Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 03:22 PM #276 of 595
Hey guys if you don't like watching the show anymore, maybe you should wait until it's over and read the plot summary on Wikipedia?!
Hey Aardy, why don't you relax a little?!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 03:26 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2009, 09:26 PM #277 of 595
Well just because one can predict a lot of the things that will happen, doesn't mean that it isn't high quality entertainment. Season 3-5 of Lost have probably been the best its ever been. Season 1 was highly overrated and Season 2 from what I remember was rubbish.
I agree. I must say that I thought about stop watching LOST during the second season (maybe because I was also watching Battlestar Galactica and Heroes), but I am happy that did not. I really like the new season so far, there is an incredible potential, it could just go everywhere, and it's not predictable at all, which is pretty awesome.

Also, there is more Sawyer than ever before, which should be awesome for the girls.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:43 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2009, 09:43 PM #278 of 595
Well that would defeat the purpose of television now wouldn't it? We want to SEE this shit being played out no matter how weird it gets!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2009, 06:53 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2009, 01:53 AM #279 of 595
Quite... an ending for the episode this week - too bad it didn't make much sense. I wonder what will come about as a result of this. A distortion in time?

FELIPE NO
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:00 PM #280 of 595
Well, there's always that theory...

The one that says something like... the past-people can't die, essentially because they were alive in the future. Sure, someone got shot, but 30 years later he IS alive.

TIME PARADOX

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:30 PM #281 of 595
But at the same time, who (if anyone?) is going to kill off all the Dharma assholes?

Maybe Older Ben? Maybe Locke?

Where is Locke anyways.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:37 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2009, 07:37 PM #282 of 595
Exactly what I was thinking when little Ben got shot, followed by GAME OVER. (..yeah a little too much MGS3 on my end.. )

Maybe Jacob will heal Ben.
Now, will older Ben suddenly have memories of meeting LaFleur and company or being shot by Sayid?
Desmond certainly had memories of Faraday telling him to find his mother (..which.. proved useless because everyone else got to meet her through Ben.)

Isn't Locke with the survivors of Ajira 316 in the present time?

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2009, 12:15 PM #283 of 595
He is, but we haven't seen him since he found Ben in the Dharma station, and he's like "Yeah, this is the man that killed me."

It's a weird thing, sorta. Knowing Ben, maybe he knew about them all along, and just never really said much about it. He did, after all, capture four of the Losties in the first season. [Jack, Kate, Hurley, and... who again?]

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2009, 04:15 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2009, 03:15 PM #284 of 595
He is, but we haven't seen him since he found Ben in the Dharma station, and he's like "Yeah, this is the man that killed me."

It's a weird thing, sorta. Knowing Ben, maybe he knew about them all along, and just never really said much about it. He did, after all, capture four of the Losties in the first season. [Jack, Kate, Hurley, and... who again?]
Sawyer. Ben got Hurley to warn the Losties not to follow. Then he got Kate and Sawyer to do the nasty in the polar bear cages and made Jack watch them through old security monitors.

And before that, he got caught by the Losties as "Henry Gale" just to get him brutally beaten by Sayid... the same man who shot him as a kid.

So that's how he gets off.. that sick bastard!! I guess having abusive fathers does fucked up things to you.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2009, 04:41 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2009, 09:41 PM #285 of 595
Aren't you guys forgetting that Locke was shot and left for dead, but the island saved him. Something tells me this will happen again.

At the very least the DIers will find and save him (Jack maybe) and this could kick off the feud between the hostiles and DIers which led to the killing off of the DIers that we know about from the future (er, present).

Also, nothing to date says that Ben doesn't already know about Jack, Kate, Sayid, et al, from his childhood, which is why he's so interested in them. It may be why he was so confident in his statement to Sayid that he was a killer.

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:07 AM #286 of 595
Where is Locke anyways.
A better question - Where are Rose and Bernard?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:23 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 11:23 AM #287 of 595
A better question - Where are Rose and Bernard?
One theory I've heard touched upon, and it isn't entirely mad, is that they made it to the cave and would then become the two skeletons found early on in the show: Adam and Eve - Lostpedia

The black and white rock would be a touch on the obvious clue side, but it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to starve in the 70s (or whenever they were in time last), only to be found as skeletons in the 00s.

Quote:
What is the meaning or significance of the two skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave of season 1?
CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in [the Feb. 7 episode], one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.
LINDELOF: There were certain things we knew from the very beginning. Independent of ever knowing when the end was going to be, we knew what it was going to be, and we wanted to start setting it up as early as season 1, or else people would think that we were making it up as we were going along. So the skeletons are the living — or, I guess, slowly decomposing — proof of that. When all is said and done, people are going to point to the skeletons and say, ''That is proof that from the very beginning, they always knew that they were going to do this.''
[ source ]

Most amazing jew boots
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:25 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 04:25 PM #288 of 595
Aren't you guys forgetting that Locke was shot and left for dead, but the island saved him. Something tells me this will happen again.

At the very least the DIers will find and save him (Jack maybe) and this could kick off the feud between the hostiles and DIers which led to the killing off of the DIers that we know about from the future (er, present).

Also, nothing to date says that Ben doesn't already know about Jack, Kate, Sayid, et al, from his childhood, which is why he's so interested in them. It may be why he was so confident in his statement to Sayid that he was a killer.
Makes the most sense. I really want time to catch up on itself now, I've not been too interested about the Losties integration with the Dharma people. I think it shouldn't have been revealed that they joined Dharma until Jack's Dad showed Sun the picture of them in the group. Personal preference anyway...again not really been thrilled about this part of the story.

I wanna know what the hell happened with Claire. She was last seen in Jacob's hut right acting all badass right?

Most amazing jew boots
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:45 PM #289 of 595
Sian, I think that's the last time we saw Claire. I am also thinking about where she is. =/

I'm also curious what's going to happen to Aaron and Sun's kid. They're just kinda back on the mainland as far as I know.

With Kate being the supposed mother of Aaron and no kin left, where did Aaron go? We know Ben was after him, but it's pretty clear Ben didn't take him to the Island.

Meanwhile, Sun also has no kin in the US - Where did her kid go? After all the hoopla about O GOD, I WANT TO HAVE THIS BABY IN A HOSPITAL, she sure did stop caring pretty quickly about that kid's existence.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:55 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 04:55 PM #290 of 595
Sian, I think that's the last time we saw Claire. I am also thinking about where she is. =/

I'm also curious what's going to happen to Aaron and Sun's kid. They're just kinda back on the mainland as far as I know.

With Kate being the supposed mother of Aaron and no kin left, where did Aaron go? We know Ben was after him, but it's pretty clear Ben didn't take him to the Island.

Meanwhile, Sun also has no kin in the US - Where did her kid go? After all the hoopla about O GOD, I WANT TO HAVE THIS BABY IN A HOSPITAL, she sure did stop caring pretty quickly about that kid's existence.
Sass, isn't suns child with Sun's mother?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:04 PM #291 of 595
Sass, isn't suns child with Sun's mother?
O, yea. Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall this.

Eitherway, that still doesn't explain why all the kids are back on mainland...? I mean, I thought these children were very important to everyone! What will Jin say? What will Claire say? ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:26 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2009, 12:26 AM #292 of 595
O, yea. Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall this.

Eitherway, that still doesn't explain why all the kids are back on mainland...? I mean, I thought these children were very important to everyone! What will Jin say? What will Claire say? ;_;
Well with the way she was acting all tough girl the last time we saw her maybe she gets all angry that they took her kid from her? I dunno...but I do know that I want these little bits tied off neatly before the final season.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:05 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2009, 10:05 PM #293 of 595
I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

Spoiler:
Holy shit Desmond beat the fuck out of Ben. God damn. I was so worried he was going to kill PENNEH, so that was rather satisfying. And that ending with the judgement? GOD DAMN.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:13 AM #294 of 595
This was probably my favorite episode of the season. For the first time in a long time I was actually entertained throughout, not to mention the episode was hugely satisfying from a character and mythology perspective. Seriously, this episode was nigh-perfect.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:19 AM #295 of 595
I also really enjoyed last night's episode. I wouldn't say it was nigh-perfect, but I enjoyed it.

I'm happy the smoke monster appeared. <3

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:58 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2009, 07:58 PM #296 of 595
This was probably my favorite episode of the season. For the first time in a long time I was actually entertained throughout, not to mention the episode was hugely satisfying from a character and mythology perspective. Seriously, this episode was nigh-perfect.
Yep. This.

I think the mark of how much I enjoyed it was that this time around I was irritated as FUCK the whole way through by my brother's constant coughing. Usually I just shrug it off, but goddamn this week's ep was engaging.

Spoiler:
The Temple. Right.

So it's got a perimeter wall around it which clearly extends several miles. That's loopy. And we still haven't seen the building itself. WHAT.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:01 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 02:01 AM #297 of 595
Excellent, very satisfying episode. Filled out some blanks, especially why Whitmore wants to kill Ben.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:27 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 03:27 AM #298 of 595
To tie up one loose end, they'll need to explain why Hurley was willing to go back to the island. We already know how or why the rest of them came to be on the flight. Maybe he saw another "ghost" that told him to go.

Speaking of seeing dead people..
Spoiler:
I'm happy to see that they're going to make use of Miles next week. He's the last of Widmore's crew that's still around (actively.) I'm guessing that Faraday will come back later when all that time-travel business becomes a problem again.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:37 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 10:37 AM #299 of 595
Miles has become the most awesome character anyway, so I hope they will show more of him.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:01 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 12:01 PM #300 of 595
Originally Posted by striped phantom
Spoiler:
I'm happy to see that they're going to make use of Miles next week. He's the last of Widmore's crew that's still around (actively.) I'm guessing that Faraday will come back later when all that time-travel business becomes a problem again.
Spoiler:
Well, the first episode after the impending two-week break is called "The Variable", which I can only assume is another wild-as-fuck Desmond/Faraday escapade.

Fuck two-week breaks, though.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]