Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Blood+ Discussion

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 04:39 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 01:39 AM #26 of 71
I've just been watching the raws because I can't wait for the subs anymore. I don't know what the hell's going on, or why Diva...

Spoiler:
...looks like a prepubescent boy after the one year timeskip.

I'll have to redownload the eps once they're subbed by Shinsen or Bakazo...something.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Roku
Looking towards a better tomorrow

Member 1255

Level 10.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:10 PM #27 of 71
Dammit, I'm soooo tempted to watch the raws now. But I feel I'd just be waiting more eagerly for the subs if I watch it >_<

Spoiler:
For some reason I was expecting Diva to make Kai into her chevalier - I was gaping when I saw she killed Riku instead. Guess it's one of the few animes I watched where a main character who's been with you such a long time dies without warning

Would anyone have a translated script of episodes 33,34?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jonus
the other me

Member 437

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 04:29 AM #28 of 71
Blood+ is great, probably the best show of 2006. Its fresh and it has more or less realistic characters. If you are tired of anime stereotypes, give this one a try.

How ya doing, buddy?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 04:50 PM #29 of 71
Episodes 33 through 37 have been released in the last week. Characters have changed in appearance but not in attitude. Seems Diva has taken Riku's body or something like that. She looks a lot like him now. Saya is shutting herself out from the others. Kai is more mature and is still in love with her.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 07:21 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 04:21 PM #30 of 71
Anybody else still following this series? Things are moving along pretty nicely and the fight scenes are getting the sexy treatment they deserve. I believe the anime's on episode 43 or so, but the sub-groups are taking their sweet time subbing the goodness. A few of the raws are available on youtube for your viewing pleasure~

Spoiler:
Solomon's left Diva to protect Saya, Hagi's gotten a lot stronger, Diva IS pregnent with Riku's babies and has taken on Riku's physique, David got shot.

Spoiler:
SHIT FUCKING BLOWS UP.

Most amazing jew boots
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 08:14 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 06:14 PM #31 of 71
I'm still following it, mainly just because it's the "another anime under my belt" reason, but it's still enjoyable. Quite slow, but still nice. I don't like Saya's new "I'm a tough bad ass motherfucker" attitude, it's just not her, I don't think. Haji is still the same old Haji. I think I'm up to 37 or 38 with Shinsen subs, I think.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:35 PM #32 of 71
Yeah, I'm watching the raws also. It's not that difficult to figure out what's going on and you can always check out anime blogs for summaries if you're a little confused.

By the way, does anyone know where I can download any of the three Blood+ mangas? I don't mind if they're raws or scanlations, just want to check out the quality of the art and all. Fifty episodes is a rather large investment for me in DVDs, so I'm thinking about picking up the manga instead.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:24 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 10:24 AM #33 of 71
I've been looking for the three manga too, since I hear they're actually pretty good. I read the first three chapters of one and the artwork looked nice. The story's different, taking a direction the anime clearly isn't. There's new characters that show up early on who start shit and force Saya to mature a little bit faster.

Production IG released the first chapters from all three manga on their website.

They're in PDF format (bleh) but still viewable. I haven't downloaded them yet.

Also, on Saya's strength in the anime.

Spoiler:
Saya's still refusing to drink human blood, so she's still incredibly weak. Yeah it's kind of a drag that she isn't owning people left and right, but I imagine they'll make up for it toward the end of the series (which is coming up soon).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Roku
Looking towards a better tomorrow

Member 1255

Level 10.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 04:22 AM #34 of 71
Whao, just watched episode 42.

Spoiler:
I was actually laughing at the posts from some forums which yelled "RAPE! RAPE!" at Riku's death scene. Ok, it was questionable - considering his attire (or lack of) at the time of death.

But after watching this episode....... this is so twisted....

Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:34 AM #35 of 71
I've watched up to episode 43 so far. This is by far one of the best Anime series that I've seen. Back when people were giving up on the earlier episodes, because it was "boring" to them, I kept going and found myself continuously intrigued. The development is excellent, both character-wise and story-wise.

Spoiler:
The change in Saya is cool too. I hope there are more scenes with the Schiff though. I also feel that Saya's current condition might not be enough to take on Diva's chevaliers and Diva herself. It seems that Saya is very low in her preparation too. She only has Haji...well, and Solomon. I hope they aid her against Diva. Other than that, there were tons of deep moments of bonding between Saya and Jahana, Jahana and Kai, David and Julia.

Jonus
the other me

Member 437

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 04:50 PM #36 of 71
Yeah hands down blood+ is a very nice show. I like how everything turns out at the moment (episode 43).

I don't think the first few episodes are boring, just the opposite, they are great.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:34 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 05:34 PM #37 of 71
I just got done reading the first three chapters of the manga and reading spoilers regarding the manga. It's pretty different from the anime (well, sort of). For one there's a new character that screws with Saya near the beginning. He might be a Chevalier of some kind, but he seems to be pretty strong.

Other than that, the manga's very good. I wish the guy scanlating them would continue, but he can't seem to find any more RAWs and pretty much stopped after chapter 4 (I believe). You can find the first few chapters scanlated here.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:14 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 02:14 PM #38 of 71
Holy fuck man, how many OP themes does Blood need to have. Just when I'm getting settled on the "new theme" a new OP replaces it. I'm at 40 and I really don't like it, but at least I can fast forward . I personally like the first and third one the best. For a 50 episode series, I expected it to have maybe 2 or 3 OP themes max, but whatever. I guess this is the same with Eureka 7.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:08 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 07:08 PM #39 of 71
OMG OSAKA.

But yeah, I hear you man. I actually found Season's Call to be my absolute favorite, with the UVerworld one my second. The 4th OP absolutely sucks, though.

FELIPE NO
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:59 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 08:59 PM #40 of 71
YOUR EX-WIFE IS NOW HITLERETTE, AND MY RIGHT-HAND (WO)MAN.

The 4th op thats in episode 39 plus? Terrible vocals man. It's been a while since I heard the first OP.

青空のナミダ (Aozora no NAMIDA) by Hitomi Takahashi(1-13), damn, gotta get that song, same with Colors of the Heart. I forgot what the 2nd one sounds like now =/ (Too lazy to take out that dusty DVD to just listen to it)

- What we all do best -
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:16 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 09:16 PM #41 of 71
Season's Call - Hyde

There's the 2nd OP. The first one wasn't memorable, IMO. Sounded pretty generic. But here it is anyway: First OP.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:50 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 10:50 PM #42 of 71
I'm the opposite. Perhaps I prefer faster tempo Jpop rather than the Jrock/alternative. It's not bad by any means, but it's not
I generally prefer OP themes such as this to have a more of a variety of chances in the melodic intervals as well as if it's in the minor key.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in the major key, just my lack of remembering what it sounded like, plus it's rock.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Aug 27, 2006 at 12:54 AM.
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 04:05 AM #43 of 71
I can't say that I'm too surprised that there seems to be a lot of complaints about the fourth opening since the vocals aren't exactly what most would normally listen to. That's not to say that I listen to these kinds of "weird" vocals everyday, but I personally didn't really find any problems with the song myself when I first heard it on episode 39, and actual do listen to it on occasions here and there now. I never gave the third opening a chance, but I do like the first and second one. I wouldn't exactly call the second one "rock" myself.

Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 03:35 PM #44 of 71
Spoiler:
Episodes 44 and 45 were depressing. The Schiffs (my favourite group in the series) have it the worst IMO. It was sad to see Moses and Karman both go like that. I hate James. It's coming very close to the end and most of Diva's Chevaliers are still alive. I don't know how they're going to end this one, but I hope Saya somehow finishes the job. It would've been better if Solomon had been befriended to their side. Now that the Schiffs are gone (except Lulu), Saya's team is only full of weaklings (except Haji).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 04:02 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 01:02 PM #45 of 71
Well, after watching the raw for episode 46 and reading a summary of what happened, I can kind of see the series ending at episode 50 now, especially once you figure out what the promise was between Haji and Saya roughly a century ago.

Though with so many Chevaliers still alive, I am a little bit concerned.

Spoiler:
I mean, James, Nathan, and Amschel are all still up and running. With the Schif practically gone, that leaves only Haji, Saya, and possibly Solomon around to beat him. However, with what happened with Solomon in episode 46...

Saya needs to drink a shitload of blood to make a difference in the next four episodes. I can't see any other way for her to even stand toe-to-toe with Diva now.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 06:40 PM #46 of 71
Honestly though, I'm somewhat disappointed that Saya hasn't fully wakened up yet. She still seems quite lacking in real combat skills and finds most of Diva's minions still difficult to fight.

Spoiler:
Well now I guess it's a three person team with Solomon on Saya's side now. I've only watched up to 40 and it seems he's not going to go full tilt on Saya like the rest of the gang. Amshel, on the other hand, looks like one bad ass mofo with attacks that don't really require much physical output. Haji has excellent reflexes, just seeing him stop countless projectiles aimed toward Saya with his "cello shield case".
On the other hand, I don't think Diva's full power has awakened yet. We still have to see her Chavelier form, unless her human form is it. Saya is a Chavelier but perhaps her human form is her only form as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but most of these episodes I've only had time to watch at like 1 in the morning, and let's just say my attention to details aren't great at that hour.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:37 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 11:37 AM #47 of 71
In the manga raws I've been reading (or staring at, since I can't read Japanese), Saya actually gets her arm cut off in a fight. She's able to heal the wound/reattach it, but it was still something I haven't seen her do in the anime yet. We might see glimpses of the extent of Saya and Diva's powers in the manga before we do in the anime.

Spoiler:
For those who dunno, the manga appears to be at the Red Shield Raid arc of the anime. I don't think Diva stole anybody's sneakers in the manga, though =/

I imagine Saya will have to suck somebody dry just to stand a chance. I don't want any of this "I'll never give in to being a monster!" bullshit and she beats Diva on determination or some crappy 'fluke.' I want to see them both got at it full strength, no-holds barred, in gravy sauce (but only if Diva's not a shota).

Spoiler:
Nathan is somebody also to consider, as he seems much stronger than most let on. He was able to stop James' chiroptera form while he was only in his base human form. I can kind of imagine Haji whooping on him again. Solomon can take Amschel, Saya beats James with Kai, and then Saya against Diva. Or Diva kills everybody~

How ya doing, buddy?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:39 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 04:39 PM #48 of 71
Originally Posted by Kurado

I imagine Saya will have to suck somebody dry just to stand a chance. I don't want any of this "I'll never give in to being a monster!" bullshit and she beats Diva on determination or some crappy 'fluke.' I want to see them both got at it full strength, no-holds barred, in gravy sauce (but only if Diva's not a shota).
I'd hate to say it, but with most traditional anime and Japanese script writing, it's usually when the good guy, or in this case, girl is getting wasted like no joke that when s/hes about to die or be defeated, some deus ex machina type method of resolution comes about to grant the protagonist some sacred power to deal a single coup d'grace towards the bad guy probably Saya will say something along the lines of:

Spoiler:
OH FATHER! I've come this far to defeat Diva, please...somebody....help me. Then we'll have the tpyical and cliched dreamy scene of her happy times, then it reverts back to the current sitation, with her saying some trite shit "I'll never give up to the LIKES OF YOU!!!! DIVA!!!! ARRHGHGHGHGH!!!!!"

I hate those endings too, but meh. It doesn't have to absolutely be an unseen or unpredicted force that will help conclude the final battle, but I won't be surprised that one of the fallen alies may come back again, some how, and grant Saya some life force to revive her. We'll just have to wait and see.

Diva killing everyone would be splendid.

Quote:
I imagine Saya will have to suck somebody dry just to stand a chance
Spoiler:
I've got a feeling it might be Solomon when he's getting his ass kicked later on. He'll tell Saya to suck his....neck. I mean, he's sorta a fence sitter, so he mind as well help Saya and be killed off peacefully rather than have to bear the consequences while he's still alive if Saya looses. It's a pretty logical thing, actually. Perhaps Solomon, if he did do that, didn't have faith in Saya, seeing what the other chiroptera are capable of.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Aug 28, 2006 at 06:42 PM.
TheFrenchLlama
'Pictures of Tohno-kun's sleeping face!'

Member 3851

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:37 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 04:37 PM #49 of 71
Spatula...

Spoiler:
While it's not 100% confirmed if it would kill her, but Diva's blood does run through Solomon's veins. Saya taking blood from Solomon could end up killing her, though there have been no hints to justify this theory. Who knows, it could end up making her stronger, like you've suggested.

I suppose if Diva was able to "mate" with Riku, Saya's Chevalier, then perhaps a Chevalier's blood/DNA aren't harmful to them? It's kind of convoluted at this point.

In addition, give me back hot Diva... none of this Bridget-shota-esque stuff. "It's a trap!" ;_;

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 06:30 PM #50 of 71
About Diva?

Spoiler:
WTF? I thought Diva basically took over Riku's (the little boy) body and basically morphed herself into it. I always thought they were the same entitiy since the time that Red Shield was destroyed on the ship. So they are seperate entities then? Riku is basically controlled by Diva rather than being part of her? I seriously must have missed out on some basic yet important details. Also, why would Diva's blood kill Saya? Weren't they born from the same chiroptera's "womb". I know her blood with her katana is basically lethal to most if not all chiroptera, so it would make sense that it would effect Diva. Just the thought of them being from the same blood line though...

- What we all do best -

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Blood+ Discussion