Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your say on the potential thread – “The Toy Chest” – Pilot thread on GFF.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:27 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 02:27 PM #1 of 7
Your say on the potential thread – “The Toy Chest” – Pilot thread on GFF.

I’ve been wondering this for sometime if I should start a toy thread in the general discussion forums. Normally I would just go ahead and start up a new thread without much hesitation, however, this time I would like your input as well as a yea/ney if I should start this thread.

In a nutshell, I’m a hobbyist toy collector (with a relatively small number of toys) that I enjoy showcasing as well as displaying. Initally, I thought that I should just seclude this to the choco-journal. However I find that it’s difficult to keep track and constantly referencing and updating my unwieldy journal, and find that a thread generally is easier to keep things in one nice spot so others can feel free to talk and discuss, as well as post pictures, of their toy collection. This way, it will seem more GFF community orientated and people won’t feel biased or too conscientious about their toys. Furthermore, moderators will have more control in keeping the discussion focused and not spammy, as in journals.

What constitutes a toy? While the definition of a toy is generally considered a children’s plaything, which it is, I find that the term toy has been dumbed down by most teens and adults as a “baby rattler” or those cheap tan and green army men made in China and basically something solely for children to play with- something teens and adults should have no affiliation with. These days, I’ve kept an eye out for very nice collectable toy items such as military 1/6 figures, die cast model cars, metallic fighter jets, and the like. I think those are worthy of mention and generally discussion can be focused around them. I don’t really intend to discuss about Kinder Surprise toys, despite their popularity with children, but for now, I will allow it –to get a feel of where GFF’s mentality sits with the whole issue of “toys”. For all I know, perhaps many GFF members do have a nice collection of toys but are afraid of the social stigma attached with toys = baby.

At this moment, I think the range of discussion on toys can be wide spread for now, to see where GFF’s general stance is with “toys” in general. For example, members can post their toy collection or perhaps a single toy and talk what it is, where they got it, and what fond memories they have of it. Furthermore, they can post reviews of more expensive toys or toy lines. Personally I would love to showcase my Star Wars Action Fleet toys as well as the 1/6 scales, character figures, as well as a few Japanese toys.

This potential thread will NOT be a toy trading thread. That means you don’t post toys for sale nor for trade, since that would constitute an advertising thread.

Lastly, too keep spam and undesirable posts to a minimum, if not eliminate them completely, I will make the opening post explicit in what is expected in each post, what constitutes spam (which will be more refined as more members post in it to get a feel of what is acceptable), and the most important, I understand that members of GFF have a different view on toys as well. That given, posts that express the opinion of “toys are for babies/ why are you wasting your money on them while you get a next gen console / you have toys so you’re immature” will not be tolerated at all. Like in the sandbox, if you can’t play nice, don’t play at all.

So, GFF, what do you say?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

- What we all do best -
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 06:11 PM #2 of 7
I just know somebody would make a sewers version.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:08 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 10:08 PM #3 of 7
You know, I was almost thinking about that whenever I used the quotation marks around "toys", just like that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:58 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 02:58 AM #4 of 7
I shudder to think that this place has become so touchy that it has to be okayed for someone to start a worthwhile thread just because it might not generate a lot of interest. Spat, it would of taken as much effort to make a great opening post on the subject for real as you've expended here, peeking your head out for affirming head nods. Just make the thread if you want to.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:29 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 07:29 AM #5 of 7
Alrighty then. I guess I have one okay, and one okay is enough (from a mod too!).

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:45 PM #6 of 7
Have you started the thread yet? I did a quick look in General Discussion and didn't find anything.

So this thread would be a place to discuss pretty much any kind of toy or just things we collect? I think I got what you were trying to say but I'm still kind of unsure as to exactly what you want this thread to be about. Like, could I post how I remember an old toy that I no longer own and ask if anyone else remembers it? XD The only toys I really collect nowadays are Sailor Moon things and I'm pretty sure nobody else on the forum really cares about that.

Anyway, I think it's all cool.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 11:25 PM #7 of 7
No I haven't started the thread yet. There's other things to do, like Playstation, for example.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Your say on the potential thread – “The Toy Chest” – Pilot thread on GFF.