Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 08:03 PM #76 of 336
Man, I wish things like this never happened in certain shows:

Spoiler:
In this Episode 10, Yuki gets hurled at by some metal shards when trying to save Kyon. Well, after having done that, Yuki's suboordinate explains tht Yuki must have suffered some damage to her system. This insinuating that Yuki may be reduced to fewer exceptional tasks as the advanced lifeform she is. And I was really liking Yuki's whole role in this story as some computer generated lifeform that can do extraordinary things which seem like magic, but aren't. Just mere manipulation of objects, areas, and people.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 08:22 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 08:22 PM #77 of 336
Originally Posted by Mojougwe
Man, I wish things like this never happened in certain shows:

Spoiler:
In this Episode 10, Yuki gets hurled at by some metal shards when trying to save Kyon. Well, after having done that, Yuki's suboordinate explains tht Yuki must have suffered some damage to her system. This insinuating that Yuki may be reduced to fewer exceptional tasks as the advanced lifeform she is. And I was really liking Yuki's whole role in this story as some computer generated lifeform that can do extraordinary things which seem like magic, but aren't. Just mere manipulation of objects, areas, and people.
What do you mean?
Spoiler:
Yuki won that battle easily. She just had to wait until her program had time to get into the space then all she had to do was utter a few words.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:47 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 10:47 AM #78 of 336
Heh, I just saw the first 10 episodes (Which I assume are all that are out right now >_> ), and I love the series now.

Whatever I had said before I mostly retract. I still maintain that having the home movie as the first episode would detract from potential viewers though. Otherwise the show is awesome. I do kinda like how the show is out of order chronolocially, but in order according to Haruhi (I guess?).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 01:03 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 01:03 PM #79 of 336
Yes, the first episode was a turn off but episode 2 more than made up for it. The episode order has worked for the most part. I'm sure that this is being done for a reason which hopefully will be explained in on of these final episodes. Only 4 episodes to go.

FELIPE NO
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 02:41 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 02:41 PM #80 of 336
Yeah, episode 11 has been released. Here. Downloading now. From the blogs I've read this one is suppose to be just as great as episode 10.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ms-07
Carob Nut

Member 1600

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:16 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 11:16 PM #81 of 336
The world needs more Tsuruya-san.

How ya doing, buddy?
Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:25 AM #82 of 336
Originally Posted by Foshi
Yes, the first episode was a turn off but episode 2 more than made up for it. The episode order has worked for the most part. I'm sure that this is being done for a reason which hopefully will be explained in on of these final episodes. Only 4 episodes to go.
really? I laughed SO HARD on the first episode! The kitty sliding thing was priceless and crappy effects XD

Due to the (strange yet) massive fanbase (ugh, i don't get it) I feel they might go on for longer than that (or another season?). I'm just guessing though >__>" Or perhaps it's just the entire obsession of their ending song dance ^_^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:31 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 10:31 PM #83 of 336
Well, the series itself is based off the novels. When the anime series completes its run, it will have just about used up the available source... maybe they'll animate more when more novels get published?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kouri
*sighhh*

Member 2025

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 08:07 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 11:07 PM #84 of 336
Originally Posted by Luckee Cookie
really? I laughed SO HARD on the first episode! The kitty sliding thing was priceless and crappy effects XD

Due to the (strange yet) massive fanbase (ugh, i don't get it) I feel they might go on for longer than that (or another season?). I'm just guessing though >__>" Or perhaps it's just the entire obsession of their ending song dance ^_^
me too hahaha
i was confused at first with the first ep. but then i started laughing throughout the whole thing.

the crappy video camera skills and what kyon says throughout is pretty hilarious.
or for me, i thought it was pretty new.

Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 04:29 PM #85 of 336
Originally Posted by kouri
me too hahaha
i was confused at first with the first ep. but then i started laughing throughout the whole thing.

the crappy video camera skills and what kyon says throughout is pretty hilarious.
or for me, i thought it was pretty new.
apparently the effect of the "crappy home video" has been used before (ie. Azuma Dangaio err i can't spell) in other anime series but the fact it was so crappy that you can see the offstage crew in the actual scenes it's just helarious! ... oh yeah, and the old man readin his lines very slowly made him sound like a pervert

Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 01:53 AM #86 of 336
Ahh, episode 11 is indeed far better than I expected compared to any of the other episodes. Despite the usage of sci-fi content at a larger degree, the characters are making better bonds with each other.

Spoiler:
It seems Kyon has more authoritive control over the members now, next to Haruhi. And he seems more understanding of the members' needs as well which shows a pretty good side of him. And I'm beginning to love and love Yuki's character even more now. Perhaps it's the tip off of her super intelligence. Or it could be the episode introductions where you see some technical gibberish of some Yuki System being activated. OR IT COULD BE THOSE BIG EYES SHE HAS, she's just so cute.

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:03 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 01:03 PM #87 of 336
When I watched the first episode I though that the quality of the fansub sucked and all, until I downloaded another version. When I watched the second episode that I realised it was a camera.

I've had only time to watch the raw of episode 11, but even without understanding most of it, it seemed good.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:23 PM #88 of 336
Episode 11 is a big nod to strategy gamers out there. The only term I could understand was "fog of war", otherwise I would be lost that whole episode.

Spoiler:
You gotta love Yuki and her super-intelligent-alien-psychic actions! Haruhi directly pointed out that she's the silent member of the group, which was the most obvious at the end, when she enjoyed the game, but still never said anything. One of these days, I'm wishing that Yuki would have normal speech tendencies out of nowhere

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:05 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 11:05 PM #89 of 336
For some reason, the music that was playing during the space battles sounds really familiar. Anyone have any idea where that's originally from?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:37 PM #90 of 336
Wow, I love episode 12, freakin' rocked, almost literally lol.

Spoiler:
The performances on stage were quite amazing, the animation was sync'd incredibly well with the music, voices, and sound. The end of the episode was just the cherry on top, showing Suzumiya differently, and a little touch of cuteness when she throws the grass to have it blow back at her. I loved it

EDIT:
Spoiler:
I kinda wished Nagato did a solo at the end though when Suzumiya presented her

EDIT2: Could someone send me the files for the 2 songs played in this episode?

oh my gawddd

Last edited by Greykin; Jun 21, 2006 at 10:06 PM.
Monosodium
"You're falling behind mercenary."

Member 887

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:58 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 10:58 PM #91 of 336
Originally Posted by Greykin
Could someone send me the files for the 2 songs played in this episode?
http://tracker.minglong.org:8080/ind...arch=nipponsei
The tracker should still be at the top of the list.

I get the feeling that this episode was almost expressly designed to sell the CDs, but then again, I didn't mind that much

[Sepp Bonhof - SCHWARZE-4]
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 05:00 AM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 06:00 PM #92 of 336
Since I am fiercely anti-Nipponsei, here is the single in lossless:

http://www.condign.org/media/Suzumiy...rt%20songs.rar

Feel free to ask me if you don't know how to split the file.

ms-07
Carob Nut

Member 1600

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 07:14 AM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 08:14 AM #93 of 336
KyoAni should of animated Beck instead of whoever did it. that concert scene >> everything in the Beck anime.

video of both performances - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFhgI7toJaQ

Last edited by ms-07; Jun 22, 2006 at 07:16 AM.
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2006, 06:47 AM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 01:47 AM #94 of 336
Originally Posted by Nigblah
Feel free to ask me if you don't know how to split the file.
And would one go about doing that?

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jun 23, 2006, 07:41 AM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 08:41 PM #95 of 336
The easy way would be to load the .cue into Foobar, select all 3 tracks, right click and choose "convert to same directory". That'll spit out 3 .wav files, which you can then compress into whatever format you like.

Alternatively, you decompress the .ape file into .wav using either the Monkey's Audio GUI or DBPowerAmp with plugin installed. Then you load up EAC, choose "Tools -> Split WAV by CUE Sheet -> With Gaps", select the .cue, and you get 3 .wav files. Make sure you inspect the .cue beforehand and check whether it is referencing the correct file extension (.wav, not .ape). Edit it as appropriate.

FELIPE NO
ORLY
YA RLY

Member 8978

Level 7.21

Jun 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:04 PM #96 of 336
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle
For some reason, the music that was playing during the space battles sounds really familiar. Anyone have any idea where that's originally from?
The music was originally from the 4th movement of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4 (some of his more famous works include The Nutcracker and Swan Lake). Its somewhat famous so I wouldn't be surprised if you have heard it someplace else.

Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:27 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 08:27 PM #97 of 336
The last episode was released today, and I must say, it was a pretty nice way to end the series. I thought it was gonna be lamer than hell since it's really like the 6th episode or something.

Was pleasently surprised with the whole series, which I barely started last night and had an ultra-marathon watching the whole thing.

How ya doing, buddy?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 10:57 PM #98 of 336
Yeah, it was a very good series. All of the characters were interesting and even though the pacing and timeline were messed up it was still easy to follow and felt complete. I should rewatch it now in the correct order(Haruhi's Order) to see if it has the same impact and cohesion.

This anime wasn't nearly as good as Blood+, Mushishi, Noein, or Ergo Proxy, but still a nice change of pace from the regular shit the anime industry throws our way.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 04:27 PM #99 of 336
Originally Posted by Casaubon
Was pleasently surprised with the whole series, which I barely started last night and had an ultra-marathon watching the whole thing.
Same here >.<... The opening and ending theme wasn't so bad after all . The story was well thought out .. To me it felt a little quentin tarantino-ish cause of the narrating and the way the episodes were set up. I also appreciate the fact that each other main characters explained themselves so that the story leaves no plotholes or character background.

Overall, not bad for a 14 episode series. Definately better than KiminozoEien's 14th episode.

Guess'll watch Honey and Clover 2 ;p

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 08:59 PM #100 of 336
I love this series.

Haruhi is an awesome level of psycho. Mikuru is cute, Yuki is cuter, and gotta love Kyon's witticisms.

Random tidbit: on Gamefaqs Tsuruya's known as LOL-tan.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya