Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 05:40 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 04:40 PM #51 of 410
Look, I'm not certain about it, but what I mean when I said they were thinking about the show for years, was that maybe the creators, even while making La Femme Nikita, or even long before that, had an idea in their mind, "Won't it be great if we made a show about a government agent who had his family kidnapped?..." and over several years, thought about different ideas, scenarios, etc., long before they even decided to make the show maybe having enough ideas for a couple seasons over the years. And when it came time to actually write the show, they already had these great unique ideas, and didn't have to quickly come up with something. It seems obvious to me, that they used all of their good ideas first, and now they are just quickly coming up with ideas. Some new ideas are good, but a ton are bad.

Yes, to me, I do see a massive decline in quality. The writing is very bad compared to the first couple of seasons in my opinion. The ideas are hashed way too much, most of the surprises don't really shock me anymore, cliche after cliche, 95% of the characters are lame and don't care about any of them at all, etc. I haven't watched the first 2 seasons in a couple years, so maybe the show has always been like this, and just didn't see it(I doubt that). Maybe I will have to get back and watch them again. But I definitely see many problems now, as with the last couple seasons too.

I started watching 24 at the very end of Season 1, I didn't really know what was going on, so it didn't know how great it was. When Season 2 started, I watched from the beginning, and I remember being blown away. So I bought Season 1 on DVD and was even more blown away by Season 1. I can tell you now, if I had started watching at season 3(which was okay), 4, 5, or 6, I would not have been blown away. So I do definitely see a decline in quality.

I don't watch a whole lot of different shows, but one show I watch that have been around as long as 24 is The Shield. That show has always been consistently great, although not perfect. But the difference is, there are only 12-13 episode per season of The Shield, and there are 24 episodes per season of 24, so I can definitely see it has to be much harder to write double the amount of episodes in the same or probably shorter amount of time. That's why I say they should take a year off, and take the time to write a great season instead of having to rush everything.
Okay, but the creators have said that the first thing that came in their mind was the real-time concept, not the story or setting or anything. All that came afterward, so it's not like they had this massive amount of time to work on these things like you seem to think they did. Who says you can't write great stuff in a short amount of time anyway?

As for the show taking a break, I doubt that's going to happen, and it doesn't really need to. Besides, since it's at the height of it's popularity now, this would probably be the worse time for it to take a year off. They just got all these new viewers with Season 5, so why drive them all away by not showing the show? Maybe you've just had an overload of the show or something, and thus, you should take a break from it, but I honestly don't think the show taking a break would affect it that much.

But honestly, this all stems from your percieved decline in quality of the show, so while you think Seasons 3-6 are bad, it doesn't mean that they actually are (personally, I think Season 2 is the worst season, looking back at it). I can't make you change your mind about this, but I did want to mention these things.

Most amazing jew boots
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 05:41 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 10:41 PM #52 of 410
I
-Chloe isn't hot, stop trying to make her the new "24 CTU hottie." She's nerdy and funny, but she has the face of a frustrated bulldog.
LOL I always thought the same, but each season she seems to get better looking, until she pulls that bull dog face.

Don't know what it is,

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda

Last edited by The Furious One; Jan 18, 2007 at 05:45 PM.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 05:53 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 03:53 PM #53 of 410
Maybe it's because she needs to smile more. On interviews and stuff, she doesn't look that bad.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 07:00 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 05:00 PM #54 of 410
Okay, but the creators have said that the first thing that came in their mind was the real-time concept, not the story or setting or anything. All that came afterward, so it's not like they had this massive amount of time to work on these things like you seem to think they did. Who says you can't write great stuff in a short amount of time anyway?

As for the show taking a break, I doubt that's going to happen, and it doesn't really need to. Besides, since it's at the height of it's popularity now, this would probably be the worse time for it to take a year off. They just got all these new viewers with Season 5, so why drive them all away by not showing the show? Maybe you've just had an overload of the show or something, and thus, you should take a break from it, but I honestly don't think the show taking a break would affect it that much.

But honestly, this all stems from your percieved decline in quality of the show, so while you think Seasons 3-6 are bad, it doesn't mean that they actually are (personally, I think Season 2 is the worst season, looking back at it). I can't make you change your mind about this, but I did want to mention these things.
Ok, well if the creators came up all of the ideas right away for season 1, then they did a very good job. But I do kind of find that hard to believe that FOX just called them up one day and said "Hey, we want you guys to come up with a show off the top of your heads, writing and film it and we will put on the air in less than a year". Very illogical. Anyway, that was just a concept I had as to why season 1 was so good, like I said, I really didn't know. But the last couples seasons weren't good to me, so I think they are just running out of good ideas and rely way too much on the same ideas again and again.

You're right, the show probably won't take a break, but I think it should. As for it losing viewers, if the show still really is great, and people love it so much, they will come back because of anticipation. People tend not to forget great things so easily. If you look at a show like The Sopranos, they take 2 years off, and come back and get monsters numbers from the start. The longer the show stays off for, the higher rating the season premier seems to get because of the anticipation involved. But 24 being on FOX, which tends to like to milk a franchise for every dollar it can, the show won't take time off, because it will would not make as much money. But in affect, you lose quality. I prefer quality over quantity. I would much rather have 2 great seasons of 24 in 4 years, than 4 mediocre/OK ones.

BTW, I actually thought season 3 was alright, and just 4 and 5 were very mediocre and season 6 looks to be going in that same direction so far. Season 2 was great in my opinion because all of the ideas were fresh at the time, and I actually liked most of, if not all of the characters, cliches were less existent, and writing much better. The plot wasn't the best, but it was very well done, I thought. So, yes you can't make me change my mind, I know bad quality when I see it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Enter User Name; Jan 18, 2007 at 07:04 PM.
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 05:34 AM Local time: Jan 19, 2007, 10:34 AM #55 of 410
lol I was just thinking that they really should of done a 24 with Jack in China. Kinda Prison Break but without the dumb characters.

I've started rewatch season 1, its amazing how Jack is so different, he doesn't joke anymore. And the script was way better in season 1 than it is now, the character development is brilliant, now they just chuck in random technology terms. Lol did anyone catch what Cloe said to Nadia, another firewall term.

Is it me or are more and more hotties getting put into 24!

Oh and I think 24 are only to stick to the muslim terrorist thing again, I just checked the movie cast on IMDB and the lead bad guy is Fahim Fazli.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by The Furious One; Jan 19, 2007 at 05:43 AM.
aznxinvazn
Carob Nut

Member 9634

Level 4.12

Jul 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 01:28 PM #56 of 410
lol I was just thinking that they really should of done a 24 with Jack in China. Kinda Prison Break but without the dumb characters.
I was going to say the same thing. I started watching 24 toward the middle of season 5, so I don't really know why the Chinese were after Jack, but I would've liked to see what happened to him after season 5.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 07:27 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 12:27 AM #57 of 410
You can catch up with the all the 24 episodes you missed here

http://tv.peekvid.com/s3048/

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 07:57 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 12:57 AM #58 of 410
And the first 10 or so minutes of episode 5 have been uploaded to youtube, I think from the DVD that was released recently.

---- Spoilers ----

It starts off fast as you would expect, everyone is running down the streets to escape the blast radius, Jack is looking helpless but ends up helping someone out of a crashed helicopter before phoning CTU to bring him back in, oh, and Wayne and everyone else is moved down to the bunker. We are also introduced to someone who apparently sold the nukes, but he's already annoying me, will have to wait and see.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 04:13 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 02:13 PM #59 of 410
This may be way more analyzing than necessary for this show, but after watching the premiere again (), I note that Jack Bauer memorized the coordinates to Al-Assad's location, you know, before going vampire on that one guard. Then the kid, Scott, is able to recall the where Ahmed told his dad to bring that package. What is this? Subtle foreshadowing of some sort? Will this Scott kid be the next Jack Bauer? Nay. He will be the first Scott Wallace. Yup.

Screw it. Forget I typed anything. I'm just in 24 withdrawal already.

IS IT MONDAY YET? ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:41 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 12:41 AM #60 of 410
lol i cant wait for monday either, 24, Prison Break, Heroes !!!

Taisai
Amorph

Member 8563

Level 16.22

Jun 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:09 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 06:39 PM #61 of 410
I've started rewatch season 1, its amazing how Jack is so different,
and...his hair......, as much as I love Sutherland.

Season 6 has been pretty enjoyable for me so far, save the awful treatment of Curtis. I understood how annoying Kimberly and Audrey had been.

I was speaking idiomatically.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:57 AM #62 of 410
One question:
When will the soundtrack for Season 6 be released? I liked the music so far

Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 06:06 PM #63 of 410
One question:
When will the soundtrack for Season 6 be released? I liked the music so far
The soundtrack for Seasons 4 and 5 didn't come out until recently. I wouldn't expect a soundtrack until after Season 7 finishes airing.

FELIPE NO
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 06:09 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 11:09 PM #64 of 410
yeh its a shame that, only recently managed to get the LOST soundtrack.

How ya doing, buddy?

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 09:34 PM #65 of 410
Spoiler:
OH SHIT THATS JACK'S BROTHER?!

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:02 PM #66 of 410
Oh shit the rumor mill was right again! That guy's son's actor let loose his last name last week.

HOLY SHIT I don't even know what to say.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:04 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 10:04 PM #67 of 410
Godly shit once again folks.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:05 PM #68 of 410
Spoiler:
Isn't it a bit cliche that Jack's brother (and possibly father) are involved with the terrorists? Besides, with the whole nuclear plotline, maybe they should have saved such a major development for next season.

Does anyone else think that Jack's nephew looks too much like Kim? Ten bucks says he's really Jack's kid. Only one way to find out: stick him in the woods with a mountain lion and see what happens.

CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:11 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 10:11 PM #69 of 410
Considering they alluded to a thing between Jack and his brother's wife in the past and the long pause on the kid when him and Jack met, it wouldn't surprise me if that ended up being the truth.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:30 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 09:30 PM #70 of 410
Pretty good episode. Not much really accomplished plot-wise, but alot of Jack's backstory was revealed, so it was still good.

So yeah, Romano is Jack's brother. Never saw that one coming. It's all fine in delivering the shock value, but I seriously want to know more about him, especially in relation to what he did last season. Hope Jack doesn't kill him first, though. As for Jack's father (shame they couldn't get Donald Sutherland to play him), I doubt he's actually bad (red herring like what), but a Bauer/Bauer showdown would be pretty awesome. Also:

Spoiler:
Funny that there would be a downed helicopter in the same episode Paul McCrane comes back. I'm just waiting for him to get helicopter'd.

Fayed is definitely no Marwan. While Marwan seemed like he had his shit planned to a T, Fayed is just half-assing it, and almost making it up as he goes along. I mean, I know he actually got a nuclear bomb to go off, but he did it in the worst way possible (in that it didn't go off in the location he wanted it to, and he lost the engineer and that component thing so he could set the other bombs off in a timely manner). Sorry, but so far I wouldn't put him up too high on the "Greatest 24 Villains" list.

And what's with that scene at the beginning with Wayne and his cabinet? It seemed like it was almost word for word like the scene in Season 2 about going to war with those countries that supposedly helped Sayed Ali. And just in general, Lennox is getting fucking annoying, and not even in a good way (i.e. as a character you love to hate, like Miles last year). The fact that anyone would even give him the time of day anymore is just stupid.

Once the action picks up again (in other words, once Fayed can actually use the rest of the bombs), I'm sure the show will get better overall, but for now, getting some backstory on Jack's family ain't all that bad.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:13 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 11:13 PM #71 of 410
Preview for Next Week:
Cromwell as Jack's dad will be awesome =D

Still, I dunno why, but I just burst out laughing when Jack pulled out the plastic baggie for his brother =p And yeah, the kid probably is his. The way he acted toward him seemed awkward in a way that it'd fit with that.

Jack's endless list of girlfriends and old flames sure is getting old though. He had an affair while Teri was still around, and maybe had a kid. I dunno... =( But yeah, nice episode~

I don't like any of the Palmers though. Wish they'd axe them from the story. But now that we have another sibling, even if Wayne is killed, we're stuck with the sister... MRS. PALMER FOR PRESIDENT LOLOSHIT ><

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:57 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 12:57 AM #72 of 410
I agree with most of what rockstar said, I like that they are bring in more back-story on Jack. I like that the twist that Jack brother is part of the group that was controlling President Logan last seasons. Hopeful they make good use of this and not just something they threw in for the heck of it (the threat for the second half of the season may be?). Morris was dragging down the CTU part of the story with his annoying attitude it seemed he has toned down the attitude a bit and is now tolerable (and it only took a nuclear bombing going off in the city he supposed to be helping protect to do it!)

Lastly, I hope they keep showing the damage this is doing to Jack emotional especially now with his father and brother getting involved. I mean if were Jack the thought in my head at this point would be something like this: “You know what? I step in foot in LA and within 5 hours I’m surround by suicide bombers, suitcase nukes, terrorists, reformed terrorists, people wanting me to save them because in all these years I’m still apparently the only person who can do this job and who despite this don’t play attention too me until it already too late all while not even being an official officer which mean I probably won’t even get paid for this; people who want to torture me, people wanting to use me as a sacrificial lamb, I just killed a friend and I just found out my brother and father might be terrorists which means all of my family is either dead, a terrorists or fucking some shrink twice her age who thinks everything can be fixed via breathing exercises…I’m going back to China.”

Quote:
Fayed is definitely no Marwan. While Marwan seemed like he had his shit planned to a T, Fayed is just half-assing it, and almost making it up as he goes along.
Strangely that is exactly why I hated Marwin. His plan was too perfectly planed out especially for something so convoluted. We are going to kidnap the secretary of defense and broadcast the execution on TV but not just on the news we are going to highjack the words computer grinds to broadcast it over the net; which is actually a distraction to let us hack in to certain computer so we can use an override devise we stole from a train we bombed this morning to make all the countries nuclear power plants blow up, which will make the president retreat to air force one which we will blow out of the sky with this jet we are going to steal, and then when the plan is down we are going to steal the nuclear football and use it to get our hands on a warhead and launch it at LA all in one day all with out a hitch. Come on I know 24 has some pretty ridiculous and convoluted plot lines but come on; the sear number of separate large scale attacks all crammed in too one day on all basically depending on the attack before it going off just right make Marwins plan so ridiculous that I can’t take him seriously as a true character hw was just another super intelligent generic super-villain. The half-assedness of Fayed at least make this story line more believable.

Quote:
It seemed like it was almost word for word like the scene in Season 2 about going to war with those countries that supposedly helped Sayed Ali.
Agreed but to me this is a good sign after watching the premier my thought is that the seasons could become more like seasons 2 (a really good seasons) or it could become like season 4 (the worst season, started and ended strong but the middle was a mess). The fact that I being reminded of seasons 2 and not seasons 4 is a good sign for the seasons.

As I finally note from those of you afflicted from 24 withdrawal there are some 24 webisodes /degree deodorant commercials, centered around a rookie at CTU. Nothing real interesting except it prove my long standing suspicion that even doing something as simple as get a cup of coffee is a life and death experience if you happen to live in the 24 universe: http://www.cturookie.com/men/cturookie/default.asp

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:57 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 09:57 PM #73 of 410
Godly shit once again folks.
hell yes!

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

hot 24 quote action returns.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:02 AM #74 of 410
Jack's going to be the next prez... I heard it in the rumormill... and he bangs his secretary clinton style. booya bitch.

Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:21 AM #75 of 410
I was rather disappointed by this episode. The family plotline seems unnecessary. I imagine this only lead to an even more complicated season. And, for a man that "can't do this anymore" he certainly seems perfectly willing to resort to his old ways to gain information from his brother. He's doing his own thing again, under the radar. I hope it works out.

This one's minor, but how did Walid know how to say Fayed's name? He only saw it printed.

One last thing. I don't think Philip Bauer is involved in terrorism.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread