Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Superman Returns

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:02 AM #1 of 232
Superman Returns

Being that I missed out on the creation of the official Spidey thread, I'll take on this one. While there isn't much footage besides the teaser trailer, I'll need a bit more to be sold on this film. But talk about the flick here.

http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:18 AM #2 of 232
Can someone tell me how Superman visits the remains of Krypton, a planet that had exploded.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:52 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:52 AM #3 of 232
I guess there's planetary debris, but ... really. What's there to visit?

Is Lex Luthor still going to be somebody I can't take seriously? I really like his recent cartoon portrayal over anything I've seen in the films.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:12 AM #4 of 232
Originally Posted by Sadako

Is Lex Luthor still going to be somebody I can't take seriously? I really like his recent cartoon portrayal over anything I've seen in the films.
It all starts out with scientists "discovering" a new planet which ends up to be the remains of Krypton. Kal-El leaves to not only see if there are any survivors or villains like Zod.

Lex Luthor won't be the wig wearing slightly goofy Lex Gene Hackman portrayed. They'll be some humour from the character but more of a sadistic kind that falls inline with Pre-Crisis Luthor.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:05 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:05 AM #5 of 232
Waiting rather impatiently for this movie to come out. It's about time they finally got the movie off the ground, what with the fiasco regarding Tim Burton and Nicholas Cage (LOL)....

From what I've heard so far, the story seems pretty interesting: Supes disappears for several years and returns to find that the human race has gotten on pretty fine without him. Lois seems to have moved on as well. How does he find his place in this new world, get back into Lois' life (awkward!!) and just what is Lex upto?

Heh, I just wanna see him fly!! Should be awesome, what with the new technology available today - a far cry from Christopher Reeve's awkward wire stunts.

:cheers:

I was speaking idiomatically.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:07 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:07 AM #6 of 232

Who are you kidding, pretty much anything out of the DC Animated Series' of the last decade beats the shit out of the comic book movies. I loved Batman Begins, but even it doesn't hold up to Batman: The Animated Series (although it is close I'll admit). Batman, JLA and Teen Titans all kick ass, and Superman is pretty good too.

- WraithTwo -

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:31 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:31 AM #7 of 232
Can you take Kevin Spacey seriously?

FELIPE NO
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:11 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:11 AM #8 of 232
I'm excited to see how Metallo looks in the film. He's had quite a number of differen variations throughout the years. He is who Superman fights in the movie, correct? Or is that just the video game version?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Six Machine; Mar 3, 2006 at 12:13 PM.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:54 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 02:54 AM #9 of 232
I think that's just for the video game, well he's one of the major villains he has to fight. For the movie, I think the main bad guy will be just Lex Luthor.

:cheers:

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:50 PM #10 of 232
I was just wondering what Supes will actually fight in the movie, if anything. Lex is a great villain, but he can't take a superman punch to the face. Either way I'm sure it will be good.

How ya doing, buddy?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:42 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:42 PM #11 of 232
in the first movie he didn't fight anybody as far as a slug fest. instead he had to deal with luthor's crazy plan to drop the san andreas fault into the ocean.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:09 PM #12 of 232
I belive this movie will be one of the best movies of this year, even X3.
We've all seen what Bryan Singer can do, a good X1 and a amazing X2.
I'm just sad we'll have to wait untill the middle of the year to watch this movie, at least there's Xmen 3 in may.

SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:25 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:25 AM #13 of 232
Even though I'm not a huge Superman fan (I've only seen the animated series and films, never read the comics), I have to say that I'm really excited for this movie. I'm hoping this film will revitalize the Superman film franchise, just as the Batman film series was saved by Batman Begins. The teaser trailer was one of the best trailers I've seen in a long time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Faust 72
Blue Fedora, Orange Socks!!

Member 1129

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:52 AM #14 of 232
This will be one of the most anticipating movie of the year. Its cool to know that Routh will play 3 roles as in Kal-El, Clark Kent, and Superman. I'll post some pics soon after I finish my work

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:39 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:39 PM #15 of 232
Originally Posted by Faust 72
This will be one of the most anticipating movie of the year. Its cool to know that Routh will play 3 roles as in Kal-El, Clark Kent, and Superman. I'll post some pics soon after I finish my work
Why the hell wouldn't Routh play Superman, Kal-El, and Clark Kent? They are all the same person.

However, more like Tom Welling.

FELIPE NO
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:53 PM #16 of 232
Originally Posted by Faust 72
Of course he will. The film isn't any of that Smallville or John Byrne nonsense but draws more from the Pre-Crisis/Silver Age era.

DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:51 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:51 PM #17 of 232
I'm a little cautious about how this movie could turn out, given the long pothole-filled road it had to travel down in order to reach it's current state.

Don't believe me? See the full story here

Or for a shorter (and more funny/entertaining version), see what Kevin Smith had to say when he was commissioned to write a draft for Superman V

Other links of interest:
I'm a big Superman fan, and I really hope they do a good job in with this movie... but I'm not setting my expectations too high, because I don't want to be massively disappointed.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:05 AM #18 of 232
Citing an internet forum as evidence is akin to asking a 5 year old what he thinks of international relations during the Regan administration.

You just bury yourself deeper with that Kevin Smith garbage

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:33 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:33 AM #19 of 232
Hmm, someone's a bit tetchy today I've been noticing alot of your posts in this sub-forum since the restoration have been filled with blanket heavy cynicism, hence why I'm not too bothered ^___~

In any case, I used the link to the other forum because the post there did a good job in summarising details of the events that I've been following, and I saw no reason to reinvent the wheel (frankly I couldn't be arsed re-summarising everything as I have better things to do with my life... and I mean, would you look at how long that thing is? These events backtrack into the last millenium).

As for the Kevin Smith Q&A segment, I put that in more for the fact that I actually found him to be quite funny in it, and I thought other comic book fans would gain similar enjoyment from it. Plus I generally prefer the health benefits of humour over development of gallstones anyday

How ya doing, buddy?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:55 PM #20 of 232
People are saying that Singer's current version of Superman is shaping up to be just as bad as the canned versions. Is that even a surprise.

Burton's version sounds crazy, but it would probably have been good regardless. Although the Supermobile sounds idiotic. The score by Elfman would blow the John Williams score away, though. No joke.

It's stupid not to base the new movie on the events of Superman's death. Singer's version is just a rehash with wannabe comic nerd elements. Visiting the remains of a planet that exploded doesn't work, sorry.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:59 PM #21 of 232
Would you get off that exploded planet bit.

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:43 PM #22 of 232
Originally Posted by DukeBox
Hmm, someone's a bit tetchy today I've been noticing alot of your posts in this sub-forum since the restoration have been filled with blanket heavy cynicism, hence why I'm not too bothered
Well, wait a minute. The internet has taught us nothing if not "Buyer Beware". Case in point - Megalith. Now he came along before the crash and stuck his finger up all our asses with the news that AintItCoolNews has it confirmed that Jack Black will play Kyle Rayner in the Green Lantern movie.

The next week Jack Black, his agent and D*C told everyone that it was bullshit. There was no GL movie. Theres been 5 or 6 scripts opted for the last decade but none of them were worth note.

I'm cynical because I've seen this "dog and pony show" before. The internet is quick to denounce what it disagrees with but is quick to support something if majority rules. That doesn't hold any water with me.

And for the record - John Williams is now the second most nominated man in Oscar history (and I believe tied for second in living ((composer)) Oscar wins with John Barry? but beaten by Alan Menken) and what does Danny Elfman have? A shitty narrowly redundant career in which he hates himself and what he does. Elfman is a hack, a has been and someone who continues to cash in on his former (admittedly excellent) glory days before Tim Burton movies became cliches of themselves.

John Williams = 45, Danny Elfman = 3

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:09 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 03:09 AM #23 of 232
Yeah, but Lehah, Danny's done ok for himself considering he's had no formal musical training.

He's rocked out with his kick ass band, oingo boingo, done some memorable soundtracks, and he did get an academy award nod for the score for Good Will Hunting. On top of it all he's married to bridget fonda and she's hot.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Meth; Mar 8, 2006 at 10:54 AM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:14 AM #24 of 232
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
Yeah, but Lehah, Danny's done ok for himself considering he's had no formal musical training.
Vangelis can't read sheet and he has an Oscar.

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:39 AM #25 of 232
Originally Posted by LeHah
Vangelis can't read sheet and he has an Oscar.
And Cong Su has an Oscar for 2 mins of music in "The Last Emperor." I think you might be putting a little too much faith in the tin ears of Oscar voters, since their choices of Vangelis and Santaolalla over Williams are totally indefensible. The Academy just doesn't like Elfman very much, since they think he doesn't write his own music.

Still, while we're on the topic of composers, I'm curious what your opinion on John Ottman is, since he'll be the one actually writing the score and adapting Williams' material.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Superman Returns