Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

deep and important philosophycal question

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:48 AM #1 of 3
deep and important philosophycal question

So I finished reading Unbearable Lightness of Being, and I thought it was funny. Not laugh out loud funny, but just farcical. More people seem to think it was sad, and that the existential horror of non-being and futility was a huge downer.

To me it was like taking all of the great ideals of human existence and placing them on the dirtiest, moldiest cracked piece of shit foundation. Big ideas on very unstable and humble ground. Like a king stepping on a cow pie. Or an elephant dancing en pointe.

Anyway, so the comedy of people dying misunderstood and being lauded for the things they hated also derives from the fact that I don't care about the characters. Similar to in Candide, where everyone is so ridiculous you don't really care that they are suffering.

Also, some dude's mom got killed by a flying deer carcass back in high school, and I thought that was funny too.

So the deep and important philosophycal question is this. Is life and death truly farcical, or am I just a huge dick?

Thank you in advance, internet, for your articulate and well-thought-out replies.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:10 AM 4 #2 of 3
Is life and death truly farcical, or am I just a huge dick?
Yes, and yes

Most amazing jew boots
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2012, 12:10 PM #3 of 3
I love you. Let's get married.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > deep and important philosophycal question