Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Overated/underated anime's

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:49 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2008, 05:49 PM 1 2 #76 of 81
I know some of you won't like this but Full Metal Alchemist was unbelievably overhyped. I'm not saying it was bad but I just don't see on what level people consider it to be one of the greatest anime of all time?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2008, 05:58 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2008, 02:58 PM #77 of 81
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS, MADAM.
The people I was refering to were people who thingk DBZ is like, something TOTALLY new and awesome. Makes me wanna bang my head against the table when I hear that. If someone likes 80's music but aknowledge it was made in the 80's go ahead, but it bugs me when someome sees something that's old and they think its completely new and different. I mean, I heard of DBZ when I was 6 or 7, and I played an old SNES DBZ fighting game at my cousin's place when I was that age too. To hear as a teenager people yapping on about DBZ like its the latest thing ever made me cringe. (Currently 22 years old.)

Most amazing jew boots

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Aug 20, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
yevheniy
Євгеній

Member 27697

Level 10.88

Jan 2008

Old Aug 24, 2008, 01:23 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 12:23 PM 1 #78 of 81
I know some of you won't like this but Full Metal Alchemist was unbelievably overhyped. I'm not saying it was bad but I just don't see on what level people consider it to be one of the greatest anime of all time?
I agree completely! I had to force myself to finish the last half of finish this series just to see why everyone was saying it was so good. I would have only given it about a 7/10 at the most.

Several recent anime that I believe are overrated are:
  • Kaiba
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Hachimitsu to Clover
I really couldn't get interested in any of these, but many people seem to be giving them 9s and 10s...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by yevheniy; Aug 24, 2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: (,,#゚Д゚):∴;'・,;`
Kanzaki
Chocobo

Member 16476

Level 9.00

Dec 2006

Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:13 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 10:13 PM 2 #79 of 81
I've always felt that Juuni Kokki (Twelve Kingdoms) was underrated. There were several anime fans I knew who had at least heard of the series, but very few people actually saw it. I was introduced to it after reading a thread from a forum I checked one day, and I was pleased with Juuni Kokki since Fushigi Yuugi (an anime similar to it) left something to be desired.
Yeah, as insertnamehere said, the first eps get on your nerves to the point that I almost delete it, but then the emo drama ended and that's where you start liking it :P

The overrated (just cause MMOs can't run out of Narutos, Trunks, etc.)
Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto.

Though I like DBZ and Naruto.

Well , I have just watched like 5 eps of Naruto . And I don't know why you complain about the voices they are good...
wait, oh yeah, I watch Naruto (and DBZ and most anime) in spanish (Mexico not Spain) so the voices are really well done, even Ash's (from Pokemon) voice is great. Pokerap in spanish

Oh and they are de-censored too :P

FELIPE NO
BlueSkyFish
Are you enjoying the time of EVE?

Member 27113

Level 1.47

Dec 2007

Old Dec 8, 2008, 03:56 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2008, 04:56 AM #80 of 81
I won't mention which anime are overrated in my opinion since all of them has already been mentioned more or less.

Underrated. Surprisingly there are a lot of these and I wonder why they haven't got the attention they deserve (but then if they do get it does that mean they'll be overrated too?)

Anyway, "Bokura no" is definitely one. I think it got washed away by more popular 2007 titles. Even if I prefer the manga's order of pilots over the anime, it was still an engaging story. The anime was able to capture the overall mood of the story so it's still nice.

"Noein" is another one that comes to mind. Past the weird art, the story is great.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2008, 04:18 PM #81 of 81
Overrated: Trigun, Escaflowne, Serial Experiments Lain, Samurai X, Princess Mononoke

(Theres one more on the tip of my tounge but I just can't remember the damn thing's name)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Overated/underated anime's