Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Naruto
Closed Thread

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:42 AM #751 of 814
The series started off nicely, but goddamn can they drag shit out. It shouldn't take that long to show that Naruto and Sakura have advanced. Do we really need a thousand and one flashbacks showing how much they sucked when they were children?

Then again, the show's demographic is pretty young, so I guess I'm splitting hairs on a bald head. As for the Akatsuki, Deidara himself never really fights seriously for all two or three fights he's shown. He's interesting because his tactics are pretty thought-out, as opposed to 'my jutsu's bigger than yours,' which Naruto seems to have devolved into.

His partner, Sasori, is much more impressive, but you won't be seeing much of his stuff for at least fifteen-twenty episodes.

We mention all this but we can't forget the action between Kakashi and Naruto vs the fake Itachi along with kisame vs Maito Gai. So I guess we'll be treated to something sweet after that. Like some funny moments with Deidara and Tobi. It's all coming back to me like when naruto faces off Orochimaru with his 4th level kyubit power.

In breaking news that is the Manga:

This week's Chapter

Spoiler:
I dunno anything yet but there's a spoiler pic that reveals Orochimaru to be an actual snake. That's what he is then it goes to a flashback where the 3rd showed Oro their grave O.o;;. Then the rest is Fags-uke vs Oro. It wasn't really shocking but I am interested to see at least one good memory of him before he finally meets his death

FELIPE NO

Last edited by chato; Feb 28, 2007 at 11:45 AM.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 04:43 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 01:43 PM #752 of 814
Found this scan on Narutofan. Camera shot for this week's chapter, and revealing Orochimaru's 'true form.'

Spoiler:

Gross.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:38 PM #753 of 814
Found this scan on Narutofan. Camera shot for this week's chapter, and revealing Orochimaru's 'true form.'

Spoiler:

Gross.
But that's your boy Orochimaru. The mastermind ;p. Also.

Spoiler:
Great job in finding that pic, kurado.
You think Kabuto is with Sasuke as well? I ask this cause he's always been the mysterious type since the early episodes before the chuunin exams.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:56 PM #754 of 814
Who won the quality wars last week between DB and SD-Project? I assumed since it was decided that SD was better that it was a good choice, but the quality on SD from last week looked worse than DB's from the first week.

I hope to hear more of that song that was played during the 2nd episode where Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi are all facing off. It started at about the 41 minute mark in the DB version. It's got a really nice serious tone to it.

Btw, have they said anything about a 4th Naruto OST? I know of a few songs they left out of the previous three.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:36 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 08:36 PM #755 of 814
I know of a few songs they left out of the previous three.
No joke. There's BGM from the first damn season I've yet to find. I remember it mostly from the fight with the mirrors kid that looked like a chick (can't remember his name). It's some kind of solemn music they played during serious parts.

Oh hell, I just went and found it on YouTube to point it out. Episode 17, 5:34 mark:

Always kind of reminded me of Terminator music at the beginning.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:48 PM #756 of 814
This chapter was really worth it. Naruto is actually getting somewhere now.

PS. WTF AM I SAYING. I mean to say "This chapter is GOING TO BE worth it. Naruto is actually getting somewhere now"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Kimchi; Feb 28, 2007 at 09:00 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:10 PM #757 of 814
Who won the quality wars last week between DB and SD-Project? I assumed since it was decided that SD was better that it was a good choice, but the quality on SD from last week looked worse than DB's from the first week.
SD obviously won. Btw, they released version 2 of both the hour special and episode 3. Get'em now.

Quote:
I hope to hear more of that song that was played during the 2nd episode where Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi are all facing off. It started at about the 41 minute mark in the DB version. It's got a really nice serious tone to it.
We'll probably hear it again in the next upcoming episodes with useless scenes that don't belong there. But yeah it does sound nice ;p.

Quote:
Btw, have they said anything about a 4th Naruto OST? I know of a few songs they left out of the previous three.
Some old songs will probably be bundled with the new work sometime in the summer maybe. I hope its earlier than that but I could be right.

@Twilight's Twin : There are a few songs that sound like Terminator

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by chato; Feb 28, 2007 at 09:17 PM.
Kraderif
Carob Nut

Member 18502

Level 3.73

Jan 2007

Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:18 PM #758 of 814
This chapter was really worth it. Naruto is actually getting somewhere now.

PS. WTF AM I SAYING. I mean to say "This chapter is GOING TO BE worth it. Naruto is actually getting somewhere now"

Sorry to disappoint you, but Naruto is as lame and loser as always, he just can't stop suc*ing.
I watch the anime and also read the manga, and I have not seen what the hell has he learned in the past 3 years. He still does the same shit: multiple replicas and his crappy Rasengan ball.
Spoiler:
The only new thing he has done is release the fox demon to the 4-tails level, but I don't think that can be considered as a real improvement.

So really, what is so cool about him??

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 01:23 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 12:23 PM #759 of 814
I can kind of see your point. I really would like to see Naruto do some straight-up fighting (Taijutsu), but that never happens. He throws a few clones around, which almost always throw one punch and get defeated, then finds his opening and gets that big hit off. He basically has no taijutsu skills whatsoever. I guess that's why I've never gotten into this series.

How ya doing, buddy?

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 01:24 PM #760 of 814
Sorry to disappoint you, but Naruto is as lame and loser as always, he just can't stop suc*ing.
I watch the anime and also read the manga, and I have not seen what the hell has he learned in the past 3 years. He still does the same shit: multiple replicas and his crappy Rasengan ball.
Spoiler:
The only new thing he has done is release the fox demon to the 4-tails level, but I don't think that can be considered as a real improvement.

well there's that rumor spreading about him that

Spoiler:
Naruto will be taught be Gai. Teach him how to open his gates and counter sasuke's sharingan or something.

But yeah. there's really nothing else new about naruto other than his clothes and millions of kage bushins.

edit : btw, this week's episode is out.

Last edited by chato; Mar 1, 2007 at 02:24 PM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:48 PM #761 of 814
Twilight Twin - I had completely forgotten about that one. I know of two others I'd like to point out. These really stand out to me.

Naruto 43 Part 2 at the beginning of the video.

Naruto 49 Part 3 at the 1:23 and ends at 4:22.

There's also the slowed down piano version of Sadness and Sorrow. Hopefully we'll get these.

Meanwhile, I'm anxiously awaiting a subtitled Naruto Shippuuden episode 4.

Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:54 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 09:54 PM #762 of 814
Ugh. 4 episodes in and this shit is DRAGGING. (it's out at dattebayo, by the way) It really feels like they are trying to stretch the material out to its limits. I hope it picks up.

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:13 AM #763 of 814
Spoiler:

Well, I think he was talking about Naruto the series instead of the character. I don't believe most of the Naruto fans like Naruto for Naruto character, but more like the variety of other characters that populate the series.

Kraderif
Carob Nut

Member 18502

Level 3.73

Jan 2007

Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:20 PM #764 of 814
Well, I think he was talking about Naruto the series instead of the character. I don't believe most of the Naruto fans like Naruto for Naruto character, but more like the variety of other characters that populate the series.
Yep, I was talking about Naruto the character. And I understand (I also think the same) that the cool think about Naruto the series is not Naruto the character, but all the stuff involved.
But come on, it's not coincidence that the series is named as the main character, so the main character must stand out at some point and sustain it, something that most fans (and not-so-fans) have been waiting for since long ago.

well there's that rumor spreading about him that

Spoiler:
Naruto will be taught be Gai. Teach him how to open his gates and counter sasuke's sharingan or something.

But yeah. there's really nothing else new about naruto other than his clothes and millions of kage bushins.

edit : btw, this week's episode is out.

Man, I would really like to see Naruto having some real fighting skills and not just his reckless random punching. Where does that rumor come from?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Kraderif; Mar 2, 2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:30 PM #765 of 814
CH344
Spoiler:
Ok, I'm changing my guess from before. I'm guessing Orochimaru will die. They gotta focus on Akatsuki now. There's still 7 more of them to go.

Episode 4....... wow..... talk about dragging an episode.....

Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 08:11 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 12:11 AM #766 of 814
Episode 4
Spoiler:
Seems to be sticking to the 1 chapter/episode format. Sakura/Naruto vs Kakashi felt much too dragged out, but I'd expect Deidara vs Gaara to finish by the next episode. I suspect they'll have done something for upcoming the Sasori vs Kankourou fight, too.

Ch 344
Spoiler:
A little freaky, but hopefully we'll see some more about Orochimaru's past in the coming chapter(s). As one of the principle baddies for so long, I've always felt he was a little underdeveloped in the character stakes.

How ya doing, buddy?
tidus1222
Carob Nut

Member 5215

Level 4.03

Apr 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:18 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 10:18 PM #767 of 814
a great story but...

The story of Naruto is interesting even for those adult waht it likes the anime
but in my opinion the series has taken to much time, its getting bored. maybe if the history happen faster it would be very great.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:47 AM #768 of 814
At first the switching back and forth between Kakashi vs. Sakura+Naruto, and Deidara vs. Gaara was sort of suspenseful in Ep. 4, but they really drew it out more than necessary. Of course it's fun to see Sakura's Tsunade-strength and Kakashi's supersonic hand seals, but watching Deidara dodge sand in 5 minute bursts throughout the episodes leaves something to be desired.

Klaus
Please... don't touch me.

Member 2469

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:28 PM #769 of 814
Sorry if this has been asked already but I haven't watched any of the new Naruto stuff yet nor have I read this entire thread. But has Naruto learned any other techniques?

I mean how can he hope to be Hokage if he can only do 3 or 4 techniques. Is his rasengan that strong that he no longer needs to worry?

"So shut your cow-mouth or I'll remove your face by hand before I stop your whore's heart!"
~Victor von Doom
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:56 PM #770 of 814
Sorry if this has been asked already but I haven't watched any of the new Naruto stuff yet nor have I read this entire thread. But has Naruto learned any other techniques?

I mean how can he hope to be Hokage if he can only do 3 or 4 techniques. Is his rasengan that strong that he no longer needs to worry?
Read last page.

Spoiler:
Naruto has learned another powerful version of his rasengan. It's nothing much but it sure as hell killed an important enemy =].

I really hope he gets taught more interesting moves like Taijutsu from Gai.

Klaus
Please... don't touch me.

Member 2469

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:17 PM #771 of 814
So in other words no he hasn't. I shouldn't judge though, I wasted the last few years myself.

"So shut your cow-mouth or I'll remove your face by hand before I stop your whore's heart!"
~Victor von Doom
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:14 AM #772 of 814
So in other words no he hasn't. I shouldn't judge though, I wasted the last few years myself.
...If you were too much on fillers and Naruto.

Alas, Big News.

Chapters 345

Spoiler:

Also, there was a flashback where Orochimaru fought against Itachi. Oro lost, now it goes to this part. Oro and Sasuke are caught with the snake and no one knows who won. Scene changes to where Kabuto see Oro slashed away and asks him "Who the hell are you?" and he doesn't respond.

Now that's a good chapter.

EDIT : Now that I've seen a full chapter. My guesses are :

Spoiler:

1. Orochimaru got him.
2. Sasuke Killed him
3. Orochimaru got him but not all the way therefore they both share the body but Oro doesn't completely.

I really liked when they showed Itachi put Oro in his place. Itachi sure doesn't bs and he even tore his arm off ( dunno how) But now if my 3rd guess is actually true (no), I'd say they go after Akatsuki then attack/fail in Konoha. This is pretty much getting to me but I really hope he killed Oro cause my other theory was that the summon Snake betrayed Oro and teamed up with Sasuke.

March 15

chapter 346

Spoiler:
So now we have Kabuto asking Sasuke if he's Orochimaru. Sasuke says "You get the idea" while he shows him this weird sharingan. Still , that isn't proof enough that its really Sasuke and then he goes off opening a capsule that had someone in there. So we're given a new character called Suigetsu.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5209/01mx1.png

Now this gives us another assumption. Suigetsu was in on it but he doesn't know who won the fight either. If Sasuke won, awesome cause Orochimaru should've died long ago. It was almost as if he didn't have much to do. But hey, many think that it was just a low blow. Imagine if Oro wasn't cursed at all. He'd beat the shit out Sasuke, yes?

And so. Sasuke will form his new group. Could be a counterattack to Akatsuki and/or Konoha. We shall see.

I still think Orochimaru had something up his sleeve. I mean it only makes sense that he shouldn't have screwed up the second time. Plus, that little memory he had with the Third had me thinking . He was holding that little snake. You think he probably did a body transfer at the last min? Physically Oro is done. Mentally I'm not sure.

Also if anyone cares, Toonami is almost heading to episode 80. The introduction of Akatsuki! And they are also showing the REAL 4th opening. Textless but whatever. I think from there, they won't pull anything stupid like mixing clips and whatever.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by chato; Mar 15, 2007 at 05:43 AM. Reason: chapter 346 spoiler
david0925
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 19245

Level 1.34

Feb 2007

Old Mar 15, 2007, 05:57 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 04:57 PM #773 of 814
for those that liked the Shippuden Ending (Nagareboshi ~Shooting Star), the CD is out and there is already MV posted on youtube. (Not exactly latest news, but just for sharing =P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-DDw8niDOQ

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 06:35 PM #774 of 814
And here I thought you had the MV for the Opening. ^^;.

SD released episode 5. After their version. Quality is still amazing and Im sticking with them from now on. I was actually content with this episode and where it's going (obviously). I only wished it were more improved and widescreen. They could've done all that and not spend time making shitty filler episodes.

Next week will be a 1 hour special. Im still hyped up for the Sasori fight at least. We also have the Fake Itachi and Kisame versus Kakashi and Gai.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:56 PM #775 of 814
SPOILER TAGS CHATO!!!!

Again with dragging the episode. I bet the hour "special" is going to be dragged also. It's really killing the battle scenes so the tv series is going down for me. The manga on the other hand, I think it is coming out well.

CH346
Spoiler:
Now we know who wins but maybe Orochimaru is still alive in Sasuke but doesn't have control.
New character 'suigetsu'... I'm guessing the others will be 'kagetsu', 'dogetsu', 'fuugetsu'. That would be corny. It's just copying Kakuzu.

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Naruto