Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The OFFICIAL 2006 MLB Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:29 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 12:29 PM #1 of 152
The OFFICIAL 2006 MLB Discussion Thread

Well, America's favorite pasttime is just around the corner now. The buzz is in the air already, with both A-Rod and The Boss calling for a championship, and perennial powerhouse, Pittsburgh, looks to make another strong run at it.

Seriously, though, I'm looking forward to another fun and exciting baseball season. Some of my favorites coming in have to be St. Louis, who so narrowly missed out two years back, and look to be even stronger this year.

Also, what do you guys think about Bonds going for one last season? Do you want to see him break Ruth and Aaron's records? I know I sure as hell don't want to see an *alleged* steroid user (Fucking look at him when he was on Pittsburgh, then look at a photo of him now. Foreheads do not grow that much in adulthood.) stomping all over one of the greatest records in all of sports.

So, discuss.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:39 PM #2 of 152
Hahahaha, the Pirates are going to be out of the playoff run in May/June. We both know it.

The Red Sox are an interesting story. Sure they'll probably still be among the top 2 in the AL East, but will they make the playoffs? I'm more curious about the O's and the Jays...will they threaten to crack the top 2 midway through the season?

As for Bonds, I really don't care. The major records won't be legitimately broken ever again it seems, so whether he breaks it or not is irrelevant and probably a mtter of time either way. (At least Ruth's number is easily surpassable.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:58 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:58 PM #3 of 152
I hope the Astros go to the World Series again this year. I hope they win or at the very least not get swept like last year. The Astros getting swept really hurt.

xman25

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:00 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:00 PM #4 of 152
As the resident Braves fan, I always have great expectations going into spring training and by year end I am typically mildly disappointed. But that's ok, to me in baseball, it is the journey which is important, not the destination.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
stormshadow
Syklis Green

Member 171

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:05 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:05 PM #5 of 152
Well since baseball is here I will make my predictions. Yankees go back to the series this year and win one again. Most likely this will end being a subway World Series again. The Mets have brought in some top notch talent. The Yankees were truly lacking a good defensive CF last year as Bernie was getting older and slower. Now with Damon at least that hole will not be as empty. Damon is much quicker in CF, the only question mark in my mind about him is his weak arm.

Most amazing jew boots
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:12 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 01:12 PM #6 of 152
I predict that the Mets will be the biggest dissapointment of the year, and will be missing the playoffs. Either that or an early exit.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:18 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 04:18 PM #7 of 152
Originally Posted by russ
As the resident Braves fan, I always have great expectations going into spring training and by year end I am typically mildly disappointed. But that's ok, to me in baseball, it is the journey which is important, not the destination.
RESIDENT? Umm no.

Anyway, looking forward to the Braves owning again. Hudson was just named the starter by the way.

FELIPE NO
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:27 PM #8 of 152
Well since the Orioles are well known as a clutch baseball team, I'm confident they'll be a dominant presence in the AL East, bringing New York and Boston to their knees.

I sure hope we break .500 for the first time in a billion years. At least Curly (Sidney Ponson) is finally gone.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:40 PM #9 of 152
As a Canadian baseball fanatic, I'm definitely excited about the Jays new line up. Yet, being a life long Red Sox devotee, I expect the worst. I hate to admit it, but the Yankees line up is looking awfully good this year. I expect them to take the ALC, and if this happens, I'd love to see the Mets win a subway series (yeah, right).

Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:07 PM #10 of 152
Capo I know you are like me and you are a legit Pittsburgh fan, but even I know that the Pirates will never get to the playoffs for as long as I live. It dosen't matter who they sign or how many dicks they suck it will never happen.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:10 PM #11 of 152
Originally Posted by Wojo
Capo I know you are like me and you are a legit Pittsburgh fan, but even I know that the Pirates will never get to the playoffs for as long as I live. It dosen't matter who they sign or how many dicks they suck it will never happen.
I think Capo was being sarcastic there. =P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
stormshadow
Syklis Green

Member 171

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:11 PM #12 of 152
Wojo it is the same way for the KC Royals fans here in KS. They suffer through year after year after year of the same old crap.

Thank god I like the Yanks.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:13 PM #13 of 152
I was being sarcastic, but I do think we might be able to pull off 3rd or 4th in the division, even though our signings were all old, over-the-hill players. Still, gotta root for them Buccos.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:16 PM #14 of 152
Heh yeah I kind of catch the sarcasm now. Good thing Pirate tickets are cheap. I just go to see PNC Park to be honest. It's a really nice place.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:20 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:20 PM #15 of 152
It's fucking beautiful, and you know that's hard to achieve in the desolate wasteland that is Pittsburgh. Seats behind homeplate on the second level make for a great view of the field, and the skyline. I love it, epecially since my mom gets tickets from her clients all the time. Also, I may be able to get tickets to the All Star Game and hopefully the Home Run Derby. I can't wait!

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:23 PM #16 of 152
P.S.: World Baseball Classic: not a bad idea. Too bad the names are dropping like flies, but there's still a lot of talent in there.

How ya doing, buddy?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:16 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:16 PM #17 of 152
Originally Posted by The Dopefish
P.S.: World Baseball Classic: not a bad idea. Too bad the names are dropping like flies, but there's still a lot of talent in there.
No shit. Manny, Pedro, and Vlad all out for the Dominican. It's too bad really.
What I'm really waiting to see is if a team like South Africa, with no players who have ever been in a professional system, can compete in the slightest with any other nation. I expect not, but it would be interesting to see all the Major League stars falling to a bunch of unknowns.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:18 PM #18 of 152
Yeah, I thought the Dominican was going to win for sure, but now it looks like the US might be able to snag this one. Glad A-Rod chose to play for us. And, yeah, this was a great idea, especially considering the US can't even qualify for the Olympics with the shitty turnout it gets.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:19 PM #19 of 152
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
No shit. Manny, Pedro, and Vlad all out for the Dominican. It's too bad really.
What I'm really waiting to see is if a team like South Africa, with no players who have ever been in a professional system, can compete in the slightest with any other nation. I expect not, but it would be interesting to see all the Major League stars falling to a bunch of unknowns.
That happens in other sports all the time (Olympic basketball, for example).

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:24 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:24 PM #20 of 152
Born and raised in St. Louis. Looking forward to the new stadium and another great year.

I turn my back on Bonds. He's a Grade-A asshole and does not deserve to get any honorable home run record. I wish him nothing but the worst of injuries to keep him from playing.

Most amazing jew boots
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:25 PM #21 of 152
Red Sox will fall horribly, not making the playoffs. Blue Jays and Mets will do amazing this year.

I'm looking at the Yankees (who did well this offseason) to make the playoffs and even the World Series.

Another Subway series would be a great watch and this year it's entirely possible.

I was speaking idiomatically.
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:36 PM #22 of 152
Originally Posted by Capo
I predict that the Mets will be the biggest dissapointment of the year, and will be missing the playoffs. Either that or an early exit.
No way, you must be on crack. The Mets were a great disappointment when they acquired Mo Vaughn and Roberto Alomar. They made a few key aquisitions last year, not all of them worked out, but still, they were in the rebuilding process. This is their year. They got a closer. They got a deeper bullpen. They have new power added with the speed of Reyes and the consistency of Wright. This is their year.

Additional Post

Hey, I managed to line up the "this is their year's"

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:08 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:08 PM #23 of 152
Wow! It's already that time of the year again. I'd be happy if the Cubs lost their first game and the White Sox win their first game.

Most amazing jew boots
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:10 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:10 AM #24 of 152
Originally Posted by Bahamut Zero
RESIDENT? Umm no.

Anyway, looking forward to the Braves owning again. Hudson was just named the starter by the way.
Man, I've been a Braves fan since you were in diapers.

But seriously, I think Hudson is going to have a big year this year, and I expect Chipper and Andruw to both put up monster seasons, keeping the pressure off of the younger guys like Francoeur and McCann. I don't know why people are suggesting that Giles wouldn't be a good leadoff hitter. He is a solid hitter who gets on base and can make a pitcher work. Just because he doesn't have blazing speed, apparently he is not leadoff material. A lineup of Giles, Renteria, Chipper, Andruw, LaRoche, Francoeur, McCann, Langerhans sounds like a good recipe for success to me. We've just got to get lucky with some overachieving performances from a few bullpen guys.

A friend of mine is trying to get us box seats for the home opener, so I'm really hoping that happens. Either way, I am going to the home opener. Too bad I'll be seeing the number 4 starter...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
goldeneye2131
Din, Farore, Nayru

Member 2134

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:09 PM #25 of 152
Finally....a thread I could get used to...

I saw baseball on TV today and was already hooked, I've signed up for a few fantasy baseball leagues (If anyone is looking for another person to join their league...) and am ready to start watching my favorite stars: Francisco Rodriguez and Miguel Cabrera!!! Otherwise I was grown on Cal Ripken and have been an Orioles fan for quite some time...we'll see what happens with that.....

As for my thoughts on this season, I'm still hoping for the Yankees to not win the AL East (and I think the Red Sox can finally do it). As for some of the stars, I'm hoping that my 40-40 favorites will finally come through....Hopefully Beltran has a better season, Vlad, and A-Rod...

Most amazing jew boots
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The OFFICIAL 2006 MLB Discussion Thread