Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Rocky Balboa (2006)

Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 05:29 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 12:29 AM #26 of 55
Rocky 4 was defintely the best one of the series in my opinion. Now I might be biased because that was really the first rocky movie I saw, and I never really gave the others a chance and never really watched them the whole way through. But from the feedback here on the boards it seems as though a lot of people agree that rocky IV was one of the better ones and hey at least it had the best villain

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:07 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 01:07 PM #27 of 55
nah man, rocky 1 was the best. The rest were good but rocky 1 had a special feeling to it.

no homo
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:58 AM #28 of 55
Originally Posted by NovaX
I found Clubber really boring, I dunno maybe it's just me.

And with Rocky V, I felt it was alot more personal and beating Tommy Gunn meant alot more to Rocky. It also brought Rocky back to his roots and away from his "god-like" status, he wasn't beating Tommy to avenge Mickey or to change Russia, he was doing it for himself. It was a change, but I felt a welcome one.

Double Post:
LOL, I just read this on wikipedia, "Mr. T is currently training for an appearance in Rocky Balboa, the sixth installment in the Rocky series, where he reprises his role as Clubber Lang, though he will appear as a commentator only."
Yeah I read that a couple months ago and totally forgot about it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:27 PM #29 of 55
I've never seen a Rocky movie. This trailer has got me interested. I think I'll go watch them now.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 03:26 PM #30 of 55
#1 is probably the best. I rather like how they keep the boxing lingo/logistics in it (ie: Rocky being a southpaw and nobody likes fighting lefties, etc). #4 I've seen *the* most, hands-down.

Mr. T is making an appearance?! Holyshit. Thought he and Vanilla Ice went in to the used car business for good... =p

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:30 PM #31 of 55
You can't put Mr. T in the same category as that fool

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 04:05 PM #32 of 55
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:06 PM #33 of 55
The movie was great I thought, acting was good, story was decent and the pacing was nice. It was more like the first 2 movies where it's more story throughout the film and a big fight at the end. Definitly reedemed itself after Rocky V, any Rocky fan will like this I think.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:57 AM Local time: Dec 21, 2006, 12:57 AM #34 of 55
As a huge Rocky fan, I was both highly anticipating this, and a little skeptical.

Too be honest, I havent had this much fun at a movie in quite some time. The final bout is absolutely everything that you'd expect from a Rocky movie, and Sly worked his ass off.

Thematically it's much more similiar to the first movie than any of the sequals. You could even go as far as to call it a direct sequal to Rocky. Not that it pretends that the other 4 (except for Rocky V) didn't happen, it just very closely resembles the tone of the first one much more than any of the others.

Spoiler:
The ending was actually very similiar to the first. Rocky goes the distance with Mason and it winds up a split decision. Mason wins the fight by a point, but with the crowd on it's feet chanting for Rocky, and earning the respect of everyone Rocky "wins". Very close parellels to the first and his defeat against Apollo, but still earning the respect he feels he deserves.

I really enjoyed the nods to the earlier films. The egg drinking, staircase running, meat boxing, and the training montage. Thank god there was a training montage.

Overall I enjoyed it. It's not the best film in the series (that's Rocky I), but it's probably number 2. Definately reccommend.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:56 AM #35 of 55
Yeah I also loved how none of the music was new, it was all from the other films just a bit remasterd it seems.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:46 PM #36 of 55
Did it start with the scrolling white-on-black title cards like the other movies?

How ya doing, buddy?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 06:03 PM #37 of 55
Yup, said Rocky Balboa in white or yellow on a black backround with the music playing like always =]

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 02:27 PM #38 of 55
Definately a great and last Rocky movie. I sat through the whole credits to listen to some original tracks.

Congrats to Sly for making the effort to look that damn tough. I was hoping for an appearance by Clubber Lang XD.

Now onto the 4th Rambo >=]

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 06:49 AM #39 of 55
I saw this recently and I didn't like it very much. It was alright until the actual fight. That was way too fake. I guess I'm too used to watching real fighting in MMA.

FELIPE NO

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 07:01 PM #40 of 55
this is really a series that should have died after part 2. but unfortunately it suffered the sequel infection, the disease of being copied to death

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 06:49 PM #41 of 55
I loved it. The people next to me probably thought I was crazy, but they were doing the same thing .

"I own two watches!"

"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:01 PM #42 of 55
If you liked any of the Rocky movies, you really owe it to yourself to see this movie. What was great about the entire movie is that it actually felt like you were watching a true sequel to the first movie.

You can kind of tell that this is how Stallone wanted Rocky V to be, but he kind of fucked that up in the end.

In any case, I felt that dialogue was pretty strong with only a few lines coming off as either confusing or foolish. The writing was just as sharp as the first movie. I also liked how Mason wasn't a villain like Rocky III-V had, and was just another boxer trying to prove he wasn't a bum. It would have been nice to hear some new music to the movie, but the renditions of the old tunes were really nicely done.

Everyone in the theater I was in was really into the movie and I think most people enjoyed themselves.

This movie is a satisfying conclusion to the series. One of the best.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:32 PM Local time: Dec 27, 2006, 07:32 PM #43 of 55
This movie is amazing! It felt just like Rocky 1, I personally loved that they re-used the same music and the same clothes etc. Being a boxer myself the boxing was still kinda lol, but a lot better then the other crap around. The whole HBO thing was a nice touch for boxing fans. Although a lot of boxing fans are laughing at Antonio Tarver (who played Mason, he's not a HW to start with.. and then he lost really bad two months ago lol).
But I'm just happy there is another movie so I can forget Rocky five. Waiting for the complete box-set so I can finally buy these movies.

no homo
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 01:22 PM #44 of 55
I enjoyed it. I love boxing movies. This one wasn't as good as the first one (obviously). But, it was a good movie for an upgraded installment. There were a lot of encouraging moments throughout. I also liked the fight. This is the way to end the Rocky series, not with him acting as mentor for some punk kid and fighting him in a street brawl.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 02:44 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 02:44 PM #45 of 55
Just finished watching it, and I have to say its pretty darn good. Much better than I had expected. I really enjoyed how they set up the fight as an HBO broadcast, made it feel much more real. I wish I had been in the crowd.

Rachel joy
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 16985

Level 1.21

Dec 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 02:54 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 02:54 PM #46 of 55
so i've never seen any of the rocky movies..... but i hear the last ones really good. should i start at the beginning and watch all of them?

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:25 PM #47 of 55
so i've never seen any of the rocky movies..... but i hear the last ones really good. should i start at the beginning and watch all of them?
Watch 1 and 2, definitely. Three and four are a little worse for wear but have their charm. Skip Rocky 5.

FELIPE NO
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:32 PM #48 of 55
It's nice to go to the movies and not regret shelling out the cash (especially with the prices here). I thought it was very well done. Sly was in great shape. I'm curious as to whether that 315 lb clean and press was legit. I would guess they used at least a fake plate on either side, but then again it's fun to believe sometimes.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 03:49 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 01:49 AM #49 of 55
I saw this back before Christmas and thought it was great. Definitely more fun than I've had at the movies for a long while. It also helped that I had been to the Art Museum the day before and got to run up the steps in the pouring rain.

Did anyone else feel like the only reason why the girl's son was black was so the movie wouldn't only have stereotypical black characters?

Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 09:42 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 06:42 PM #50 of 55
Wow, I haven't seen anyone in this thread that's seen the movie, bash it.

I was quite skeptical and thought this movie would bomb out, but it seems as though there might just be a worthwhile flick to shell out nearly $15 bucks to see.

I mean, it better be worth it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Rocky Balboa (2006)