Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dysthymia

S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 02:33 AM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 02:33 AM #1 of 6
Angry Dysthymia

So...I have Dysthemia..anyone else had this kind of thing before?

It's a constant feeling of intense anxiety about nothing and constant depression, which totally ruins your life. Also, being OCD, I obsess about it, and have become unable to sleep without sleeping pills(zopiclone), because I obsess so much on if I'll be able to sleep or not that I, in turn, can't, retarded but reality for me. It's pissing me off SO bad these days, I've been very close to doing very drastic things as well...

I'm now on the anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drug Effexor, anyone have any experience with this drug, I don't know much about it so any experience would be helpful, I research lots, but a first-hand account is always the best?

So yeah, anyone gone through this kind of thing before, and if so how'd you deal with it?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:37 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 01:37 AM #2 of 6
My understanding of dysthymia is that it is a milder and less severe form of depression, but if that’s what you’ve been professionally diagnosed with, go with that.

However, I’m inclined to think that the constant feelings of anxiety you’re describing sounds more consistent with a Generalised Anxiety Disorder (which is one indication for Venlafaxine (Effexor)). When talking antidepressants it should be noted that side effects will occur immediately, but the positive effects of the medication may not take place until 2-3 weeks. So with regards to treatment compliance keep this in mind, and don’t be disappointed if you don’t get instant improvements.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 05:15 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 10:15 PM #3 of 6
Medications have different effects on different people. All I would suggest is that you give it time to kick in, and if you don't feel like it's helping you at all then contact your doctor and ask about something else, medication or otherwise.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
jb1234
Good Chocobo

Member 1985

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:59 PM #4 of 6
Quote:
I'm now on the anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drug Effexor, anyone have any experience with this drug, I don't know much about it so any experience would be helpful, I research lots, but a first-hand account is always the best?
I've been on it (and about eight others). Chances are, the first antidepressant you try isn't the one that will help you. Also watch out for side-effects (impotence and imsomnia being the most common).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:29 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 01:29 AM #5 of 6
I've been on it (and about eight others). Chances are, the first antidepressant you try isn't the one that will help you. Also watch out for side-effects (impotence and imsomnia being the most common).
I've noticed so far that I feel nauxious more often, and I'm sleepy ALL the time. It seems to have the opposite effect of insomnia, which I've heard is also common.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds
franposis
yoink

Member 18158

Level 7.77

Jan 2007

Old Jan 21, 2007, 03:19 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 08:19 PM #6 of 6
I've noticed so far that I feel nauxious more often, and I'm sleepy ALL the time. It seems to have the opposite effect of insomnia, which I've heard is also common.

I've never been on that particular one, but the couple they've tried on me have both made me feel like I'm constantly on the edge of throwing up. Watch out for it fucking with emotions it's not supposed to effect aswell.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

A roflwaffle approved MSPaint MASTERPIECE

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Dysthymia