Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Pre-E3 Wii thread
Closed Thread

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 03:13 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 06:43 PM #51 of 131
Originally Posted by J-Mann
I dont want to have to buy a DS and hook it up to my Wii just to beat a game a already paid $50 for.

Fucking Crystal Chronicles.
I think Nintendo have learnt from that mistake.

Though what's wrong with other add-ons? The bongoes, mic, etc. when they cost nothing, they came free and without them you wouldn't be able to play certain genres, for instance many music games focus on add-ons. Is the music genre a gimmick?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 03:23 AM #52 of 131
Wasn't Donkey Kong Jungle Beat $60 when it first came out?

That would be the bongos you just spent the extra $10 on.

Despite what I said, though, I can think of at least 2 add-ons for the remote that would be pretty cool. Unnecessary, but cool.

1. A gun part that you can attach the remote too, for shooting games. The remote would basically sit on the top of the attachment, acting as the chamber. The only question is how to get the trigger to work.

2. A small speaker-like device you can attach to create Lightsaber FX. Every time you swing the remote, you get the usual Lightsaber noise, same if you strike something with it. Similar speaker devices with different sound effects would be kind of neat too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Old May 7, 2006, 03:46 AM #53 of 131
Shut up about the gimmicks, SOLDIER. I paid $70 for Guitar Hero. I don't go calling that a gimmick because it came with an add-on and costed more than the usual $50 fare.

Also, I don't think anyone should have a problem with connectivity this time around. Most people who are interested are also people who own a DS or are interested in getting a DS and let's face it it's the handheld gaming device to own. Since it is wireless you don't have to go buy a cable to connect it to the Wii which was a big factor of why people disliked GBA-GCN connectivity. I hope Nintendo does some very interesting things with the DS and the Wii talking to each other.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:10 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:10 PM #54 of 131
Quote:
Wasn't Donkey Kong Jungle Beat $60 when it first came out?

That would be the bongos you just spent the extra $10 on.
No.

It was $50.

In fact, the bongo-less version was $40, so it actually LOWERED the price of the game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:21 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:21 PM #55 of 131
Originally Posted by J-Man
Quoted for the truth!

I dont want to have to buy a DS and hook it up to my Wii just to beat a game a already paid $50 for.

Fucking Crystal Chronicles.
Did you just admit to not being able to finish the game without three other people helping?

FELIPE NO
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:23 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 12:23 PM #56 of 131
Originally Posted by Grubdog
In fact, the bongo-less version was $40
So the bongos were not free after all.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old May 7, 2006, 05:27 AM #57 of 131
Hay guyz this be Nintendo Wii thread heyr. Wots goin on?

Seriously, what the fuck is with you guys and getting in a hissy fit over Donkey Kong Jungle Beat IN EVERY GOD DAMN THREAD?!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:33 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:33 PM #58 of 131
Get back on topic Acer! The Wii is based on a gimmick, we're allowed to talk abuot gimmicks.
Quote:
So the bongos were not free after all.
Well if you bought the Bongo-less version you'd already have the bongos that came free with Donkey Konga.

Here's a pic that might be related to Wii

Most amazing jew boots
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:40 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:40 PM #59 of 131
Everyone is still very angry that Donkey Kong Jungle Beat didn't have an intense storyline, it just had gameplay. "WHERE IS MY ANGSTY STORYLINE AND J-POP?", everyone cries. And shake their fists towards Nintendo Japan. "HOW DARE YOU MAKE A FUN GAME THAT PROMOTES BEING PHYSICALLY ACTIVE AS I PLAY. I cannot eat chips as I play this game, worst game ever made. Bring on the true sequel to Donkey Kong 64!"

Those wounds will never heal!

Originally Posted by Grubdog
Here's a pic that might be related to Wii
I bet they do contain Wii demo stations. But one of those crates also contains Reggie. WHICH ONE? Will anyone want to risk their life to find out? WHAT IF THEY CHOOSE THE REGGIE ONE. REGGIE GUARDS THEM. There will be certain doom.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; May 7, 2006 at 05:45 AM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:55 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 01:55 PM #60 of 131
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
I bet they do contain Wii demo stations. But one of those crates also contains Reggie. WHICH ONE? Will anyone want to risk their life to find out? WHAT IF THEY CHOOSE THE REGGIE ONE. REGGIE GUARDS THEM. There will be certain doom.
Ahahahaha laughing so hard at the thought of Reggie in one of the crates

He's in the horizontal one of course, he's shorter than most people realize.

Most amazing jew boots

deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 08:27 AM #61 of 131
I only have one question, and it regards the Wii, Nintendo in general, and then not only Nintendo

What the hell is wrong with a gimmick? I can think of nothing

Returned
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 08:41 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 12:11 AM #62 of 131
Nothing is wrong with gimmicks as long as they are not relied apon, for instance your aren't going to base a console around a microphone attachment. The Wii controller is different, it's gimmicky, but it's a gimmick with depth.

Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 09:09 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 01:09 AM #63 of 131
Nintendo has an Impossible Mission to accomplish to sucessfully market the Wii name.

my friend did this in Fireworks after seeing the movie XD

FELIPE NO
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Last edited by Tama8-chan; May 7, 2006 at 09:12 AM.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 01:15 AM #64 of 131
Now, if only the movie had a scene where Tom Cruise uses the Wii controller to blow up Iraq, it'll sell like hotcakes (presuming people overlook the fact that Tom Cruise is the one doing it).

RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 10:44 AM #65 of 131
i usually associate "gimmick" with things like the 64DD or the gamecube's microphone or the NES's lightgun - only used in a couple of games, and wasn't integral to the system.

gamecube's "gimmick" is quite integral to the system- without it, the system is just a souped-up gamecube. even if we're thinking of it as a gimmick now, we probably won't in the near future.

i'm still reserving judgement on the system until i try it out. i might hate it; i might love it- i have no way of knowing (though i have a feeling that, while it will feel odd to use, it'll grow on me, and the fact that nintendo makes the games they make won't hurt my disposition either).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 11:48 AM #66 of 131
Quote:
REGGIE will BURST out of the crate on stage to start the E3 press conference. He'll then turn around and kick what's left of the crate into the crowd, hopefully hitting the IGN section. They won't be hard to find because they're the ones who screamed when Reggie jumped from the crate.

Anything after that is trivial, hopefully they show some game footage.

How ya doing, buddy?
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 12:12 PM #67 of 131
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
Did you just admit to not being able to finish the game without three other people helping?

I cannot properly retort without sounding like an asshat, but I assure you that that crock of shit game barely needed one person to beat it.

Soooooooo broken.

Most amazing jew boots
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 01:26 PM #68 of 131
The secret is a pair of glasses that you wear. It helps you see the image on the screen as if you are right in front of it - no matter which angle you are looking at the screen. It also provides stereo-vision. But it's not required.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 11:33 AM #69 of 131
Lightbulb Nintendo Wii = nintendo revival?

It's just my guess, but don't you think Nintendo Wii could become the moment of Nintendo's revival? Since ps3 is hell more expensive than any other consoles, I think nintendo has the chance to dominate once more. Even though the processor is below ps3 and xbox, we could expect a lot of unique gameplay.

discuss

(if the similar thread has been made, feel free to merge or lock this up)

You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:45 PM #70 of 131
I just merged this with the existing thread.

Old May 8, 2006, 06:46 AM #71 of 131
I'd have just locked it but whatever. If you guys feel like discussing that in here then fine.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Protom@nNeo
Carob Nut

Member 4823

Level 6.27

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 07:21 AM #72 of 131
Could Nintendo dominate once more? It's possible but there are too many variables/obstacles. The largest being the games. Will Marwiio and the other launch titles truly offer something new, like Mario 64 did when it launched? Also Nintendo claims that they've an impressive amount of games for launch, but we all know how they love to delay games. After all Metroid Prime was huge for the gamecube, and had it been released as a launch title like it was supposed along with the mediocre Mario Sunshine I think the previous race would have played out a little differently. In short if the they don't bunggle the launch they have a fighting chance.

Old May 8, 2006, 07:43 AM #73 of 131
Metroid Prime would have completely sucked if it had been released at launch by horrible up-start Retro Studios. Apparantly you know very little of that company's early history. Nintendo had to bitch slap them several times before Metroid Prime became even remotely similar to what it is today.

Again a lot of games that came out later in the cube's life would have been great to have in the launch year but time just doesn't work that way, buddy. What happened, happened.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:29 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 02:29 AM #74 of 131
Originally Posted by eriol
It's just my guess, but don't you think Nintendo Wii could become the moment of Nintendo's revival? Since ps3 is hell more expensive than any other consoles, I think nintendo has the chance to dominate once more. Even though the processor is below ps3 and xbox, we could expect a lot of unique gameplay.
As long as they play their cards right, then Nintendo should at least be able to sweep back to second place. Goodon!

What to I mean by the right cards? AAA First-Party games. AAA third party support. Tap into the non-gamer market. Appeal to hardcore fans by making games that really exemplify the meaning, "Revolution". DS-Wii compatibility to be more versitile than the GBA-GCN connection. Simple but deep online capabilities. Cheap. CLEVER MARKETING (actually, make that MORE marketing). More new IP. More balanced range in general and mature games. Taking old franchises and smacking them into the "new generation" (as the 64 did for Mario and Zelda).

If they're doing what they're doing for the DS, then no doubt Nintendo can pick themselves up again.

EDIT: Oh, and more exclusives. Pay your way through this generation, Nintendo!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:15 AM #75 of 131
I don't think Nintendo is capable of coming out on top unless they tap into the ferocious retards that are the "gamers who play games like Madden to help sustain their jock image." If they truly want to take over this generation, they need some really hot sports titles. Games like Madden have done all but rule the gaming scene lately. It's time for something fresh, damn it. Some people who play games play nothing but sports games. It's sad, but true. This market is ripe for a revolution.

Why buy Madden 07 for PS3 when it's nothing more than a graphic/roster update? Wii Madden will introduce totally new gameplay mechanics that is sure to impress some of these meatheads.

It will be probably impossible to sway the morons who think that "Nintendo is kiddie" and "Wii doesn't have alot of buttons therefore TEH SUCK!" In otherwords, the closed-minded. People who don't WANT to find something to like about the Wii, people who don't want to explode beyond what Sony or Microsoft have to offer. Why? They simply don't care enough to.

Nintendo needs to tap into everyone else. If they can sway the majority of gamers, they may come out on top like they did in the glory days.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Pre-E3 Wii thread