Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:12 PM #51 of 608
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
That's just some guy's drawings of what he heard the Wondercon trailer was like. He didn't see the footage.
Ah. I see, I see. I usually don't hang around SH sites or anything of that sort, so most of everything I hear about is from non-SH-based sites.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:53 PM #52 of 608
here's another really short animated gif floating around..

Spoiler:
I think it's a back shot of PH ripping the skin off "the poor girl." you can see the two characters in the way background at the doors.
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6...midhead7dh.gif

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:08 AM #53 of 608
Originally Posted by striped phantom
here's another really short animated gif floating around..

Spoiler:
I think it's a back shot of PH ripping the skin off "the poor girl." you can see the two characters in the way background at the doors.
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6...midhead7dh.gif
It's from the internet teaser and pretty much shows the finale of the WonderCon clip.

Double Post:
From Ain't It Cool News...

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Simo; Mar 8, 2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:11 AM #54 of 608
my bro showed me this clip of some convention where the lucky bastards were able to see the movie.. one of them was ..

Spoiler:
where cybil and that other chick are walking up to this building(quality was soo so.. buuut.) cause of the pyramid head is going after them. as soon as they were going to enter..it appeared with an innocent girl being held by him. he ripped off her clothes then squeezed the living shit out them then it stopped from there..my only guess is he probably ripped her tits off lol. but damn u.u....this is going to be a good movie [excuse me if im typing like this >=p]

did anyone catch that clip?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by chato; Mar 8, 2006 at 06:18 AM.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:24 AM #55 of 608
Originally Posted by chato
my bro showed me this clip of some convention where the lucky bastards were able to see the movie.. one of them was ..

Spoiler:
where cybil and that other chick are walking up to this building(quality was soo so.. buuut.) cause of the pyramid head is going after them. as soon as they were going to enter..it appeared with an innocent girl being held by him. he ripped off her clothes then squeezed the living shit out them then it stopped from there..my only guess is he probably ripped her tits off lol. but damn u.u....this is going to be a good movie [excuse me if im typing like this >=p]

No, but that's pretty disturbing. >_<

FELIPE NO
SenorKaffee
Cry mich ein river

Member 422

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 01:11 PM #56 of 608
For me it will be April 1st, since they show it a the Fantasy Filmfest Nights #4 in a cinema in Bochum. ^^

http://www.fantasyfilmfest.com/fanta...me/silent.html

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Everything´s getting better.
Nothing´s getting good.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:51 AM #57 of 608
Originally Posted by chato

Spoiler:

yeah... that was clip that was linked on the second page of this thread. :P

and

Spoiler:
he doesn't rip her tits off, just her whole skin :P

Most amazing jew boots

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:04 AM #58 of 608
Spoiler:
hahah, this would be one strange ass movie if only the tits were ripped off.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:45 AM #59 of 608
Originally Posted by galen
Yikes.

I'm not really one for the gore. I mean...I hope it has more of the sort of "ambient terror" that the games have, and not a lot of splatter shit.
The games were SO fucking splat. Seriously, the nasty implied/definite sex and realistically/overly gory violence (I mean that while the gore and blood level from the combat was over-the-top, it's a lot more realistic than, say, Resident Evil's gore content) are hallmarks of splat. I mean, jesus christ, each time you see Maria's dead body/watch her die, there's gore galore.

Let's also not forget Lisa's "transformation" at the end of SH1.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:26 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:26 AM #60 of 608
This movie looks like it's gonna rock hardcore. I should probably borrow Silent Hill 1 from my cousin and beat it so that I can really appreciate the movie. Pyramid Head looks freakin amazing. I absolutely love it, as you can all see from my new theme.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:32 PM #61 of 608
Another new image courtesy of CHUD:

Last edited by Simo; Mar 8, 2006 at 03:45 PM.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:08 PM #62 of 608
What's that in the posters? They don't look familiar...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 02:22 PM #63 of 608
I still am blown away by how the textile and rust washed art style of the game has seemed to even been enhanced from some images released of this movie. If it looks that surreal in motion, the movie will be worth it just for that.

How ya doing, buddy?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:24 PM #64 of 608
Originally Posted by xSummonerYUnax
What's that in the posters? They don't look familiar...
The first one is...
Spoiler:
...a new creature called "The Janitor".

Not sure on the official name for the second one but it kind of reminds me of the Insane Cancers from SH3. The last image looks like the miners from some of the earlier stills.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:29 PM #65 of 608

I totally support the "Janitor" design from the poster, but I do not support this, whatever it is. The appeal of SH's monsters is how they never have any distinct human features (eyes, nose, mouth, etc). This thing, on the other hand, looks more like a monster from The Suffering, or some other Rob Zombie type horror movie. It doesn't really fit for Silent Hill.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:29 PM #66 of 608
Looks like one of those creatures crawling within the walls during the final parts of Silent Hill 3, to me. I don't think it's meant to be a monster; not the kind you'd have to fight.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:33 PM #67 of 608
Originally Posted by SOLDIER

I totally support the "Janitor" design from the poster, but I do not support this, whatever it is. The appeal of SH's monsters is how they never have any distinct human features (eyes, nose, mouth, etc). This thing, on the other hand, looks more like a monster from The Suffering, or some other Rob Zombie type horror movie. It doesn't really fit for Silent Hill.
Wait, what? You support the "Janitor" design but at the same time you don't?

As for SH creatures lacking "eyes, noses and mouths", well that's not true...

Even some of SH1's creatures had full human faces including the puppet nurses and doctors. Gans isn't breaking any kind of rule or tradition, especially when Yamaoka fully approves of the design.

xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:29 PM #68 of 608
Originally Posted by SOLDIER

I agree. Despite its grotesque appearence, this thing just looks too 'normal' to be considered something that appears in SH. Although the Twin Victim has human features such as the face and hands, they are completely deformed. I'm not saying that this design isn't twisted enough. Maybe it'll fit more if it lost the face or the arms and legs. The Janitor's mouth kinda reminds me of Cynthia's mouth in SH4 minus the teeth.

This movie needs Robbie the Rabbit! Speaking of Robbie, here's a site that actually sells SH plushies.

http://www.setsunakou.com/ufo/silenthill.html

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:28 PM #69 of 608
Robbie the Rabbit is little more than a mere mascot.

galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:34 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 07:34 PM #70 of 608
Originally Posted by xSummonerYUnax
I agree. Despite its grotesque appearence, this thing just looks too 'normal' to be considered something that appears in SH.
Uhhh...

I think it looks fine. I'm trying to imagine the way it moves, as the pose it's in implies it doesn't exactly saunter along.

EDIT: To Wvlf: Yes, the games had blood and such but there is a difference between seeing a bloody mangled corpse and watching that person being mangled and bloodied and killed right before your very eyes. (There's also a significant difference between watching it happen to a 3D animated character and to a "person" regardless if it's "just a movie" or not.) It's hard for me to watch that sort of thing, whereas a dead body with guts hanging out isn't as difficult to look at.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by galen; Mar 8, 2006 at 09:41 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:48 PM #71 of 608
Quote:
Wait, what? You support the "Janitor" design but at the same time you don't?
Whoops, my mistake. I thought this thing here was the Janitor.

Anyway, like someone mentioned, the problem with the creature is that he looks TOO human. Heck, he could actually be human, just decked out in some freaky BDSM gear.

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:19 PM #72 of 608
Originally Posted by galen
EDIT: To Wvlf: Yes, the games had blood and such but there is a difference between seeing a bloody mangled corpse and watching that person being mangled and bloodied and killed right before your very eyes. (There's also a significant difference between watching it happen to a 3D animated character and to a "person" regardless if it's "just a movie" or not.) It's hard for me to watch that sort of thing, whereas a dead body with guts hanging out isn't as difficult to look at.
Ah. I guess that's part of my "disconnect," where if it's fake and I know it's fake, I can handle just about anything, but show me real blood and I can't deal with it. That's part of why I love gore and shit in movies. It can be extremely fucking gross, but I can handle it because there's a part of my mind that knows it's not real. Discovery channel surgery, on the other hand, is a no-no.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:05 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:05 AM #73 of 608
Any news on the composer issue? I'm listening to some Yamaoka right now and the thought of having someone to work on the movie's score who was involved with Resident Evil Apcalypse makes me feel nauseous. (I still need to climb a hill and bark/cry at the moon for the Castlevania movie.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:08 AM #74 of 608
I belive Yamaoka is doing the score.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 02:00 AM #75 of 608
Originally Posted by Cyrus XIII
Any news on the composer issue? I'm listening to some Yamaoka right now and the thought of having someone to work on the movie's score who was involved with Resident Evil Apcalypse makes me feel nauseous. (I still need to climb a hill and bark/cry at the moon for the Castlevania movie.)
Despite previous reports Yamaoka himself said that he is working on some new material for the film in the new issue of EGM...
Quote:
EGM: How does the score for the film compare to that of the games?
AY: I didn't really want to change the style too much, I wanted the game and the film to mesh.

EGM: Any vocal tracks for the film?
AY: There may be some vocal tracks, but I don't want them to interfere with the atmosphere of the film--instrumental score provides a better balance.

EGM: What was the process like for composing the film's score?
AY: Actually, I'm just starting now--and by seeing the film I got immediate inspiration for how certain tracks would fit into the film. I'm actually really inspired after seeing Christophe's film.
From UGO..

Last edited by Simo; Mar 9, 2006 at 02:12 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie