Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Will you read/watch the series you have actually finished before?
Yes, I actually read/watch them again after finish it 25 36.23%
No, I rarely read/watch stuffs I have finished previously 12 17.39%
Yes, but maybe after quite time 32 46.38%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

[General Discussion] Will you read/watch it again?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 01:33 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 01:33 AM #1 of 35
Will you read/watch it again?

Even though I burned and collected mangas into dvd, for some reason I feel wasting my time, because I (almost) never read the manga I have read previously. I dont know, I feel manga is only good when being read in first time. Lot of my manga in dvds is ended useless, only occupying spaces in my dvd. I only collect them for perfectionism purpose, and I probably never read them again.

The same also goes to anime, I almost never watch the same anime again except it's series I really like (for example, Rockman EXE).

How about you? Do you actually read/watch your collection again?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 01:43 PM #2 of 35
That heavily depends on how good it was and what kind of anime it was. (I'm talking about anime, it's hard for me to get into Manga...something about static pictures...but anyways...)

Anime series with heavy storylines or where the storyline plays an important role, I'm less inclined to rewatch*. This is more or less because if I've watched it once, I already know how the anime ends. Rewatching it doesn't give me much. Anime that fit into this category are the Fantasy/Sci-fi/Adventure genres, so, Personally, stuff like Utawarerumono, Chrono Crusade, Vision of Escaflowne, etc.

Stuff I would rewatch again would be anime of the genres Comedy/Romance/Slice of Life/Horror. They don't have nearly as large of a dependency on story line, so you can rewatch them and laugh/cry/scream at stuff all over again without losing too much of the initial experience. Stuff here includes Love Hina, Pita Ten, Maburaho, Lucky Star, etc.

*Alternatively, there's stuff that's just SO DAMN GOOD regardless of genre that I wouldn't mind watching all over again. For me, that's Tsubasa Chronicles and Erementar Gerad.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 02:53 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 02:53 PM #3 of 35
Oh absolutely. I've seen every anime I own at least twice, some numerous times (see: G Gundam). I rewatch stuff when I either can't find a new series to buy -- which there can be some big droughts in anime releases -- or there's nothing on TV. I've basically given up all hope on trying to completely watch a series more than 26 episodes long on TV -- too many repeats for those big 100+ episode series, like Inu Yasha. They replayed the first 26 like, seven times before moving on. It's ridiculous.

Manga's a little different. I usually read the same volume two or three times before the next release. I do that because a.) I enjoy it and b.) manga releases take sooo long between volumes it's hard to remember what's going on without some degree of memorization. Infinity Studios is publishing three series I'm really into; Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, Zero: Beginning of the Coffin and NOW, the prequel to CRYJ. Problem is, it takes sometimes three months for a volume to come out (although admittedly, the volumes make up for it. Nice dust jackets and a foldout poster as well. Sweet.). I'm having the same problem with Flame of Recca. Volume 23 came out a couple months ago, and it'sll be mid-August until the 24th one comes out. Bastards.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 08:25 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 06:25 PM #4 of 35
I watch/read series over again all the time. It has something to do with liking it, of course, but I have to say a large factor is also simply boredom. What better way to alleviate boredom than to watch or read something entertaining?

That said, I don't necessarily watch anime series again in their entirety. I tend to just skip around to my favorite bits and leave it at that. With manga I may be more comprehensive simply because it's a lot speedier reading that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 09:10 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 09:10 PM #5 of 35
I never re-read/re-watch series. I just can't get myself to devote the time. Usually when I pick up a series from where I left off, I will read the last volume to get my memory churning. Beyond that, it's close to impossible for me. It's a lot of time commitment that, I figure, can be used to get into a new series and broaden your scope.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:25 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 10:25 PM #6 of 35
I've re-read Manga and re-watched Anime quite often.

Anime: (most memorable/recent)
Robotech
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Azumanga Daioh
School Rumble (Term 1 & 2)

Manga:
Battle Angel Alita
Battle Angel Alita: Last Order
Maison Ikkoku
Hajime no Ippo
Flame of Recca
Berserk

I should re-read Full Metal Alchemist at some point =o Anyhow, I usually have a gap before I look toward them again. Comedies I can bounce back to faster, but for action series, I prefer not remembering all the details.

Anyhow, I've been in a re-watching sorta mood lately, but I think I'll throw my attention to something new. I downloaded Initial D, but the sound is bad. Got it going on a different torrent and we'll see if this is any better. I've heard good things~ =d

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 07:58 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 08:58 PM #7 of 35
I don't usually rewatch animes unless they're really good..and if it's funny (Ouran High School) I'd just choose the funny scenes, but I don't think I've rewatched any animes so far.

Manga's different, since it takes about 1-2 months for a new volume to be released, so you'd need to refresh your memory once in a while (like what SouthJag said). I know I've re-read SDKyo, Kenshin, NOW and a few others at least 3-5 times. Somehow I just prefer manga over anime since there's so much more detail in manga which makes it nice to look through it multiple times.

Manga's a little different. I usually read the same volume two or three times before the next release. I do that because a.) I enjoy it and b.) manga releases take sooo long between volumes it's hard to remember what's going on without some degree of memorization. Infinity Studios is publishing three series I'm really into; Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, Zero: Beginning of the Coffin and NOW, the prequel to CRYJ. Problem is, it takes sometimes three months for a volume to come out (although admittedly, the volumes make up for it. Nice dust jackets and a foldout poster as well. Sweet.). I'm having the same problem with Flame of Recca. Volume 23 came out a couple months ago, and it'sll be mid-August until the 24th one comes out. Bastards.
Hmm, isn't CRYJ the prequel to NOW instead of the other way round? Since CRYJ talks about O'Rhang Yhun and how he acquired Sashinmu. I'm currently reading NOW and it's really addicting.

How ya doing, buddy?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 08:02 AM #8 of 35
Like others said, I'd rewatch/reread anime/manga only if it's really good. Then again, I've read all my novels (ie, non manga) probably more than 10 times each already, so I guess the 'really good' part of my sentence doesn't really apply. I tend to reread more than I rewatch though, as it's easier than, ie you can read it anywhere as opposed to watching TV/movies where you have to sit and stay until it's over.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Freelance; Jul 26, 2007 at 08:06 AM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 08:31 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 08:31 AM #9 of 35
I've re-read Manga and re-watched Anime quite often.
Flame of Recca
Woohoo! Another Flame of Recca reader! I wish the next volume would hurry up and get released.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 08:46 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 08:46 PM #10 of 35
ahem, a bit out of topic, but I thought all of its volume have been scanlated already? =3 (unless you are the type who waits for official release instead of scanlation)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:41 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 12:41 AM #11 of 35
I tend to re-watch series/movies only if they had a significant emotional impact (naturally stuff like AIR, Kanon, Haibane Renmei, Millennium Actress and the AMG movie make the list).

Another choice would be the rare shows that never go stale, such as Azumanga Daioh and Guu.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:44 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 11:44 AM #12 of 35
SouthJag --
Just download them on gotlurk.net. Snoopy Cool may've had typos in the beginning but they're close to perfect later on. I read Recca in its entirety from beginning-to-end initially a few years ago =p Screw buying 'em. You probably have another 10 or 15 GNs to wait through.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 01:55 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 01:55 PM #13 of 35
Well, I do like buying the official releases cuz...well, it's to support my favorite series. With money. :3 But yeah, I do wanna read them all, so I can read em and buy 'em anyway!

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Jul 28, 2007, 01:42 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2007, 01:42 PM #14 of 35
Same with the others...I seldom re-watch or re-read any mangas/animes. The thing is that I have a very good memory that makes me remember the whole thing (story, plot, stupidity, or quote) in just one or two times. Even for some good animes/mangas that I like.

Well, expect for brainless/sadistic/bizzare animes/mangas, like Galaxy Angel (lovin' it!!!), Elfen Lied, Nodame Cantabile, etc. Keeps me laughing intact.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 05:48 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 05:48 AM #15 of 35
I generally don't re-read or re-watch anything in particular, at least not the whole way through. I will go back and watch memorable episodes or moments again just to see it, but other than that there are so many new or unwatched titles that if you want to progress to new stories you can't really go back to what you've already read or watched.

Though interestingly enough, Suzuka is about to become the first anime that I've watched AFTER reading the manga. I already know what's going to happen, but in this case there's special circumstances. The events going on there are very similar to events going on in my life now, so watching it occur holds special meaning to me.

FELIPE NO
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:35 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 10:35 PM #16 of 35
If I enjoy a series greatly I will re-watch it but only after some time has passed. Neon Genesis Evangelion, is on the yearly watch list along with other greats like Ghost in the Shell, Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, and a few others such as Cowboy Bebop, and just recently I placed Noein and Mushishi on my re-watch list.

I generally don't buy anything without knowing what it's going to be about so I make sure I get my money out of it. I'm not a big manga fan so I don't usually re-read them. The only exception is Monster which I find to be an absolutely incredible mystery thriller.

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2007, 09:05 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2007, 10:05 PM #17 of 35
I am the same as most members here, if a series is GREAT then I will sure to re-watch/re-read them again... and again I have bought a few series that is currently collecting 1cm dusts in my room and still pilling

I am more of a manga collector, and out of the 80+ different manga series I think I have re-read them all about 3 times min... other series such as Bleach, Hikaru no Go, Hajime no Ippo... and some other great series, I have always been lining them up as before-sleeping reading material.

I think TIME is a major issue that keeps me away from re-watching animes. PLUS all the new and interesting animes are keeping me occupied at all times

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2007, 10:09 AM #18 of 35
Don't really read manga all that much, but as far as anime goes I would definitely re-watch good ones...normally short series like DearS, that stuff is hilarious. I also re-watch series like Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Gundam Seed when I'm showing it to my friends for the first time. A quick word of wisdom: don't show DearS to any female friends...they won't want to watch any more episodes because "it's a guy anime".

Most amazing jew boots
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2007, 09:21 PM #19 of 35
That heavily depends on how good it was and what kind of anime it was. (I'm talking about anime, it's hard for me to get into Manga...something about static pictures...but anyways...)

Anime series with heavy storylines or where the storyline plays an important role, I'm less inclined to rewatch*. This is more or less because if I've watched it once, I already know how the anime ends. Rewatching it doesn't give me much. Anime that fit into this category are the Fantasy/Sci-fi/Adventure genres, so, Personally, stuff like Utawarerumono, Chrono Crusade, Vision of Escaflowne, etc.

Stuff I would rewatch again would be anime of the genres Comedy/Romance/Slice of Life/Horror. They don't have nearly as large of a dependency on story line, so you can rewatch them and laugh/cry/scream at stuff all over again without losing too much of the initial experience. Stuff here includes Love Hina, Pita Ten, Maburaho, Lucky Star, etc.

*Alternatively, there's stuff that's just SO DAMN GOOD regardless of genre that I wouldn't mind watching all over again. For me, that's Tsubasa Chronicles and Erementar Gerad.
You pretty much summed it up for me.

I Just can't take drama more than once.. just something about that stupid main char..then cheating on another girl..>.> I know not all drama's are like... just one of the few factors. But this is purely a case by case basis for drama though.. :3

Overkill
Syklis Green

Member 1892

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2007, 10:31 PM #20 of 35
It's very, very rare that I rewatch animes. But occasionally I give my self a refresher if I forget what X anime was about or want to see Y awesome scene, which is epic and memorable.

ApOkwARG
IDDQD

Member 23708

Level 7.77

Aug 2007

Old Aug 10, 2007, 06:01 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2007, 01:01 AM #21 of 35
I would only rewatch them after quite some time, right after would be a waste. A period of waiting makes the "reward" more significant if you get this craving for anime X again, much like Overkill explains. Currently i'm rewatching Hajime no Ippo, it's absolutely the best sports anime i've ever seen imo plus boxing kicks ass. Hate how they discontinued the animation but i'm glad the manga is still going strong

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:47 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2007, 09:47 PM #22 of 35
I always burn anime I've finished watching to DVD, but I don't often go back to watch them again. If the anime was especially good, I may go back to see my favorite episodes only, but rarely do I actually pick up the title again and watch from start to finish.

I know I still have some anime that I haven't even watched stored on DVD somewhere. During summer vacation, I have a little more time than usual, so I try to watch titles I haven't seen before. But finding time can be a challenge.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:20 AM #23 of 35
well i actually saw all my anime in a regular basis, an hour or so when im in bed before falling asleep, i think i've rurouni kenshin at least 6 or 8 times(on dvd much more on tv runs)

Most amazing jew boots
Roku
Looking towards a better tomorrow

Member 1255

Level 10.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:51 PM #24 of 35
I very rarely rewatch anime in its entirety, unless they really inspire me or are just so damn good. The only two series which did that were Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and Gurren Lagann (I've been watching segments of old episodes once in a while, am sure I'll rewatch the whole thing after its over).

That said, I often do find myself going back to series and watching little segments which I'd been fond of - but not rewatching the whole thing.

I reread manga alot in the past, less so now; I think its much easier to access, and because I used to own so few, I reread what I owned often. Nowadays, for mangas which span a long time, rereading is sometimes needed when loose ends (which may have first appeared years ago) are tied.

Garnet
Princess. ;d

Member 16676

Level 6.41

Dec 2006

Old Aug 28, 2007, 09:52 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2007, 08:52 AM #25 of 35
I'd watch the anime or the read the manga that I've finished again definitely! It'd probably have to be over a month or two before I did.

The only Anime I've actually ever finished watching completely is FullMetal Alchemist. Most of them are just so long! And the only manga I've ever actually read all the way through was Chobits. ^^; I've started on others,just gotta finish them now.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Will you read/watch it again?