Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] The 2006-2007 NBA Season Discussion Thread

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:18 AM Local time: Nov 13, 2006, 08:18 AM #101 of 358
Yeah, Yao was on fucking fire near his end of last season. And he's picking up right where he left off: absolute monster.

Some other fun remarks about games yesterday:

-Interview lady greeted Dwyane Wade: "LeBron..."

-Shaq's shoes weight 5.8 lbs. ZOMGWTF.

-Sac-town's Kevin Martin is absolute beast. Leading the team in scoring shooting at an astounding 54%, with a three, some boards, and 2 steals a game. He's also made his last 36 free throws.

-Elton Brand is back. After two sub-10 scoring games (he had none of those last season), he finally has that familiar 20/10 game we're all so used to seeing, with some of everything else (except threes, of course). Need to work on that free throw shot, though. He couldn't miss in the pre-season. Don't know what's going on now. :/

-LeMarcus Aldrigde Debuts with a 10/8 performance in 19 minutes. Pretty damn good.

-Vinsanity with a ridiculous 3 (on a high bounce) on the Wizards to send it to overtime where the Nets dominate it.

-I like how every there has been commentary in every game I've watched so far about the new ball and how no one likes it.

-Yao Ming is awesome.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:12 PM #102 of 358
Originally Posted by nazpyro
-Interview lady greeted Dwyane Wade: "LeBron..."
Ouch ... did she correct herself. How did Dwyane react?

-Shaq's shoes weight 5.8 lbs. ZOMGWTF.
Each? Or both together?

-Sac-town's Kevin Martin is absolute beast. Leading the team in scoring shooting at an astounding 54%, with a three, some boards, and 2 steals a game. He's also made his last 36 free throws.
The guy's good. He's still pretty much under the radar, but I bet we'll soon hear more about his play.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 01:35 PM #103 of 358
Originally Posted by bishop743
Yeah, Yao is really doing some work this season. I think McGrady will turn things around. He missed a lot of last season so it'll take him some time to find his stroke again, but he will. I'm actually suprised that Yao is doing so well since he missed quite a bit of time last year too. He needs to keep it up until T-Mac finds his way. If both of them are struggling, the Rockets don't have a chance.
I think Yao missed like 25 games, and McGrady missed like 10+ more than that.

Yao was a tank last year though, making up for T-Macs not being there.

And yeah, Yao was amazing last year. In games from Feb. 22nd to Apr. 7th he scored 20+ points (with the exception of two games) and had 10+ rebounds (with the exception of five games), including a 21 rebound game and 8 30+ point games.

Best center in the league?

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 01:45 PM #104 of 358
Originally Posted by Ryuu
Best center in the league?
Yeah, he is. But that's not really saying a whole lot, though. With Shaq in the twilight of his career, there aren't very many dominant centers in the game. It's a guard's game now. But Yao is definitely one of the top 10, maybe even top 5, players in the league right now.

Most amazing jew boots
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 01:59 PM #105 of 358
Yeah, Yao has become the best center in the league. It should be easy for him to dominate, since there really isn't any center who could go toe-to-toe with him. More than a decade ago, Shaq had to contend with the likes of Hakeem, Ewing, and David Robinson. Yao has it relatively easy.

Unrelated, here's a nice interview with TNT's Ernie Johnson: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...cus/index.html

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 02:28 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2006, 12:28 PM #106 of 358
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Ouch ... did she correct herself. How did Dwyane react?
She went: "LeBron..Dwyane." He didn't react to it. He either didn't hear it or just let it slide.

Each? Or both together?
Both together, but still! Shaq's running on babies every time he plays!

Oh, and Yao's comments on Shaq yesterday:

Originally Posted by YAO
Every time I score on him I was happy like a kid, like a kid getting candy on Halloween because it's really too hard to score on him, too hard. He's just great.
Made me lol. Best center in the league? Without a doubt. And in fantasy bball, he's probably the most untradeable player right now (and I have him in my money league ).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 07:37 PM #107 of 358
The All-Star balloting has begun: http://www.nba.com/allstar2007/asb/e...ml?from=sweeps

When it comes to the All-Star Game, I am a proponent of voting for players I want to see, not necessarily who's most deserving. I mean, that's what the coaches are for -- they name the reserves

I see that they switched up some of the positions this year. Clever. They're trying to minimize the chaos that is the Western Conference forwards. T-Mac is now listed as a guard, as opposed to under forward last year. Amare is now a center, though I can't remember what he was listed under last year.

I will try to vote daily, whenever I remember to. Here are my votes.

East
G: Allen Iverson
G: Dwyane Wade
F: Lebron James
F: Chris Bosh
C: Ben Wallace

West
G: Steve Nash
G: Tracy McGrady
F: Kevin Garnett
F: Carmelo Anthony
C: Yao Ming

Most amazing jew boots
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 07:53 PM #108 of 358
Nice picks there. The only thing that was different in my picks is that I put Chris Paul as a starter instead of Steve Nash. He's having a better season thus far AND I'd much rather see him right now than Nash. No disrespect to Nash, of course. I'm gonna try and vote everyday too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 08:02 PM #109 of 358
Yes, I had to wrestle with that one... I like Chris Paul's game a lot. I was watching "NBA Stories: Chris Paul" the other day, and he is a great kid as well.

I'll probably alternate my votes between Chris Paul, Steve Nash, and probably Ray Allen. Maybe I'll even stick a vote in there for Kobe just for the heck of it.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:14 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2006, 09:14 PM #110 of 358
Ugh... 'Melo. I can't stand the guy. Definitely on my list of players I just hate in the NBA.

For Western forwards, my top choices are KG, The Matrix, Dirk, and EB. But for who I wanna see... Ron Artest, yo.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
waka waka

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:45 AM #111 of 358

East
G: Allen Iverson
G: Dwyane Wade
F: Lebron James
F: Chris Bosh
C: Ben Wallace

West
G: Steve Nash
G: Tracy McGrady
F: Kevin Garnett
F: Carmelo Anthony
C: Yao Ming
The lack of Shawn Marion confuses me. Take Anthony out and put Marion in.

FELIPE NO
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 01:41 PM #112 of 358
Originally Posted by Ryuu
The lack of Shawn Marion confuses me. Take Anthony out and put Marion in.
Why does it confuse you. It's an All-Star Game, not an All-NBA team. You can vote for The Matrix if you prefer watching him over Carmelo. I personally would like to see Anthony play in his first All-Star Game.

Like I said, I am in favor of fans voting for players they want to see perform in an All-Star Game, not necessarily players that are most deserving (even if it were, and even conceding the argument that Marion is the more efficient player, I find it hard to believe that he is more deserving than Anthony).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:12 PM #113 of 358
The vacuum sound you hear nowadays in Madison Square Garden is Stephon Marbury sucking.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:17 PM #114 of 358
The vacuum sound you hear nowadays in Madison Square Garden is Stephon Marbury sucking.
Maaaaaan, you aren't kidding. You know, I thought the team would be at least a little better this year. I figured they'd perform better, if nothing else, to spite Larry Brown. But, it seems like they are even worse this season. "Starbury" has been a joke his whole career to me. When Phoenix traded Jason Kidd for this clown, I was like "shiiiiiiit, you some dumb motherfuckas!" ugh! I can't stand that dude. .... UGH!!!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by bishop743; Nov 15, 2006 at 05:19 PM.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:55 PM #115 of 358
Why does it confuse you. It's an All-Star Game, not an All-NBA team. You can vote for The Matrix if you prefer watching him over Carmelo. I personally would like to see Anthony play in his first All-Star Game.

Like I said, I am in favor of fans voting for players they want to see perform in an All-Star Game, not necessarily players that are most deserving (even if it were, and even conceding the argument that Marion is the more efficient player, I find it hard to believe that he is more deserving than Anthony).
Meh...At the very least include Paul Pierce .

Still, the games have been very enjoyable to watch as I've stated, though that game the Rockets played completely broke down against the Spurs. They were up big, but pretty much gave up on defense for a while.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:22 PM #116 of 358
Wow the Rockets, over the last couple games, have let huge leads slip away. They had a huge lead on the Spurs and ended up losing. Last night, they had a 21-point lead against the Bulls, and were only able to win by one point. The Rockets have some serious issues when it comes to closing teams out.

Also, sucks for the Nuggets that Kenyon Martin is out for the year.

How ya doing, buddy?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:31 PM #117 of 358
The Rockets ... Shane Battier almost fouled Nocioni on that buzzer 3-pointer. Oh, that would've made Van Gundy tear his (what's left of it) hair out.

The loss of K-Mart will hurt Denver a bit. Who else is injured ... Larry Hughes' injury was more serious than first diagnosed, and will be out at least two games. Bucks' Villanueva will be out a few weeks. Darius Miles needs another surgery and is out for the season.

And Chris Webber just want out.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:25 PM #118 of 358
The loss of K-Mart will hurt Denver a bit. Who else is injured ... Larry Hughes' injury was more serious than first diagnosed, and will be out at least two games. Bucks' Villanueva will be out a few weeks. Darius Miles needs another surgery and is out for the season.

And Chris Webber just want out.
How can you forget about The Diesel, man? :P He's gonna miss 4-6 after having knee surgery. In the two games since he's been out, the Heat have gotten blown out by the Knicks and barely gotten by the Hawks.

Steve Nash missed tonight's game against the Jazz because of back spams. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

Kobe Bryant became the youngest player in NBA history to score 17,000 points against the Raptors on Friday. I'm sure you guys remember the last time he played the Raptors he scored 81 points, but in Friday's game, he ONLY scored 31 points. PFFT! Scrub!!

And, I think word is getting out: Gilbert Arenas is a pretty good player. 45 points tonight in a victory over the Cavs which ended their 5-game winning streak.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by bishop743; Nov 18, 2006 at 11:38 PM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 06:59 PM #119 of 358
Originally Posted by bishop743
How can you forget about The Diesel, man? :P He's gonna miss 4-6 after having knee surgery. In the two games since he's been out, the Heat have gotten blown out by the Knicks and barely gotten by the Hawks.

Steve Nash missed tonight's game against the Jazz because of back spams. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

Kobe Bryant became the youngest player in NBA history to score 17,000 points against the Raptors on Friday. I'm sure you guys remember the last time he played the Raptors he scored 81 points, but in Friday's game, he ONLY scored 31 points. PFFT! Scrub!!

And, I think word is getting out: Gilbert Arenas is a pretty good player. 45 points tonight in a victory over the Cavs which ended their 5-game winning streak.
Oh yes, how could I forget about Shaq. He'll likely miss the Christmas matchup with Kobe and the Lakers ... that's kind of disappointing. And Nash as well -- they really could've used him last night in the loss against the Jazz, who are 9-1 and playing so well.

Kobe Bryant 17,000 points in 28 years and 86 days will eventually be surpassed by Lebron James, provided that Lebron stays healthy.

Chris Paul had a career high of 35 last night in a win over the Timberwolves. Peja hit the gamewinner ... a dagger.

FELIPE NO
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 04:43 PM #120 of 358
5'9" Nate Robinson SNUFFS 7'6" Yao Ming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqlaN31OzDs

Yao turned and probably didn't know Nate was already in midair anticipating the shot. Block of the year, so far

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 04:54 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 02:54 PM #121 of 358
I don't give that block much respect. The time is Yao. Nate Robinson was pretty much just wildly flailing himself and his arms, and in fact, stabbed Yao in the eye. Meh. Plus, Yao's been blocked by shorter. :/

Arenas is damn good. He's currently the #1 fantasy player too. He my boy. Unfortunately, he's some weak sauce on the road. At home, he's 36.6. ppg and 4.6 tpg, both on 51% shooting. On the road, a mere 18.3 ppg on 28% shooting, 0.8 3s on 17%. And they got a road trip coming up. The Wizards are 4-1 at home, 0-4 on the road. They gotta beast up. :/

Utah Jazz leading the power rankings. Deron Williams is QUICKLY becoming the PG the Jazz drafted before Chris Paul last year. Whooo, it's exciting.

Chris Webber is a fucking idiot. But we all know that. :/

EDIT: Also need to mention D-How's second straight 20/20 game. He's getting better by the second.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
waka waka

Last edited by nazpyro; Nov 21, 2006 at 05:01 PM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:06 PM #122 of 358
Utah's definitely playing some great ball. I watched the Jazz-Raptors game last night, and the Jazz came back from a 16-point third quarter deficit. And with the win, Jerry Sloan becomes the first NBA coach to reach 900 wins with one team.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:20 PM #123 of 358
I had no idea the Jazz would rebound this quickly after the departures of Stockton and Malone. Those two had been such a fixture on that team, I thought it woudl take the organization SEVERAL years to get back on track. But, the brass and Jerry Sloan have done an excellent job in the draft over the last couple years. Big ups to the organization for keeping Sloan around too. He's definitely my early pick for Coach of the Year.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 06:34 PM #124 of 358
It baffles me that Jerry Sloan has never won Coach of the Year.

How ya doing, buddy?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:51 AM #125 of 358
Wow, Utah just came back from down 21 points to win by nine at Arco Arena...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] The 2006-2007 NBA Season Discussion Thread