Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:06 PM #301 of 800
One of the few ac.net threads that don't make me cringe; a list of easter eggs found throughout the movie.

http://forums.adventchildren.net/sho...3&page=1&pp=15

(the password is Sephiroth ;/ )

I noticed a few when I was watching, but some of the more deeply hidden ones made me chuckle.

Spoiler:

My personal favorite though is
Spoiler:
the Loveless sign that hits Rude on the head has a picture of Aerith on it. Other Loveless signs in the movie also have a picture of Tifa.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 09:56 PM #302 of 800
Remind me again of the significance of Loveless?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:13 PM #303 of 800
I think it was some kind of play in the game that Cid told you about near the end of the game. From what I remember, it wasn't really significant.

FELIPE NO
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:42 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 07:42 PM #304 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
My personal favorite though is
Spoiler:
the Loveless sign that hits Rude on the head has a picture of Aerith on it. Other Loveless signs in the movie also have a picture of Tifa.
Do you have a picture of that? I don't think I noticed it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:17 PM #305 of 800
Here you go, I've been taking quite a few screencaps using PowerDVD lately.

Spoiler:

As for "Loveless", I don't remember the exact story, but it dealt with something about two lovers seperated by war I think, with the male making a promise to come home after the war. Something like that.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:24 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 10:24 PM #306 of 800
They should have made that play Cloud and Aerith (or Yuffie...or Tifa...or...ugh...Barret) participated in the Loveless play, IMO.

Misc. Sector 7 slum people were ranting about it, IIRC.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:59 PM #307 of 800
Here you go, I've been taking quite a few screencaps using PowerDVD lately.
I've taken in total, 363 AC screengrabs with PowerDVD. I have no life XD I'm SUCH a screengrab whore, as I do this with every DVD I have, although I've never taken this much from a single DVD before.

PS. I never noticed the Loveless thing too. Thanks for a pic.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:27 AM #308 of 800
Are you going to upload those in a Photobucket journal? If so, send me a link.

This may be another easter egg, or just a coincidence.

Spoiler:

I kind of hope for the latter, as I really hate the idea of them referencing that awful FMV. At least she's proportional this time.

On the subject of designs, I'd like to mention that the ones in AC are probably the best Nomura has ever done. Even the anti-Nomura crowd shouldn't have any qualms, especially since he didn't overload anyone with zippers or belts.

Tifa definetley gets my vote for the best redesign ever for an RPG character, even if the dress seams do sometimes give the illusion of nipples.

There's also an interesting alternate take with her in the deleted scenes.

Spoiler:
In the part where she berates Cloud for living in the past, she holds back a lot in her lecturing, then timidly says "There, I said it.", as if she had been mustering the courage to tell Cloud off. The fact that she's more aggressive toward Cloud (pissed, even) is definetley more welcomed.

Oh, and does anyone know if "Water" from the OST is an arrangement of an existing FFVII song? I'm pretty sure I heard it in the original soundtrack, but I can't figure out which song it is (I think it was during the ending).

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Soldier; Apr 28, 2006 at 12:39 AM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:39 AM #309 of 800
the only play I can think of with Cloud and Aerith is the one that you can do in Gold Saucer when you have a date with Aerith...

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:41 AM #310 of 800
That isn't Loveless, it was some fantasy play. Loveless is mentioned but never shown. But hey, maybe we'll finally see something in the next game.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:42 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 12:42 AM #311 of 800
It's too bad that Nomura, after he did such a beautiful job with Advent Children, didn't get to work on FFXII's designs.

I will agree though that Tifa is the best of the redesigns, with Cloud's coming shortly thereafter. Barret, however, had to be the worst. What was with that mesh shirt? He doesn't seem like the kinda guy who wants to be trendy.

I'll throw in a vote for Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo's designs. Their clothing was really cool. However, I'll give props for the best transition -- Sephiroth. He retained every bit of his evil appearance, and the fact that it was so well recreated made it even more frightening.

Edited for stupidity.

FELIPE NO

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Last edited by SouthJag; Apr 28, 2006 at 01:24 AM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:49 AM #312 of 800
wtf Nomura has to do with FFXII?

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:57 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 10:57 PM #313 of 800
Originally Posted by Rydia
Do you have a picture of that? I don't think I noticed it.
Check it out: from the beginning of the movie:
Spoiler:

To the Side to see the lettering:

As it was in the movie:

I'm going through the movie getting screencaps of even more stuff I missed,
so look for that soon. It helps that the DVD can play in fullscreen, and allows me to see more 'hidden' stuff

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 01:17 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 01:17 AM #314 of 800
Originally Posted by Inhert
wtf Nomura has to do with FFXII?
Whoops, nevermind. I thought Nomura was leading the character designs for FFXII, but upon closer inspection, I realized I was wrong. In reality, it's Akihiko Yoshida, who I'll hold responsible for my scorn toward FFXII from this day forward.

Sorry, Nomura. T_T

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Last edited by SouthJag; Apr 28, 2006 at 01:23 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 02:02 AM #315 of 800
Quote:
Check it out: from the beginning of the movie:
Nice.

Spoiler:
I never saw the Tifa Loveless image, but this confirms it. I wonder if the 6 written on her dress has any meaning? Also, it sort of looks like she's holding a rose, or maybe that's just a blemish on the sign. There's all sorts of theories going on with the women appearing in the Loveless signs (my take; the sign with Aerith's dropping down shows that her role as a love interest is over).

Also, here's a shot of the beginning.

Spoiler:

They said there was a meaning behind the birds shown, but they wouldn't reveal it. I thought it would represent the number of the main group, but there's over 20 birds.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 06:22 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 07:22 PM #316 of 800
Damn, I've still to get my copy of AC......I'm steering clear of the HK version and still waiting on the US version. I probably won't be getting it from HMV though since they told me that they were unlikely to order the US version at all.

Bastards.

>_<

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 08:53 AM #317 of 800
Are you going to upload those in a Photobucket journal? If so, send me a link.
Alas, you replied when I was already in bed, so here is the link:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/freelancewolf/
Password is ferrets.
Go to the Advent Children link, which should be right at the top of the page. I've put the images in separate categories. There may be some that are in the wrong category, so it's best to look through all of them. It has taken me quite a long time to get them all. I guess I went overboard (363 pics haha), but there were just so many cool scenes. I consider AC to more than just a 'movie.' I think it's a work of art. Feel free to use any of them for avatars and sigs or whatever. I don't mind.
Oh, there were some problems with viewing the them last night. I told one of my friends to look at them, and she said she got "too many connections' sometimes.

I also really enjoy Nomura's redesigns for AC, as well as Leon's new look in KH II. Everyone looked great. I'm probably the only one who didn't really like the FFVII designs.

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 28, 2006 at 09:04 AM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 03:47 PM #318 of 800
ok I just watch the english dub and overall it's a good dub, but surely not the best (still enjoyable) tifa voice actress did impress me in the fight though! Cloud and Sephiroth was a lot better then I thought(really better than in KH2). Loz was ok but really the worst of all voice is Yazoo and Kadaj >.> I just can't stand their english voice >.< and still I hate suvari voice, not just because she can't act but for me it's the voice itself that doesn't fit Aerith at all... So the english dub is enjoyable but the next time (and any other time) that I'll watch it, I'll put the jp dub.

Oh and I watched the making of and they said that the JP dub took more than a years too make (no wonder it is good) so now I understand a little with the long wait we had for the english dub, but still it could have been way better >.>

grayfoxads
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5871

Level 1.00

Apr 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 04:39 PM #319 of 800
Could someone upload a torrent of advent children 3rd disc?
the interviews of the english voice cast
gamespot said they were out.
i am hoping you guys could help me

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 08:30 PM #320 of 800
hmm I found a file in torrentspy that claims to be the 3rd bonus disc.
I havn't downloaded it yet so I can't be sure.
http://ts.searching.com/torrent/7201...TSC_DVDR_XPDVD

How ya doing, buddy?

New Record!
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 09:01 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 06:01 PM #321 of 800
I just got my AC-DVD now and did read the 3 sidestories after refreshed my memories of the FFVII game and am fully prepaired. Denzel's story is really beautiful and sad with a big suprise (more or less) at the end. Can't wait to see what he's part in the movie is gona reveal (how did he get healed of geostigma??).
I got it with the 3rd Bonusdisc. It doesn't have a menu und starts right away. Clouds voiceactor is HOT HOT HOT!!!! lol He could actually be Cloud if he would be a little bit leaner. Same beautiful eye and haircolor. The DVD is basicly just where they show how the english voiceover was being made but still very interesting.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
TheSteve
Ex-Soldier

Member 5870

Level 1.02

Apr 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:21 AM #322 of 800
Is it still possible to get the Cloud and Fenrir figure with the custom swords?

How ya doing, buddy?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:25 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 01:25 AM #323 of 800
Originally Posted by TheSteve
Is it still possible to get the Cloud and Fenrir figure with the custom swords?
Probably, if you do some digging on Japanese auction sites. As so far, all the known custom jobs (to me) have been from Japan. Haha, but good luck, if I remember correctly that last custom job I posted went for over $500.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:07 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 04:07 PM #324 of 800
Dang I want the 3rd disk!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:50 AM #325 of 800
Quote:
Probably, if you do some digging on Japanese auction sites. As so far, all the known custom jobs (to me) have been from Japan. Haha, but good luck, if I remember correctly that last custom job I posted went for over $500.
How about the domestic Cloud with Fenrir? Any places selling it for less than $60? I still want that Cloud PlayArts figure, bike or no.

I just watched the Venice footage. It's basically an unfinished version of the movie, no real big changes, aside from the battle at the Forgotten City. The most interesting parts are the musical cues (interesting how they use "Water" during the conversation with Tifa and Marlene in the church), and the funky DNA-style credits.

Probably the most interesting feature in Disc 2, aside from Distance, are the AC trailers. It's interesting looking at the first trailer ever made, which served as a teaser for the official unveiling in TGS 2004 2 days afterwards. I can't imagine the surprise and shock that befell those lucky attendants when they first saw Cloud walking down the church, with the cryptic line of "THIS IS NOT FOR PLAYING". They probably didn't see it coming, just like we didn't.

I can also see why the rumors about Cloud being the only survivor of the group originated; the first trailer did give off a creepy apocalyptic vibe, especially when Marlene said that many people died on the day of the final battle. Still, common sense should've told them that there was no way Square would kill off all the other characters like that. It's small wonder that Tifa's unveiling in the Jump Fiesta 2004 trailer brought forth the most number of hits.

Also interesting is the E3 2005 trailer. I don't recall that particular trailer ever being available for download. Either that or I didn't decide to view it, thinking the movie was due that following September. Yeah, I'm still pretty upset over that.

As for the Gamestop bonus disc, while it's upsetting that only Cloud Tifa and Aerith's VA's are interviewed (why no George Newbern!?), it's still pretty neat. Despite Southjag's rant, Cook continues to show just how much she got into the role. The way she mentions how she focused on nailing every line as perfect as possible and hoping that fans will approve of her voice for Tifa was almost adorable. I've never seen any of Cook's movies (and I don't plan to), but I really think she found her calling here. I was happy to hear how couldn't wait to play Tifa's voice again in a future game. You and me both.

As for Suvari, while she seemed generally interested in what she was doing, the scenes shown of her at work kind of gave me the impression that out of all the actors, she probably needed the most retakes.

As for Burton, the guy is pretty cut. He's a soap opera star after all. Like Cook, he showed much enthusiasm playing the role of Cloud, and he stated how nervous he was playing such a hugely popular character. While personally it looked like Cook was more into it, both actors have shown that they truly care about the roles they were playing. And that's why they're the two best voices out of everyone else, in my opinion. I hope we get to hear Burton's work on a more confident Cloud later on.

Is it me, or is Advent:One Winged Angel the best song ever? I've heard it at least ten times and it still hasn't gotten old. I had doubts, but Uematsu has managed to surprass the original arrangement in every way. It is by far the best song in the entire soundtrack, with Divinity II, Tatakau Monotachi and Promised Land as close runner-ups.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread