Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:33 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2009, 10:33 PM #301 of 595
I'm thinking the episode name is a reference to the most annoying character ever (ha). (Locke.) He's the only one going back and forth with his opinions and getting everyone in trouble with his stupid antics.

I was speaking idiomatically.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2009, 05:24 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2009, 04:24 PM #302 of 595
I'm really looking forward to seeing the last 5 eps. The season finale should be promising. I just hope they don't screw it up.

Spoiler regarding the title of the season finale episodes:
"The Incident"

Holy crap! Is it the Incident that Shredder has been talking about in those films?! The one that caused the electromagnetic anomaly and the code being entered every 108mins in The Swan. I never would have figured that our Losties would be involved in that.
(Sorry, I forget what the dude's name was.. I only remember him as Shredder from TMNT2)

I haven't played the video game, but I'm reading that there is an
spoiler if you actually want to play the game 'LOST: Via Domus' to figure out this location that could possibly tie into the show:
"Incident Room" where there's a large, tilted reactor with damaged equipment nearby.
I wonder if that's canon and will appear later on in the show.

Giggidy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2009, 05:51 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2009, 10:51 PM #303 of 595
The producers of the show have said the game's story is not canon. Though they may have got the look of the place mentioned from the show. But yeah, the game's story can be entirely ignored, so the game is entirely worthless (mostly because it's a terrible piece of crap).

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 12, 2009, 06:09 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2009, 11:09 PM #304 of 595
phantom:

Spoiler:
The "Incident Room" is canon. In fact, it's the only canonical thing in the entire goddamned game. The developers were quite limited on what they could show in the way of new material - the design/layout of the room was provided by the guys behind the show's mythos, and it's shown on the blast door map:

I wager we'll be seeing it in the finale. One thing, though - there's an inscription on the map reading "Caduceus station believed to have been abandoned due to AH/MDG incident of 1985" - our characters are in 1977. Either it's referring to a different incident, or we'll be seeing more time-jumping shenanigans before the season's out...

Kish:

Spoiler:
I'd be disappointed were that the case. The episode title kind of indicates a continuation of The Constant, so...

Most amazing jew boots
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:11 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 12:11 PM #305 of 595
I was really happy with the latest 2 episodes. My friend has been catching up and I forgot how great it is to watch Lost without weeks inbetween the episodes.

Spoiler:
I'm surprised no one has tried to figure out what all the writing on the temple wall means...especially in the smoke monsters room. Maybe they have, but I'm way too lazy to look into it! The Anubis symbol is very intriguing though...it's quite cool having some Egyptian mythology come into play.
But yes, holy crap at the judgement. I'm so glad Ben got a good telling off by the monster to follow Locke. Imagine if Ben tried to kill Locke in future episodes and then the monster just comes out of the jungle with all its mechanical sounding rage to tear Ben to pieces. I can only dream.

Miles was a chracter I was weary about, but now he's become a lot more interesting for me. I'm not sure if this has been theorised, but I'm starting to think maybe every kid who is born on the island has a special power? Or maybe they are born naturally gifted with intelligence. Or maybe Dharma just injected them with some super gloop to make them super humans. Me dunno...me dunno.

While people complain about the amount of mysteries and twists Lost has, I think it's great to be able to have so many questions about one show.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:21 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 12:21 PM #306 of 595
Quote:
Spoiler:
I'm surprised no one has tried to figure out what all the writing on the temple wall means...especially in the smoke monsters room. Maybe they have, but I'm way too lazy to look into it!
Lostpedia to the rescue.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:07 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 11:07 PM #307 of 595
Spoiler:
Miles was a chracter I was weary about, but now he's become a lot more interesting for me. I'm not sure if this has been theorised, but I'm starting to think maybe every kid who is born on the island has a special power?
Spoiler:
Then apparently Charlotte's special power was bleeding to death. Or maybe the writers will reveal something about her too.

Miles is a really funny guy. He's like a man who has so much unimportant stuff to do and so little time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:59 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2009, 08:59 PM #308 of 595
SO!

A new ARG has started. This year, Comic-Con brought with it a trailer of sorts (well, a viral vid) teasing S5. We learn Marvin Candle's real name and other fascinating things are hinted at.

YouTube Video

Talk about building hype early. I shall be keeping an eye on this one.
(fixed youtube link to work)

Cool how last summer's viral vid makes sense now. That's baby Miles crying in the background and..
(someone else in the vid):
that's Faraday behind the camera and talking to Chang. I guess someone spilled the beans about the future.

I love this show's attention to detail. At 2:29 in the vid above, Chang grabs his left hand after talking about the Purge that's inescapable. I didn't notice this before but in the Swan Orientation video..
possible result of Incident:
Chang has a prosthetic left arm! oh noes!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:07 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 10:07 PM #309 of 595
Tonight's episode, fuck. Super emotional evening for me here.

Spoiler:
I seriously had tears in my eyes when Daniel talked to Charlotte, and again when Desmond was talking to PENNEH. Even worse, they killed Dan! THEY KILLED DAN! He was fast becoming my favorite character! Why couldn't they kill Miles?!

That is, of course, if he is actually dead. Seemed that way at the end though.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 03:23 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 02:23 AM #310 of 595
n/m It's been said in an interview that the comiccon vid is only partially canonical. The vid was meant to be just a promotional vid for this season.

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 09:53 AM #311 of 595
I'm glad Daniel is dead. Kid just kept showing up when it was convenient and he seemed awfully weepy to me. He knew way too much for once character, too.

Meanwhile, I am totally psyched the survivors are heading back into the jungle. What I am not so psyched about it the detonation of the hydrogen bomb to mess with the chain of events. Though I wonder if that's even an issue now that Dan is dead.

I'm hoping the focus will quickly come back onto the survivors and their relationships in the jungle. I suppose I'm just sentimental about the way things were on the show back when everyone was on the beach.

FELIPE NO
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:12 AM #312 of 595
I was upset when Dan died. He was quickly turning into one of my favorite characters, and certainly one of the most interesting. I feel like, along with Mr. Eko, he died before he could get really interesting. Oh well.

A great episode despite that one huge annoyance and the stupid fucking obligatory LOST gunfight. The first thing that ever pissed me off about this show was when they introduced guns into the series, and whenever guns appear on screen I roll my eyes instantly. Tonight was no exception, though I did enjoy Dan's reaction to having the gun. It was actually somewhat believable!

How ya doing, buddy?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2009, 10:45 AM Local time: May 4, 2009, 11:45 AM #313 of 595
I was surfing the net and i found that the statue might be of Taweret, which goes along with the show.............especially the fact that pregnancy and birth are both a major part of the show

here is a little info on Taweret

Taweret - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And also check out these statue comparisons

I think that Sayid referencing that it had 4 toes was a dead give away as 2 what the statue might be

How ya doing, buddy?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 4, 2009, 11:17 AM Local time: May 4, 2009, 05:17 PM #314 of 595
Don't worry guys, Dan is gonna be okay.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2009, 05:12 PM Local time: May 5, 2009, 12:12 AM #315 of 595
And also check out these statue comparisons

I think that Sayid referencing that it had 4 toes was a dead give away as 2 what the statue might be
I'm thinking of something more boring of what the statue could be. The clothing on the foot instantly reminded me of ancient Greece and led me to think the statue could be the Colossus of Rhodos.

And another small note. Claire might be right in Locke being the smokey monster, now that I think of it. Or rather, Locke becoming it sometime in the future and teleporting back to mess with people.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2009, 06:04 PM Local time: May 13, 2009, 05:04 PM #316 of 595
And another small note. Claire might be right in Locke being the smokey monster, now that I think of it.
When did she say that?

Finale is on tonight!
I hope they finally answer the question that everyone is dying to know..

"What did one snowman say to the other snowman?"
(Oh and I guess who "him" is, that the Swan button-pushers were waiting on.)

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 13, 2009, 06:16 PM Local time: May 13, 2009, 11:16 PM #317 of 595
I'm going to be watching the finale tomorrow night, twelve or so hours after all you yankees... So you'd better fucking use spoiler tags! At the very least, don't mention any plot details at the beginning of your posts, else they'll show up in the "recent posts" frame on the index. Got that, splitters?
Quote:
"What did one snowman say to the other snowman?"
Smells like carrots?

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2009, 10:48 PM Local time: May 13, 2009, 09:48 PM #318 of 595
megaupload single link:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWCCH126

interchangeable links:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/232719968/lost.s05e16-e17.hdtv.xvid-fqm-100.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232719908/lost.s05e16-e17.hdtv.xvid-fqm-100.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232719958/lost.s05e16-e17.hdtv.xvid-fqm-100.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232719795/lost.s05e16-e17.hdtv.xvid-fqm-100.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232719994/lost.s05e16-e17.hdtv.xvid-fqm-100.part5.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232719943/lost.s05e16-e17.hdtv.xvid-fqm-100.part6.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232719907/lost.s05e16-e17.hdtv.xvid-fqm-100.part7.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VJUBA640
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ANPS4QJE
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CDPAYQ4S
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F9UWNK33
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F8ZKQ4IY
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8PMNS7K0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3MG7E7Z9

Fuck, we have to wait til 2010?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2009, 01:10 AM Local time: May 13, 2009, 11:10 PM #319 of 595
What the fuck just happened. I don't even... what?

Spoiler:
So Locke was really just this "I wanna kill you Jacob" guy since the return to the island? The fuck? THE FUCK?!

FELIPE NO
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2009, 01:10 AM Local time: May 13, 2009, 10:10 PM #320 of 595
What the fuck?

Spoiler:
So did John Locke do some time travel paradox shit? Something about that loophole? So his current self is dead, but his past self came to the future?

Jacob sure died a pansy's death. He didn't even try defending himself.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Dance party!
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2009, 02:48 PM Local time: May 14, 2009, 12:48 PM #321 of 595
The more I think of it...

Spoiler:
The more I feel bad for poor John Locke. That man's entire life he has been nothing but used and manipulated by people more clever than he is. People taking advantage of his good hearted nature. And now, after everything that he's been through, he had to be killed simply so whatever that dude was could take his form and manipulate others into killing Jacob.

I am still trying to figure out where the fuck this show is going now, anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2009, 07:14 PM Local time: May 14, 2009, 06:14 PM #322 of 595
Spoiler:
I expected more of what "the Incident" was going to be like (maybe involving a reactor in the incident room), but they haven't built that hatch yet. They've only started drilling right? So how do they contain the spike in energy? They can't use machinery or else it will just get sucked in. Do they just simply fill up whatever with concrete and then build the Swan machinery and computers around it?

I'm not sure if I like where this is going. Only one season left. Matthew Fox claims to know the general idea of the ending and that we won't be disappointed.

Looks like a battle of good(Jacob) and evil(other guy in black shirt.) The other guy says that people who are brought to the Island only bring fighting, corruption, and destruction. Jacob seems to want to prove him otherwise.
Seems like the only ones who've found peace on the Island are Bernard and Rose.

I was thinking that the Black Smoke monster was the black shirt guy, and for the past seasons he's been trying to mess with people until he found his loophole to get to Jacob. And possibly Jacob foresaw this loophole and gathered his players (the people he visited) to try to block that. But didn't Richard take young Ben to be healed at the Temple, where the Black Smoke monster lives? I thought Richard was on the same side as Jacob.

So does everything not matter anymore? Like the mysteries with Dharma and the numbers? Did someone "bring" Dharma to the Island or can supernatural mysteries be solved with science and math?

I'd be freaked out if I was coming to an island with a statue like that.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 14, 2009, 08:33 PM Local time: May 15, 2009, 01:33 AM #323 of 595
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

FUCK.

Spoiler:
Holy shit. So Locke's been dead as a doornail all along. I won't pretend I saw that coming.

Interesting how all this ties together, though. They're really starting to play up the mythological aspects of the show's background. When Ben referred to not-Locke as "waltzing in like Moses" and not-Locke gave him that knowing look... What if...? Oh god. Oh fuck. Oh wow.

I have all kinds of thoughts I'm going to be rambling on about in the morning. Jesus, fuck. FUCK. Excellent finale to a great season.

Oh yeah, and now we know how Chang lost his arm. cool~

Most amazing jew boots
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 06:19 AM Local time: May 16, 2009, 11:19 AM #324 of 595
Spoiler:
Then apparently Charlotte's special power was bleeding to death. Or maybe the writers will reveal something about her too.
Spoiler:
Well maybe insane intelligence has something to do with it? Assuming Daniel was born on the island he was gifted with science, Charlotte was gifted with languages etc. Or maybe children are more susceptible to receiving special gifts from the island, which could explain why they wanted to steal all the children from the Losties.

And now to rant about the finale =D

Spoiler:

I loved it!

I have a theory about the guy at the beginning with Jacob. Maybe they're both like opposing gods of something. Because if that statue is Taweret, the goddess of birth and all that jazz, who is represented by Jacob...then the smoke monster is like the god of death who could be the other guy. But for some reason they can't kill each other directly, so then "smokey" manipulated Locke into going off the island and dying so he could take his form. It seems that the smoke monster can take the image of anyone who has died on the island and isn't buried. Which is why the others are so insistent on burying their dead. Which would make sense that Christian is walking around - since his body went missing from the coffin.

Sooo...when "Locke" said "I had to go through a lot of trouble to get to this point" or something along those lines, he could mean that he used Christian to convince Locke that he was special and he needed get off the island to die, to in effect bring everyone back, but since he was dead he could take over Locke's body, so by his "resurrection" he could scare Ben to think Locke was special to the island to bring him back to life, to be judged by Smokey/Locke and scare him into following Locke's every command, to the killing of Jacob. Bit long winded and could be wrong...but that was definitely the loop hole of the guy from the beach with Jacob.

Which also gets me thinking if the smoke monster has to take forms of other people, since his original human self could be dead, then maybe now Jacob's human form is dead he will become some kind of smoke monster too but in the opposite sense.

But yes, this episode got him rethinking about everything that happened in the series. The way I see it, is that all the weird happenings are because of the war between Jacob and the smoke monster. If they kept Eko in the series, maybe they were thinking of making him like Locke but representing Jacob. Which would explain why Eko was so brutally killed by the smoke monster, because he saw his potential alliance with Jacob.

MY GOD THERE'S SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT.

Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old May 16, 2009, 06:58 AM Local time: May 16, 2009, 12:58 PM #325 of 595
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Spoiler:
The presence of Jacob's enemy has me rethinking everything from the previous series! If everything up until now has been a step in a "war" between Jacob and the evil one then so many of the steps made by supernatural forces on the island reflect this.

So it's safe to say that the Cabin Jacob was in wasn't Jacob but Jacob's evil buddy, as they said that it had been used by someone else. Meaning Locke's spiritual connection with the island was with the baddy.

But yeah, that threw me off that ending. I too cannot pretend to have seen the ending with Locke actually dead coming. It's a shame that he's gone. But because Hugo can still see dead people in a benevolent, non-evil way maybe we'll see Locke's character again yet.

Also, it's interesting still to note that even if the smoke monster is Jacob's enemy, that he's still very much a mechanical force, which calls into question the nature of Jacob. I hope it's not all supernatural and that they try to link in some science, not because I want it to actually work in the real world I just think it'd be cool. Also, the writers have hinted there might be more than one smoke monster. HOW WILL THEY DO THIS IN ONE MORE SEASON?!

SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS! I really want to watch the previous seasons now. Might make a summer project of it.

AHHHHHHHH, the satisfying sound of confusion.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]