Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kramer snaps

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:42 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 02:12 PM #1 of 221
Kramer snaps

LOS ANGELES - Michael Richards stunned a comedy club audience, shouting racial epithets at people who heckled him during a stand-up routine.

The 57-year-old actor-comedian, best known for playing Jerry Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," was performing at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood Friday night when he launched into the verbal rampage, according to video posted on TMZ.com.

The tirade apparently began after two black audience members started shouting at him that he wasn't funny.

Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--."

He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.

"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He's a n-----!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

While there is some audible chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping "Oh my God" and various people "0oh" after Richard uses the n-word.

Richards performed the next night at the Laugh Factory without incident.

Calls to Richards' representatives were not immediately returned early Monday.

He refused to comment on-camera when reached by CNN, but the network reported that he said off-camera he felt sorry for what had happened and had made amends.

comments anyone?

How ya doing, buddy?

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:07 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 10:07 AM #2 of 221
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UomfLKQr57U

Here's a video of it if anyone's interested.

I think he's a retard for snapping like that. If someone is acting like an idiot and interupting your show you dont stoop to their level and yell back. You ignore them. You certainly dont go as low to start screaming racist remarks.

But it's a bit lol to see him explode like that over something so small.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:39 PM #3 of 221
Michael Richards (Kramer; Seinfeld) Uses N-Word Angrily

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/kramer...aught-on-tape/

VIDEO included. use ie6 if it doesnt work.

I must say.. wow.

There's also a poll on that link. Discuss.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:41 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 04:11 PM #4 of 221
yeah, looks familiar to the post I put up an hour ago in the laughs and games section

Most amazing jew boots

Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:43 PM #5 of 221
i didn't think to go there because i didn't feel it belonged in that board. but whatever The mods can decide which board it should be in.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:49 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 12:49 PM #6 of 221
Originally Posted by Balcony Heckler
yeah, looks familiar to the post I put up an hour ago in the laughs and games section
What the hell forum is that?

Whoa holy shit wtf is this!?

Anyway, it's a shame he said it while possibly drugged out or having a random insane moment. Was hoping it'd be more rational than this. Sounds like some shit his goofy Seinfeld character would do though.

Most amazing jew boots
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:18 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 08:18 PM #7 of 221
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
Whoa holy shit wtf is this!?
His eyes must go red like that whenever he's saying something bad about Jews.

FELIPE NO
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:19 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 04:49 PM #8 of 221
Originally Posted by Kolba
His eyes must go red like that whenever he's saying something bad about Jews.
or when he has to make another apology

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 02:36 PM #9 of 221
I think that was uncalled for.

He could've easily saved the situation after his initial outburst. Maybe fall back and chuckle with the audience, "Just kidding guys. But could you pipe down and let the people enjoy the show?" But nooo, he had to throw the n-word out there. Instant controversy.

Seriously, though, what the fuck... how am I gonna laugh at Kramer's crazy antics now?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:39 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 01:39 PM #10 of 221
Hilarious. That's what they get for being dumb niggers. Why even go to the guy's show if all they're gonna do is heckle him? Sure it doesn't do much for his image, but I think they got exactly what they deserved. I wish more people would put jackasses like them in their place.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:58 PM #11 of 221
I dont get it. So he starts throwing out "nigger" left and right but no one is upset that the black guy is throwing back "cracker-ass" and the like?Not that I think Richards was correct in simply throwing it out there the way he did - that was just stupid - but the idea that people are MORTIFIED that he dare say a RACIAL SLUR in the year 2006 is fucking absurd. It's not like the guy was Mr Rodgers or Captain Kangaroo.

I'm sure this wouldn't be news if Richards just called him an asshole or a shithole - but even then, it could be construed as racial since he's white and the guy was black.

Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 05:07 PM #12 of 221
I don't defend the black guy, either.

I would probably also get irritated if people were bugging me while I was doing a presentation of any sort.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 05:43 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 12:43 AM #13 of 221
I'm not allowed to watch this video, even in IE, for some inexplainable reason.

Is this up on youtube yet, or what?

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 05:48 PM #14 of 221
Originally Posted by seanne
I'm not allowed to watch this video, even in IE, for some inexplainable reason.

Is this up on youtube yet, or what?
My exact problem as well. LeHah showed me the link about 45 minutes ago and I've been trying for a while. I'm getting a different error, claiming the video is not available.

I looked on YouTube and they only have a CNN clip. If anyone can UPLOAD it to YouTube so we can watch the train wreck? <3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 05:57 PM #15 of 221
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UomfLKQr57U

It looked like he was trying to recover there, by saying things like "Don't you know that's what happens when you interrupt the white man?"

But then, as vehemently as he was screaming just a minute before, it's hard to tell if he was serious.

It's hard to put this in context without seeing the rest of his routine, and whether he might have been talking about racism to begin with (as well as how the other guys were heckling him.) But most folks don't care about that. They want the incendiary shit. The kind of soundbyte shit that people can't respond to and explain with a soundbyte of their own.

FELIPE NO
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 06:32 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 03:32 PM #16 of 221
I'll just go ahead and merge the two threads and move it to General.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:28 PM #17 of 221
Originally Posted by Skexis
The kind of soundbyte shit that people can't respond to and explain with a soundbyte of their own.
Exactly. While there is a bit of missing footage from this "homemade video", theres a CNN blurb on YouTube where they interview someone who was in the audience. Not only is the person interviewed BLACK - but he also gets a number of things wrong (by design or not, who's to say?) CNN also doesn't run any of the actual footage from the club, either.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:13 PM #18 of 221
Yes the heckler was being a jerk, but Richards didn't need to start busting out nigger and make it racial. We expect comedians to come back at hecklers, but he took it way over the top. A little restraint could have helped. By the way, I wonder what this will do to his career. He doesn't seem to be too far from rock bottom now.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:34 PM #19 of 221
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Hilarious. That's what they get for being dumb niggers. Why even go to the guy's show if all they're gonna do is heckle him? Sure it doesn't do much for his image, but I think they got exactly what they deserved. I wish more people would put jackasses like them in their place.
After being able to watch the video:

Let's preface this with "I am by no means a racist."

But seriously. These two black guys show up - and during the performance, before the outburst - they were shouting that Richards "wasn't funny" during his act. First off, I don't know how much more disrespectful you can get. Black, white, yellow or brown - they were out-and-out disrespectful. If you ask me, they were asking for it.

I would have likely done the same fucking thing. Sure, the race card was a risk, but seriously - like LeHah said - this is 2006, guys. Time to get the fuck over silly name-calling. So he called them niggers. They called him a cracker. WHO FUCKING CARES.

"You're a poop!"
"You're a crap!"
"THAT WAS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR, DUDE."

What.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Nov 20, 2006 at 08:36 PM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:42 PM #20 of 221
Originally Posted by Devoxy
I think the real question is whether or not "Kramer" is a big enough celeb that a lot of people will care.
I think a better question is if a "morally certain" American public will ever let him live this down.

I bet you most people in that audience were white anyway; I don't see Richards crossing a lot of racial barriers.

Most amazing jew boots
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 06:31 PM #21 of 221
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Let's preface this with "I am by no means a racist."
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, but I think most people say that as an apology for calling someone a nigger or something like that, and I didn't feel the need to apologize for calling these idiots exactly what they were being.

But yeah. I'm definitely not a racist. One of my best friends is black.

Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 07:49 PM #22 of 221
Originally Posted by LeHah
I dont get it. So he starts throwing out "nigger" left and right but no one is upset that the black guy is throwing back "cracker-ass" and the like?
Sure you do. It's double-standards. It sucks, but it's the way the world works. And we all know "cracker" isn't offensive to any white person out there.

But to be on topic, he's an idiot for using racial slurs to get back at someone else being an asshole.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 06:53 PM #23 of 221
Heh heh... I know. That was a joke.

Most amazing jew boots
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:00 PM #24 of 221
Originally Posted by Spike
Sure you do. It's double-standards. It sucks, but it's the way the world works. And we all know "cracker" isn't offensive to any white person out there.

But to be on topic, he's an idiot for using racial slurs to get back at someone else being an asshole.
The example provided--that nasty n-word--is a racial slur for some unknown reason. Maybe I need to be black to understand it, but the logic that "the slave masters called us that" doesn't work for me. Or maybe I'm just a fucking bigot.

Also, what would you do if someone started insulting your performance? Ignore them? Yelling "slurs" were just asking for trouble, but I think he had to say something--they offended him, so it is only fitting that he attempt in some way to offend them.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Snowknight; Nov 20, 2006 at 10:04 PM.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 08:06 PM #25 of 221
Originally Posted by Snowknight
The example provided--that nasty n-word--is a racial slur for some unknown reason. Maybe I need to be black to understand it, but the logic that "the slave masters called us that" doesn't work for me. Or maybe I'm just a fucking bigot.

Also, what would you do if someone started insulting your performance? Ignore them? Yelling "slurs" were just asking for trouble, but I think he had to say something.
I'm not defending the black guy at all. Like I said, he was an idiot for using racial slurs. If Michael Richards yelled at the black guy and made fun of him, that's fair game since the black guy was being an asshole and ruining his act. I think they were both out of line. My point, which you didn't understand, was that Michael Richards shouldn't have used racial slurs. No, I don't understand why the n-word is so bad either as I do not know it's history, but it's obviously incredibly offensive.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Kramer snaps