Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] General Questions

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 11:10 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 11:10 PM #101 of 241
I got it from my crystal ball. Because I can predict the future, you see.

Also, since the series began airing in January 2006. The pattern Geneon has established with their North American releases says that they like to release series in North America a year after they began airing in Japan; examples of this include Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Gankutsuou, Ichigo Mashimaro and Starship Operators.

Logic strongly suggests that Fate/Stay Night will hit shelves here in January 2007.

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 11:22 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 11:22 PM #102 of 241
Hm. What about Champloo? That's been Geneon's big mainstream release as far as I know.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 11:42 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 11:42 PM #103 of 241
Samurai Champloo is different in that DVD 1 came out in January 2005 after airing in Japan starting in May 2004; it did, however, begin airing on Adult Swim in May 2005.

But Champloo is different in that it is a "mainstream" title for the North American market; anime with samurai and swordfighting and that stuff easily has wide appeal. Things like Fate/Stay Night, while sure hits, have a more restricted market; anime fans in general and Type-Moon fans will buy Fate, but Geneon can't count on casual fans who'll buy DVDs after seeing it on CN and liking it there. That strategy would require it being aired on CN to begin with, which isn't overly likely.

FELIPE NO
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 02:39 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 11:39 AM #104 of 241
Here's a quick question:

If one already owns the first 3 OSTs of Cowboy Bebop, is the fourth CD Vitaminless, worth getting? I know it has the Ending Theme which the others don't. But what about the rest of the tracks, are they already on the other CDs?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:28 AM #105 of 241
I've been enjoying the Shadow Star manga from Dark Horse. I'm currently up to volume 5, but I've read that later parts of the story have been heavily censored of its violent content. I can't find any information on what was censored though. Without spoiling anything, does anyone know what was censored/altered?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 02:36 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 02:36 AM #106 of 241
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I've been enjoying the Shadow Star manga from Dark Horse. I'm currently up to volume 5, but I've read that later parts of the story have been heavily censored of its violent content. I can't find any information on what was censored though. Without spoiling anything, does anyone know what was censored/altered?
I personaly can not tell you, but i can say that i have had good luck talking with darkhorse, so if you email them, you might gett an very very detailed answer

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 03:13 AM #107 of 241
Maybe once I finish the series. I wouldn't want to ruin the story while I'm still into it.

Next question. Can anyone tell me the name of the vocal song played during tonight's GITS: 2nd Gig episode (the one where Saito reminices how he met the Major; it plays while he begins telling the story).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
katchum
VGM forever!

Member 180

Level 35.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:26 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 08:26 PM #108 of 241
This may sound ridiculous but I have a problem with the Brain Powerd OST 1-2.

In OST 1 there is this song Music Box which has a strong melody. This melody I heard also in OST 2 but orchestrated. But now I listen to all the tracks again from OST 2 and I can't find the track that has that melody... Very odd. Can someone say which track it is?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:03 PM #109 of 241
Can't help you there, but in regards to my question, the episode title is Episode 14, Beware the Left Eye -- POKER FACE.

And the episode can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAShz...earch=ghost%21

Like before, I'm looking for the name of the song when Saito starts telling his story.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 06:16 PM #110 of 241
Ok, so I haven't watched anime in a while, well, the new stuff at least. I've asked for recommendations on the newer stuff before, but I haven't had much luck getting decent responses. What has been good, as in, is worth watching, from the seasons over the past year to two years? I'm generally a drama fan, preferably mixed with some action or mecha (Full Metal Panic, Gundam, etc...), although I am willing to give most anything a shot (I don't like harem shows though....). I basically just like a good story - Haibane Renmei was awesome for example.

Please help guys. The closest I've come to watching anything has been to check out the first three or four episodes of Ergo Proxy. I mostly test out shows to buy on R1 later on now. I think I've heard something about like Victorian Romance Emma or something like that? Maybe some Violin something or other show as well? Is Fate/Stay Night any good?

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 02:56 AM #111 of 241
Victorian Romance Emma is absolutely wonderful, but the anime stops where the second volume of the manga ends, which would give it a pretty unhappy ending (in a sense, depending how you look at it) lacking proper closure.

The manga however didn't end there and went on for at least five more volumes, the story constantly getting more and more wonderful and enchanting.

If you shy away from manga, give the anime a try. You will want to read the manga afterwards though, just like I did.

I haven't really watched any series of late, the only one I followed was Jyu Oh Sei, which was terrific. Drama, adventure, strange world and nice character designs. The OP is still awful, though

FELIPE NO

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jul 17, 2006 at 06:59 PM.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:11 PM #112 of 241
I actually prefer manga to anime... I am usually disappointed by the adaptations (manga to anime) because they are usually not true to the original. The Hajime no Ippo manga is a rare exception.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 03:39 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 11:39 AM #113 of 241
Well, the Emma manga is absolutely superb. I highly recommend reading it while listening to the Emma anime OST.

The anime is really good (very true to the manga) all around, the only problem was how they ran out of funding and had to end it at one season

I hope someone funds a further season at some point. Lack of funding makes baby Colin cry ;_;

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jul 18, 2006 at 03:44 AM.
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 09:49 PM #114 of 241
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
I actually prefer manga to anime... I am usually disappointed by the adaptations (manga to anime) because they are usually not true to the original.
I'm just the opposite. I prefer anime that diverges and changes the storyline of the manga. Fullmetal Alchemist is the best example I can think of. Radically different storylines, but both were able to make interesting worlds, stories, and characters.

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 10:01 PM #115 of 241
Originally Posted by Foshi
I'm just the opposite. I prefer anime that diverges and changes the storyline of the manga. Fullmetal Alchemist is the best example I can think of. Radically different storylines, but both were able to make interesting worlds, stories, and characters.
I cant say which i perfer, because some mangas,(IE Escaflowne and Nadesico) SUCK compaired to the anime, then there are the ones like RahXephon, Wolf's Rain and Fullmetal Alchemist that are almost completely diffirent stories, but BOTH very good in their own right, and then their are those how have a very similar story, ie Evangelion, first few books of Trigun and FMA which are great, even though it is the same story are WONDERFUL. It all depends on the anime/manga

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:30 AM #116 of 241
I'm pretty sure that Eva was an anime to manga adaptation.

About my previous questions guys...

Most amazing jew boots

Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:25 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 09:25 AM #117 of 241
Mucknuggle, I strongly recommend Mushishi. It's a journey series. No two episodes are the same. It's about a traveler who helps people that are having problems with ghost-like things that are not animal or plant. They are called Mushi and very few people can see them. Mushi basically live their lives the only way they know how, but that can have ill effects towards humans. A couple good examples are one Mushi eats peoples memories, and another takes the body of an unborn child and is born from a human. The soundtrack is a great piece of work. Featuring a lot of slow paced piano music and string instruments. Mushishi features a fair amount of drama, but is mostly fantasy. There are 26 episodes and 23 have been released so far.

I was speaking idiomatically.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 07:37 PM #118 of 241
What anime is this picture taken from?

Can somebody help me out?
What anime is this and what is the guy's name?

Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 07:40 PM #119 of 241
Originally Posted by gaming

Can somebody help me out?
What anime is this and what is the guy's name?
Rahxephon. His name is Ayato Kamina. Eva rip-off to the max. I really despise this series. It utterly fails in everything.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Foshi; Jul 19, 2006 at 08:25 PM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:04 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 08:04 PM #120 of 241
And I disagree. To a large extent, RahXephon did what Evangelion fans may have actually wanted, without going through two less-than-great endings to get there.

RahXephon has great animation and excellent voice-acting. The story does follow an Eva-ish pattern, although different in key aspects. The characters and story are also both quite compelling -- it's definitely worth checking out.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:18 PM #121 of 241
According to foshi's av and sig. it's proof enough ^^:.

Nah i liked Rah Xephon. And if i remember correctly, some of the staff from the eva series worked on rah xephon as well.

Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:27 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 08:27 PM #122 of 241
Originally Posted by chato
According to foshi's av and sig. it's proof enough ^^:.
I look at every anime with an open mind. Rahxephon just wasn't an enjoyable experience for me. The characters seemed devoid of originality, and yes the story was very much eva-esque.

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:29 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 08:29 PM #123 of 241
OHOHOH, it hurts me to hear that some one really believes like my 2 fav series are rip off of one of the other. RahXephon is similar in some pretinceses, but plot once some things at the begining play out, NOTHING alike expt for the fact that the main charaters are kinda emo and pilot a mech, they are VERY diffirent, VERY. I dont want to, and cant(because its been too long since i have seen both of them) to say the diffirences, but i watched them back to back last summer and found little tidbits where similar, but over each was is own very seperate being

Most amazing jew boots
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:04 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 09:04 PM #124 of 241
Evangelion is one of my personal favorites. I'm part of the reason ADV keeps pushing out merchandise. I own every iteration of the series on DVD and VHS.

You can take my views of Rah with a grain of salt. I stopped watching the series after the 13th episode when it aired on G4. My time is precious and Rah was wasting it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:16 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 09:16 PM #125 of 241
We obviously have different tastes, however you seem to completely hate RahXephon whereas I like both series fairly equally. I'd recommend that you continue watching it, since episode 13 is only halfway through the series -- of course, being an Evangelion fan you should know that the halfway mark means literally nothing in a 26-episode long series.

RahXephon and Evangelion are both quite good, so if you ever do get a free moment - and you feel like giving Rah another chance - I'd recommend picking it back up. If not, then have fun watching the umpteenth re-release special limited edition Director's Cut volume 245 of Evangelion. XD

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] General Questions