Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:44 AM #701 of 800
Or it could be a sneak peek at the Remake.

well it COULD

I won't hide the fact that I'm very curious how they're going to do a "realistic" figure of Tifa in her original outfit. Hopefully it won't be a step backwards after her AC look.

Also, very glad Yuffie and Kadaj are finally getting their due.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 06:16 PM #702 of 800
Or it could be a sneak peek at the Remake.

well it COULD

I won't hide the fact that I'm very curious how they're going to do a "realistic" figure of Tifa in her original outfit. Hopefully it won't be a step backwards after her AC look.

Also, very glad Yuffie and Kadaj are finally getting their due.
Well it's basically going to be AC Tifa only in FFVII garb so it won't be too drastic a change.

Some more announcements from ToyFair including a second series of the Master Creatures line:

Series 2 includes:
  • Odin
  • Yojimbo
  • Diablos
  • Mateus The Corrupt
  • Knights Of The Round

Yep, we're finally getting a collectible figurine of the Knights Of The Round!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 06:42 PM #703 of 800
I've seen the Monster figurines in a local store the other day. They're much smaller than I imagined, but have quite a bit of detail (the Kefka one is just freaky looking). The $20 price was a bit steep, though. $5 or $10 cheaper and I would've bought one.

Quote:
Well it's basically going to be AC Tifa only in FFVII garb so it won't be too drastic a change.
That image right there is hard to picture. I think it would be great if they took the old outfits but made some updates to them, like how Cloud looked in the PS3 demo. And while I've stayed away from "boring" figures like Rinoa and Yuna, which have no real poseable joints, I might purchase the Aerith if it looks as good as her demo counterpart.

Weren't the FFXII figures supposed to be out this month?

FELIPE NO
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 07:01 PM #704 of 800
I've seen the Monster figurines in a local store the other day. They're much smaller than I imagined, but have quite a bit of detail (the Kefka one is just freaky looking). The $20 price was a bit steep, though. $5 or $10 cheaper and I would've bought one.
Yeah for the price and size of them they're just not worth it. $14 maybe but not $20+. That KOTOR one though is might tempting...

Quote:
That image right there is hard to picture. I think it would be great if they took the old outfits but made some updates to them, like how Cloud looked in the PS3 demo. And while I've stayed away from "boring" figures like Rinoa and Yuna, which have no real poseable joints, I might purchase the Aerith if it looks as good as her demo counterpart.
Well, it shouldn't be. I mean you see her in that costume briefly during AC's prologue.

Quote:
Weren't the FFXII figures supposed to be out this month?
March. They're on display at ToyFair in a variety of poses and still look the best Koto have produced.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:22 PM #705 of 800
well I suppose tifa will look probably like this:

we can't see much but it's from the movie...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:44 AM #706 of 800
Exactly. It's hard to picture it from that one shot (it even looks like a lower quality CG model, same for everyone else), so I hope they do a good job with it. If so, then I'd want them to make figures for everyone else in their old duds, although they still need to release the rest of their AC counterparts. Not that Red, Cait or Vincent need two kinds of figures.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:07 AM #707 of 800
You know, I wonder if people who have never played FFVII, would pick this up--since it looks so good. (I know I would).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 01:49 PM #708 of 800
Not if it's overpriced. And I have a feeling it will be.

If it's the same price as the others though ($20), I might cave in; this is by far the best of the Monster figures so far.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:27 PM #709 of 800
Keep me updated on that, would you SOLDIER? Thanks. I'm seriously considering getting that.

It'll go with my dragons.....

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:47 PM #710 of 800
A member from ac.net managed to get the box set early, and posted her impressions here.

The Tifa and Denzel short stories are collected in a small paperback book, with reportedly great translations. There is also a brand new short story featuring Barret (nice).

Unfortunately, Last Order wasn't dubbed, and instead is kept subtitled. Very lame. I'm going to hold out for the Blu Ray release instead, and hope that the paperback is included in that one, too.

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 02:36 PM #711 of 800
god I really want that package >.< do you guys know if the blu-ray version will include all of this? because I still prefer to buy that version, even if the dvd is exactly as the one I have beside last order...

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 03:29 PM #712 of 800

Purchase confirmed.

Also, a recent interview on FFVersusXIII has Nomura stating that once he finishes that game, his next project will likely be either KHIII or "an FF remake".

Asshole. Like we don't know what FF he's talking about.

Spoiler:
Watch it be FFVIII.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:24 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 05:24 PM #713 of 800
Sweet! Kadaj looks awesome! Nice touch with the sword sheath, if only they could have done that with Cloud's fusion swords. Now all they need to do is make a deluxe version where he comes with his bike.

Though, isn't Cloud actually taller than Kadaj (infact, why is it that Cloud seems to be shortest of em all, definitely something wrong with his scale)?

Asshole. Like we don't know what FF he's talking about.

Spoiler:
Watch it be FFVIII.
lol, that'd be hilarious if true.

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:24 PM #714 of 800
omg purchase confirm for me too! that Kadaj figurine is awesome! I wonder if they will do all the cast of the movie. I sure would like Loz and Yazoo too (and a Yuffie one XD)

I would really like a FFVII remake but I'm pretty sure nomura will go for KHIII well if disney is ok with it...only thing is that now most classic have been in KH, and I'm not sure if I want to see the recent one (they don't really interest me) nor do I want to see the same world again even if they change them...

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:53 AM #715 of 800
No purchase confirm for me :(

My figure space is like, pretty limited, unless I dump some into the closet to make room. Gah, it sucks living in an apartment.

I can only imagine what the other figs will look like. I have an online friend who'd probably snatch up Reno.

P.S. I'd like to see a FFVIII movie :( A remake of VIII isn't really necessary.

When are they coming out?

Last edited by Freelance; Feb 27, 2007 at 07:56 AM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:06 PM #716 of 800
Can't let this thread die, see?

It looks like nobody has posted this yet, but here's some, er, rather small pics of Reno's prototype. I wish they was larger, but oh well. I wouldn't mind having one in my room.

Enjoy.

Oh, and here's a funny size comparison between PA Cloud and the Mechanical Arts Fenrir.

Oh yeah, they released a new Tiamat figure in the Master Creatures line. She's a repaint of the Bahamut fig, and it looks so badass. Lemme pull up a pic.

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 15, 2007 at 08:13 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:09 PM #717 of 800
That Reno's going to be great for poses.

Also, Tiamat is a she?

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:16 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 10:16 PM #718 of 800
He looks great! However, I'm liking this little remark.
Quote:
Also production costs have gone up due to a increase in the cost of raw materials. The figure will be out this Fall. More info will be in the 3/25 issue of Hobby Link Japan.
Sounds like there's going to be another price increase for the play arts line. They had better not used that clear pvc garbage, which resulted in the most breakages (specifically for Cloud and Auron), that I kept hearing about. Cause that would be absolutely crap to have to purchase the figures at a higher price, with no increase in the quality of material used.

http://www.adventchildren.net/

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 09:58 AM #719 of 800
Tiamat has always been a she. Check myths about her and crap:

Tiamat is the primordial mother goddess in Babylonian and Sumerian mythology, and a central figure in the Enûma Elish creation epic. She was known as Thalatth in the Hellenistic Babylonian Berossus' first volume of history.

She is usually personified as a multi-headed dragon. FFVIII was the first FF game in which she only has one head. She is also featured in Dungeons and Dragons.

Of course, it may not apply to the FF Tiamat as her gender has never been mentioned, I don't think.

I've had Cloud for ages and posed him quite a bit, and he is still in one damn piece. I dunno. Maybe I'm careful or just got a good Cloud batch? Who knows. I don't have Auron so I have no comments about him. I hope the price increase isn't too much.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 16, 2007 at 10:06 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:27 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2007, 09:27 AM #720 of 800
I've had Cloud for ages and posed him quite a bit, and he is still in one damn piece. I dunno. Maybe I'm careful or just got a good Cloud batch? Who knows. I don't have Auron so I have no comments about him. I hope the price increase isn't too much.
Yea, my Cloud was perfectly fine too, but I've heard of many occasions where his leg broke off at hip joint (where the clear pvc apparently is). Auron is the worst, as pretty much everyone has had one breakage with Auron, either at his knees or arm. Mine was at the knee, damn thing just popped out as soon as I opened him. Luckily I purchased at my local comic shop, and therefore was able to get exchange it for another.

But yea, here's hoping they stopped using that material and therefore no more breakages to come for the remaining play arts line.

randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 11:04 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2007, 04:04 PM #721 of 800
Reno looks awesome. He was the one figure I was annoyed that they didn't make, and no he's coming. I AM HAPPY!

And both my Cloud and Sephiroth figures are still fine, and I've been dicking about with them since I got them. The only problem I noticed is that my Clouds hair wasn't glued, it's no problem, just that I can pull it out with great ease.

How ya doing, buddy?
Welcome to Silent Hill
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:12 PM #722 of 800
weird I don,t really have a problem with cloud. The only problem I got was with Sephiroth, when I opened it I immediately wanted to change his hand so he could hold his sword, the problem is the hand was inserted to tightly that I broke the join...I had to take the join out of the arms so I could put the other hand. So sadly my Sephiroth is bound to hold his sword forever XD

oh and I don't understand the scale with fenrir... is it anew version of cloud like 2 time bigger then the play art or is it a new fenrir that is 2 time smaller? either way I'm happy I got the kit with cloud+fenrir, I just which I could get those fanmade sword that can form the new buster sword XD

Last edited by Inhert; Mar 16, 2007 at 02:14 PM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:25 PM #723 of 800
The Mechanical Arts series is a different line of products. They're basically small sized versions of various FF vehicles and things, such as the Fenrir and Kadaj's bike to name a few. The pic shows MA Fenrir and PA Cloud, just so you can see how much smaller the MA vehicles are. I think the pic is cute, 'cause it reminds me of those cartoons where clowns come out from a really tiny car at a circus.

I don't know why they bothered making one of Fenrir though, when there's already a full sized version available. I also have the Cloud+Fenrir kit too, and it's one sweet-ass bike. I'm glad I have it. I just love cleaning that thing.

Ah well, back to my chores. I'm in the middle of making dinner.

Last edited by Freelance; Mar 16, 2007 at 03:10 PM.
randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:45 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2007, 07:45 PM #724 of 800

"CAN I HAVE SOME?!"

Welcome to Silent Hill
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:47 PM #725 of 800
omg! Cloud got scalped!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread