Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] The 2006-2007 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:20 PM #76 of 358
Wasn't McGrady injured with back problems for most of last year? Could be something relating to that, but hopefully it's not injury-related just rustiness.

Though I have to say that something is wrong, and that he does need to get out of whatever slump he's in in order for the Rockets to push on through the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:38 PM #77 of 358
Yeah, he played in only 47 games last year, bothered by his bad back. It's been a chronic problem, and I recall McGrady admitting that he likely only has a few more years left of playing at an elite level.

Supposedly, he's healthy and pain-free right now. But there's an alarming amount of rust on his jumpshot. I've gotten so used to seeing him simply elevate over defenders and drain shot after shot -- the sight of him missing everything is shocking.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:53 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 09:53 PM #78 of 358
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Read up on some NBA news and articles today ... this one is funny:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...117199,00.html
Goddamn, I love Cuban more every time he talks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:06 PM #79 of 358
Cuban sure makes an interesting read and soundbite.

And speaking of headlines and such, Lang Whitaker does an annual piece for SI.com where he gathers the most interesting-but-often-falls-under-the-radar news bits. A lot of it is pretty funny.

Here's the 2005-2006 edition: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ies/index.html

And here's the 2004-2005 edition: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nks/index.html

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:00 PM #80 of 358
And speaking of headlines and such, Lang Whitaker does an annual piece for SI.com where he gathers the most interesting-but-often-falls-under-the-radar news bits. A lot of it is pretty funny.

Here's the 2005-2006 edition: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ies/index.html

And here's the 2004-2005 edition: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nks/index.html
Nice finds man. Some very intriguing stuff in there.

And man, Philly is the only team left undefeated in the East. Whodathunkit? Last year they were a horrible mess.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2006, 02:27 AM #81 of 358
Originally Posted by bishop743
And man, Philly is the only team left undefeated in the East. Whodathunkit? Last year they were a horrible mess.
Well, no longer ... they were soundly beaten by the Pacers tonight. I watched the entire game, and they just didn't bring it. Iverson himself had just 20 points and 3 assists.

I also watched the end of the Cleveland-Atlanta game. What a finish. Lebron missed a crucial freethrow near the end of regulation, allowing Lue to make the desperate game-tying layup to force Overtime. And Joe Johnson took over in OT, and the Hawks won. Cleveland had the game in the bag, but missed freethrows by them down the stretch essentially cost them the win.

And then I watched the Timberwolves-Lakers game. That kid Andrew Bynum ... he did very well (to get on the nerve of Timberwolves fans everywhere). He could be a force in this league. And I think it's time Randy Foye gets more minutes for the Timberwolves. For a rookie, he's very steady with the ball, and plays under control. He's also a good slasher, very aggressive to the rim.

Foye is ready to contribute big time -- the Timberwolves don't have time to wait around. I don't have much more patience with watching the Timberwolves lose because of Eddie Griffin jacking up stupid shots, or Marko Jaric coughing up the ball, or Troy Hudson always being way too trigger-happy. I can't stand how so often when Kevin Garnett goes to the bench for a breather, the Timberwolves fall to pieces.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:24 AM #82 of 358
Well, no longer ... they were soundly beaten by the Pacers tonight. I watched the entire game, and they just didn't bring it. Iverson himself had just 20 points and 3 assists.
Yeah, I probably jinxed them or something. They were playing great ball until I mentioned how well they were playing. Oh well, sucks for them.

I also watched the end of the Cleveland-Atlanta game. What a finish. Lebron missed a crucial freethrow near the end of regulation, allowing Lue to make the desperate game-tying layup to force Overtime. And Joe Johnson took over in OT, and the Hawks won. Cleveland had the game in the bag, but missed freethrows by them down the stretch essentially cost them the win.
I saw that game too. Everyone seems to want to compare LeBron to MJ but that's not the case. With the game on the line, Jordan would not have missed that free throw. As great as James is, he still has a LONG way to go before he can even think about approaching that level.

And the Hawks are 3-1, that's suprising considering that they started 0-9 last season. I don't think their success will hold up but they are forming a nice nucleus there for in the future.

The New Orleans Hornets are 4-0, and only one of two undefeated teams left in the Association (Utah Jazz). They've put together a great mix of young and veteran players. Chris Paul is just out of his mind right now. The guy's only in his sophmore year but he is already the unquestioned leader of that team. They can definitely make some noise in the West.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 03:56 PM #83 of 358
WOW, what a great night of NBA basketball last night -- FOUR game winners: Chris Bosh hit a long three over Chris Webber, Jamal Crawford hit a three off a scramble, Hedo Turkoglu hit a turnaround three with Rashard Lewis right on him, and Delonte West hit a long two at the buzzer.

Two supposedly powerhouse teams are surprisingly winless: Denver and Dallas. Let me post a picture of Mark Cuban from last night's 18-point loss against the Clippers -- he looks like he's about to kill someone:

Spoiler:

And Phoenix is also struggling at 1-4, with Amare being inconsistent. At times he looks very hesitant and not very explosive. He had some nice dunks last night in his first start of the season against San Antonio, but he was wide open for those dunks thanks to Steve Nash. The Suns play the Mavericks tonight -- both teams should be hungry for a win.

I saw that game too. Everyone seems to want to compare LeBron to MJ but that's not the case. With the game on the line, Jordan would not have missed that free throw. As great as James is, he still has a LONG way to go before he can even think about approaching that level.
I do recall MJ missing a freethrow or two during his career with a chance to seal the win. But once in overtime, MJ would always redeem himself and put the other team away with his killer instinct. You're right ... Lebron has a long way to go.

The New Orleans Hornets are 4-0, and only one of two undefeated teams left in the Association (Utah Jazz). They've put together a great mix of young and veteran players. Chris Paul is just out of his mind right now. The guy's only in his sophmore year but he is already the unquestioned leader of that team. They can definitely make some noise in the West.
Well, the Horntes are the only undefeated team now Good for them. I'm happy for Chris Paul and company.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 04:14 PM #84 of 358
I do recall MJ missing a freethrow or two during his career with a chance to seal the win. But once in overtime, MJ would always redeem himself and put the other team away with his killer instinct. You're right ... Lebron has a long way to go.
Yeah, a couple times during his ENTIRE career. LeBron is only in his 3rd season and I can think of about a handful of times where he has let this happen. He's a young guy, but still...

A lot of people are making a big deal about him walking off the court last night with 10 seconds to go against ATL. I don't think it's a big deal and it's not the same thing as Randy Moss walking off the field that time when he was with the Vikings. I mean, it was wrong to do but unlike Moss, LeBron has been a standup guy who has class and sportsmanship. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 06:06 PM #85 of 358
Yeah, a couple times during his ENTIRE career. LeBron is only in his 3rd season and I can think of about a handful of times where he has let this happen. He's a young guy, but still...
You're right ... Lebron is still developing. He's got the stats, but now he needs to prove that he's a winner. Last season, he showed us that he can be clutch. But missing key freethrows (he missed two last night in the final minute of regulation, and another one on overtime) just leaves a bad taste in fans' mouths.

A lot of people are making a big deal about him walking off the court last night with 10 seconds to go against ATL. I don't think it's a big deal and it's not the same thing as Randy Moss walking off the field that time when he was with the Vikings. I mean, it was wrong to do but unlike Moss, LeBron has been a standup guy who has class and sportsmanship. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.
What, I didn't know he walked off! Did he just quietly slip away, or did he storm out? I'm guessing he was just upset at himself because he essentially cost his team the game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 06:35 PM #86 of 358
What, I didn't know he walked off! Did he just quietly slip away, or did he storm out? I'm guessing he was just upset at himself because he essentially cost his team the game.
No, he didn't storm out or make a scene. I believe he, or someone else on the Cavs, took a shot. The shot was a brick, and when Atlanta grabbed the rebound, he calmly walked off the court. There was about 10 seconds left but the game was well out of reach by that time.

Like I said, I didn't really think it was that big of a deal. Maybe he shouldn't have done it but it was nothing to make a big fuss about, in my opinion.

Double Post:
Here's an article about the whole thing: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2655852

Last edited by bishop743; Nov 10, 2006 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:30 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 09:30 AM #87 of 358
Originally Posted by ^
"I've seen Reggie Miller score eight points in nine seconds, so it has happened," he said.
And remember when T-mac did 13 points in 33 seconds? Legendary.

Man, 6 times in the last 2 weeks, I've fallen asleep on my couch to these games. Loving NBA League Pass.

Anyway, Mavs finally won in a shootout in Phoenix. So, yeah. Only the Nuggets are winless now. Who knew?! Oh, and no one's undefeated now.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Last edited by nazpyro; Nov 10, 2006 at 11:55 AM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:40 PM #88 of 358
Thanks for the article, bishop743

Originally Posted by nazpyro
And remember when T-mac did 13 points in 33 seconds? Legendary.
When healthy, Tracy McGrady is top 5 in this league. But he probably isn't even top 10 now, and he's admitting this in a stunningly candid article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nba/index.html

It is the rarest thing for a 27-year-old superstar to admit that he's no longer the elite player he once was. That's the kind of thing no player would even want to admit to himself, because you'd start believing it in. The article also makes an interesting point:

Quote:
McGrady is an interesting test case for the NBA. Personnel people are studying him, Kevin Garnett and other teenaged draft picks in hope of recalibrating the standard graph for NBA longevity. The traditional thinking has been that NBA players are at their peak between 28 to their early 30s, but that traditional model was based on rookies who used to enter the league in their early 20s after three or more years of college.

McGrady was drafted as a 17-year-old in 1997. When Larry Bird had played as many NBA games as McGrady -- 617 -- Bird was a 30-year-old whose body was already starting to break down, leading to his retirement five years later.
Of course, every player is different. T-Mac is a unique case in that he has a chronic back ailment. You look at Kobe and KG -- the latter has already logged on more minutes than the Celtic great who drafted him, Kevin McHale -- and they are still going strong despite nagging injuries that have piled up. But it does make you wonder, just how what Lebron's game and health will be like at age 30, which will be during his 12th NBA season.

As for T-Mac's 13 points in 35 seconds, it was one of the most amazing things in basketball I had ever seen. I remember watching the game while slumped in my couch -- thinking the game was essentially over -- with headphones on soft enough so that I could still hear Steve Kerr and Marv Albert call the game.

Then it happened. It unfolded shot by shot, and by the end I fell out of my couch. And my jaw was on the floor.

Okay, you know what -- I am going to upload this game for you guys. Y'all wait for it

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:53 PM #89 of 358
When healthy, Tracy McGrady is top 5 in this league. But he probably isn't even top 10 now, and he's admitting this in a stunningly candid article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nba/index.html

It is the rarest thing for a 27-year-old superstar to admit that he's no longer the elite player he once was. That's the kind of thing no player would even want to admit to himself, because you'd start believing it in. The article also makes an interesting point:

Of course, every player is different. T-Mac is a unique case in that he has a chronic back ailment. You look at Kobe and KG -- the latter has already logged on more minutes than the Celtic great who drafted him, Kevin McHale -- and they are still going strong despite nagging injuries that have piled up. But it does make you wonder, just how what Lebron's game and health will be like at age 30, which will be during his 12th NBA season.

As for T-Mac's 13 points in 35 seconds, it was one of the most amazing things in basketball I had ever seen. I remember watching the game while slumped in my couch -- thinking the game was essentially over -- with headphones on soft enough so that I could still hear Steve Kerr and Marv Albert call the game.

Then it happened. It unfolded shot by shot, and by the end I fell out of my couch. And my jaw was on the floor.

Okay, you know what -- I am going to upload this game for you guys. Y'all wait for it
I'm very suprised to see him actually admit that he has diminished a bit as a player. Like you said, few people rarely even want to admit that to themselves, let alone to the world. I hope he has several good years ahead of him though. It'd be a shame if he went down the same path as his former teammate, Grant Hill, went.

Dude, it'd be awesome if you uploaded that game. Not since Reggie Miller's explosion in the Garden had I seen anything like that.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 07:21 PM #90 of 358
I'm upping the game as we speak. I'll have it ready for you guys either later tonight or tomorrow.

And uh, Mark Cuban was in Phoenix last night for the Mavericks' first win. He's is a big fan of David Stern -- as he constantly makes reference to the "David Stern University." And that shirt is priceless:

Spoiler:

EDIT:

Alright -- T-Mac's legendary 13 points in 35 seconds performance. Here is the entire game, broken into three .rar files. You'll need all three parts to extract.

Houston Rockets (8-11) vs. San Antonio Spurs (16-4) -- Thursday, December 9th, 2004 (Boxscore)

Part 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/epjg4s
Part 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/avf0e6
Part 3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9xkzu

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Timberwolf; Nov 10, 2006 at 10:40 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 08:49 AM #91 of 358
T-Wolf, you're the man. Now, I can relive that unforgettable night anytime I want to. Thanks again.

Also, a couple things that stood out for me from last night's games:

1) The Nuggets finally got their first win of the season after beating Philly. Carmelo had a very nice game with 31 points.

2) The Lakers got straight UP beat DOWN by Pistons, and the Pistons didn't even have Rip in their lineup. Kobe Bryant had 19 points but it was a very quiet 19. The Lakers lost by 14, but going by the way they performed, they should have lost by 40. Maybe this is a sign that the Pistons are starting to return to form in the post-Ben Wallace era.

3) Even though Miami won last night over the Nets, they really look like a tired, aging team. They were out-played and out-hustled most of the night. Richard Jefferson's injury... and D-Wade's 34 points... is what got them over the hump. For Wade, it has been a long year. He's pretty much had no break at all with win the title and playing in the basketball championships. I hope he doesn't break down.

Last edited by bishop743; Nov 11, 2006 at 09:07 AM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:30 PM #92 of 358
No problem -- enjoy the game

Yeah, the Lakers played poorly last night. Kobe had only 2 points entering the fourth quarter, and that's when he finally got aggressive. I don't understand how he thinks. So far, the players who are playing very well are Luke Walton and Andrew Bynum -- which doesn't say much about this team. Lamar Odom has essentially ducked back into his shell since Kobe's return. You also get the sense that if Jordan Farmar weren't a rookie, Phil Jackson would've already yanked Smush Parker from the starting lineup.

And how about those Atlanta Hawks! The youngest team in the NBA leading the East at 4-1.

And it's without a doubt now: Yao Ming is the best center in the NBA. He put up 35 points, 17 rebounds, 2 assists, 7 blocks, and 1 steal last night in a win. For the season, he's averaging 26.2 points, 9.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 2.3 blocks, while shooting 59.6% from the field and 86.7% from the line. Looks like T-Mac doesn't have to shoulder as much load as he did before. This might even extend his career.

As for Wade ... I too hope he doesn't get worn out. You're right -- playing basketball non-stop for 13 months will drain your body. Good thing he's a young guy.

Last edited by Timberwolf; Nov 11, 2006 at 12:36 PM.
Goubot
Chocobo

Member 4134

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 03:00 PM #93 of 358
I would've just liked the last quarter or something, if I recall, the game wasn't much until then (Houston was getting killed until McGrady's outburst). But yeah, the comeback was one of the most amazing things I've seen.

And yeah, hopefully Yao's monstrous numbers can keep up so that McGrady doesn't have to force himself into a role he's not ready for yet. Right now his shooting is awful, but he's doing pretty well as a facilitator and is doing a solid job on the boards. Even if he returns to form, he really should be deferring to Yao anyway.

Dunno if it's been said, but the Blazers are 4-2 and it's mostly been Zach Randolph, who's been tearing the league up so far. He's averaging 28.5 and 11.7 , and he's shouldered the load when they were down by 27 yesterday. I'm not a fan of his personality or anything, but his on court play has just been great. Now, to be fair, the Blazers have been winning by pretty slim margins, so I don't think this will keep up, but Randolph deserves some props.

The Nets match up badly with the Heat, but they probably could've pulled that one out yesterday if Jefferson didn't get injured. It's kinda funny to know New Jersey fans in real life, since they were basically calling for trades for basically everyone except Kidd and RJ after this loss. New Jersey's going to be in a little bit of trouble if RJ's out for an extended period of time. On the other hand, Carter's numbers are probably gonna benefit from his absence, and it is a contract year....

How ya doing, buddy?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 03:34 PM #94 of 358
Originally Posted by Goubot
I would've just liked the last quarter or something, if I recall, the game wasn't much until then (Houston was getting killed until McGrady's outburst). But yeah, the comeback was one of the most amazing things I've seen.
For me personally, the shock value of the McGrady sequence can be appreciated fully when watched in context of the entire game. You get the full effect of what he accomplished when you watch the whole thing

Plus, I just like to have the entire game, rather than the last minute off Youtube or something.

Originally Posted by Goubot
Dunno if it's been said, but the Blazers are 4-2 and it's mostly been Zach Randolph, who's been tearing the league up so far. He's averaging 28.5 and 11.7 , and he's shouldered the load when they were down by 27 yesterday. I'm not a fan of his personality or anything, but his on court play has just been great. Now, to be fair, the Blazers have been winning by pretty slim margins, so I don't think this will keep up, but Randolph deserves some props.
Man, the Blazers are a suprise at this point. Randolph is definitely playing amazing ball. They need him to continue what he's doing with Roy out, and Darius Miles needing another surgery.

I don't see the Blazers doing much this year, though.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 05:18 PM #95 of 358
Yeah, there have been a lot of suprising developments so far in this young season. Atlanta, Portland and New Orleans starting off so well... Dallas, Phoenix and Denver starting off so poorly. As the season progresses, though, things will start to even out. Both the contenders and pretenders will show themselves.

If Yao keeps playing the way he has been, it will help out McGrady in a huge way. Yao looks like he's finally becoming that dominant force many of his critics thought they'd never see. Many felt that he didn't have the attitude or mindset to be a dominating big man, but so far, he's proven the doubters wrong.

And, for the record, I'm glad you uploaded the entire game. Seeing it all from beginning to end makes you appreciate the end result even more. It's like Jordan's shot in Game 6 of the '98 Finals. Everyone talks about the shot itself, but seeing the whole game and his steal at the end to get to that point, make it even more incredible.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by bishop743; Nov 11, 2006 at 05:23 PM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:14 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 09:14 PM #96 of 358
Thanks Timberwolf. LEGENDARY video right there.

What also could've been legendary but instead was just outright ridiculous? I just finished watching the Jazz/Bucks game. Michael Redd out of THE Ohio State University went off for 57 points and missed a game-winning three as time expired. The whole end was ridiculous. If Redd tied it or won it, it would've been LEGENDARY.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:25 PM #97 of 358
Originally Posted by nazpyro
What also could've been legendary but instead was just outright ridiculous? I just finished watching the Jazz/Bucks game. Michael Redd out of THE Ohio State University went off for 57 points and missed a game-winning three as time expired. The whole end was ridiculous. If Redd tied it or won it, it would've been LEGENDARY.
What? Are you telling me Redd had a chance to get 60 points off of a game-winning 3-pointer... AND MISSED!? Oh man, that just negates his 57 points right now man. The Jazz have been good this year so far, so I'll let him slide a bit on this.

Also, LeBron and Friends overcame a 25-point defecit to beat the Celtics tonight, 94-93. The Cavs needed every single one of Bron-Bron's 38 points to pull that one out.

.... umm... and the Pistons are getting schooled by Golden State. It's 47-26 late in the second quarter. So much for Detroit returning to form.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:28 AM #98 of 358
Wow, he missed the three?! He missed the one that would get him 60 and the win?!

That's gotta hurt so bad.

I'm checking the boxscore... 18 for 32 on field goal ... 15 for 17 on freethrows ... 25 points in the fourth quarter alone ... new franchise record (2 more than Kareem) ... awesome personal performance

Here's the photo of Redd hitting the three that gave him 57 points, and tying the game at 111 before Harpring scored the game winner:

Spoiler:

Also, LeBron and Friends overcame a 25-point defecit to beat the Celtics tonight, 94-93. The Cavs needed every single one of Bron-Bron's 38 points to pull that one out.
I watched this game on TV. Lebron made another mistake in the end that nearly cost them the game. Up 94-93 with 1.2 seconds left, he was fouled and went to the line for two freethrows.

He missed the first... which was bad enough.

Then he meant to intentionally miss the second, since the Celtics had no more timeouts -- and thus any rebound would quickly run out the remaining 1.2 seconds on the clock. Well, he did purposely miss the second foul shot, but he DIDN'T hit the rim. Which meant the Celtics could inbound the ball with the 1.2 seconds that was remaining.

The Celtics inbound lob was a long one, and Paul Pierce caught it. He launched a three-pointer that ALMOST went in...

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Timberwolf; Nov 12, 2006 at 01:11 AM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 01:44 AM #99 of 358
Yao shines in yet another dominant performance -- this time against Shaq -- leading the Rockets to a blowout win with 34 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists. He shot 12-13 from the line.

T-Mac is really taking a backseat at this point. He's getting his shots, but he's just not making them. He'll find his groove, sooner or later.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 09:02 AM #100 of 358
Yao shines in yet another dominant performance -- this time against Shaq -- leading the Rockets to a blowout win with 34 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists. He shot 12-13 from the line.

T-Mac is really taking a backseat at this point. He's getting his shots, but he's just not making them. He'll find his groove, sooner or later.
Yeah, Yao is really doing some work this season. I think McGrady will turn things around. He missed a lot of last season so it'll take him some time to find his stroke again, but he will. I'm actually suprised that Yao is doing so well since he missed quite a bit of time last year too. He needs to keep it up until T-Mac finds his way. If both of them are struggling, the Rockets don't have a chance.

Last edited by bishop743; Nov 13, 2006 at 01:26 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] The 2006-2007 NBA Season Discussion Thread