Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Thank you for putting up with me!

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:23 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2010, 05:23 PM #1 of 7
Thank you for putting up with me!

Think of the person/people who you're closest to. Doesn't have to be your mate/significant other, but I imagine your spouse/lover/significant other would be the easiest target.

What are some of the biggest things you feel you "put up with" about other people, and that you feel they should be grateful to you for?

Alternatively, what are some things you feel you're most grateful about people putting up with you?

===============================================
I'm grateful that people close to me put up with my whining, and incessant/obsessive cleaning when I should be spending quality time with them. I also have a tendancy to butt into people's conversations that I don't realize until much later that it may not have been appropriate at the time.
For the most part, I'm deeply relieved my friends seem to see past this and keep me hanging around anyhow.

The biggest thing I feel I "put up with" is when a certain someone acts nonchalantly around my apartment as if he's a guest, when he visits my place more than enough to justify him being just as responsible for the upkeep as myself or my roommate.
for example (warning, a bit of ANGST here):
For example, when my roommate and I had our "move-in house-warming party" at our apartment, he got up off the couch for a total of 3 occasions: to take pictures with friends (my guests), to get food, and to go to the restroom. I on the other hand, was being myself: cleaning, taking out the trash, doing dishes, catering to people, cooking, etc.
I'm normally okay with this (those of you whom I met at the meet should know, this doesn't bother me at all) except for the fact that:
- 20 people had come and gone through my apartment from noon to midnight
- I've been everyone's personal waitress the entire time
- I've been up since the break of dawn trying to get the place ready for the party
- he's been there the entire day.
I understand that I'm a crazy OCD cleaning lady when there's a lot of people around, but considering that he comes over enough times, it would have been nice to have been asked once if he could offer to do dishes or trash at some point. Several guests have offered to help at certain points, but he didn't ask once. (And yes, this is the boyfriend I'm talking about). Somehow, I feel that's messed up.

Most amazing jew boots
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:42 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2010, 07:42 PM #2 of 7
This is kind of a "general public" thing for me, but I have basically accepted the fact that people who don't know much about albinism feel the need to play 20 Questions with me so they can learn more about it, and I do my absolute best to give the the answers they seek.

As far as being grateful for things: Mentally, I can't thank people enough for not punching me in the face for blurting out something really unnecessary in a conversation.

I'm also quite happy when people tell me I'm really awesome at something (DDR or Rock Band, for example). My only minor gripe with this is that I don't like to consider myself the best or "truly" good at something, because it would leave me with less motivation to keep getting better. Guess this is pretty much a mixture putting up with something and being grateful about something at a "work in progress" level.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:57 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2010, 06:57 PM #3 of 7
I feel like other people have to put up with my babbling a lot. I don't talk much, but when i do start i don't always know when i should be quiet. Maybe it's just me, but i feel like i might go on forever unless someone stops me.

The thing other people do that bugs me is play music excessively loud. I understand that loud music is more awesome in many ways, but when i'm working night shift i would appreciate not hearing your music through the walls while i'm trying to sleep.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:33 AM Local time: Jun 24, 2010, 07:33 AM #4 of 7
Oh god, I could go into a fucking NOVEL of what I put up with when it comes to my roommate. General jist is that he's a lazy slob and only tries to get things done when it conveniences him. Outside of living situation, he isn't a bad guy, though he is really blind to the most obvious of hints at times.

I'm grateful that people put up with my want to sometimes interject what I think someone is trying to say if they're taking a bit of time to say it. For example, if a co-worker is trying to explain a procedure and they stumble on the words for more than a couple of seconds, I will fill in the gaps with assumptions of what I think they were going for. Its just kind of an impulse at times and is hard to stop.

How ya doing, buddy?
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:36 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2010, 02:36 PM #5 of 7
Other people have to try fairly hard to get to know me since I'm quite reserved irl, so I guess I'm thanking the people I interact with on a regular basis for taking the time to get to know me instead of brushing me off as being aloof, which I'm absolutely not when I'm comfortable being around people (for the record I do try to be more open with new people but my nervousness usually results in me saying something stupid which alienates me further). I also have issues with tardiness, my lack of timekeeping is ridiculous >.<

With other people, well, it's inevitable that averaging at least 2 years younger than the people I tend to hang out with I occasionally get patronised. I don't mind people giving me advice or helping me, but when I'm made to feel small because of it, it really fecks me off. Might come from being the youngest child in the family, therefore the most overprotected, but it can't all be in my head since my best mate, who's only six months older than me, feels the same way too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:00 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2010, 06:00 PM #6 of 7
Other people have to try fairly hard to get to know me since I'm quite reserved irl, so I guess I'm thanking the people I interact with on a regular basis for taking the time to get to know me instead of brushing me off as being aloof...
What he said.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2010, 08:50 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2010, 01:50 AM #7 of 7
Ooooh, is this because I couldn't figure out your gender? It is, isn't it?

>=(

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Thank you for putting up with me!