Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 06:29 PM #1 of 87
Just like the old thread, the first post should provide links to posts for each anime series recommended.

Juuni Kokki (Twelve Kingdoms) Anime

When I saw the early episodes, I was instantly reminded of Fushigi Yuugi. Just like the latter, a high school girl is taken to an alternate world where she plays an important role. The viewer is able to learn more about each of the kingdoms as well, so it's slightly more complex. I actually found the story in Junni Kokki more interesting than Fushigi Yuugi because nothing seems out of place. There isn't as much emphasis on romance either, and the heroine experiences interesting character development. The pace of the story felt just right as well, and the main character was more tolerable than Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi. The music is also very well done.

I'd highly recommend this one to those who enjoy fantasy anime.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 11:20 PM #2 of 87
Originally Posted by SouthJag
As far as I'm concerned, no other anime has pulled me in so deeply for ALL of 45 episodes than Twelve Kingdoms has. Every episode leaves you wanting more and it's hard to refuse. You'll find yourself having watched 4 or 5 hours of it without even knowing.
I found that I managed to get through the entire series in less than four days. For some reason, it didn't seem like I was flying through the episodes, but they certainly did go quickly.

I especially adored the episodes with Taiki. The story seemed to really catch my attention even more during that part.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 12:17 PM #3 of 87
NANA
Type: Anime Series
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy, Music
Length: Ongoing, currently listed as 50
Setting: Modern Japan
Note: Based on the manga by Yazawa Ai, the same creator of Paradise Kiss. There is also a Nana Live Action movie.

Komatsu Nana (left), Osaki Nana (right)

Nana is the story about two young women who meet one night on a train. After some brief conversation, they realize that they share the same first name, Nana. The two are separated after their arrival in Tokyo, but an apartment tour later on brings them together again.

Character development plays a large role in this anime. The first episode introduces Komatsu Nana and Osaki Nana when they are both twenty, but the anime dedicates several episodes to explain why each woman was on her way to Tokyo. The story revolves around the friendship between the two main characters, friends from each character's past, and the drama that unfolds.

One noteworthy characteristic about the anime is the clothing. In each episode, the characters are often seen wearing different and fashionable outfits. Paradise Kiss is also similar in terms of clothing, but whereas Nana focuses on drama and elements of music, the former involves a design school and fashion.

Although Nana is a shoujo title, it's very different from typical high school stories. The characters' personalities are presented to the viewer slowly, and the drama is more mature.

Nana has a stylish atmosphere, and is a good title to watch to take a break from action. I'd recommend this one to shoujo fans who want to see something different, and viewers who are interested in a mature anime that can still be fun to watch.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations