Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gang raped by 7 men? That's 200 lashes

niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:39 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 08:39 PM #101 of 121
FAIR AND BALANCED
Seems the OP forgot to mention that the rapists also got lashes and prison time.

No, that doesn't mean the court order isn't fucked up, as what happened almost goes to define what "fucked" up is, simply wanted to add that info for a more "ballanced discussion" ;p
This is what set up this whole joke of a debate, if you did'nt notice.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:45 PM #102 of 121
lying whore of a wife

neutral people who value accuracy

lying whore of a wife

lying whore of a wife

lying whore of a wife

Oh, my bad, you define what your stance is in your first post. Everything after that is to be ignored.

lying whore of a wife jesus christ you frognigger

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Sarag; Nov 28, 2007 at 01:49 PM.
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:55 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 08:55 PM 2 #103 of 121
lying whore of a wife

lying whore of a wife

lying whore of a wife

lying whore of a wife

Oh, my bad, you define what your stance is in your first post. Everything after that is to be ignored.

lying whore of a wife jesus christ you frognigger
haha is this Foxnews

Slam the right keywords all you want, it still doesn't change the fact you're deeply intellectually dishonest and full of shit.

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:10 PM #104 of 121
You're one to talk about keywords, when the only thing the guy said that approached neutral was that the thread's title was inflammatory.

Oh well, you think Islam is different than Christianity because people can twist Islam to evil purposes, where Christianity is a solid bedrock of time-proven scripture. whatev~

lying whore of a wife is the new accuracy

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chiribo

Syklis Green

Member 2240

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:18 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 08:18 PM #105 of 121
Bradylama, feels good thanks. Ohh by the way, read my previous posts. Where I indicate just how much I think she should be lashed. I think you missed something there... but who am I to say that, a
Quote:
misogynistic troglodyte
So, lurker, you say "lying, cheating wife" I say "lying whore of a wife".

What's the problem exactly? I was marely providing a summary of alleged events so far. You'd rather I bash Islam and forget the wife ever allegedly cheated?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
May contain traces of sarcasm, cynicism and pink fluffy bunnies

Last edited by Chiribo; Nov 28, 2007 at 02:25 PM.
Wanzer Radio
Banned

Member 26571

Level 5.11

Nov 2007

Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:19 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 11:19 AM 1 1 #106 of 121
I love it. People pretending to care. It's like fruit being rotten before it falls from the tree. You wonder what the smell is and then you decide not to picnic under it. Don't mind me. I had raw broccoli and a few shots of rum for breakfast. I am scum of the earth.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:23 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 02:23 PM #107 of 121
You'd rather I bash Islam and forget the wife ever allegedly cheated?
To be honest, yes. I would much rather that you bash Islam instead of acting like somebody deserved to be whipped for cheating.

Most amazing jew boots
Chiribo

Syklis Green

Member 2240

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:32 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 08:32 PM #108 of 121
Like I said, I never said that I think she deserved a whipping, I said that that's a fucked up.
What I did say was that she knew what she was getting herself into. She must've known the law and its consequences.

Look at it from this way: If I was caught driving 100mph on a 30mph road and made a fuss about loosing my driving license because of it, all of you would say that I knew the law and what I would have to endure as punishment and to shut the fuck up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:32 PM #109 of 121
What's the problem exactly? I was marely providing a summary of alleged events so far.
There's no problem here, I was just saying you're wrong and have no capacity for critical thought. Then you went on about how your sippy cup was too full of guran lagaan episodes for you to think about anything else, and I lost interest at that point because I don't like dealing with adult babies.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chiribo

Syklis Green

Member 2240

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 02:35 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2007, 08:35 PM #110 of 121
So I lack critical thought because I provided a summary of the various news stories... Okay...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:04 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 12:04 AM 2 1 #112 of 121
Oh well, you think Islam is different than Christianity because people can twist Islam to evil purposes, where Christianity is a solid bedrock of time-proven scripture.
=

Which is exactly the problem with that religion. Like with many others, any dishonest person can pick what he wants and make it sound how he intends to with minor twisting here and there. The main difference with Islam, are that those people can defend their stances with stuff like the Taqiyya, which basically allows you to lie as long as it is for the good of Islam, and quotes like this:

"When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them know not"

When people say Islam is a religion of conquest, it is indeed reducing. But it is true that the fact it developed in a martial environment left many open holes for abusing it. And when man can abuse, he rarely abstains. ~_~
?

Credibility lost forever.

Oh wait it was already when you called me a racist over it. Intellectual dishonesty and immaturity now ? tsk tsk

How ya doing, buddy?
Traveller87
UNDER PROBATION

Member 26124

Level 9.15

Nov 2007

Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:02 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2007, 02:02 PM 1 #113 of 121
I'm not going to waste much energy on this thread of insults, so here's a short summary of my perspective:

Yes, the article was factually incomplete. But whether the wife was having an affair or not remains unclear. What we know is that she was with another man. This is illegal there (whether it should be or not), so we may assume that she knew she was committing an offence (although it is a ridiculous offence in my eyes).

What surprises me is the change of opinion this produced in some posters here. She met with a man who wasn't a husband, and possibly had an affair with him, so she deserves to be abducted, raped, and then lashed for it?! And people say Islam is backwards in its views...!

The fact that she was meeting with another man had nothing to do with the rape. If she had been alone, she would have been even easier to abduct. Does one offence justify the other, much more severe one? Or does the injustce rather lie in the act of victim-blaming for rape itself? Or in the fact that women are repressed?

I would say it's a combination of all of these, but that this is not necessarily a direct consequence of the Islamic religion as such. Islam in Germany is different from Islam in urban Turkey, which is different from Islam in rural Turkey, which is different from Islam in Saudi Arabia...Religions do not develop independently; they are a product of the social context. In this case, it is the product of a highly stratified society, where some are immensely rich due to oil, a wealth that was acquired over a relatively short period of time, and the rest very poor. This social stratification extends to every area, including the family, where it is produced according to gender and age.

Consider the industrialisation period in Western Europe (factory owners and the proletariat, etc.), which didn't lead to anything that extreme, but still included a similar hierarchy, with female workers getting hardly any pay in the factories, and raising children at the same time, children being exploited even more in the factories with even less protection from accidents and death, etc. Then look at the sexual moral of the middle class at that time, the strict Victorian rules of conduct for women.

Rather than bashing a whole religion, we should perhaps consider where these views originated, and look to change the social conditions which produced them, and question our own perceived moral superiority.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ghodbane
Chocobo

Member 2867

Level 9.70

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:49 PM #114 of 121
I think that just with the flawed topic title alone, the TC just opened the floodgates for insults to be thrown left right and center at "primitive middle-east". Before a few thoughtful posts came in (like the one prior from Traveller87), which began scrutinizing the historical and cultural context behind the laws in the Kingdom, the TC with the ludicrous title, helped shape the argument by setting the agenda according to his/her own terms. Obviously the lashes weren't prescribed because of her getting raped (I still think they were for a ludicrous reason but that's where the ultra-conservative laws come in) - but the TC helped to spur some of the contempt that was to follow from fellow posters by giving such a hate-filled opinion to start off with.

In doing so tried he (purposefully or not) reinforced some closed-minded individuals' stereotypes and fears about a nation already under fire from an already biased media.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Ghodbane; Nov 29, 2007 at 10:56 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Gang raped by 7 men? That's 200 lashes