Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations

liemtenshi
Hmmm ... ramen ... shrimp ... shrimp ramen with lime is the best!!

Member 32169

Level 2.25

Nov 2008

Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:18 PM #1 of 87
Cool Shion no Ou, Ghost Hunt, Skip Beat!, Piano no Mori

Well, nobody has recommended these series.

Title: Shion no Ou
Type: Anime, Manga (just know it exist. Have no info)
Length: 22 episodes
Genre: Drama, sport, crime
Setting: Today japan.

The story is following a 12 years old girl genius in shogi. Her parents was murdered as she was 4 and the case was never solved. However, the detective in charge did not give up even if the chance of solving it is very slim.

The story line is just like day to day drama. You'd think you know who the murderer on episode 1-3 or the motive. But it would not be until the 20th episode, that it will become clear, who the real murderer is.

Animation is okay. Not realy consistent (Studio Deen), but since there are no action, it is okay. It is the story itself that just lull you suddenly to episode 22. ^_^

In a way it is like Hikaru no Go, but with more story in it.

It may not strike many people fancy, but it is a gem in its own.

Music:

Destiny in piano solo is a good song. (It is the one that they played when they tell you who the sponsor of this anime).
Destiny in orchestra is another animal. ^_^

Tons of pretty background. OP (Lady Luck) is a rock song. Like the beginning, hate the chorus. However, ED (My best friend) is great. Can not get it out from my head.

Animation: 7/10
Music: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10

Title: Ghost Hunt
Type: Anime, Manga
Length: 25 episodes, manga: there has been conflicting information about this. US is only to book 8. I heard rumors in Japan there is a 11th book and that the author might continue to write this manga.
Genre: drama, supernatural.
Setting: Today japan

This is about a supernatural research. A narcissist Naru and a clueless, supernatural bait Mai and their gang, consist of a priest, a monk, a miko, a doll like medium, a non talking giant secretary and a know it all sarcastic student with a mask of an old wise salary man. Very enjoyable. Very funny. Sometime very scary.

There is a side story in this drama, however there is no conclusion in anime. I think it concludes in book 11th, which not being included in the anime. Why? I don't know.

First case is the most boring. Other cases are interesting, but 'Silent Christmas' episode and the mansion (not the inn near the seaside) episode are greatest.

Music:
Great music. All intrumental. Silent Christmas is the greatest though.

Music: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

Title: Skip Beat!
Type: Anime, Manga
Length: 26, but so far there is only 6 episodes in fansub and there are 15 books in US.
Genre: Drama
Setting: Today japan

The main character is Mogami Kyoko. A girl who was used by her childhood friend. She snapped after she found out and this is the story about the new and "improved" Kyoko. Hint the "improved" part. It is soooo funny.
I have to say, japanese writer know how to make a new twist of an old story to make it very enjoyable. hahahhaha.
However I do not like the voice actress of Kyoko.

Music:
Can not say a lot about this series. Don't like the OP. Too normal. ED is interesting. Background can not say much about it yet.

Music: 6/10 might change later on
Enjoyment: 10/10

Title: Piano no Mori
Type: Anime
Length: one movie (1 hour 43 minutes)
Setting: Modern Japan
Genre: Drama, piano

The story is about a boy who came from the family full with accomplised pianists and a boy who just loved to play piano.
I can not say more to this, otherwise I would spoiled the story. However, it is very funny. Especially with those "Mozarts" and the "Bathroom Princess" and "Wendy". ^_^

Animation" 8/10. I don not like the way they drew the people, but the background is great.
Music: 10/10. A lot of classical music, especially from Mozart. But the piece I love are the ones that Ichinose played. Good ED. I don't think there is OP.
enjoyment: 10/10

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by liemtenshi; Dec 3, 2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: adding some info

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations