Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

BSOD problem

Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2011, 07:00 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2011, 05:00 PM #1 of 2
BSOD problem

Yesterday (Thursday), at around 2pm, I opened up the lid of my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4037, here is a brief overview of the specs: AMD Phenom II Triple-Core P820(1.8GHz), 4GB Memory, 500GB HDD 5400rpm, ATI Radeon HD 4250, Windows 7 home premium 64 bit), and it awoke from sleep mode, but it went straight to the BSOD. Whenever I’m not using it, I put it in sleep mode, if that matters. I pressed the power button to turn it off and then pressed the power button again to turn it back on and everything was totally fine, and I haven’t gotten the BSOD since then, every time I wake it up from sleep (it hasn’t happened again as of Friday, 6pm). If it’s important, I got the laptop on 3/15/11, so it’s pretty new.

Another problem I am having with the laptop is that sometimes, when I put it into sleep mode (either by selecting sleep from the shutdown menu in the task bar or by closing the lid), the computer wakes back up right away, or the screen turns off, but the computer stays on, and I have to try to set it to sleep mode again (either by selecting it in windows 7 or by closing the lid) one or two more times to finally get it to sleep. I have it set to automatically go to sleep in 30 minutes, and one time, right when it went to sleep after 30 minutes, it woke back up right away. These sleep problems don’t happen all the time, though. I have it on the “balanced” power plan. For the multimedia settings for advanced power settings, I selected “allow the computer to sleep” on the “when sharing media” option in “multimedia settings”. This hasn’t fixed the problem, though.

Here is the message I got when I logged into Windows after the BSOD:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: ce
BCP1: FFFFF88002659D8C
BCP2: 0000000000000008
BCP3: FFFFF88002659D8C
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\033111-27253-01.dmp
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-73133-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

---

What exactly happened? Is this an indicator that there is a problem going on or was this just a one-time thing (in other words, should I be concerned)? What can I do to prevent it from happening again?

Also, what can I do to prevent the laptop from waking up from sleep automatically or not going to sleep right away when I close the lid or select sleep from the shut down menu?

Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:57 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2011, 06:57 AM #2 of 2
Re: BSOD

If it only happens once, don't fret it. Something did something to piss Windows off briefly. The only time that this needs full attention is if you get repeated BSODs, because that means there's a major issue going on.

Re: Sleep mode

Generally sleep mode problems occur from 3rd party software (assuming your power options are set correctly, that is). Look at what you have running and close down un-needed items. See if you can narrow down the culprit that way.

Most amazing jew boots
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > BSOD problem