Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

How To Combine .avi Files With Seperate Sub File (.srt)

Kwan
Wark!

Member 1166

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:38 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:08 AM #1 of 7
How To Combine .avi Files With Seperate Sub File (.srt)

Hey,

I'm pretty stuck with this problem. I Downloaded The Final Fantasy VII: Avent Child Movie. It Contains a .avi file 699MB and a subtittle file (.srt). My friend wanted a copy of this movie but a dvd version of it. The trouble is, I can't convert the movie and the subtittles together and burn it on a dvd.

I've tried a couple of ways, I tried using:

This Tutorial - When I was in the middle of this step
Quote:
And last save as a new AVI, File->Save AVI. (If you want to convert directly to a VCD, SVCD or DVD MPEG2 frameserve to an mpeg encoder, read this guide.)
It stopped converting because my hard drive was full. I checked the file and it was 10 gig and only went for 12 minutes, no where near the whole movie.

Another Tutorial - When I got to the
Quote:
Next: Convert AVI to MPEG-2 >>
page. Roughly the 4th page in.Near the end, when you have to make sure that the dropdown just above the blue bar says DVD-R 4.7GB (UDF). I couldn't get it lower then 5 gig, therefore it wouldnt let me go any further in converting.

ConvertXToDVD - It burnt the movie but the sub tittles werent their.

Avi2Dvd - There is no audiostream to choose from with my Avent Child Movie according to Avi2Dvd when I load the movie. So I couldnt convert it with that either.

I've tried many things and I'm stuck. I want to combine the Subtittle file with the .avi file, So I can use WinAvi converter but Ill be happy anyway to get Avent Child With Subtittles burnt on dvd. If anyone can help me out in any way, It'll be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
~Kwan

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Kwan; Mar 3, 2006 at 09:45 AM.
GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:37 AM #2 of 7
Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but this is what I did...just make sure your .srt file is in the same directory as your .avi file and has the exact name. If you have vobsub installed, just convert to mpg2 with winavi converter and the subs will be embedded on the file. Then I used Nero 7 to burn to dvd. Hope this helps.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Death To You!!!
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:07 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:07 PM #3 of 7
You can use BSplayer and load up the .srt file manually during movie playback. That should do the trick.

http://www.bsplayer.org/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:33 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:33 PM #4 of 7
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
You can use BSplayer and load up the .srt file manually during movie playback. That should do the trick.

http://www.bsplayer.org/
Will bsplayer let you burn the movie to a disc like winamp?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Rayne; Mar 3, 2006 at 05:44 PM.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:44 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:44 PM #5 of 7
Here is a little guide on how to add subtitles...

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/153058.php

After that you should be alright.

I was speaking idiomatically.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:51 AM #6 of 7
Your SVCD and DVD supports subtitles(meaning turn them off and on), but most programs(to burn/compile the CD/DVD) to make them do not support the srt format, you can change to format of them with a guide, let me find it, there might be one on videohelp.com,

How ya doing, buddy?
Kwan
Wark!

Member 1166

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:55 AM #7 of 7
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
Here is a little guide on how to add subtitles...

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/153058.php

After that you should be alright.
Hey man, Worked like a charm. Thanks, I owe ya one. I think it was the part near the end "In TMPGEnc first close the wizard, choose file->new project, open the video, choose File->Output to file->AVI File. Select a video compression like DivX or XviD and choose an audio compression like MP3 and hit save."

In the other tutorials, it didnt mention to select a video comperssion like DivX or Xvid and choose an audio compression like MP3 and hit save. So usualy I left it blank. Now, my movie is 600 MB, instead of the 20 gig I was getting before.

but most programs(to burn/compile the CD/DVD) to make them do not support the srt format. That's probably another reason why I had abit of trouble aswel. Thanks for the heads up aku.

Thanks for all ya help,
~Kwan

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > How To Combine .avi Files With Seperate Sub File (.srt)