Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kramer snaps

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 11:38 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2006, 08:38 PM #101 of 221
Or how about if you're black? It seems really, really incongruous to me that an word that is featured so prominently in hip hop culture, which saturates the media, is only OK to be said by a specific group of people. That just doen't make sense to me.

And I think that's what Michael Richards was ham-handedly trying to point out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:48 AM 1 #102 of 221
No, no he wasn't. Just shut up already, you don't get it and every one of you people won't get it as long as you have a childish reaction as to why it's acceptable for black people to use terms deemed racist to black people.

There are many people making statements about the time and place for racist terms, about the shock value of hearing it out of an unexpected mouth and about devaluing the term entirely, but that's not what Richards was doing. He was trying to insult them. There's nothing postmodern or clever about it, it was pure anger.

I don't get it. Why do so many otherwise intelligent folks (not Minion though) feel like they're entitled to call people 'nigger' because black folks can? I'm not talking about the thuggish beatdown that these folks should be threatened with, I just.. what the hell is wrong with you guys? it's like not swearing in front of your grandmother, even if she has a cunt and an asshole and has fucked and sucked dicks in her day, dammit. It's good manners. The fuck is wrong with you.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:51 AM #103 of 221
Originally Posted by a lurker
There are many people making statements about the time and place for racist terms, about the shock value of hearing it out of an unexpected mouth and about devaluing the term entirely, but that's not what Richards was doing. He was trying to insult them. There's nothing postmodern or clever about it, it was pure anger.
Fucking A, man. Fucking A.

FELIPE NO
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 08:36 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 11:06 AM #104 of 221
here's an update on that story:

Men Seek Apology From Ex-'Seinfeld' Star

LOS ANGELES - Two men who say they were insulted by actor-comedian Michael Richards during his racist rant at a comedy club want a personal apology and maybe some money, one of the men and their lawyer said Friday.

Frank McBride and Kyle Doss said they were part of a group of about 20 people who had gathered at West Hollywood's Laugh Factory to celebrate a friend's birthday. According to their attorney, Gloria Allred, they were ordering drinks when Richards berated them for interrupting his act.

When one of their group replied that he wasn't funny, Richards launched into a string of obscenities and repeatedly used the n-word. A video cell phone captured the outburst.

Richards, who played Jerry Seinfeld's wacky neighbor Kramer on the TV sitcom "Seinfeld," made a nationally televised apology on the "Late Show with David Letterman" earlier this week. He has since apologized to the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, both civil rights leaders.

But Doss, 26, said Friday he wanted a "face-to-face apology."

"To have him do what he did to me ... I can't even explain it," Doss said. "I was humiliated, even scared at one point."

Richards' publicist said his client wants to apologize to both men, who are black, but hasn't been able to locate them.

Allred, speaking by phone from Colorado, said Richards should meet McBride and Doss in front of a retired judge to "acknowledge his behavior and to apologize to them" and allow the judge to decide on monetary compensation.

"It's not enough to say 'I'm sorry' on 'David Letterman,'" she said.

She did not mention a specific figure, but pitched the idea as a way for the comic to avoid a lawsuit.

"Our clients were vulnerable," Allred said. "He went after them. He singled them out and he taunted them, and he did it in a closed room where they were captive."

The video of Richards' outburst shows several people getting up and walking out as he shouts at the audience.

Richards' publicist said the comic wasn't considering any demand for payment. "He's not dealing with that," Howard Rubenstein said. "He wants to apologize to them directly and then see what happens."

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
TheXeno
Overlord

Member 13483

Level 8.29

Oct 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:11 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 10:11 AM #105 of 221
Fucking blood sucking lawyers, those two guys are as worse "Kramer" in my opinion. I had to get that out I hate around 95% of lawyers. Anyways "Nigger" is just a word, thats it. Words can hurt but I thought we got over this crap in middle school or younger. I've been called some pretty nasty crap, I got pissed off and moved on. Racial slurs are trashy if your going to insult someone try something creative, and chances are if your a decent comedian you know should know how to push buttons other than using slurs. Richards was pissed, he was almost in a rage mode, should of said something else oh well. Ah well I've rambled to long as it is, anyways one should be a better man and move on.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by TheXeno; Nov 26, 2006 at 01:31 AM.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:13 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 08:13 AM #106 of 221
Greedy niggers.

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 11:40 AM #107 of 221
I think it's about proper that we call Gloria Allred a leech and crucify her for crimes against humanity now.

How ya doing, buddy?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 09:05 PM #108 of 221
Haha, he singled them out. She almost makes it sound random. Also, apparently going to a Comedy Club or any sort of room can be considered being held "captive"?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:19 PM #109 of 221
(when it's crap comedy, maybe!)

(this is heckling on several levels)

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:12 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 11:12 PM #110 of 221
and this is exactly what i was talking about in my post.

People like Gloria Allred and Nancy Grace are bottomfeeders suckling off of the pond scum of society (i.e. these two ignorant dumbass greedy motherfuckers)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:20 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 12:20 AM #111 of 221
Wow. Just watched the video. I had been kinda ignoring this thread for a while until my friend suggested we watch it.

Yep, he sure spasmed.... All I get from that video is "That is uncalled for..."

Glad he apologized. But, it goes to show just how sensitive this kind of stuff is. Especially in the United States.

FELIPE NO
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 09:30 PM #112 of 221
A bullshit apology only after international criticism shows nothing.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:41 AM #113 of 221
Originally Posted by Capo
True, to an extent. I think an infinitely more appropriate response would've been "I said it and I won't take it back" - but the man does have his career to think about.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 01:00 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 12:00 AM #114 of 221
Aww hell. What career? Guy probably doesn't have to work anyway.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 01:05 AM #115 of 221
Originally Posted by Dubble
and this is exactly what i was talking about in my post.

People like Gloria Allred and Nancy Grace are bottomfeeders suckling off of the pond scum of society (i.e. these two ignorant dumbass greedy motherfuckers)
Oh man, fuck Nancy Grace. I keep trying to convince my mom that she's an opportunistic cunt (Grace, not my own mother, you jerks). The only time I watched her was when she was haranging a man for buying LACY PETERSON'S HOUSE (!). He was selling it because, I guess, he was doing poorly in the town and was going to move elsewhere for his career. Maybe there's a GHOST.

She took the camera inside and shown how the nursery was converted into a WORK OUT ROOM (!).

She was also furious that Scott Peterson was being fed and receiving medical attention while in prison. Fuck that cuntbag.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 01:14 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 10:14 PM #116 of 221
Originally Posted by Capo
Totally thought this was the UCLA Taser thread. Whoops!

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:11 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 12:41 PM #117 of 221
Originally Posted by Rita the Carpet Cleaner
I love how Nancy Grace gets so self-righteous that people cannot move on with their lives without her permission.
yeah, but at least they make life entertaining with their antics

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 06:55 PM #118 of 221
I love that they're demanding monetary compensation. That, right there, tells me they're not too broken up about it. They're just using this as an opportunity now. Make the dude make his ammends, say he's sorry... fuck, ask that he's required to do community service in a black neighbourhood. But you want money for being called a nigger? Where's my money for being called a drunk Irish asshole.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 09:58 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 11:58 AM #119 of 221
Originally Posted by Denicalis
I love that they're demanding monetary compensation. That, right there, tells me they're not too broken up about it. They're just using this as an opportunity now. Make the dude make his ammends, say he's sorry... fuck, ask that he's required to do community service in a black neighbourhood. But you want money for being called a nigger? Where's my money for being called a drunk Irish asshole.
thats exactly what there doing... maybe he should counter sue for them ruining his set, blowing this out of proportion, and creating a bad public outlook on him.

Seriously, anyone who's opinion of 'kramer' is lowered by this needs to ask themselves a few questions question... ever been angry? ever make a mistake while angry? were you up on that stage? did you see anything besides his outburst? ever had a bad day? and had that last straw fall into place? stop judging him. try judging yourself to those same standards. the majority of people have no right to call him a bad person.

I think they deserve it. Just because they are black and he's white its become some huge ordeal. If he was any other race, this wouldn't go past state news at most.

FELIPE NO
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3

Last edited by avanent; Nov 26, 2006 at 10:02 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 09:00 PM #120 of 221
Originally Posted by avanent
thats exactly what there doing... maybe he should counter sue for them ruining his set, blowing this out of proportion, and creating a bad public outlook on him.
No, hecklers are part of comedy. I don't think they blew it out of proportion until they demanded money. Also, I'm willing to bet that Gloria Allred called them, not the other way around. She's a fucking bottom feeder. And you know what caused a bad public outlook of Michael Richards? Screaming nigger in a derogatory way at two people who interrupted his set.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 12:04 PM #121 of 221
No, hecklers are part of comedy. I don't think they blew it out of proportion until they demanded money. Also, I'm willing to bet that Gloria Allred called them, not the other way around. She's a fucking bottom feeder. And you know what caused a bad public outlook of Michael Richards? Screaming nigger in a derogatory way at two people who interrupted his set.
they pulled the trigger that set the gun off. Itd be no more ridiculous than them claiming a need for monetary compensation.

I hate hecklers. Had I been there, I'd of told them to shut the hell up. Maybe even used some offensive jargon of my own. Hecklers ruin shows for everyone else because they're selfish and feel that the show should be altered just because they aren't enjoying it. fuck hecklers.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 09:10 PM #122 of 221
they pulled the trigger that set the gun off. Itd be no more ridiculous than them claiming a need for monetary compensation.

I hate hecklers. Had I been there, I'd of told them to shut the hell up. Maybe even used some offensive jargon of my own. Hecklers ruin shows for everyone else because they're selfish and feel that the show should be altered just because they aren't enjoying it. fuck hecklers.
So explain why people can often deal with Hecklers without resorting to yelling racial slurs at people? They pulled the trigger? No they didn't. They might have danced infront of the asshole with the gun and said "shoot me, you unfunny fucker" but they didn't pull the trigger.

Also, I've seen Michael Richards do stand up. He isn't funny. He deserves to be heckled.

And for the last part, Richard Belzer was being heckled at a show once. A man in the audience was talking and said: "where did you get that coat, the discount rack?" Without missing a beat, Belzer looked down and said: "In your mother's vagina, pal. I get all my clothes there. It's like a frickin' warehouse in there." The dude shut the fuck up after that. And you know, not once did Belzer call him a nigger in hate. Don Rickles used to use racial slurs at his audience all the time. Usually when it was Sammy Davis Jr. But you know what, he didn't scream at them and say things like "Fifty years ago, we'd have you hanging upside down with a fork stuck up your ass." That is fucking RACIST, man. He wasn't shooting down hecklers, he was spitting hate at people. There's a way of dealing with people like that, and he chose the wrong way. Keep trying to defend it, though. You've clearly got a strong position here with this "They were being niggers" defence.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:14 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 12:14 PM #123 of 221
yes, he did chose the wrong way to deal with it. But its between him and them, not the whole world. They egged him on and he retaliated inappropriately with anger. I'm not defending it, i'm just not focusing on what way too many people already are.

Ya, he screwed up. Shit happens, its not our business.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by avanent; Nov 26, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 09:17 PM #124 of 221
yes, he did chose the wrong way to deal with it. But its between him and them, not the whole world. They egged him on and he retaliated inappropriately with anger. I'm not defending it, i'm disagreeing with everything else instead of focusing on what way too many people already are.

Ya, he screwed up. Shit happens, its not our business.
It's our business when it happens in a public forum infront of cameras. That's like saying that apartheid isn't our business because we're not African. It wasn't private. It wasn't in the privacy of his den with a fire roaring. It was on stage. Infront of a room full of people.

Again, the monetary thing is bullshit, but the black community being a wee bit fucking incensed by this? Ya, I can see that.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:05 PM #125 of 221
It was on stage. Infront of a room full of people.
difference of opinion. That doesn't make it public; its between him and them.

it wasn't on the streets, it wasn't on tv (it was _put_ on tv, its different), it wasn't within public property.

it was within a private venue. Its a trivial matter within a private location, therefore, imo, its not our business. Next time you fuck up anywhere thats not contained within your home, lets broadcast it all over everything.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Kramer snaps