Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

windows media player problems

gymparasite
GTO

Member 4270

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:33 PM #1 of 7
Unhappy windows media player problems

hello. my windows media player 10 was working fine playing dvds but a few minutes later, my worst nightmare came true. I downloaded realplayer 10.5 and my windows media player no longer plays sound for dvds. the media player still can play dvd video but no sound. it can still play music cds with sound. yes i tried many dvds. many of which worked a day before i downloaded realplayer. i tried clean installing both programs: windows media player and realplayer. then installing only windows media player 10. still no sound from only dvds. next i used system restore. still problem presist. next i upgraded to windows media player 11beta. still same problem. i even downloaded a codec packet from microsoft.com and updated all drivers. still does not solve problem. my last resore was to call the help support from dell. dell cannot help me. i talked to a computer tech X2 he cannot help me. my final attempt was to check for file corruption by running SFC /scannow. but did not help. PLEASE someone help me!!!!!!!!! i really like windows media player and want to fix it.
other notes: i have 5 different players on my computer all works fine except windows media players dvd sound. they are: quick player, divx, media center, media player, realplayer(at the end, i reinstalled realplayer since i cant solve the problem anyway). my system specs are: dell e510. pentium D 2.8ghz, 1 gig ram, geforce 7300LE graphic card. any suggessions??????please help. if u solve this problem for me i will be your grateful friend who will hook ups. please do not suggest format my computer. this i really do not want to do.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
subferno
Syklis Green

Member 1456

Level 6.62

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 10:56 PM #2 of 7
Have you checked the settings in Media Player 10? Go to Tools/Options/DVD. See if you have a DVD audio decoder there and if it is the correct one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 06:51 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 12:51 PM #3 of 7
You know, there is always VLC...

Most amazing jew boots
gymparasite
GTO

Member 4270

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:52 PM #4 of 7
i know there are other players. my heart is set on media player. also i have media player 11 and cannot degrade so i cant check the settings. i will try that

Double Post:
i just tried that dont work. it saids i have nero and i enabled the speakers and sterio sound. help

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by gymparasite; Aug 10, 2006 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 04:04 AM #5 of 7
download this and use it to remove Real from your pc. The google around for something called Real Alternative, it's not hard to find. I'd try to remove quicktime also and go for quicktime alternative.

After that, install VLC and also CCCP.

Then you'll be fine.

Or you could insist on still using WMP and still maybe have problems.

I was speaking idiomatically.
gymparasite
GTO

Member 4270

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 04:01 PM #6 of 7
so no one has solutions on fixing my media player except to use another program?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 05:58 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 11:58 PM #7 of 7
That tends to be a common trend with Microsoft software, sorry.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > windows media player problems