Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Need help with my volume and playing music through Ventrilo

Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 06:32 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 04:32 PM #1 of 2
Need help with my volume and playing music through Ventrilo

Hey gang,

So I was bored today on Ventrilo and no one was talking, so I decided to play a little music through my computer. Normally, I would chat using the microphone, but someone said I could change my recording properties to Wave Out, and that would play all the sound that I hear coming out of my speakers. So, what I did was put the recording control on Wave Out and them I played my Winamp.

Well, from what I was told the music came through blaring through their speakers and their headsets. I have to turn my volume slider for the Wave Out all the way to the bottom, next to the very bottom which is muted. And even then, when the slider is .001 spaces next to muted, they say the music is still coming in pretty loud over their headsets and speakers.

Do you guys know any way that I can make my sound lower so that I can play music through Vent and still allow for people to talk and hear each other, kind of like elevator music volume. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are some screenshots of what I'm working with currently.

On a side note if I turn down the Wave in the Volume Control, that also makes the sound of the people on Vent go down, so I can't hear what they're saying, so even though I hear the music go down in volume, the Ventrilo sounds also go down in volume. Blarg.

I was thinking about turning down my outbound into the negatives, but I don't want to try it, or I might annoy more people. Also, another reason I don't want to lower my outbound is that when I do want to switch back to my mic and talk to people, I don't want it to be all low and they can't hear me. Help please.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
NudeNinja
Carob Nut

Member 2379

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:29 PM #2 of 2
It's a really bad idea to play music over ventrillo.. The system works fine with burst communication like speech, but generally people don't want to hear horribly low bitrate music coming across the line.

If you do insist on sending the audio then I think that you can decrease 'Line Volume' to cut down your outgoing db across the board.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Need help with my volume and playing music through Ventrilo