Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] LOST
Closed Thread

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:55 PM #126 of 1091
I think you're right to an extent. I still think they bring it up not frequently enough, or at least the obvious things don't concern them as much as they should. I don't think every episode should open with, "Man, I wonder where Michael is?" but we should be reminded somehow that people are missing.

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 02:21 PM #127 of 1091
The only thing about the show that I really hate is the long breaks inbetween eps. It's getting pretty stupid that the show only comes on twice a month, if that.

I'm guessing that Sun probably got knocked up by those dudes that she was kidnapped by, or maybe Jin was magically healed like Locke.

One thing that's kinda bothered me...

In the ep where they run into the others and Kate is captured and traded back for some of the guns, the head "other" says something like: "This is our island, and we let you on it blah blah blah." Why didn't Jack and the other dudes speak up and say something like, "Look buddy, we don't wanna be here. We're just trying to survive until we can get off this rock. Maybe since you guys have a boat you wouldn't mind giving us a ride somewhere since you don't want us here anyways."

FELIPE NO
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:43 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 10:43 PM #128 of 1091
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
In the ep where they run into the others and Kate is captured and traded back for some of the guns, the head "other" says something like: "This is our island, and we let you on it blah blah blah." Why didn't Jack and the other dudes speak up and say something like, "Look buddy, we don't wanna be here. We're just trying to survive until we can get off this rock. Maybe since you guys have a boat you wouldn't mind giving us a ride somewhere since you don't want us here anyways."
It wasn't exactly a roundtable discussion type of situation.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:45 PM #129 of 1091
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
I'm guessing that Sun probably got knocked up by those dudes that she was kidnapped by...
You realize those "dudes" was Charlie, right.

I also wish they'd do a little more focusing on the characters instead of all the craptastic shit thats going on. O HEY HENRY GALE. Let's cut to the chase with him, alright? He's not terribly interesting.

Alice, am I the only one who is MILDLY ANNOYED at the completely irrelevant flashbacks? O jeez, Sun can't have kids because Jinn is a fuck-up. WHAT ELSE IS NEW.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:51 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 02:51 PM #130 of 1091
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
You realize those "dudes" was Charlie, right.
Oh shit! You're correct and I'm dumb for not being able to remember like 3 eps back! Then again, that was like a month ago. I hate all this neverending hiatus crap.

Most amazing jew boots
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:03 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 09:03 PM #131 of 1091
The long breaks can be attributed to March Madness.

Whoo, basketball. *twirls finger in the air*

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:27 PM #132 of 1091
I don't think there should be that many gaps to endure for a while. LOST, like many shows, has fewer episodes than weeks in a season. I don't know if rare episodes is as bad as waiting from December until March, but what's made people upset is how there hasn't been a consistent line of episodes. We waited two weeks, and we get two new episodes, but I'm wondering if there will be a new episode after "Lockdown" which is coming up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:24 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:24 PM #133 of 1091
Yeah, there's another episode the following week after "Lockdown" on 4/5
But according to tv.com, the next one won't be until 4/26.
(If you're planning to visit that site, there's some slight spoilers in their episode summaries for future eps.)

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:18 PM #134 of 1091
My guess is that by 4/26 it'll be a consistent run up until the season finale? Who knows.

On an unrelated note, this is floating around the web and no one can completely verify or discredit its authenticity. IMO what kills it for me is the lack of a tiny model of the station's computer. You'll all have your reasons against from the first viewing, here are the reasons for.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:26 PM #135 of 1091
Originally Posted by Eleo
My guess is that by 4/26 it'll be a consistent run up until the season finale? Who knows.

On an unrelated note, this is floating around the web and no one can completely verify or discredit its authenticity. IMO what kills it for me is the lack of a tiny model of the station's computer. You'll all have your reasons against from the first viewing, here are the reasons for.
I think it's just a really well-made fan video.

The actor was pretty amaturish (at least I recognized the asian guy from other things), and the mic recording wasn't the same kind of quality. Not to mention they didn't film anything other than in that little room (the first video showed some B-Roll of the project).

Just something to start rumors or generate hype.

FELIPE NO
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:33 PM #136 of 1091
Perhaps the poor acting was intentional; realistically not every scientist is super charismatic during an orientation filming. Can't judge mic recording since it's a flash video.

True on the B-roll of the project.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:04 PM #137 of 1091
Holy SHIT tonight's episode was fucking awesome.

I am going to put spoilers on this just because it JUST ended:

Spoiler:
So it looks like Henry is actually a black dude that this captive killed? Maybe his gay lover?

Also, whats up with the randomness of the lock down and that QUESTIONMARK shit. I wonder if thats been there the ENTIRE TIME and no one was ever there to see it. I think its blueprints for all of the other hatches. But I'm insane. I AM SO EXCITED.

Also, looks like next week, Hurley finally goes insane. FINALLY.

VeryLaZ
Carob Nut

Member 653

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:08 PM #138 of 1091
After seeing this episode im more inclined to believe that the "real" sawyer is Locke's father.

Locke's intrest in the name sawyer in a previouse epidode, and the constant conning his father is doing only supports the theory.

Also, I wonder what the writing on the wall meant, with the "?" mark,that could only be seen with a black light, looked like all the hatches were conneceted to it, some sort of doomday device? More questions then answers....

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:12 PM #139 of 1091
Yeah. HOLY FUCKING CRAP. Finally a good episode this year. That was ridiculous. Now the viewer is more lost than ever (osnap!).

Originally Posted by "Henry" on the season until tonight.
Nothing happened.
For truth.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:24 PM #140 of 1091
I also have been thinking lately that Anthony is Sawyer's father, making Locke and Sawyer brothers (but I could easily imagine by different mothers).

Was today's episode really that great? Henry is not who he says he is, but I'm still not convinced he's an other, as they've been more malevolent in the past. Also, Henry's "plan"/cliffhanger on how he was gonna catch Ana/Sayid/Charlie was not true at all.

Then again, according to spoilers:
Spoiler:
Henry is supposed to explain to Locke that the hatch is not what he thinks it is.

I simply think Henry is a liar/deceiver but he is not 100% on anyone's side. I don't think he's a bad guy, either, as demonstrated by his care for Locke. Henry could have run away in the time it took to help him. He didn't. But he probably didn't count on his secret identity being uncovered either.

Waiting on a hi res screencap of the blast door under the blacklights.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:33 PM #141 of 1091
Originally Posted by Eleo
I also have been thinking lately that Anthony is Sawyer's father, making Locke and Sawyer brothers (but I could easily imagine by different mothers).
How would that work, though?

"Sawyer" was the guy who conned James's mother and caused his father to kill her, I thought.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:34 PM #142 of 1091
Now I'm just confused.

Double Post:
Oh right, I meant Anthony = Sawyer, not (younger) Sawyer's father.

Last edited by Eleo; Mar 29, 2006 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:43 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:43 PM #143 of 1091
Also, Locke's daddy mentioned conning two people in retirement funds. I want to assume that it was just one who entered Locke's house (other dude just a bodyguard or something... or maybe even both were hitmen/PIs). The revelation of the other one may prove to be interesting. I'm not sure about Locke and "Sawyer" being brothers, but I do like the notion that Locke's dad may be The Real Sawyer. Please stand up. Please stand up.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:20 AM #144 of 1091
I think everyone's forgetting the real question; Did Henry push the button in time, or did he let it go off (thus, while not causing any noticible changes, may warrant some future repurcutions)?

I was convinced Henry wasn't who he said he was the moment he "memorized" the numbers as fast as he did. He clearly knows about them. Whether he knows about everything concerning the hatch, though, remains to be seen.

I've been a giant fan of this show the moment it premiered. It is literally the only live program I make sure to catch every week. I own the DVD boxset for season 1 as well.

So why haven't I joined in this thread? I didn't want to get too caught up in all the rumors posted around the net. Even if the majority turn out false, there's always the chance a couple of them could be legit. And this is a show I honestly refuse to spoil in any shape or form. But, it turns out that guessing what could happen next is part of the fun, so consider me subscribed.

I have plenty of goods and bads about Season 2, but the most major complaint I had was with Anna Lucia. It was a big twist, having her accidently kill Shannon, but it would have worked better if the writers hadn't established her as such an unlikeable bitch (and ironically, Shannon had evolved past that previous title). I wanted Sayid to kill her.

The conversation between her and Sayid in the previous episode did redeem her somewhat. She's still guilt-ridden over what she did, like she should be, but Sayid's reasoning for forgiving her (or at least tolerating her) helped bring a sense of closure to the whole thing. I still wouldn't trust her with a gun though.

Also, I'm very mixed on what they're doing with Charlie. Having him fall under a downward spiral that could lead to further betrayals is interesting (moreso since he still hasn't gotten back to using, at least as far as we know). But I always viewed Charlie as the "little buddy" of the group, even though we still have Hurly for that. The real problem I have is that the writers once mentioned that Charlie was the last person they would get rid of, considering his popularity (and LOTR fame). The Evil Charlie angle loses a little steam if he's never going to die from it. Personally, I hope he'll somehow be able to redeem himself, though if anyone ever finds out he was involved in Sun's attack, then it's game over for Charlie.

Finally, while it's never been debated here, I'd like to toss the question on who everyone thinks is the best fighter in the group. My money goes to Sayid, especially the way he owned Eko after Shannon's death.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 05:02 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 04:02 AM #145 of 1091
Anyone remember the episode where Locke didn't push the button in time and the timer went crazy?
I'm thinking the same happened again because when the alarm stopped, you can hear (I'm guessing the timer) flipping and machinery sounding like it's turning on.

Also the thing about Henry being able to memorize all the numbers that quickly caught my speculations as well. Or maybe he's just really good at memorization.

And I guess there is going to be a new episode for the following weeks of 4/5 and 4/12 or maybe I shouldn't trust www.tv.com/lost anymore for giving me false info last week :doh:

glow in the dark wall pics:
http://www.djkev.com/Pics/KevsLostHatchMap.jpg
http://lost-media.com/modules/copper...wn-caps530.jpg

with some notes made by fans..
http://www.thehatchonline.com/images/dharmadoor.jpg

Last edited by makura; Mar 30, 2006 at 05:21 AM.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:47 AM #146 of 1091
Henry is a big mystery; since we've been tricked over and over again as to his real identity, right now I am not sure that he is actually an Other in the true sense of the word.

As far as the button pushing, he could have:
1. Pushed it.
2. Not pushed it.
3. Input something other than the numbers.

In relation to the lights going off, the voices on the speakers, the blacklights coming on, and blast doors coming/up and down, there's no sound pattern that can be derived from the timing of any of these events.

Then of course, the "lockdown" could have had something to do with the ration drop. Then again, why would it? People on the beach missed the event anyway. Which brings up another mystery: how did food get dropped? If it were a plane, they would have heard it for sure. Perhaps the food wasn't dropped? But then, why would it have a parachute attached to it, unless the intention is to confuse.

I like how the door doesn't even say anything significant, really. Obviously production team knew it would be deciphered within a day of its appearance and made all the writing on it very cryptic. The best it does is leave us with the question, "what's in the middle?" I'm wondering if that's what the security system actually protects.

Most amazing jew boots
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:04 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 06:04 PM #147 of 1091
Spoiler:
I don't really think that Henry is the bad dude, either. I think the story with the balloon was a lie and now he's shocked that the balloon actually existed and some guy with his name's buried there. I mean, it's all way too obvious if you ask me.

Also,

Spoiler:
did somebody else notice the silver Mercedes on the hotel parking site? Did the two guys follow John or her girlfriend? What happened? Nobody knows...

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:18 PM #148 of 1091
I want to know what happened to his 200,000 bucks. Fuck proposing to your girlfriend, you just don't walk out of a hotel room and leave 200,000 bucks on the table. I don't care who you are.

Also, during the lockdown, that sort of window covered by a grate closed. Is this some type of tunnel?

The bunker itself looked like it wasn't meant to be entered from the outside. The hatch did not have a handle. At best it looked like whoever was inside was allowed to get out, but people outside were not supposed to get in. I got the feeling that Locke and co. barged in when they shouldn't have; perhaps earlier than intended, if they ever were intended. It almost appears that under normal circumstances you end up in the bunker a totally different way. Locke entered it thinking it was his fate, but obviously he's forcing his way. There was already a dude in there doing his thing; no one else was needed.

That ? in the middle of the map looks like some central hub from which one accesses the other stations in a less destructive way. Anyone thinking the same thing?

rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:24 PM #149 of 1091
I wonder if the "cerberus activity" and "cerberus system" is the same as the monster/security system.

It's probably just the name of the monster, but still an interesting description of it if they are the same.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 05:03 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 03:03 PM #150 of 1091
Also, the whole deal with "Henry" falling on his way up to the grate. Was that sole purpose only to add to the suspense, i.e. buy time? Or maybe he is some sort of "other" and that fall may have made him remember something he is? It's probbly nothing afterall.

I'm still sure Jin aka Agent Baker is gonna get off the island at some point to go help Jack... Bauer. He'll be like "fuck this shit" and just start walking into the water. He'll resurface and be back at Los Angeles to help Jack take down the man behind it all.

Holy crap, it's all coming together now.

waka waka

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] LOST