Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations

Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:21 PM #1 of 87

Title: Eden (It's an Endless World!)
Mangaka: Endo Hiroki
Genre: Science-Fiction, Drama, Action, Post-Apocalyptic, Cyber-Punk?
Length: Thirteen Serialized Volumes
Release Dates: Japan: 1998-2005 (Kodansha), US: 2005-???? (Dark Horse)
Warnings: Sex, Violence, Language, Drugs

Summary: The last three humans (two preteens named Enoah and Hannah, and gaurdian Professor Layne) on a specific island are living in an isolated laboratory. Sometime before, a brutal plague wiped out most of the population. Everything changes when a rebel force led by Enoah's father raids the lab in order to abduct the children, who are immune to the epidemic. Twenty years later, Enoah and Hannah have been seperated. What becomes of the two? What happens when they come into contact with other survivors? What lies in store for the world?

My Thoughts: Well, the first thing I'll admit is that I've only read the first volume, so I don't know how the plot ends, and if the story goes completely to shit. However, I was so engrossed in the first volume that I'll take my chances and write up a reccomendation. The first thing I noticed was the manga's beautiful, realistic art. Then there are two important points: 1) there are no magic/powers/etc and 2) it's not set in Japan. It's been a while since I've read a manga in this vein, so this aspect pleased me quite a bit. Issues not even touched in most animanga like homosexuality and race are dealt with on believable levels. However, this is a very complicated plot that might have you going back a few pages to make sure you didn't miss anything. There are a few pages that are laden with footnotes explaining scientific processes and governmental groups. And this story is quite blatant with it's philosiphization and questioning of political and religious issues. THIS COMIC WILL MAKE YOU THINK. However, I believe that the spectacular art, intricate plot, and dystopian musings make for an excellent read - as I pick up the rest of the series, hopefully my opinion won't change.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations