Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Why is the murder rate in the US so high?
Closed Thread

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:35 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2008, 12:35 AM #1 of 83
Quote:
I'm not pretending that felons don't have means to obtain firearms. Very few gun murders are committed with guns that are licensed to the killer, I'd imagine. But that's no reason to make it easy for everyone to pick up a gun.
It's pretty simple to get a gun illegally regardless of the laws. The guns just have to disappear from the system. They're either "stolen" and have the serial numbers filed off, or they're produced in black market shops.

So long as guns are ubiquitous, there will also be a lot of illegal firearms floating around. You can't stop it short of draconian measures that shouldn't have to be put up with.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:46 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2008, 12:46 AM #2 of 83
Quote:
(where it's easier to get a gun legally than illegally)
Shouldn't this be considered a good thing? If legally owned firearms were being used in crimes that'd make them easier to track.

I think you're confusing the issue of how guns are acquired illegally in the first place.

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 02:48 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 02:48 AM 1 #3 of 83
Maybe the reason so many blacks are criminals has more to do with drugs being one of the few ways to make money in the ghettos besides prostituting, than 50 Cent.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:08 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 05:08 PM #4 of 83
White kid doesn't understand crime causation and black culture? Well I never.

Quote:
Murder then turns out to a way of making more money, of finding your way out of the ghetto, of actually having a comfortable standing in life.
In black markets, murder is a tool to force out competition or to guarantee the honoring of informal contracts. That's what happens when business can't be run legitimately.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:11 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 05:11 PM 2 #5 of 83
Did you stop to think that maybe violent music is symptomatic of a problem and not the cause of it?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:16 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 05:16 PM #6 of 83
So you think that Immortal Technique has more influence in regards to the "Don't Snitch" movement than police abuses and their incompetent protection of state's witnesses?

Just keep riding bikes around your cul-de-sac, honky. Tipper Gore could not link causation to suggestive lyrics, what makes you think you're right?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:32 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 05:32 PM #7 of 83
Rap music is only indicative of what people already think. Music speaks to people because it plays to their state of mind. If Public Enemy spoke to a disenfranchised demographic, it shouldn't have been surprising that a large portion of their fanbase was young white suburbanites.

Your claim that rap music influences behavior doesn't hold water, since the hyper masculine and misogynistic culture existed before Hip Hop was even folk music.

Blacksploitation Films embodied similar problems with black culture long before rap.

YouTube Video

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:43 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 05:43 PM #8 of 83
People do the soulja boy because they're retards, but soulja boy didn't make them retards, therefore QED you are an idiot.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:52 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 05:52 PM #9 of 83
Right, but you haven't shown why we should care about soulja boy's influence. Bad Rap is not a problem that needs to be addressed, it's the society that creates bad rappers like soulja boy, but you continue to insist on beating the Hip Hop stick like the uninformed middle class cracker you are.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Why is the murder rate in the US so high?