Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Creative Dating Ideas

Ender
Carob Nut

Member 10061

Level 4.22

Jul 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 04:18 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 01:18 AM #1 of 14
Creative Dating Ideas

So... I'm not a very creative person, but when I leach a creative idea for a fun date from someone else it always turns out well, so I guess my problem is dating ideas... not the dates themselves. I'm interested in what other people here have done that has been fun, and also ideas that are original. I'm looking to apply this to kind of a pre-relationship dating scenario, so nothing too romantic yet...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sandy
Pikachu ♪

Member 17794

Level 10.12

Jan 2007

Old Jan 14, 2007, 04:35 AM #2 of 14
I think it would depends on your and/or your date's hobby. Like if the guy/girl you are dating likes movies, it would generally be a bad idea to bring him/her to a library or something. Who am I kidding, why would people go on a date to the library?!

Well you can always go to places like a fast food place (since you said you don't want it to be too romantic yet) for food, movies are usually a good idea (but really depends on you and your partner), street shopping, musical event (band, concert), galleries... etc.

And always memorize some good jokes, it's often good hanging around people who are humorous.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Yes, I'm very evul.

(Old sig back in 2001ish)
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:02 AM #3 of 14
Whatever you do, DON'T take a girl to a movie or a concert on your first date. First dates are about getting to know each other, and how are you supposed to talk in a movie or at a concert?

For a first date, I'd suggest something short. Meet at a coffee shop then go for a walk...something like that. Actually, for the first few dates I'd steer clear of anything where your conversations will be limited. Save those kinds of dates for after you've gotten to know one another.

And let's be honest. There's nothing worse than realizing on the way to the theatre that you don't want to be out on a date with a guy, then realizing that you still have a two-hour movie AND a two-hour dinner to get through before you can go home and never have to see him again.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Alice; Jan 14, 2007 at 08:05 AM.
Sandy
Pikachu ♪

Member 17794

Level 10.12

Jan 2007

Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:11 AM #4 of 14
I suppose Alice is right if it's your first date, though you can always pull a 'time-to-abandon-the-ship' if you realize that you don't want to be out on a date with that person. :P

Most amazing jew boots
Yes, I'm very evul.

(Old sig back in 2001ish)
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:13 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 05:13 PM #5 of 14
Whatever you do, DON'T take a girl to a movie or a concert on your first date. First dates are about getting to know each other, and how are you supposed to talk in a movie or at a concert?

For a first date, I'd suggest something short. Meet at a coffee shop then go for a walk...something like that. Actually, for the first few dates I'd steer clear of anything where your conversations will be limited. Save those kinds of dates for after you've gotten to know one another.

And let's be honest. There's nothing worse than realizing on the way to the theatre that you don't want to be out on a date with a guy, then realizing that you still have a two-hour movie AND a two-hour dinner to get through before you can go home and never have to see him again.
You also don't want to go movie/dinner/concert because you don't want to put yourself in a situation where you have to foot a large bill.

Contrary to what you may have heard, girls don't like when guys pick up the check. Well, they like it, but they also interpret it as you "buying" some time with her. Good for her self-esteem--but not good for your chances of ever getting laid, as this puts the power in her court. And if there's one thing that girls seem to hate in a relationship it's having power. Ohoho! Seriously though, they want some power but not ALL of it.

Another bad thing about dinner in particular is conversation is very strained. You have to be pretty funny and ad rem to make dinner conversation between two people riveting (and you do want to be riveting on a date).

So yeah, I agree that a coffee shop or a walk in the park is an excellent first date. It's short, (usually) quite intimate, and inexpensive. You can also escape quickly if the date goes sour, and the girl doesn't feel like you're trying to buy your way into her pants. The only risk is ending in the "friend zone", but that's all about attitude. If you push her buttons, she'll feel attraction to her whether she wants to or not (but that's subject for another topic).

For more "expansive" date ideas, it really depends on the girl, and the options you have available to you. I like dates at the roller coaster park, zoo/aquarium, or the beach if the weather is nice. Karaoke can be good if you can sing worth anything, and especially if you can get one of those private rooms. Perhaps something like skiing or bowling would be fun, I've never tried it as a date. A date with activity in it that people automatically find fun or fascinating is generally a good idea.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:10 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 09:10 AM #6 of 14

Well, with my current boyfriend, our first official date was a movie. However, we've had several meetings/outings/get-togethers with mutual friends before that. For us, it worked out that we were going out to have fun as friends with friends, but there were plenty of opportunity for us to steal away from the crowd and get to know each other. But of course, based on the chemistry he and I had with each other, I guess it was bluntly obvious to others so our friends rather encouraged us "getting together."

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:33 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 01:33 AM #7 of 14

VERY good points. And I have been lucky enough to take that advice myself. In fact, I am going for coffee tomorrow with a girl I just met at work over the past few days. I need to maximize interests and really get to know her. I will probably as her for a date to the movies or for dinner tomorrow.

But yeah, the first few dates should be able communicating. It shows that you really care about understanding the other person. It should help things out if you want to move more quickly in the future. Always set a strong base to start with. Women love men who make them smile and laugh. It seems to be a lasting impression.

All the romantic stuff can be done at the 4th or 5th date, possibly even later if you are the more patient type.

Most amazing jew boots
happyskrillz
jajajaja

Member 18503

Level 3.20

Jan 2007

Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:21 PM #8 of 14
Well first dates are hard I guess and I can't help really there though the coffee place idea is a great one. I don't know anything about where you're from but in Connecticut theres great areas to hang out in downtown areas that have a lot of different specialty shops that often house unique and interesting topics of conversations and plenty of sit down "hang out" places. One of said locations here is New Haven, which I haven't met a girl who doesn't love to head down to for an whole day even. May I also suggest going to an orchard or something similar for the day. Maybe even hanging out at a state park, thats a good conversation place.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"Motion pictures and weapons of war... Science has created them both. So while others point their barrels,
I'll have my camera... Offering fantastic dreams of other worlds just beyond our reach..."
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:48 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 02:48 PM #9 of 14
Going out to eat tends to be the type of first date I've noticed, but I think I have to agree with what others have mentioned about going somewhere simple so that there's an opportunity to get to know the other person. An amusement park may also be an interesting location for a date in general if both people enjoy something like that.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tomahawk
Toma

Member 17600

Level 6.82

Dec 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:36 PM #10 of 14
I've got the perfect creative dating idea for guys!

Spoiler:
Take her to a nude beach!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
pigwidgeon
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 19099

Level 1.34

Feb 2007

Old Feb 2, 2007, 05:58 PM #11 of 14
Movies CAN be a good first date, but it's true that if you realize halfway through that you don't really want to be spending time with that person, you're pretty much stuck.

Things like bowling, or roller skating are good because if there is a break in conversation you aren't just sitting there staring at each other with nothing to say.

Haunted houses are good, if it's the right time of year (ha, which right now it's not) just make sure your date isn't going to be too freaked out.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Feb 4, 2007, 07:27 PM #12 of 14
I wouldn't take a girl to the movies on the first date. I did that once and all through out the movie, all I wanted to do was talk to her, and I had to wait until after the show.

I found a great place to take a girl on a nice day, and that is hiking. Go somewhere where the view is great and the air is clean. It is a great enviornment to talk undisturbed and it is totally FREE! Pack a nice picnic basket and you are all set. You will score bonus points if you pack the lunch yourself.

I don't think it will do well for a first date...I mean, she'll have to be pretty comfortable to be alone with you in the middle of nowhere, but it makes for a nice date down the road.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 09:58 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 07:58 AM #13 of 14
Well, this isn't a creative idea for a first date but it reminds me of the first one I had with my boyfriend. I was new to the place, so he took me for a tour of the city. It was sweet.

I was speaking idiomatically.
happydancer007
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 19280

Level 1.21

Feb 2007

Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:28 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 01:28 PM #14 of 14
I think bowling is a good idea and to mix it up a little trying doing as weird bowling ways as you can think of
if its a double date you can go on a scavenger hunt at a mall
my favorite is called fighting kites and you buy cheap kites as tie a razor blade on each ones string and you try to cut the other persons string

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Creative Dating Ideas