Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Muse album...

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:25 AM #1 of 233
New Muse album...

Since somebody was already talking about the new Tool album, I figured I'd do something similar for Muse.

So...the new album is supposed to be released around May 15th, 2006 (amazon.co.uk has it for pre-order already). The title is rumored to be "Equilibrium," but it's not confirmed as of yet. It's one of the few discs that I'll actually buy this year, so I'm pretty hyped about it. Anybody else looking forward to it?

The main thing I'm gunning for is a concert tour in the US that'll come around Austin, TX....they did last year, but that doesn't mean anything .

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:31 AM #2 of 233
I can say that I am incredibly excited for their new album. Though they took an interesting change of direction between OOS and Absolution, it was precisely that - interesting. I like a band that can have a style, but make each album sound different. I haven't heard any leaked/released material off of this one yet, so I'm sitting on my hands for any new news.

I also hope they tour the US. Boston, MA or Portland, ME show, and I'm there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:22 AM #3 of 233
I just bought Origin of Symmetry about a month ago. Ive always been a Muse fan, but just now decided to buy a CD. I was really immpressed with what I heard, and I will proably pick this CD up ASAP when its released.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:30 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:30 AM #4 of 233
I became a Muse fan as of attending a their concert at my campus last year. I like their stuff. I'll be looking forward to this new album.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:31 AM #5 of 233
They remind me of a rock and roll radiohead, but theyre lead singer can do alot more with his voice then Thom Yorke can.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:35 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:35 AM #6 of 233
I just love how much piano and classical influence they put into their music, and the things they do with distorting lyrics and such. Absolution was the first album I bought, and then I went backwards from there buying their other releases.

Matt Bellamy is a god among men -- albeit a very skinny god . I really adore Matt's stage presence and the way he does *everything* with such flair -- that's why I'm dying to see them live in concert. Video is not enough!

Most amazing jew boots
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:28 AM #7 of 233
I hope it's an improvement on Absolution. Don't get me wrong, Absolution was a good album, just their weakest. Although, if you've been reading the band announcement on the official site then it appears they've got a good batch of magic mushrooms this time around, so hopefully we'll be having some OOS excellence.

FELIPE NO

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:00 AM #8 of 233
I bought Absolution a few months ago and enjoyed it thoroughly, so it's definitely nice to hear them going for another run. Some things I hope they improve are the lyrics and the pop-py nature of some of their songs. But even if it's a rehash of Absolution, it'll still be worth the buy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Porteous
Wear Your Seat Belt

Member 1356

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:37 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:37 PM #9 of 233
I'm probably the only person on the planet who thinks their first album was their best.

I loved Origin of Symmetry when it came out, but the more I listened to it the more it began to annoy me. They just seemed to go ludicrously OTT for the sake of being ludicrously OTT and eventually the whole thing started to sound one-note. I don't think I've played it in years.

Absolution (what I heard of it) seemed to be an improvement, but still stuck in the same rut, at times. Showbiz, for me, has stood the test of time. It has more substance than the other two - not being over-reliant on Bellamy breaking his voicebox every few minutes certainly helps.

Regardless, Muse are still one of the better bands around, so thanks for the heads up - I had no idea there was a new album out this year.

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:31 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 06:31 AM #10 of 233
I got into the Muse about 2 months ago and bought Origin of Symmetry and Absolution and I completely loved both albums.

I don't know what it is about the Muse I like, but their songs sound so original and very damn good to me. I love most of the piano intro's or hell any song that pretty much features the paino in their songs (Which is almost all of them)

Muse are quickly becoming a favorite band of mine and I can't wait for their newly released album. I hope it's as good as the other two cd's.

How ya doing, buddy?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:21 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:21 PM #11 of 233
Originally Posted by Porteous
I'm probably the only person on the planet who thinks their first album was their best.

I loved Origin of Symmetry when it came out, but the more I listened to it the more it began to annoy me. They just seemed to go ludicrously OTT for the sake of being ludicrously OTT and eventually the whole thing started to sound one-note. I don't think I've played it in years.

Absolution (what I heard of it) seemed to be an improvement, but still stuck in the same rut, at times. Showbiz, for me, has stood the test of time. It has more substance than the other two - not being over-reliant on Bellamy breaking his voicebox every few minutes certainly helps.

Regardless, Muse are still one of the better bands around, so thanks for the heads up - I had no idea there was a new album out this year.
I do definately think Showbiz is underrated. It has some awesome tracks on it (Cave, Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Uno and Sunburn being the best tracks). OOS has the same ammount good songs (Plug in Baby, New Born, Bliss, Dark Shines and Feeling Good), but there just so much better than Showbiz's best. The tracks from OOS also make the best gig pieces.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Nuh
Can't carry wildflower

Member 2069

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:09 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 06:09 PM #12 of 233
So, there's a new Muse album coming out soon? My interest in the band kind of waned after Absolution. It's not a particulary bad album by any means, I just find Showbiz and OOS better. Of course, in hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea to listen to the album for the first time on a long trip in a car with really bad speakers turned up way too loud. I just never found time to listen to the album much after that...

Anyway, seeing as they're capable of great things like Citizen Erased and Sunburn I'll probably give their new album a listen.

Most amazing jew boots
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:19 PM #13 of 233
Muse have so many songs that are simply mind-blowing. "Stockholm Syndrome", though a little self-indulgent, is one of the reasons I checked the album out, alongside the amazing groove that is "Hysteria". "The Small Print" is an excellently-paced, high energy rockout, and songs like "Bliss", "Newborn", and "Space Dementia" are simply brimming with awesome.

"Citizen Erased" is a fantastic song, and probably the best in their arsenal. Discuss.

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:01 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:01 PM #14 of 233
I'm not a great fan of Citizen Erased. It's awesome live, but the studio version is just "ehhh?" In all honesty, I love 'Sing for Absolution', 'New Born', 'Bliss' and 'Plug in Baby' the best. They're awesome live as well.
Oh, and Muse will most likely be playing at Reading Festival this year. Guess where I'll be going August Bank Holiday...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:30 PM #15 of 233
Yeah, I've heard that "Citizen Erased" is amazing live. I've only seen two live videos, and that was a Fuse special: "Live at the Wiltern". I got to see them close the concert with "Butterflies and Hurricanes", in which Bellamy totally owned the piano bridge, and "Stockhold Syndrome" in which he both literally and figuratively destroyed. At the end of the song, he basically just sat on the last chord, picking and strumming wildly, jumping onto the bass drum. He began to hit one of the cymbals in time with the music, with his guitar, then divebombed the kit - while the drummer was still playing. Stuff went everywhere. He and the drummer left, then the bassist came over and knocked over what remained up with his bass.

So, in short, I NEED TO SEE THEM LIVE.

FELIPE NO
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:35 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:35 PM #16 of 233
Put it this way, get the Hullaballo DVD. Soooooooo good. Absolution's good (it's where I learnt to love 'Blackout'), but there's not as much, shall we say, destruction...

Most amazing jew boots

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:41 PM #17 of 233
Yeah, Absolution has less "destruction" in it, save for great songs like "Apocalypse Please" and "Stockholm Syndrome"... I love playing both of those on the piano. I actually self-arranged "SS" for the piano, and the solo is a lot of fun to play on the piano for some reason. I personally like the contrast Absolution had between tracks like those two, and songs like "Sing for Absolution" and "Blackout", both of which are lovely songs, as well as "Falling Away With You", which is simply amazing.

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:51 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:51 PM #18 of 233
I don't like 'Falling Away With You'. I think it's their weakest melodic song (save for 'Unintended'). And by destruction, I meant actual destruction like trashing of stage, not metaphorical destruction.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:56 PM #19 of 233
Looking forward to the new album. I was introduced to Muse with Origin of Symmetry and soon became a major fan of all their works. It'll be interesting to see which approach they take. I think they require some expansion of their style, as they verge upon samey at times, however, particularly with their softer works.

Personally, I found Absolution to be their weakest work to date. I actually consider the second side to Hullabaloo to actually be of better quality. Though there were some great highlights, the second half (apart from "Thoughts of a Dying Atheist" and "Butterflies and Hurricane") was quite dull. Still think Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz is near-enough perfect, though.

Oh, also I must disagree with the Thom Yorke vs. Matthew Bellamy comparison. Thom's voice is much more beautiful and rich, in my opinion, though Bellamy's fits his music perfectly and his falsetto is incredible.

Last edited by Mr. X; Mar 6, 2006 at 02:09 PM.
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:04 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:04 PM #20 of 233
I agree Absolution wasn't their best work but its still still miles ahead of the crap we mostly have to hear through the media. Looking forward to their next album though, can't wait.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:28 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:28 PM #21 of 233
I get fed up of the Radiohead/Muse comparisons. They sound nothing alike (at least not if we're talking about OK Computer/Pablo Honey Radiohead. Not listened to any other albums).

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Porteous
Wear Your Seat Belt

Member 1356

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:55 PM #22 of 233
Originally Posted by Majin yami
I get fed up of the Radiohead/Muse comparisons. They sound nothing alike (at least not if we're talking about OK Computer/Pablo Honey Radiohead. Not listened to any other albums).
Muse sound nothing like Radiohead's other albums either. I think the comparison is mostly focused on The Bends, but even that's going out on a limb. I've always found the comparison quite bizarre.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:21 PM #23 of 233
Originally Posted by Majin yami
I hope it's an improvement on Absolution. Don't get me wrong, Absolution was a good album, just their weakest. Although, if you've been reading the band announcement on the official site then it appears they've got a good batch of magic mushrooms this time around, so hopefully we'll be having some OOS excellence.
I have to agree. it was a great album, but as far as the others go, this one sounded a little more geared for a mainstream audience. not necessarily a bad thing, I mean some of my favourite muse songs are off Absolution, but I think Origin of Symmetry wins it for being a better overall album.

sian is my main source of muse information, and she's sent me a couple live recordings of their new songs; Debase Masons Grog, Timescale Keeper, and DES. I'm not 100% sure that they'll be on the new album, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Debase Masons Grog and Timescale Keeper are pretty ing

I can't wait for the new album. they've got such a wide range of song types and instruments they use in them, so I never get bored of listening to them. always curious to see what they'll do next <3

FELIPE NO
Rin
o/'Totorototoro~o/'

Member 1917

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:55 PM #24 of 233
It feels like forever since Absolution was out... (and if they released something after that then I must of missed it). So I've been wondering what happened with them and if there was going to be another release.... Good news, thanks.
I think I may of first heard them on a compilation 2 CD release called The Album with different artists, including Muse - Plug In Baby. I like all their albums, each has some nice tracks. Personally I like most of their stuff, but of course some seem to drag. But on the whole they're rather interesting.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Rin; Mar 6, 2006 at 04:59 PM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:36 PM #25 of 233
Absolution was vastly different as it was the album that was gonna try and break America, so had to be more radio friendly. They spent all of 2005 touring (they did Live 8 as well). The new album apparently will be finished soonish.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > New Muse album...