Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Stephen King News: "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" Heading to TV.

Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:26 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 01:26 AM #1 of 5
Stephen King News: "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" Heading to TV.

Unfortunately on TNT, but they'll still be downloadable. Here's the following:

Quote:
Turner Network Television (TNT) is putting the summer on ice with its chilling all-star television event NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES: FROM THE STORIES OF STEPHEN KING. This four-week collection of eight mind-bending tales from the master of horror, set to premiere in July. The following is the line-up of eight one-hour stories included in TNT's NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES:

Umney's Last Case
Directed by Rob Bowman (Reign of Fire, Elektra); teleplay by April Smith (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three) After the death of his son, writer Sam Landry (William H. Macy) is so desperate to lead another life, he writes himself into his own book, forcing his long-time character (also played by Macy) to change places with him and live in the modern day. But things get deadly when Landry realizes he is trapped and cannot write himself out of his new reality.

The End of the Whole Mess
Directed by Mikael Salomon (TNT's Salem's Lot); teleplay by Lawrence D. Cohen (Carrie, Stephen King's It) The world had changed. Violence, war and hatred and replaced with kindness, peace and love. But at what price? Renowned filmmaker Howie Fornoy (Ron Livingston), with just one hour to live, recounts the details of his brother's (Henry Thomas) worldwide experiment gone terribly wrong.

Crouch End
Directed by Mark Haber (Border Patrol, Alien Cargo, Daises in December); teleplay by Kim LeMasters (Threshold) A newly wed American couple (Eion Bailey and Claire Forlani) honeymooning in London goes to Crouch End to have dinner with a friend. They soon learn the town is not what it appears to be, and the more they get lost, the more they become trapped in another dimension.

The Fifth Quarter
Directed by Rob Bowman (Reign of Fire, Elektra); teleplay by Alan Sharp (Rob Roy, Reversible Errors) Willie (Jeremy Sisto), a just-released convict, learns from his dying friend of a map in four parts that reveals the location of $1 million from a robbery. Seeking revenge for the death of his friend and the money, as well, Willie hunts down the others who hold the remaining three parts to the map, risking his family and his freedom. Samantha Mathis co-stars.

Autopsy Room Four
Directed by Mikael Salomon (TNT's Salem's Lot); teleplay by April Smith (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three) Businessman Howard Cottrell (Richard Thomas) is on vacation playing one of his many games of golf. Chasing the ball into the undergrowth, he is bitten by a snake and completely paralyzed, showing no signs of life. At the hospital, unable to communicate, he is the key witness to his own autopsy. Greta Scacchi co-stars.

You Know They Got a Hell of a Band
Written and directed by Mike Robe (News at Eleven, Guts and Glory: The Rise and Fall of Oliver North). A wrong turn on a lonely road turns frightening for Clark and Mary Willingham (Steven Weber and Kim Delaney) as they stumble upon a town not on any map - Rock and Roll Heaven, Oregon. There is a free concert every night, but the price of admission is high - once the audience enters, it can never leave.

Battleground
Directed by Brian Henson (Farscape, Muppet Treasure Island); teleplay by Richard Christian Matheson (Mobius, It Waits) John Renshaw (William Hurt), a professional hit man, successfully murders the CEO of a prestigious toy company only to face the biggest fight of his life when a package from the toy company is delivered to his house with surprising, deadly contents.

The Road Virus Heads North
Directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (TNT's Into The West, Invasion, Taken); teleplay by Peter Filardi (Salem's Lot, Flatliners) Richard Kinnell (Tom Berenger) is a famous writer who, at a doctor's visit, learns he may soon have to deal with his own mortality. On the drive back to his home, he buys a mysterious painting. Each time he looks at it, it changes to become more menacing and sinister. He pieces together that the painting is trying to kill him...but not if he can destroy it first. Marsha Mason co-stars.

Five of the adaptations for NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES come from King's 1993 anthology of the same name. The Road Virus Heads North and Autopsy Room Four come from King's 2002 anthology Everything's Eventual, while Battleground comes from 1978's Nightshift.
Looks like some notable talent is behind these stories, and if there's anything I love, it's an adaptation of a King short story. Which are you expecting to be the best? If your favorite being made? What else would you want made?

I for one am giddy to see Crouch End being made. There's something about HP Lovecraft that makes me want to see something of his on screen.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Talbain; Mar 26, 2006 at 08:31 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 09:06 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 08:06 PM #2 of 5
These definitely sound interesting. I'll be watching them, but I want to try and read the stories they're based on first. I've never read any of King's short stories, so it'll all be new to me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 08:20 PM #3 of 5
I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of Nightmares & Dreamscapes, but I have read Everything's Eventual, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the adaptations of "Autopsy Room Four" and "The Road Virus Heads North." The latter was particularly fun to read.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Atomic Duck
Bunny Eat World!

Member 1407

Level 8.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:20 PM #4 of 5
Sounds interesting, although I'm always skeptical of TNT because of it's over-emphasis of the word "drama". I'm honestly, seriously, and truthfully quite surprised they haven't aired a commercial saying "See the drama of Spongebob Squarepants on TNT!" But it's Stephen King, so I may still give it a shot.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:57 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 11:57 AM #5 of 5
They certainly seem to have attracted some decent talent to get involved, though I guess that isn't so surprising. I wonder if it'll make it to UK TV any time in the near future or if it'll have to be something to investigate on DVD.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Stephen King News: "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" Heading to TV.