Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:21 PM #326 of 608
I love the fact that she use a key to lock the door, you know when you always need to find some key to open some door?

and I thought of something:
Spoiler:
do you think that those two gasmask man could be Rose husband and the detective trying to find her? but because she's in foggy or dark silent hill, she see them as a treat?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 11:32 PM #327 of 608
That'd be a good idea, but they're probably Cult Members or simply monsters dressed as miners, since this was a mining town.

Also, there were three of them.

FELIPE NO
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:38 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 07:38 PM #328 of 608
Originally Posted by Inhert
I love the fact that she use a key to lock the door, you know when you always need to find some key to open some door?

Spoiler:
do you think that those two gasmask man could be Rose husband and the detective trying to find her? but because she's in foggy or dark silent hill, she see them as a treat?
Not sure precisely what you mean, but the Starz thing alludes to the two men being separate from Rose for at least most of the film. Also, as far as I know, those Miners seem pretty malevolent. I don't think a twist involving them being the two men is viable.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:45 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 12:15 AM #329 of 608
Originally Posted by Inhert
Spoiler:
It's possible, but...
Spoiler:
...if you watch the 14-minute "Making Of" thing that was linked a few pages back, you'll see that there are some scenes where Rose and her husband are in the exact same place at the exact same time, but they don't see each other because they're in different dimensions (Rose is in dark or foggy Silent Hill while her husband is in the real-world "ghost town" Silent Hill). I won't dismiss the miner possibility just yet, though. It'd make wonderful use of that that good ol' "They look like monsters to you?" line from SH3. Maybe all the different "layers" of Silent Hill start to melt together at some point in the movie, and that's how Rose sees her husband and Gucci when that starts to happen. Speculation! We'll know next week.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 09:42 AM #330 of 608
Before we found out that they were miners, I originally thought they were investigators from out of silent hill and then became victims of the town.
I was thinking, "damn, those scientist/swat sure have crappy ass biohazard suits."

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:28 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 03:28 PM #331 of 608
I remember playing the first game and I kept on having to switch it off because obviously you have to play it at night with the lights off and the sound blasting out which makes it 10 times scarier. I never did get through it all, I was such a wimp.

But even though I don't play the games I'm still intrigued with this movie and I already have a brief understanding of the storyline from the games and I can't wait for this film. At first when I heard the news ages ago about the film I was thinking it would be crap, but after reading stuff in this thread and watching clips it does look like it'll be a good film.

I try not to have expectations of a film but I can't help it with this one, I really hope it's good because i've been watching out for this one long enough =p

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 05:30 PM #332 of 608
Originally Posted by a_brit
I remember playing the first game and I kept on having to switch it off because obviously you have to play it at night with the lights off and the sound blasting out which makes it 10 times scarier. I never did get through it all, I was such a wimp.

But even though I don't play the games I'm still intrigued with this movie and I already have a brief understanding of the storyline from the games and I can't wait for this film. At first when I heard the news ages ago about the film I was thinking it would be crap, but after reading stuff in this thread and watching clips it does look like it'll be a good film.

I try not to have expectations of a film but I can't help it with this one, I really hope it's good because i've been watching out for this one long enough =p
The first time I played the first silent hill was when i was in jhs. i played in broad daylight; there was so much sun pouring into my living room that it was like a purified zone and i still got scared from the stuff in the game so i couldn't continue (i was in jhs back then) but i finished game 1 last year.

Who here is planning to watch it next friday or saturday or will you wait a few days after the debut?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 06:59 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 08:59 AM #333 of 608
Seeing it opening night with a girl, my best firend and his girl.

It seems my little brother, and a gang of his friends, are planning on seeing it opening night as well.

How ya doing, buddy?
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 07:26 PM #334 of 608
Oh I hope to do so as well!

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 07:37 PM #335 of 608
Seeing it at a movie theater with perhaps other people in it. Going to buy a ticket and popcorn and a soda and then have my ticket ripped in half and given back the stub and then I'm going to walk down the corridor to the theater room and wait and watch ads while people come in and take seats. Then previews are going to start and I might be amused at one or two of them. Then the movie will stat, and I will watch it with my eyes. Then credits will come on and people will begin to leave. I will sit there until the credits are over just to avoid a crowd. Then I will get up and exit the theater corridor and leave the theater and begin to walk back home on the sidewalk and streets.

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 09:59 PM #336 of 608
I'm definetely planning to see it within the first 2 or 3 days of its release, if not the launch day itself. I want to watch it as quickly as possible so I can focus on AC the week after.

Has there been any word on the release of the official Soundtrack? Also, has it been confirmed yet whether Yamaoka is:

A) composing any new music

B) the movie will use some existing SH music (surely the main theme...)

or C) the soundtrack is entirely new.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 07:04 PM #337 of 608
The movie uses music from all 4 soundtracks, plus unused music. Gans commented on how Jeff Danna was brought in to help Yamaoka remix/adapt the original pieces for a film score and mix them in 5.1 sound.

As for an actual soundtrack release, there aren't any plans for one yet. Yet.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:51 PM #338 of 608
My film professor does reviews for a radio show, so he gets to sneak movies on Thursday night, so hopefully that's when I'll see it :biggrin:

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 01:02 AM #339 of 608
Originally Posted by a_gerontophile
Seeing it at a movie theater with perhaps other people in it. Going to buy a ticket and popcorn and a soda and then have my ticket ripped in half and given back the stub and then I'm going to walk down the corridor to the theater room and wait and watch ads while people come in and take seats. Then previews are going to start and I might be amused at one or two of them. Then the movie will stat, and I will watch it with my eyes. Then credits will come on and people will begin to leave. I will sit there until the credits are over just to avoid a crowd. Then I will get up and exit the theater corridor and leave the theater and begin to walk back home on the sidewalk and streets.
And then you will be alone on the sidewalk and you will not be able to see anybody. And then it will get foggy and you will begin seeing things in the fog and hearing strange noises. Then you will hear a siren and the world will go black. You will wake up in the theater alone and will watch the movie again. When you try to leave a second time, you will find that all the roads leaving are blocked. You will not be able to leave the theater. And that's when you find a lead pipe...

(popcorn SketchTheArtist)

[ MOBIUS ]
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 02:41 AM #340 of 608
Originally Posted by Motsy
As for an actual soundtrack release, there aren't any plans for one yet. Yet.
If the making-of thing and the trailers are any indication, a movie soundtrack would feel kinda like a Silent Hill "Best Of" album.

Going to see the movie opening night, with one or two friends. One of whom has a homemade Pyramid Head costume (he scared the crap out of some little kids with it last Halloween, heh), and I'll be spending this week jokingly pestering him to wear it to the movie.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 01:58 AM #341 of 608
Quote:
The movie uses music from all 4 soundtracks, plus unused music. Gans commented on how Jeff Danna was brought in to help Yamaoka remix/adapt the original pieces for a film score and mix them in 5.1 sound.
Wow, really? I thought it was established that the music would be all new, with Yamaoka supervising. So the movie will have new recordings of existing songs, or will they actually take the existing tracks in their original quality?

Quote:
If the making-of thing and the trailers are any indication, a movie soundtrack would feel kinda like a Silent Hill "Best Of" album.
Not if the soundtrack consists of new recordings, and not just re-used music taken straight from the games.

I just hope they use "Esperandote" in the credits. That would be awesome.

It just occured to me that I never mentioned my favorite moment in the history of the series. It was in the first game, shortly after you enter the unoccupied house (and after you get the three keys necessary to open the door in the back).

Once you unlock the backdoor and step back outside, the sky has suddenly gone pitch black. You're in this backyard, and it's completely dark, with some very eerie music playing.

This scene, which continues when you step out of the yard and take the long road into the school, is the defining moment in the series for me. When I was younger, I always found myself afraid of my backyard during the night. There was something creepy about seeing a bunch of tall trees swaying back and forth in the dark, like hulking creatures. This moment in the game recaptured that fear. It was the combination of audio and visual aesthetics to create this delightfully creepy moment, and it never gets old no matter how many times I replay it.

I really hope this part makes it in the movie.

How ya doing, buddy?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 02:00 AM #342 of 608
Originally Posted by Mobius One
And then you will be alone on the sidewalk and you will not be able to see anybody. And then it will get foggy and you will begin seeing things in the fog and hearing strange noises. Then you will hear a siren and the world will go black. You will wake up in the theater alone and will watch the movie again. When you try to leave a second time, you will find that all the roads leaving are blocked. You will not be able to leave the theater. And that's when you find a lead pipe...

(popcorn SketchTheArtist)
Well, my last name is "Mason" after all.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 02:52 AM #343 of 608
well aparantly there is only 1 new music and the rest are all from the game soundtrack... I doN,t really care because I love the music from the game.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 03:45 AM #344 of 608
I plan on catching this next Sunday. I hardly watch movies opening night anymore and with Sunday I can always catch an afternoon matinee. (cheap ftw!~) So I'll probably stay out of this thread after Thursday to keep myself from being spoiled too much. :P

valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 04:12 AM #345 of 608
noon on friday for me wahaha

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 04:26 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 11:26 PM #346 of 608
My birthday's on Friday, so I've basically forced my boyfriend into going with me opening night. Parents are also coming because they will be paying and treating it like my present :x

The music being remixed/adapted from the soundtracks makes me happy. More than happy. Now I don't have to worry about some lame, random numetal sounding crap being used during "action" scenes, or whatever.

xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 07:16 AM #347 of 608
I'm going to watch it a few days after the debut. Although I REALLY want to see it, I hate being in a crowded theater. I prefer having the entire room to myself or with a couple of other people only.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 02:59 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 11:59 AM #348 of 608
Lots of new clips here. See if you can spot the various SH tracks.

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 03:43 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 02:43 PM #349 of 608
Originally Posted by Motsy
Lots of new clips here. See if you can spot the various SH tracks.

If the rest of movie has the feel that those clips do, then...

I'm at a loss for words, and in a good way.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 06:14 PM #350 of 608
Very nice. Yeah, this movie is looking better all the time.

[ MOBIUS ]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie