Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Nintendo DS wifi trauma

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:55 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2011, 10:55 PM #1 of 4
Nintendo DS wifi trauma

In an attempt to use my DS online at home I bought a cheap, nasty USB wireless adaptor to create an ad-hoc network and share my laptop's internet connection. My DS is an old school 1st gen one and official Nintendo USB adaptors are well rare and pretty expensive these days.

Anyway, after hours of downloading and googling, I got the thing installed although getting the software for it, ZDWLan Utilities, to work on either Windows XP or Windows 7. It does work though on the Windows 7 computer and I've connected through it and on to the internet just fine using my phone.

I'm fucked if I can get the DS to work on it though.

The best I can get is it being detected but then giving error 51301 which more googling tells me is to do with WEP settings but I'm getting the error even with the network set to un-secured. I think maybe if I manually enter the IP address and so forth it might work but although I can find the IP address and Subnet number for the wireless adaptor, I'm buggered if I can find the DNS settings anywhere.

Any help at all would be gratefully accepted, otherwise I'm just going to have to buy one of the expensive, official ones.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:07 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2011, 07:07 AM #2 of 4
On your computer, go into your command prompt (type command in the search bar in windows 7, or go to start -> run and type cmd in windows xp) and do an ipconfig /all to find out dns info. OR, use a free dns server service. This is if you want to try dns manually.

Outside of that, you're doing quite The Thing just to get a DS online. Why don't you have a wireless router like every other normal individual? :P

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:40 AM #3 of 4
Problem with the old ds and getting online is you are stuck using WEP which is highly insecure and hella old. So make your entire wireless network insecure because of some old ass ds games because Nintendo decided to be retarded by not including wireless in the system software or saying fuck it, hmmmmm? I know what my choice is.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:13 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2011, 01:13 AM #4 of 4
Quite, we do have a wireless network but not using WEP encryption. I found out that the football club I do the bookkeeping at has a nice, unsecured wireless network I can jump on to do some Pokemon trades when I visit there and I picked up an unsecured network on my phone when I walked down our road the other day so once I work out which house to stand near I can use their's on sunny days.

I'm not overly bothered about getting it to work, I just figured I'd give it a go, not realising how ridiculously complicated it is.

At some point I'll buy a more up to date DS.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Nintendo DS wifi trauma