Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 02:24 AM #1 of 422
2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion

All discussions pertaining to the NFL's preseason and regular season go here. Training camps are opening all over the NFL and its time for a new year. The six month wait is over and the charge for the Lombardi is underway.

2006 preseason week-by-week schedule
Spoiler:

All times are US/Eastern

HALL OF FAME GAME
Sunday, Aug. 6
GAME TIME
Oakland vs. Philadelphia (Canton, Ohio) 8:00 p.m. (NBC)

Return to top

WEEK 1
Thursday, Aug. 10
GAME TIME
Indianapolis at St. Louis 8:00 p.m. (FOX)
Cleveland at Philadelphia 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 11
GAME TIME
New England at Atlanta 8:00 p.m. (CBS)
Denver at Detroit 7:30 p.m.
N.Y. Jets at Tampa Bay 7:30 p.m.
N.Y. Giants at Baltimore 8:00 p.m.
Chicago at San Francisco 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 12
GAME TIME
Pittsburgh at Arizona 4:00 p.m.
Buffalo at Carolina 7:30 p.m.
Jacksonville at Miami 7:30 p.m.
Kansas City at Houston 8:00 p.m.
New Orleans at Tennessee 8:00 p.m.
Dallas at Seattle 10:00 p.m.
Green Bay at San Diego 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 13
GAME TIME
Washington at Cincinnati 8:00 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Aug. 14
GAME TIME
Oakland at Minnesota 8:00 p.m. (ESPN)

Return to top

WEEK 2
Thursday, Aug. 17
GAME TIME
Kansas City at N.Y. Giants 8:00 p.m. (FOX)
Philadelphia at Baltimore 8:00 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 18
GAME TIME
San Diego at Chicago 8:00 p.m. (CBS)
Cincinnati at Buffalo 7:00 p.m.
Detroit at Cleveland 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 19
GAME TIME
Arizona at New England 8:00 p.m. (NFL Network)
Carolina at Jacksonville 7:30 p.m.
Miami at Tampa Bay 7:30 p.m.
Atlanta at Green Bay 8:00 p.m.
Houston at St. Louis 8:00 p.m.
Minnesota at Pittsburgh 8:00 p.m.
N.Y. Jets at Washington 8:00 p.m.
Tennessee at Denver 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 20
GAME TIME
Seattle at Indianapolis 8:00 p.m. (NBC)
San Francisco at Oakland 8:00 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 21
GAME TIME
Dallas at New Orleans (Shreveport, La.) 8:00 p.m. (ESPN)

Return to top

WEEK 3
Thursday, Aug. 24
GAME TIME
Miami at Carolina 8:00 p.m. (FOX)
Friday, Aug. 25
GAME TIME
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia 8:00 p.m. (ESPN)
Arizona at Chicago 8:00 p.m.
Baltimore at Minnesota 8:00 p.m.
N.Y. Giants at N.Y. Jets 8:00 p.m.
Detroit at Oakland 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 26
GAME TIME
Tampa Bay at Jacksonville 8:00 p.m. (CBS)
Cleveland at Buffalo 6:00 p.m.
Indianapolis at New Orleans (Jackson, Miss.) 7:00 p.m.
Atlanta at Tennessee 8:00 p.m.
San Francisco at Dallas 8:00 p.m.
Washington at New England 8:00 p.m.
St. Louis at Kansas City 8:30 p.m.
Seattle at San Diego 11:00 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 27
GAME TIME
Houston at Denver 8:00 p.m. (NFL Network)
Monday, Aug. 28
GAME TIME
Green Bay at Cincinnati 8:00 p.m. (ESPN)

Return to top

WEEK 4
Thursday, Aug. 31
GAME TIME
Buffalo at Detroit 7:30 p.m.
Carolina at Pittsburgh 7:30 p.m.
Jacksonville at Atlanta 7:30 p.m.
New England at N.Y. Giants 7:30 p.m.
St. Louis at Miami 7:30 p.m.
Baltimore at Washington 8:00 p.m.
Chicago at Cleveland 8:00 p.m.
Minnesota at Dallas 8:00 p.m.
Tampa Bay at Houston 8:00 p.m.
New Orleans at Kansas City 8:30 p.m.
Denver at Arizona 10:00 p.m.
Oakland at Seattle 10:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 1
GAME TIME
Tennessee at Green Bay 4:00 p.m.
Cincinnati at Indianapolis 7:00 p.m.
Philadelphia at N.Y. Jets 7:00 p.m.
San Diego at San Francisco 10:00 p.m.

How ya doing, buddy?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 06:33 PM #2 of 422
I think this season has the makings of being a special one. There are tons of intriuging subplots to look at this year.

>> How are guys like Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and Vince Young gonna do in their rookie campaigns if given the opportunity?

>> How will proven stars like Daunte Culpepper, Edgerin James and Drew Brees fair with their new teams?

>> Is this the last season that we will see the greatness that is Brett Favre on display?

>> How will teams like the Colts, Patriots and Eagles rebound after having subpar seasons last year?

>> Will Big Ben and the Steelers be ready to defend their championship?

... and so much more.

I think it's going to be a fantastic season.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:10 AM #3 of 422
Well, the Colts and Pats aren't coming off subpar seasons at all.

Indeed, I too am looking forward for a great season ahead. Speaking of which, I've posted here this morning to gloat. To all Panther fans, I just got 2 tickets to the Buccaneers/Panthers game Week 3 this year (along with a few to the Seattle game on Week 17). Muhahaha!

I don't know how the hell I pulled that one off. Every year, its next to impossible to get tickets. I tried the Washington game first on ticketmaster.com (tickets went on sale today at 10AM). Waited for a few minutes, froze, none left. Looked at every game. Came back to the Carolina game, found two LOWER-LEVEL tickets for 69 a piece. Couldn't believe it. I then found 3 for the Seattle game, which was even more astounding to me. Unbelieveable

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:50 AM #4 of 422
Originally Posted by BucPride
Well, the Colts and Pats aren't coming off subpar seasons at all.
In my opinion, they are. When your entire season rides solely on whether or not you win the Superbowl, and you don't win it, it's a disappointing year.

Originally Posted by BucPride
Indeed, I too am looking forward for a great season ahead. Speaking of which, I've posted here this morning to gloat. To all Panther fans, I just got 2 tickets to the Buccaneers/Panthers game Week 3 this year (along with a few to the Seattle game on Week 17). Muhahaha!

I don't know how the hell I pulled that one off. Every year, its next to impossible to get tickets. I tried the Washington game first on ticketmaster.com (tickets went on sale today at 10AM). Waited for a few minutes, froze, none left. Looked at every game. Came back to the Carolina game, found two LOWER-LEVEL tickets for 69 a piece. Couldn't believe it. I then found 3 for the Seattle game, which was even more astounding to me. Unbelieveable
Congrats man. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. I wasn't so lucky.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:16 AM #5 of 422
Originally Posted by bishop743
In my opinion, they are. When your entire season rides solely on whether or not you win the Superbowl, and you don't win it, it's a disappointing year.
I don't know about that. I would consider it a dissapointing playoff run, but not a dissapointing season. Two years ago the Steelers had a 15-1 season but lost in the AFC championship. I still consider it to be one of our best seasons.

I was speaking idiomatically.
bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 02:05 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 03:05 PM #6 of 422
Originally Posted by Wojo
I don't know about that. I would consider it a dissapointing playoff run, but not a dissapointing season. Two years ago the Steelers had a 15-1 season but lost in the AFC championship. I still consider it to be one of our best seasons.

Unfortunately, in today's society, anything less than a championship is considered a dissappointment by some. look at the Cowboys. the expectations are terribly high this year. i'll be happy even if we win just the NFC East. honestly, the toughest competition is the Panthers. i think we can beat most of the other teams in the NFC.
If you're a bottom dweller and get to 8-8 or 9-7 the next year, that's a pretty darn good tunaround.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hopeā„¢

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 05:53 PM #7 of 422
The NFC East is the most competitive division in the NFL, period.

Any four of those teams has what it takes to take it all the way.

Most amazing jew boots
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 08:26 PM #8 of 422
What's with all the injuries so early?! And during training camp!?

Steve Smith

DeMarcus Faggins

LeCharles Bentley

Just to name a few.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Ryuu; Jul 29, 2006 at 08:28 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:28 PM #9 of 422
Originally Posted by Wojo
I do see your point, but with certain markets, I really think that it's either Superbowl or bust to their teams and fans alike. To some franchises, the playoff run IS their season, if you get what I'm trying to say. Last year, half-way through the season, the Colts were the pre-ordained pick to win it all. Yeah, they had a spectacular reg. season but after they lost to the Steelers in the playoffs, just about everyone talks about that loss instead of talking about their near-perfect reg. season.

But again, I do get what you're saying.

Originally Posted by Ryuu
What's with all the injuries so early?! And during training camp!?

Steve Smith

DeMarcus Faggins

LeCharles Bentley

Just to name a few.
It doesn't look like the Steve Smith hamstring injury is that serious at all. I'm praying it isn't. But yeah, the pre-season has seen it's share of major injuries. Just look at the Michael Vick injury a couple years back.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:37 PM #10 of 422
Originally Posted by bishop743
I do see your point, but with certain markets, I really think that it's either Superbowl or bust to their teams and fans alike. To some franchises, the playoff run IS their season, if you get what I'm trying to say. Last year, half-way through the season, the Colts were the pre-ordained pick to win it all. Yeah, they had a spectacular reg. season but after they lost to the Steelers in the playoffs, just about everyone talks about that loss instead of talking about their near-perfect reg. season.

I agree with you. Obviously, if I'm a Cardinal or Lions fan, I'll I'm praying for right now is a winning season and a trip to the post-season. If I'm a Panther or Colts fan, the superbowl is whats on my mind.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:35 AM #11 of 422
I can't believe Bunkley hasn't signed yet. His agent is totally screwing the Eagles. He's a frickin MORON.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 07:51 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 10:51 PM #12 of 422
Kinda off topic - regarding the Hall of Fame, the Rocky Mountain News has a good article about the induction of John Madden into the Hall.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:59 AM #13 of 422
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
I can't believe Bunkley hasn't signed yet. His agent is totally screwing the Eagles. He's a frickin MORON.
Well he was signed.

Anyways, Hall of Fame game today - American Football, my friends, has come once again.

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:20 PM #14 of 422
Yeah, can't wait for tonight, Eagles and the Raiders. I gotta wait until Friday for the Bucs/Jets preseason game. I actually went down to Disney where the Bucs are in Training Camp, got into The Wide World of Sports for free.

A lot of suprises. Caddillac looked really sharp, as did the defense (as always). Simms didn't miss a guy all day. Gruden did, however, tear into Bruce Gadorski (sp) our 6th round draft pick. You could hear him 50 yards away giving him shit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by BucPride; Aug 6, 2006 at 03:01 PM.
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:47 PM #15 of 422
Is the first preseason game even televised? I cant seem to find a listing for it anywhere.

Most amazing jew boots
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:50 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 10:50 AM #16 of 422
It's the Hall of Fame Game, and that's usually televised from what I can remember. I'll try looking around to see if it's on.

e: 8:00 EDT on NBC

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 04:04 PM #17 of 422
Go Patriots. I want to see another Lombardi Trophy in Tom Brady's hands.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:11 AM #18 of 422
The Eagles first team offense and defense looked great. The 2nd and 3rd teams didn't, but fortunately, the first team is all that really matters.

It's only preseason, but all you can ask is for the players to play great in the little time they are given. So pumped for football.

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Last edited by DragoonKain; Aug 7, 2006 at 02:34 AM.
Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 11:25 AM #19 of 422
Who the hell watches preseason games?

I don't see any point in watching unless you like watching 3rd and 4th stringers.

Most amazing jew boots
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 09:09 PM #20 of 422
You're right there is no point. I watched the first few minutes and then it got boring as fuck.

I should have turned off the TV once I heard the name Jeff Garcia.

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:16 AM #21 of 422
I watched the first half. Thats about it. Its interesting if its the team you root for, since I watch all of the Bucs preseason games, since I like to look at the young, developmental talent here that I won't get a chance to see for some time.

bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:32 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 01:32 PM #22 of 422
Originally Posted by Chairman Kaga
Kinda off topic - regarding the Hall of Fame, the Rocky Mountain News has a good article about the induction of John Madden into the Hall.
Speaking of the Hall of Fame inductions, I didn't know Troy aikman had emotions., i was pleasantly surprised to see him almost cry. he had a great speech. i was gald to see all the former players in the crowd: Emmitt, Michael, Moose.... *wipes tear from eye* lol.... oh the good ol days...

Rumors have it that Terrell's injury is more serious than advertised. just great... they sign him to a nice deal, the hopes are legitimatly high this year, and he's out for the few few games. F--K that! he better not play at all on saturday against the Seahawks. he needs to rest as ASAP for the regular season. not too mention we play the underrated Jaguars in week 1. and what's this??? freddy mitchell "the people's champ" might sign the team??? say it ain't so!!!!!

Most amazing jew boots
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:01 PM #23 of 422
We Have A New Commissioner. Roger Goodell, Paul Tagliabue's right hand man, has been voted in on 1st vote. NFL Network is about to show a press conference.

From ESPN.com...

"NORTHBROOK, Ill. -- Roger Goodell was chosen as the NFL's next commissioner Tuesday, succeeding the man who groomed him for the job, Paul Tagliabue.

The 47-year-old Goodell worked his way from a public relations intern to perhaps the most powerful job in sports. He was elected on the fifth ballot among the league's 32 owners."

FELIPE NO
Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:27 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 10:27 PM #24 of 422
I hope Roger Goodell does a better job than Paul Tagliabue. The 49ers and Broncos cheated the salary cap during the years they won Super Bowls, and what did Tags do? Slap them on then wrist.

Originally Posted by bighunt
Speaking of the Hall of Fame inductions, I didn't know Troy aikman had emotions., i was pleasantly surprised to see him almost cry.
Yeah, same here. I enjoyed his speech. Sara White (I sniffed a few times, especially when Reggie's bust was unveiled) and Warren Moon as well. Good to hear Al Davis again! LOL! For these who missed the induction, couldn't get to see it (like me), or want to watch again, packers.com has streaming videos.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 09:03 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 06:03 AM #25 of 422
I thought Tagliabue did a terrific job during his many years at the helm of the NFL. The game has never been more popular, and with the current salary cap any team has a chance to win every year. Many teams built new stadiums in his era. Lots of money was made. The Players Association and the Owners maintained constant contact, too. Truthfully, I think you're going to be one of the few to complain about him.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE; Aug 9, 2006 at 09:06 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 2006-2007 NFL Season Discussion