Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 08:02 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 07:02 PM #1 of 608
Originally Posted by Eleo
I'd have the resolve to shave my own children
Laffo.

Part of the female-protagonist issue might be that SH hasn't had the best luck with male leads. Henry was a walking plank of wood, and Harry, while not bad for his time, was still kind of a dolt. James was the best male lead the series has had, and personally I found Heather to be a more believable, more human character. Not that James was necessarily bad, but Heather was the best the series has had so far. The correct amount of freaking out mixed with just enough taste for revenge (spoilers I won't go into).

And it's been mentioned that SH is full of maternal themes. It at least makes as much sense to have a female lead as a male one, even if it's taking liberties with the plot.

Either way, women are under-represented as far as SH main characters go. It'll be nice to see another good female lead, if Mitchell can pull off the Rose role.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
CelticWhisper

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 03:25 PM #2 of 608
They could probably do an adequate sequel with any of the remaining games. It really depends on how much they (Gans) want to continue the current plot. It would, however, leave the sticky matter of
Spoiler:
Getting Sharon/Heather back into the real world from the dead world they're in at the end of the film.

SH2 has a plot that would translate very well to the big screen, considering the way events unfold and the way James draws closer and closer to realizing what he had done.

SH4 would almost make a better movie than it did a game (though I do enjoy it as much as the others). It's the most visual of the series in that it tries to scare the player with what is shown rather than what isn't. The way the different worlds are introduced (and ended! Oh, the character deaths...) would make for some good unsettling moments.

If anything, I think I'd like to see an adaptation of SH2, whether they actually use the James/Mary/Maria plot or somehow work Chris into it. It would give them a chance to clarify Pyramid Head's as-of-yet inexplicable appearance in the first film, as well as tell a really warped story with an even more warped star to a lot of people who haven't heard it yet.

Then again, SH4 did have Eileen in the nurse costume...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
CelticWhisper

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 07:50 PM #3 of 608
Originally Posted by valiant
The way how the movie ended...I would say there isn't a possibility of connecting Silent Hill 1 with Silent Hill 3 anymore.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "impossible." "Never say never" and all that bollocks. It will certainly take some fancy dancing, but I think they could pull it off if they really wanted to. The demon still exists, and weird shit still goes on in the town. That should be enough of a window for them to do what they have to do in order to make SH3 work.

The more I think about it, though, the more I want to see a different SH game made film in the interim if they do continue this plot. At the very least, regardless of which order they follow, I'd like to see SH2 or SH4 get some representation.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie