Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Guitar Hero

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 03:59 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 01:59 PM #76 of 155
I was actually wondering about how they went about doing the covers for some of the songs. I mean, some of the vocals sound way to close to be a cover band, so I was wondering how it might have been done. When tracks are originally recorded, they have all the parts recorded individually, right? So for the game, did they just redub their own custom guitar track to go along with the rest of the music?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:07 PM #77 of 155
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
I was actually wondering about how they went about doing the covers for some of the songs. I mean, some of the vocals sound way to close to be a cover band, so I was wondering how it might have been done. When tracks are originally recorded, they have all the parts recorded individually, right? So for the game, did they just redub their own custom guitar track to go along with the rest of the music?
Being familiar for most of the songs, I can say that all the vocals were re-done, some not as well, and some really well. I imagine that they'd try to get as close to the original singers as possible than to half ass it. All the recordings are completely original, and as far as I know, do not use anything from the original versions. There's credits to the people who did the covers in the manual I believe.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:33 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 10:33 AM #78 of 155
The only song I remember not being a cover was the RHCP one because their sound is ALOT different and hard to duplicate.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:21 PM #79 of 155
Originally Posted by sprouticus
They did, and I have it. The Miralce Keyboard system for SNES

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewarpzone/piano.html

It's worth a look.

Anyway, has anyone seen this? There's a secret song in this game called Tripolette that is only unlockable through Action Replay, and someone posted a video of them playing it. It's FUCKING INSANE.

EDIT - CORRECT LINK

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_BgqlcCPF4

Enjoy that.
I was wondering why there was no prog-rock in there, sad that it turns out that there is.

FELIPE NO
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 09:27 PM #80 of 155
Originally Posted by Slash
The only song I remember not being a cover was the RHCP one because their sound is ALOT different and hard to duplicate.
No, that's most certainly a cover.

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 09:43 PM #81 of 155
Yeah. That's so not Antony Keidis singing, plus the guitar tone is slightly different. I mean, that's about the only RHCP song one of our local stations played for years, so I kinda had it drilled into my head.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:58 PM #82 of 155
I finally beat Bark at the Moon on Expert yesterday. Luck was all that got me there, really, and getting as much star power as I could. Needed to use the star power first after the last fast part in the first solo (the part where it runs back and forth up the neck, then goes out of control), and then tried to last as *long* as I could before using star power in the outro solo. When it ran out, I tried my damndest to finish and BARELY did, with my rock meter in the pulsing red. I swear if there had been 4 more notes I would have failed. (which I did before, I failed the song at 98% =( that was very discouraging)

Also, upon reading a gamefaq on it, I had not understood how to do hammer ons and pull offs until...yesterday. I don't remember the tutorial mentioning that black circled notes had to be picked and open white notes could be hammer on'd, pulled off. That helped tremendously with improving my scores in other songs.

(but for an integral game skill, I'm surprised I got through EVERY song on every difficulty except BATM without using hammer ons and pull offs. Just picked every note =/)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:21 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 10:21 AM #83 of 155
Originally Posted by Servilonus
I finally beat Bark at the Moon on Expert yesterday. Luck was all that got me there, really, and getting as much star power as I could. Needed to use the star power first after the last fast part in the first solo (the part where it runs back and forth up the neck, then goes out of control), and then tried to last as *long* as I could before using star power in the outro solo. When it ran out, I tried my damndest to finish and BARELY did, with my rock meter in the pulsing red. I swear if there had been 4 more notes I would have failed. (which I did before, I failed the song at 98% =( that was very discouraging)

Also, upon reading a gamefaq on it, I had not understood how to do hammer ons and pull offs until...yesterday. I don't remember the tutorial mentioning that black circled notes had to be picked and open white notes could be hammer on'd, pulled off. That helped tremendously with improving my scores in other songs.

(but for an integral game skill, I'm surprised I got through EVERY song on every difficulty except BATM without using hammer ons and pull offs. Just picked every note =/)

Actually..I learned the whole hammeron thing in the advanced tutorial

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 05:38 PM #84 of 155
I figured it out myself. I remember wondering why I couldn't hammer on where it would make sense (I have some decent guitar skills . . . nothing fancy, but I understand stuff) and why some notes were white. Then I put two and two together. I think in texas flood.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:57 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 06:57 PM #85 of 155
Originally Posted by Servilonus
Being familiar for most of the songs, I can say that all the vocals were re-done, some not as well, and some really well. I imagine that they'd try to get as close to the original singers as possible than to half ass it. All the recordings are completely original, and as far as I know, do not use anything from the original versions. There's credits to the people who did the covers in the manual I believe.
Wow, some of those guys are really impressive, then. I can't wait to see what artists they cover in the next game (totally lollin' if there's a Prince one).

Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 01:40 AM #86 of 155
Yeah, as far as I remember, the only songs that are from the original bands are the "extra" bonus songs. All others were covers (which is why if you read the titles of the songs as they start, they all say "Originally made famous by...").

That said, I'm hoping for some serious metal action in a few months. They have said that metal fans will be getting their dues, so that sounds nice to me.

watkinzez
Chocobo

Member 1040

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:59 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 07:59 PM #87 of 155
Hmm.. maybe I should get this while the reduced release price is still in effect.

FELIPE NO
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:06 AM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 12:36 AM #88 of 155
Man, the whole Internet jerks off to this game and it's a piece. I've had it a day and I have done most of the "Expert" songs with 5 stars. As a guitarist I was hoping for a challenge at least, but no. It's boring and it's easy. Most of the song choices are shit, only the Fret-Burners and Face-Melters are any good.

I will hopefully be able to return it tomorrow.

Most amazing jew boots
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:35 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 08:35 AM #89 of 155
I'd like some proof of this because I find it VERY hard to believe. Most guitar players have a HARDER time with this game than others. I'd be interested in a video of a 5-star "Bark at the Moon" in particular (or at least a photo of your score).

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Last edited by Dhsu; Jun 21, 2006 at 09:38 AM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:59 AM #90 of 155
Originally Posted by NovaX
Man, the whole Internet jerks off to this game and it's a piece. I've had it a day and I have done most of the "Expert" songs with 5 stars. As a guitarist I was hoping for a challenge at least, but no. It's boring and it's easy. Most of the song choices are shit, only the Fret-Burners and Face-Melters are any good.
Well, you're in the extreme minority, since just about every other owner of this game has had a great time with it. Guitarists I know went into this game cocky and then found themselves having a very hard time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h-rxOi5KP...0moon%20expert

Bark on Expert

SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:41 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 12:41 PM #91 of 155
There are lots of people (mainly the Bemani guys) that don't like this game. But who cares really. It's a fun game. If you don't like it, then whatever.

Crap, when I got this game, my brother was pretty amazed and got another copy of it (for the guitar) just so we could play multiplayer.

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:44 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 01:44 PM #92 of 155
Well, of course I know it's possible. I just want to see it from Mr. "One-day Wonder."

How ya doing, buddy?

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:12 PM #93 of 155
Were the tabs REALLY needed?

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 12:10 PM #94 of 155
I thought so.

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:08 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 11:08 PM #95 of 155
Were the tabs REALLY needed?
Not sure what you're referring to...

How ya doing, buddy?

Kabukibear
Chocobo

Member 1895

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:29 PM #96 of 155
You can use gameshark 2 to play trippolette as well. It's pretty tough. I have a rule about not using star power but that's the one song I need to use it to pass. I can only get about 80% of the notes on expert and 3 stars.

Don't forget there's also the other secret song Graveyard Shift. I hate that one though, it's totally gay.

I play the guitar as well and sure, I beat all the songs in about a day and 5 starred most of them a little after that but it's still fun to play.

Anyway, here's my BatM score.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kabukibear; Jun 25, 2006 at 03:44 PM.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 02:30 PM #97 of 155
So, is there any way to unlock the sekrit songs without using a thingy?

Kabukibear
Chocobo

Member 1895

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 03:44 PM #98 of 155
nope. there's no other way.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 03:49 PM #99 of 155
That's bullshit. WE NEED PROG. AND RUSH BY THEMSELVES DON'T COUNT.

Also: anyone else notice that every single song is in 4/4?

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 07:51 PM #100 of 155
Isn't that what almost all rock is in?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Guitar Hero