Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Damn, I forgot to save.

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:07 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2008, 11:37 PM #1 of 25
Damn, I forgot to save.

I'm sure out of all the games we have ever played we have encountered this situation on more than one occassion.

You get so involved with a game so much you just forget to save whether it was due to the fact that you were just absent minded at that one particular moment or you felt so confident that you could beat a level and nothing could possibly stop you, then you die without expecting it. Then all those hours of gaming you just spent doing a level or a dungeon were lost just because you forgot to save.

I would like to think that everybody has an interesting story of how this had happened to them. This has happened to me one more than one occassion and here are some of most furious moments in which this has happened to me. I apologize in advance since this post is a little long.

Parasite Eve: I was doing the EX game for the first time, and it was during my first runthrough of the Chrysler Building. I had seen someone attempt the Chrysler building once before so I knew it was going to be challenging. The furthest I had seen someone do it was to the cockroach boss. I was finishing up the 5th set of floors and I managed to beat the cockroach boss on the first try. When I beat him I should of saved, because the last time I saved was when I beat centipede at the end of the 4th set of floors. I got cocky and thought I should not have any problems progressing through the rest of the chrysler building until the final boss. I thought wrong and it wasn't even the other sub bosses that did me in. It was a combination of those mutant squirrels (confusion missle attack) and the mutant dogs (massive attack power) that did me in. I lost about three hours of gameplay and I had to do it over again.

Valkyrie Profile 2: Jut one of those cases in which I got so involved with the game I totally forgot to save. My last save point was at the beginning of the forest of spirits. I got a little worried about the dungeon (Ravine Caverns)that had the timer on it but I managed to get through it on my first try (barely). I had managed to start Yggdrasil and I was probably going to save at the top of this dungeon. I got into a battle against a few blue soul flames and the first thing they did was cast a spell, that put transfer status on my entire party. GAME OVER. I lost a little over 4 hours of gameplay that day.

On an unrelated note, the largest amount of time I ever lost playing a game was over 50 hours and it was all due to the fact that I'm such a video game perfectionist and so fucking absent minded. I was playing Lunar: The Silver Star Story for the PS, and I had already beaten the game before. This time I wanted to beat it by collecting everything and getting all the bromides. If it was one bromide I kept missing out was the Jess bromide you could get in Lann. The guide kept telling me I could get it in Lann before Nash destroyed the airship, but I never got it even though I followed the working desgins guide completely. I finally found out that you had to get it the moment your entire party was reunited after the black dragon fortress dungeon. I ended up getting it after playing the game for the third time. I beat the final boss and I had collecting every item, and during the epilogue I was ready to finish the bromide collection by buying the bromides in ramsus store. I went to this store and for the first time I noticed they weren't there. I found out afterwards, I had to pay gold to a person in burg that ramsus had sold a fake golden egg at the very beginning of the game in order to get those bromides during the epilogue. I was so pissed and I think I invited a few new curse words that day. So I had started over,and wasted 50 hours of playing a game in which I thought I had it completed but unfortunately I didn't.

To the GFF community what have been some of most frustrating moments in all your video gaming lives that has resulted from the fact that you forgot to save.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:24 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2008, 08:24 PM #2 of 25
There was this time where I had just finished a really annoying mission near the end of GTA: San Andreas and I figured I would save a little later after taking over one or two pieces of gang territory because I had full health and full armor. A couple minutes later, I was killed by an exploding car during the second wave of one of the gang wars.

Another time, I played 5 hours of Tony Hawk: Project 8 with my brother (we were switching turns after each mission) and figured I'd do one more mission then save and quit, but then right before I started the next mission, the game freezes and I lost all the progress. We got back to where we left off before the game froze eventually.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:25 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2008, 11:25 AM 1 1 #3 of 25
The only thing more frustrating than forgetting to save, is to play on an emulator using SRAM, and accidentally reloading an old save state which wiped it out.

Recently happened to me when I was replaying Seiken Densetsu 3. I lost about 20 hours of progress.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:28 PM #4 of 25
The biggest nightmare was the Arc the Lad game freezing on me after going to that optional spot all the way pass the 40 floors and back up only to hear the sound freeze with no picture. I think I had the chance of saving but no luck. Gave it a few more pointless minutes ;p.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:03 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2008, 02:03 PM #5 of 25
I remember this one time when while playing Final Fantasy VII I was on a sort of power rampage and managed defeated Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon on one insane streak. Feeling very accomplished and proud, I was flyin' to the nearest town to rest and save etc, when my house is struck by a blackout. Serious. I've only had about 5 blackouts in my entire life, and one of them was after one of my biggest RPG accomplishments, prior to saving the game.

You should have seen me afterwards haha I swear I could've defeated the weapons again with my own two hands I was so angry.

(I've also gotten really pissed off saving over really important save files etc, but that's for another time~)

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:14 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2008, 10:14 PM #6 of 25
I've had a few of these. Lost a good seven hours of FF X to a blackout, but it was seven hours of blitzball. Which was cool with me, because hey. Seven MORE hours of blitzball. Keen.

The only insanely frustrating one happened very recently. I'd torn through BoF on my GBA, and had ripped into BoF II shortly after. Really got into them for some reason. Nostalgia, maybe. Whatever. But I'm having a blast. I just got Chop Chop and was about to go fuck me up some Witch's Tower, save to take a break and come back to it. No save game. Battery died. All my level building (and desire to play the game) instantly gone.

Ruined the first good game playing push I've had in years.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 04:28 AM #7 of 25
I did that playing through the last bit of Wind Waker. You know, the part where you have to go fishing to find all the Triforce pieces... I think I went from the second piece to the end of the game without saving, and when I went to load up the save again next time to finish other collections [heart pieces, etc] I found that I was way back there.

FELIPE NO
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:01 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2008, 10:01 AM #8 of 25
This doesn't really matter all that much seeing as how it was a challenge of my own, but once a few years ago i wanted to beat all four of the Temples in Majora's Mask in one (slowed down) 3 day stretch. I beat the first two temples, then figured i should stop for a while, maybe eat some lunch or something. It was something like just coming up on Night of the Second day, when i absent mindedly played the Song of Time instead of saving at an Owl. Lost everything i had done that day, even the full wallet of Rupees i had going for me. I don't think i would've made it in those three days though, so it's all good. I've never gotten around to trying again.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 04:31 PM #9 of 25
This happened to me recently in MGS4. Though not quite as bad as what's happened to some here, I think I lost a good three or so hours of game time because I got killed at one point right near the end of act 1 (I hate that act now), and forgot to save before turning the system off. It wasn't until I turned it back on, that I realized my stupid mistake. But hey, that actually helped me play through that part of Act 1 better than I did prior, and I discovered a few things I missed. So it wasn't that bad.....but I still hate that act.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 04:42 PM #10 of 25
This has happened to me in the SMT series. I'll spend a lot of time in the end game either talking with demons, or looking for a specific monster, or fusing a whooooole crap load of stuff, or sitting in the velvet room for a bajillion hours trying to fuse a hua po with pierce, providence and victory cry, and succeed! And then, all full of myself for finally accomplishing all that shit, run out and show off, and die.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:04 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2008, 04:04 PM 1 #11 of 25
This happened to me recently in MGS4. Though not quite as bad as what's happened to some here, I think I lost a good three or so hours of game time because I got killed at one point right near the end of act 1 (I hate that act now), and forgot to save before turning the system off. It wasn't until I turned it back on, that I realized my stupid mistake. But hey, that actually helped me play through that part of Act 1 better than I did prior, and I discovered a few things I missed. So it wasn't that bad.....but I still hate that act.
Lost 3 hours of game, 5 minutes of gameplay.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:24 PM #12 of 25
Happened to me a handful of times in Persona 3. The difficulty just decides to ramp up and rape me at random times so I don't think of jumping down to the first floor or Tartar Control and saving.

I've probably lost two levels at numerous occasions throughout gameplay.

NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:43 PM 1 #13 of 25
I was playing FF VII on an emulator and I was too lazy to use the acual game saves so I did quicksaves for most of the game until the highway chase when you have to battle the thunderball thing. I, of course, quicksaved at the start of the battle and I wasn't prepared at all and I didn't have an lightning materia equipped so I had to start over.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 07:25 PM 1 #14 of 25
King's Quest VI. It is actually the opposite in that you save and wish you DIDN'T because you go to a certian part, can't get back and are screwed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 07:51 PM #15 of 25
oh it happened, I just so happened to be called by someone while I was in one of my rpg training sessions to level up (FFVIII) but I left it in the menu with the save icon highlighted so when i came back I thought "Oh I'm so awesome I saved this already" and so I turned it off and blah. Only 2 hours but those were rigorous hours ><
I also lost 80 hours of gameplay for FFXII with five hours to go to beat the game so i was very pissed. This was a corrupted memory card tho, I never played the game again, I didn't like it anyways.
Other than that I'm a constant saver, I save in ever screen , with every save spot on any opportunity.

FELIPE NO

New Record!
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 08:01 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2008, 08:01 PM #16 of 25
Saved over Mega Man Legends for PS ... Saved an older game on the further one. I got so far in that game... maybe 20 hours... I never ended up finishing it.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2008, 02:34 AM Local time: Jul 10, 2008, 09:34 AM #17 of 25
That must be the first (and only time untill I install it again) I played Diablo II. I played for several hours and then I died. And then I discovered that these pesky PC games doesn't have 'check points'. I raged for several minutes, untill deleting it from my hard drive...:/

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:52 AM Local time: Jul 10, 2008, 02:52 AM #18 of 25
Diablo II auto-saves actually. Of course, if you forgot to get the loot back from your corpse...

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:52 PM #19 of 25
Diablo II auto-saves actually. Of course, if you forgot to get the loot back from your corpse...
I thought if one quit the game before looting their corpse that they would find their corpse minus the gold and potions they dropped lying outside of whatever town they were last in. Is that not the case?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:14 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2008, 05:14 PM #20 of 25
I never played the game again, I didn't like it anyways.
So why did you play it for 80 hours in the first place?

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2008, 02:39 PM #21 of 25
So why did you play it for 80 hours in the first place?
gah I don't now why. I think was just fooling myself when i was playing the game. I enjoyed it for the first 5 hours until I finally hit the mark "Why am i still playing this?"
Friends of mine were telling me that its a good game and the story gets better and so I kept playing and plus it was getting amazing reviews. I was always a FF fan and after seeing the trailers for XII, I wasn't so excited but it was still an FF game that wasn't online so I just wanted to see the story and ending for myself. I usually like games with the "overated" brand on them but this one was just Bleh!
Yeah I made myself ignorant and forced myself to play it but at least I can say I didn't enjoy it and I did play the majority of it.
I did the same thing when I forced myself to watch Berserk ~_~

New Record!
dbzwarrior4ever
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 26926

Level 2.00

Dec 2007

Old Jul 18, 2008, 10:22 AM #22 of 25
can't recall this happing to me yet

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 09:27 PM 1 #23 of 25
Then why did you even say anything, stupid?

Also, "happing?"

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is such a tragedy.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:22 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2008, 05:22 PM #24 of 25
I got to whichever town in Pokémon Gold it was with all the kimono girls in that one kooky building, and saved after clearing it. I played for another four or five hours and wound up in a battle. God knows why, but I had my finger on A, and slid it onto B, and decided to hit start and select simultaneously. What the fuck how was I supposed to know that shit made the fucking Game Boy reset goddamn gaghsdjgjfg

Aji
bleh

Member 20118

Level 5.67

Feb 2007

Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:34 PM #25 of 25
I was playing Tales of Legendia, and I remember going pretty far. For awhile I'd save periodically, but after beating this one boss I forgot to save and just turned off the PS2. The next day I found out I didn't save so I had to beat the boss again. Now I'm not sure, but I think I took a break from the PS2, so I turned it off. I think when I returned I tried uploading my save, but then the save ended up being corrupted for some reason. I haven't played the game ever since.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Damn, I forgot to save.