Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Guns Guns Guns
Rifles? 10 20.00%
Shotguns? 2 4.00%
Pistols? 12 24.00%
One or more of the above! 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Firearms

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:44 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:44 PM #1 of 211
Firearms

So who here at GFF takes up our American right to bear arms? If you are not an American are citizens in your country allowed to own firearms?

I'm currently in the market for a .45 pistol or something of that nature for myself and a 9mm or smaller pistol for my fiancé. If I had the extra cash laying around there are a lot of other rifles/carbines that I would love to have.

So who owns what? Rifles, shotguns, pistols, maybe all of the above?

Also if you had the money what weaponry would you love to have?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 07:56 PM #2 of 211
Sweden has an alot more restricted view on firearms. I won't be carrying a gun on me anytime soon, but I sure as hell will be buying one for target practice this spring. I'm a little bit of a gun-freak. Money's not a problem but I'm having a hard time deciding on which weapon to buy as I've never wielded a real pistol before.

The pistols I'm considering buying are the CZ-75B or Glock models 17C/20C.

Other than that, I wouldn't be buying anything else, since I generally prefer pistols and they're the only type of firearms I know how to operate - theoretically that is.

How ya doing, buddy?
XtremeDJW
Chocobo

Member 3625

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:05 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 07:05 PM #3 of 211
Originally Posted by Gumby
So who here at GFF takes up our American right to bear arms?
Furry bear arms? Polar bear arms?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 02:26 PM #4 of 211
I currently have a few beaut's of my own. Got a Cold .45 as my handgun of choice. I have a carry concealed license and this hummer is always under my coat pocket if I'm in public and not at a bar (illegal to carry concealed in a bar).

I have an Enfield rifle which I've used out at the farm on occasion, but it's pract near my father's by this point. Between class and work at the Jeweler Shop, I don't have time to head out and poke around the farmland for hogs and what-not.

Also own a BAR, Thompson (One with Stick Mag the other with a Drum), and an M1 Garand. I'm a WWII weapon collector of sorts =p I plan on getting an M3/Grease gun someday soon.

Shotguns aren't my thing. I've probably fired one only a handful of times in my life. I prefer accuracy as opposed to "get in the neighborhood of close."

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:33 PM #5 of 211
I support the right to bear arms (and hugs! Guffaw.), but only because of the eventual zombie uprising. When it happens I'll be safe on my roof with a month's food supply, my comic book collection, and a .22 Rifle with ammo a-plenty.

Same rifle my dad was given when he was a kid, actually. I like to go out shooting, but don't have any real urge to buy any weaponry. Enough of my friends are hippie-hating gun-nuts that I've had the pleasure to fire off all kinds of guns.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Legion
Darkness

Member 865

Level 1.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:35 PM #6 of 211
I have many. The .45 is a good choice; however it is bulky. I have packed for years and only had to draw down a few times. I chose a .25 as it fits in the back pocket with no holster. This adds to a fast draw as well as comfort. Remember, NEVER pull it unless you are prepaired to use it, and shoot to kill not injure. Dead men tell no tales and you wont have to worry about getting sued. Best of luck...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sanctus Satanas, Sanctus
Dominus Diabolus Sabaoth
Satanas-Venire!
Satanas-Venire!
Ave Satanas, Ave Satanas
Tui Sunt Caeli
Tua est Terra, Ave Satanas
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:52 PM #7 of 211
If it were up to me, I'd own a revolver like a Colt Python or something along those lines, but I don't imagine myself using it, I'd probably never even buy bullets for it and just play around with it all day.

I actually have an intense fear of getting shot, which is why I'd never want a loaded gun in my hands. For some reason, when I see a picture/movie where the muzzle of a gun is pointed toward my face, I freak out So yeah, I definitely don't trust them or trust myself with one.

If I need to protect myself, I think I'd use a weapon like a knife or sword. Surely I can still injure myself with one, but I doubt I'd accidentally wound myself mortally with one.

FELIPE NO
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:06 PM #8 of 211
I don't own a gun, or have a need for one. I don't hunt and I live in a good area. If I did have a gun it would be a 12 gage shotgun, because they are cool.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:10 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 01:10 PM #9 of 211
I noticed on your poll you didn't have an option for no guns. I'm and american and I have NO desire to own or be around guns at all. I've shot hand guns, and even a shotgun at my cousins house and I wasn't scared or nervous around them, but there was just never any fascination with them. Maybe it was my semi-suburbia/semi-big city upbringing, but there doesn't seem to be any point to own a gun. I'm not into hunting or gang banging so I don't think I would ever be in the situation at my own house where a gun would ever be needed. Infact I tend to stay away from people that have overwhelming interest in weapons, they tend to be a little odd in my book.

Call me crazy but it seems like they are just more trouble than their worth...

Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:15 PM #10 of 211
I'm currently in the process of getting my FAC and PAL, so after I get those, I don't know yet. I just want to get a pistol, something .45, probably some 1911. Just for kicks, almost literally lol.

I only know one shooting range around here, but anywho, I probably won't be buying my own firearm for a very long time.

Right now I don't actually own any 'real' firearms, meh, that's ok, ammo costs are nuts. Besides, I spend enough time with real firearms anyways and crap, instead I get the ammo paid for me, and I get paid for shooting them, so whatever lol.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

oh my gawddd
S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:25 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 03:25 PM #11 of 211
I'm in Canada, and we have lots of gun laws, so I don't bother having any. If I could I'd own a Heckler and Koch g3a3, which I'd say is my favourite assault rifle, it's a brute. I would also like 2 Berreta m92f pistols, as nothing is cooler than two pistols, and I like the m92f's

Most amazing jew boots
"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:25 PM #12 of 211
I'm not crazy about guns, but you'd have to be insane not to own one these days. Too many nut jobs out there who will break into your house while you're in it - nevermind waiting until you leave for work like the old-fashioned, respectable robbers used to do back in the day - and kill your ass for a DVD player and fifty bucks.

Here's what we have. I'm not sure what it is, but it's a Smith & Wesson something. It has a clip and the hammer is the kind where you pull back on the barrel until you hear the bullet click into place.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to use it if I needed to, and I'm really glad we have it.

Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:31 PM #13 of 211
Damn. That's one ugly ass pistol. But whatever works.

I'd personally be proud to own something like a 1911. I live in a pretty safe place I guess so, right now there is no nessecity.

[/RIGHT]
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:34 PM #14 of 211
I wasn't planning on putting it in the Miss Pistol USA contest. I'd only ever use it to shoot someone who tried to harm my family. Why does it need to be pretty?

Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:36 PM #15 of 211
Cause then you can kill in style!

Jack Bauer's dual tone P226 is just pure pimp.

FELIPE NO

oh my gawddd
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:37 PM #16 of 211
It doesn't matter but wouldn't it be more satisfying to shoot a tresspasser with one of these?

[/RIGHT]
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 01:37 PM #17 of 211
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I'm not crazy about guns, but you'd have to be insane not to own one these days. Too many nut jobs out there who will break into your house while you're in it - nevermind waiting until you leave for work like the old-fashioned, respectable robbers used to do back in the day - and kill your ass for a DVD player and fifty bucks.

Here's what we have. I'm not sure what it is, but it's a Smith & Wesson something. It has a clip and the hammer is the kind where you pull back on the barrel until you hear the bullet click into place.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to use it if I needed to, and I'm really glad we have it.

What makes you think that same crazy ass robber wouldn't use your own gun on you? Or just shoot you before you had the chance to get to your gun? I'm just guessing that you don't walk around your house with your pistol loaded and in your back pocket.

Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:50 PM #18 of 211
Originally Posted by Jan
It doesn't matter but wouldn't it be more satisfying to shoot a tresspasser with one of these?
Dude, Jack Bauer's P226 would out pimp that anyday

That reminds me, I wouldn't mind having a SIG SAUER P226 either .

There's nowhere I can't reach.

oh my gawddd
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:52 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 10:52 PM #19 of 211
Jan, if I had the money that would be what I would get. The 1911 is a very proven and reliable design.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:54 PM #20 of 211
HAHA. No one's got any love love for a good ol' shotgun.
They can be slick looking to ya know!

Also, I know the guy who owns this thing.

[/RIGHT]
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 04:02 PM #21 of 211
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Also own a BAR, Thompson (One with Stick Mag the other with a Drum), and an M1 Garand. I'm a WWII weapon collector of sorts =p I plan on getting an M3/Grease gun someday soon.
The guy I go shooting with is a collector too, actually. The first time I shot the Garand I nearly pissed myself I was so happy. Haven't popped off any rounds from en Einfield yet though, or a BAR.

Last edited by Ballpark Frank; Mar 21, 2006 at 04:46 PM.
Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 10:44 PM #22 of 211
Or screw reliability, style and the propability of doubt while you're facing a trespassers....

...just waste the SOB with a Glock 18C fully automatic;

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:56 PM #23 of 211
Originally Posted by Killy
Or screw reliability, style and the propability of doubt while you're facing a trespassers....

...just waste the SOB with a Glock 18C fully automatic;

If I were to buy a pistol, it would not be a Glock. I'd take a Berretta or Colt over glock any day of the week. Besides, there are far better machine pistols out there than Glock.

BTW style doesn't mean shit if when you go to pull the trigger and it jams.

FELIPE NO

Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:00 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:00 PM #24 of 211
So you're saying a high-quality pistol such as a Glock would jam? Right. I've heard that Colt pistols chambered with .45 cal are prone to jamming, though I'm not sure if this is correct.

I hear there's a fully-automatic version of a CZ-75 as well, I think it was called CZ-75D or something, anybody know if it's as reliable as it's semi-auto counterpart?

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:01 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:01 AM #25 of 211
If you want a fully automatic weapon why not go with a submachine gun which is designed for that sort of abuse?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Firearms