Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Guilty Pleasures

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 03:22 AM Local time: Feb 2, 2011, 01:22 AM #1 of 17
Guilty Pleasures

The title is self-explanatory. TV, music or movies. Guilty pleasures. We all have them. Don't lie to me, you fucks. I know you have secrets and I want them flamboyantly out like Hard Gay at SF Pride pushing a daisy-covered lawnmower across city hall's lawn. (I will not be held responsible for whatever ridicule you are submitted to if you admit to liking "Twilight". You have been warned.)

First and foremost, I have to mention my ultimate guilty pleasure:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. This movie is basically eye-candy and nothing more. It has horrible voice acting, a trite and ultimately forgettable story that actually hinders the story of the original game it services and it's a pathetic fellatio from Squenix to fans of a beloved franchise. But you know what? I still pop in this movie from time to time simply to admire how fucking amazing the animation and over-the-top action scenes in the movie. I make no apologies for it and fuck you if you hate me for it.

300. Horrible film. Yes, sprout. I get it. This film is awful. You know what, though? GREAT MOVIE.

Spartacus: Blood & Sand. Just started watching it today and is really the thing that sparked this thread. This show is fucking AWFUL. Oh GOD, it's awful. It has bad (though not horrible) acting, bad CGI and Lucy Lawless in a role that's NOT Xena. But, man, this show is exorbitantly-violent, has Romans and Thracians fucking each other like jackrabbits on ecstasy and Lucy Lawless in a role that's not Xena (in that she's naked half the time and, jesus-tittyfucking-christ, she's actually fucking HOT). I was reading that the show was actually put on hold because the actor who plays Spartacus (fuck if I remember his name at the time) is having health issues so, once I finish this first season, I have no more brutally-killing, rabidly-fucking and bad line-delivering Romans on TV to watch and it makes me go :sadface:

How ya doing, buddy?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:53 AM Local time: Feb 2, 2011, 03:53 AM #2 of 17
Hell's Kitchen

Best response from someone who I've told I watch this show; "Isn't that a little sensationalized?" And I'm like YEAH IT IS! I don't know a thing about cooking, the bigger the confrontations, the bigger the assholes, the better. Every episode might be the one Ramsey finally chokes a bitch, gotta catch 'em all.

True Blood

Not quite Twilight, but it started out pulp and this past third season really hammed it up. I can't deny that I'm hooked to this show like a house wife on a mid-day soap. With every episode I watch, I'm pretty sure my orientation slowly shifts.

Home Alone 2

It's so ridiculous. And I love it so much. I watch it every Christmas. It's not even all the slapstick stuff. The talkboy, Buzz playing the drums on Kevin's head. Tim Curry being Tim Curry. I named a Christmas themed band on Rock Band "The Sticky Bandits."

YouTube Video

There's nowhere I can't reach.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:12 AM Local time: Feb 2, 2011, 02:12 PM #3 of 17
Project Runway. If you were on irc a couple of months ago you probably caught me and lurk talking about the show. Yeah it´s about clothes and fashion and it´s super gay. But the show is fucking interesting and Heidi klum is still damn hot.

The devil wears prada. Damn gay movie bro, real chick flick but the movie is wellwritten and.... cute. Seen it like 3 times lol.

Sex and the city, dont have any explination for this, it was pretty much the only show that aired around noon on Swedish tv during the summer and I was recovering from hangovers everyother day. It had tits in which was cool... I´ve also seen both movies... I don´t have a reason, it just happened lol.

Last one is Jersey shore, it´s probably scripted, extremly retarded. But it´s hilarious to watch them get drunk and "creep" and "fist pump" and fight.

no homo
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:32 AM Local time: Feb 2, 2011, 08:32 AM #4 of 17
Hell's Kitchen

Best response from someone who I've told I watch this show; "Isn't that a little sensationalized?" And I'm like YEAH IT IS! I don't know a thing about cooking, the bigger the confrontations, the bigger the assholes, the better. Every episode might be the one Ramsey finally chokes a bitch, gotta catch 'em all.
This, basically. I know how terrible and contrived most US-produced Ramsay programs are, but I can't stop watching them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:46 PM Local time: Feb 2, 2011, 11:46 AM #5 of 17
I second The devil wears Prada. I just watched it about 2 weeks ago and I enjoyed it.

As for recent guilty pleasures, the first thing that comes to my mind is Twilight. While generally speaking I couldn't care less about vampire fiction overall, I didn't try to avoid neither the films or the books. However it was until recently that I managed to watch Twilight and I found it enjoyable.

I mean it has it's moments and I think it's a pretty decent teen film, maybe because I haven't seen a good teen film in a while but what the hell.

For the record, the next day I went and bought a bootleg copy of New Moon (The very ending OMG, so ghei it's good!) AND the day after I bought Eclipse on the very same format... which turned out to be a misplaced DVD of a recent Cuba Goodring Jr flick which I didn't bothered to return.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 04:03 PM #6 of 17
Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster
While I completely dislike The Fame, I think The Fame Monster is a ridiculously fun pop album that's completely infectious. I gotta give the girl credit for writing her own music, and for once, not every song is about drinkin in da club and whatnot.

Can't have a guilty pleasures list without featuring a film that notable taste-havers on the internet have called the worst film of all time.

The O.C.
The soapy goodness of this diabolically corny show got me hooked for the first two seasons. The story is decent enough (a troubled teen is adopted by a family of rich Jewish people), the writing is lame, and it's just so much stupid fun. I lost interest halfway through season 2 when the main bitch played by that skinny hoe decided to become a lesbian. Couldn't take much more after that.

Nip/Tuck
I maintain that this show was never inherently bad, but rather it BECAME bad as it went on. Season 1 is just plain terrific, with one of the best "OH SNAP" endings I've ever seen. Season 2 introduced some weird horror elements when they introduced The Carver. Season 3 was pure trashy goodness when The Carver played a pivotal role in the season, and all these retarded twists were taken WAY too seriously. Then... it just started being flat-out awful. I stopped a few episodes into season 4 and never looked back. Still, those first three seasons kept me thoroughly entertained.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 04:13 PM Local time: Feb 2, 2011, 01:13 PM #7 of 17
I watched Nip/Tuck up to the season they move to L.A. Be glad you got out while you did, the last part of the show was just unbearable.

FELIPE NO

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 04:27 PM #8 of 17
I heard it basically ends with a music video or something. Or maybe that was Season 4?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:25 PM Local time: Feb 2, 2011, 03:25 PM #9 of 17
One of them ends up acting on a in-show soap opera entitled "Hearts and Scalpels" and there is an episode done in the format of a reality show documenting them. That had the facepalming title of Plastic Fantastic. That was the episode I never got past. I agree about the first three seasons actually being a decent show, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:01 PM #10 of 17
Project Runway. If you were on irc a couple of months ago you probably caught me and lurk talking about the show. Yeah it´s about clothes and fashion and it´s super gay. But the show is fucking interesting and Heidi klum is still damn hot
Project Runway is one of my indulgences also. It's show about fashion, but it's so much fun commentating with others about who's making a terrible outfit and being shocked about who made something absolutely horrid and moving on to the next round.

Regardless, been keeping up with the show for the first season.

It's pretty much the same thing with America's Next Top Model. A lot less interesting that Project Runway, but there's something about seeing someone take a terrible photo that makes it funny to watch. I only seem to watch it when it's being marathoned or something on TV since I can't be bothered to keep up with it every week.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:15 AM Local time: Feb 2, 2011, 10:15 PM #11 of 17
The O.C.
The soapy goodness of this diabolically corny show got me hooked for the first two seasons. The story is decent enough (a troubled teen is adopted by a family of rich Jewish people), the writing is lame, and it's just so much stupid fun. I lost interest halfway through season 2 when the main bitch played by that skinny hoe decided to become a lesbian. Couldn't take much more after that.
You know what I still like about that show? The indie-pop soundtrack they had throughout the entire run of the series. I STILL listen to it all the time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:47 AM Local time: Feb 3, 2011, 07:47 AM #12 of 17
Californiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:51 PM Local time: Feb 3, 2011, 10:51 PM #13 of 17
Gossip Girl - Do not ask me why but I love it, the petty scheming, the faux-jetset lifestyle that comes over just real enough to not be ridiculous make an incredibly addicting show.

Nip/Tuck - I almost finished the series. It sure had its ups and downs, mostly because they try to put so much stuff in a single episode that they don't seem to bother getting rid of all the shitty plotlines. Once the show realized how ridiculous it had gotten, I found it more enjoyable though, a bit of relaxing television.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:20 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2011, 03:20 AM #14 of 17
Wait, what? Liking 300 is a guilty pleasure? 300 is a great film, anyone who doesn't like it is clearly too busy staring at the greased up Greeks to really appreciate it.

I really like the Scary Movie films and even worse than that, I enjoyed Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans and Date Movie. Now those are proper guilty pleasures. I also watch Hollyoaks but I doubt any of you have heard of that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:35 PM #15 of 17
Agreed Shin on 300. I absolutely loved it.

My guilty pleasure is often found in violence. The more violent it is, the better.

I just watched Eastern Promises and god damn Viggo's fight scene was fucking AWESOME.

I'm a HUGE fan of Berserk for this reason. I loved the massive buildup, the random violence and the sudden downward spiral that anime series went.

I also loved Pulp Fiction, 300, Shoot'Em Up, From Dusk Till Dawn, Dog Soldiers, Man on Fire, Scream series, Fight Club, and stuff with Jason Statham.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2011, 01:12 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2011, 11:12 PM #16 of 17
I also watch Hollyoaks but I doubt any of you have heard of that.
I heard it namedropped in a song and I was wondering about the reference so I looked it up. It's as bad, if not worse, than "SKINS" on MTV. This, I consider to be a true guilty pleasure because it's godfuck awful. You have must be truly manly to admit to this.

(Kidding. Shit is gayer than Ralph Macchio in "The Outsiders".)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:54 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2011, 12:54 AM #17 of 17
There are plenty of shows (and movies) I could easily mention in this thread. Lots of my guilty pleasures are public knowledge on these here forums, so I'm gonna go with one that's not.

Blue Mountain State is a terrible show. I said as much in my journal. Yet despite this fact, I have seen every single episode from both seasons that have aired so far. It's stupid, lowbrow, crude humor, and for some reason I keep eating this shit up every week.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Guilty Pleasures