Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations

alkaline
Run Home Slow

Member 1696

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:48 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 08:48 PM #1 of 87
Eureka Seven
Genre: Mecha, Science Fiction, Drama
Length: 30 Episodes+
Setting: Alternate-Future
Torrents: http://www.nanashi-fansubs.com/

Summary: Renton Thurston is a 14-year-old boy who lived with his mechanic grandfather in a backwater town. Every day he dreamed of being with the mercenary "Light Finding Operation (LFO)" aircraft pilot group "Gekkostate" and riding "Trapar" particle waves-- a sport called "reffing"-- with their charismatic leader Holland, especially when faced with his father's acclaimed past or his grandfather's desire to protect him.

When a young girl named Eureka riding the original LFO, the "Nirvash typeZERO", asks his grandfather for a tune-up, she inadvertently brings the attention of the military to the garage; as a result, the garage is destroyed and Renton is forced to deliver a new type of interface-- the "Amita Drive"-- to the Nirvash. After a heated fight in which the Nirvash destroys the military LFOs by unleashing an immense amount of power, Renton is invited into Gekkostate. However, he quickly realizes that behind the facade of a traveling group of mercenaries is a very bitter reality.

=======

I'm actually in the middle of watching this myself, but I'm already pretty well addicted and can see this as one of my favorite Animes in a long, long while. The constant back and forth drama between Renton learning about his place in the world and the world trying to assert Renton's place is really well done.

The dream sequences littered around the series, however, give me bad flashbacks of Evangelion, but Eureka Seven doesn't force you to assume much. If you start to get lost, chances are theres a reveal showing up soon that's going to knock you back on track. And aside from the first episodes of a new season, there's very little filler.

If you liked Evangelion, or are currently plowing through Gundam Seed, give Eureka a shot. It's fantastic in every way imaginable (Animation, style, character development, awesome music) and it keeps getting better.

Rating: 9/10

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations