Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Guns Guns Guns
Rifles? 10 20.00%
Shotguns? 2 4.00%
Pistols? 12 24.00%
One or more of the above! 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Firearms

David4516
Second Child

Member 2016

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:20 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 10:20 PM #101 of 211
Quote:
But that's okay. Your solution to every situation is to carry a gun. You're no psych major.
You don't know me very well, thats all I have to say. Go read my comments in the "martial arts" thread. There's alot more to self-defense than having a gun...

The gun is the way to go in certain situations (like armed robbers breaking into your home), but it's not always the best choice, or the smartest choice...

Quote:
A .357 magnum will split a car's engine block. That's what it was conceived for in the first place, actually...
Bullshit.

Also, the .357 was designed as a "hunting" version of the .38 specail

Quote:
True. And that's where you get into the realm of "special consideration" and not "hey everybody should own a gun".
I never said "everyone" should have one, LOL. I'm just explaining my own reasons for wanting one. Guns aren't for everyone. However, I do think that most people are smart enough and responsible enough to own a gun...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 01:58 AM #102 of 211
Agree with David on the reason that there are certain reasons why to use a gun on someone but to me, using it makes it certain that I am a step up from the robber rather he is armed or not. Even if I am going to use it or not.

With that being said, the only ways i was taught how to use was a gun or knife, so either way even if I am just using it to capture someone without even firing a single round or make them run away. I'd rather do that then try to use something else and die.

It isn't that the gun is bad, it's how you use it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Harmonica
Pull the pin out.

Member 3486

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 05:50 PM #103 of 211
In most home defense situations, a gun is really overkill. If you're worried about the safety of your home and family, before you consider purchasing a gun, consider a dog. German shepherds, retrievers of the Laborador or golden variety, the fact is that dogs know something is up when someone comes in the house without your permission. And most lowlifes don't have the guts to face down an animal with sharp teeth and a threatening bark. On top of all that, a dog is a companion, too. I know my Remingtons don't wag tails and run in circles when I get home. So yeah. Dogs are usually an adequate alternative, unless you're in a particularly bad area where people will kill your poor pooch just to get that drug money, if they're capable. But even then the dog's still a good early warning system. If you're allergic to dogs or something that'd be another thing too. But yeah. Dogs that have the potential to be threatening are an extremely good crime deterrent.

FELIPE NO
Tuco: God is on our side, he hates the Yankees.
Man With No Name: God is not on our side because he also hates idiots.

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:06 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 07:06 PM #104 of 211
Originally Posted by Harmonica
In most home defense situations, a gun is really overkill. If you're worried about the safety of your home and family, before you consider purchasing a gun, consider a dog. German shepherds, retrievers of the Laborador or golden variety, the fact is that dogs know something is up when someone comes in the house without your permission. And most lowlifes don't have the guts to face down an animal with sharp teeth and a threatening bark. On top of all that, a dog is a companion, too. I know my Remingtons don't wag tails and run in circles when I get home. So yeah. Dogs are usually an adequate alternative, unless you're in a particularly bad area where people will kill your poor pooch just to get that drug money, if they're capable. But even then the dog's still a good early warning system. If you're allergic to dogs or something that'd be another thing too. But yeah. Dogs that have the potential to be threatening are an extremely good crime deterrent.
Hmm, yeah, a dog won't help you if it's dead.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:15 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 05:15 PM #105 of 211
I like how Alice is so quick to call me out, but has yet to make any retort...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:23 PM #106 of 211
Originally Posted by Zio
Hmm, yeah, a dog won't help you if it's dead.
You gotta replace them every once in a while.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:25 PM #107 of 211
It's because you're being retarded, keener. You make statements as if you know the demographics and crime rates on every area of the country, which you clearly do not. I'm just tired of arguing with you, and that's the plain and simple of it.

I told you about the three murders that have occurred in my neighborhood, yet you still act like you aren't convinced that there's a need for a gun. Also, you say things like, "What if someone takes that gun and uses it on you?" which is fucking ridiculous because they'd be dead as soon as they started toward me.

I'm not some crazed killer, but I know how to use a gun and I have absolutely no problem using it if I feel threatened in my own home. Whatever you say won't change my mind. This is America, punkin. I have the right to bear arms and I'm going to take advantage of it.

I'm tired of arguing with you. Your points are weak, and I'm bored.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:36 PM #108 of 211
Originally Posted by tweeter
God this is what I missed about this forum... All these people who think that everything can be solved peacefully or with as little force/violence as possible.
God this is what I missed about this forum... All these retards who misrepresent your point of view.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 05:52 PM #109 of 211
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
It's because you're being retarded, keener. You make statements as if you know the demographics and crime rates on every area of the country, which you clearly do not. I'm just tired of arguing with you, and that's the plain and simple of it.

I told you about the three murders that have occurred in my neighborhood, yet you still act like you aren't convinced that there's a need for a gun. Also, you say things like, "What if someone takes that gun and uses it on you?" which is fucking ridiculous because they'd be dead as soon as they started toward me.

I'm not some crazed killer, but I know how to use a gun and I have absolutely no problem using it if I feel threatened in my own home. Whatever you say won't change my mind. This is America, punkin. I have the right to bear arms and I'm going to take advantage of it.

I'm tired of arguing with you. Your points are weak, and I'm bored.

That's fine that your done, I will be to, but rereading your posts you said nothing about 3 murders in your neighborhood in any other post than the one I'm quoting. And please don't take that mom 'tone of voice' with me, just because you protected your kids from a stick that brushed up against your house. You DO have the right to bear arms but I also have the right to find you points just as weak as mine.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:23 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 07:23 AM #110 of 211
Wow a lot happened here since I last logged on...

ArrowHead: I suggest you get some real experience before you judge a firearm. The reason I don't like Glocks is that they are overpriced plastic garbage. I can get something far more reliable for more than 1/2 the price. BTW CS doesn't count as experience with a weapon. Also did you know that the reason why we use 5.56mm (.223) ammunition in the military is not to kill, rather it is to disable and force the enemy to use two other men to carry the wounded off the battle field, in my opinion unless you are in a fire fight with someone wearing Kevlar .223 would be horribly underpowered and in a life or death situation you want to end it as fast as possible... not have to shoot the other guy 3 or more times to take him down. You hear about those FBI agents who had to shoot someone crazed on PCP more than a dozen times to take him down? Oh btw they were using 9mm ammunition. Another reason why I prefer .44 mag or .45 ACP, should I ever have to use it I know it will not take 12 rounds to disable or kill someone.

David4516: Thanks for the rebuttals while I was gone. Seems you have been dead on the money so far. Have you ever heard of Hi-Point firearms? Seems they sell some dirt cheap and reliable pistols and pistol carbines. I've considered buying their .45ACP model. Can't beat the price at 129.99 retail.

AliceNWondrland: Yeah I don't see anything about murders :/ on a side note though we had some a few gang shootings a while back and this is Oregon!

Also about the dog idea. I wouldn't trust my life solely on a dog, even a trained police dog. I don't like putting my life in the hands of others when they can't even count... ASVAB Score = -10. Not to say that it is a bad idea for home protections as we have had our little lab/shar pai mix chase off an addict. Unfortunately he went to the next unlocked door which was our neighbors who had two teen aged girls asleep in bed . Needless to say it didn't end well.

Harmonica: A gun is never overkill for home protection, only the use of the gun could be overkill. i.e. someone breaks into your home and you pop out with a pistol or shotgun pointed at them and they run. If you shoot them running away that is murder. However if they in turn start to point a weapon at you or reach for anything and you shoot it is self defense. Remember, the only time when it is legal to kill someone is when they have 1.) Committed a felony and 2.) you are now fearful for your life or the lives of loved ones.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
David4516
Second Child

Member 2016

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:52 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 03:52 AM #111 of 211
Harmonica, I think you have the right idea about dogs. They are a good way of scaring off criminals (most people don't want to mess with an animal with pointy teeth). I don't know that I'd trust my dog to be 100% effective against criminals though. He's kind of lazy, he might just decide to sleep instead of trying to scare off any would-be home invaders. So I'll keep my gun as a backup to the dog...

Quote:
David4516: Thanks for the rebuttals while I was gone. Seems you have been dead on the money so far. Have you ever heard of Hi-Point firearms? Seems they sell some dirt cheap and reliable pistols and pistol carbines. I've considered buying their .45ACP model. Can't beat the price at 129.99 retail.
I like to think that I know what I'm talking about. I've got almost 20 years of shooting experiance (been shooting since I was a kid), I've also worked at places where it was my job to sell guns. I wouldn't call myself an "expert", but I do consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable.

Not only have I heard of Hi-Point firearms, I've shot them before. To be honest, I wouldn't trust them with my life. They're dirt cheap and fun to shoot, but I don't feel they are as reliable as they should be. On top of that, they're freaking HUGE. It's shaped more like a brick than a handgun. If you're looking for a decent pistol in the $130 price range, I'd recomend the Makarov. I've been very impressed with the one I bought, in fact it is my weapon of choice for concealed carry (I think I mentioned this before).

This next comment is to every one in general: If you're thinking about buying a gun, do not chose one based on caliber. What I mean by this, is don't buy something simply because it's a .45 or a 9mm or whatever. Buy it because it has the features you're looking for, and because it fits well in your hand. Ergonomics (spelling?) can be very important. Caliber isn't nearly as important as most people think. As long as you can hit what you aim at, even a smaller round like .32 ACP can do alot of damage...

FELIPE NO
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:32 AM #112 of 211
Originally Posted by Gumby
ArrowHead: I suggest you get some real experience before you judge a firearm.
I can't. In Canada you can't just decide "well fuck I'd like a shiny new handgun" and go out and buy one. This is a civilized, sane country.

Quote:
BTW CS doesn't count as experience with a weapon.
Owning a weapon doesn't make you all-knowing. It makes you armed, and predisposed to violence over thought.

Quote:
Also did you know that the reason why we use 5.56mm (.223) ammunition in the military is not to kill, rather it is to disable and force the enemy to use two other men to carry the wounded off the battle field
Duh. It's one of the oldest tactics in the book - wound, don't kill, because killing only takes one man off the battlefield but wounding takes three off.

Quote:
in my opinion unless you are in a fire fight
Stop right there. I live in a country where firefights just don't happen. Because we just don't let any wacko buy a gun!

Quote:
in a life or death situation you want to end it as fast as possible... not have to shoot the other guy 3 or more times to take him down.
I guess you've never been shot. Being shot will make you think twice about what you're doing, to say the least.

Quote:
You hear about those FBI agents who had to shoot someone crazed on PCP more than a dozen times to take him down? Oh btw they were using 9mm ammunition. Another reason why I prefer .44 mag or .45 ACP, should I ever have to use it I know it will not take 12 rounds to disable or kill someone.
"Bigger is better" stupidity. You know, if someone really wanted to do you in, he'd run you over with his car. So what are you going to do now, hide an RPG under the back seat?

Quote:
Harmonica: A gun is never overkill for home protection
Looking at the statistics of how many children accidentally kill each other with their parents handguns, I beg to differ.

Last edited by ArrowHead; Mar 25, 2006 at 07:35 AM.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:37 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 09:37 PM #113 of 211
You seem to think that because your country heavily regulates firearms that people don't have them. Remember, regulations on firearms take weapons out the of the hands of the citizens, NOT the criminals. Get a clue.

Quote:
""Bigger is better" stupidity. You know, if someone really wanted to do you in, he'd run you over with his car. So what are you going to do now, hide an RPG under the back seat?
This situation in itself is stupid Arrow, someone who wants to rob you is not going to run you down with a car. However someone who wants to murder you might just do that. Most criminals when you pull out a pistol are just going to run because you are now dangerous to them, they have lost control of the situation, and in all reality most criminals are cowards. Besides the fact that a shot from a .22 or .223 isn't always going to disable a criminal, a shot from a .45 will most certainly do a LOT more damage and unless the guy is wearing armor he will be down in a matter of seconds from blood loss.

Quote:
Owning a weapon doesn't make you all-knowing. It makes you armed, and predisposed to violence over thought.
You seem to be very ignorant on what it means to own a firearm here. I was taught at a young age to respect firearms, they are tools not toys. You seem to think that because I own them I am more likely to go out and start shooting people. I have said otherwise. I know when such measures such as a pistol or other form of defense are needed. Don't mistake those who own guns as mindless hicks who shoot up everything they see, this is not the case. I am not more predisposed to violence than anyone else. The difference is that I now have the ability to defend myself against an armed criminal. Something an unarmed citizen lacks.

Quote:
Looking at the statistics of how many children accidentally kill each other with their parents handguns, I beg to differ.
No, if properly used and handled a firearm is not overkill. Most of those situations are the fault of the parent for not giving their child a heathly respect/fear for a gun. You might want to beware those statistics, they like to include all those gang shootings into their statistics to over inflate the numbers.

How ya doing, buddy?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan

Last edited by Gumby; Mar 26, 2006 at 03:51 PM.
Harmonica
Pull the pin out.

Member 3486

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:44 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 01:44 PM #114 of 211
Originally Posted by David4516
This next comment is to every one in general: If you're thinking about buying a gun, do not chose one based on caliber. What I mean by this, is don't buy something simply because it's a .45 or a 9mm or whatever. Buy it because it has the features you're looking for, and because it fits well in your hand. Ergonomics (spelling?) can be very important. Caliber isn't nearly as important as most people think. As long as you can hit what you aim at, even a smaller round like .32 ACP can do alot of damage...
Exactly. It's not so much the size of the piece of hot metal that's entering their body quite forcefully, it's just the fact that there is a piece of hot metal entering their body quite forcefully. For home defense, smaller calibers are a better choice, because they have less potential to overpenetrate and ruin things in your house or even hurt the people you're trying to protect, which is sort of counter-intuitive.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tuco: God is on our side, he hates the Yankees.
Man With No Name: God is not on our side because he also hates idiots.

splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:42 PM #115 of 211
Technically no. I'm not sure about all of Canada, but I know firearms aren't encouraged here. They're in the works of banning citizen owned firearms in Ontario. I think you need to have a pretty good reason (a permit) to own a firearm here.

How ya doing, buddy?
maneve
Out here in the Jungle...

Member 268

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:56 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 04:56 PM #116 of 211
I have to agree with a dog being a good idea for home defense. A few years ago someone broke into our garage with intent to steal our car (they'd already stole another car down the road and crashed it) and they were scared away by our dog's barking.

It's true that a dead dog can't defend your home, but honestly, look at how many break-ins have resulted in a few things being stolen as apposed to those that have ended in deaths. Also, even if someone is comming to do you harm, and they end up killing your dog, you're most likely going to hear the commotion and be able to better defend yourself by being aware that something is going on.

It's understandable to have a gun for protection, but I don't think it's necessary for me. The need for protection in northern Minnesota is pretty small. That break-in in our garage is about the only break-in in my neighborhood that I've ever heard of. Not too dangerous.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Thanks to Jinn for Av/sig.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 06:05 PM #117 of 211
i think gun regulations are in need espically in regards to such weapons as shotguns. After this weekend's massacre up in seattle were an acquaintance of mine was killed by a shotgun. Seriously, why are shotguns legal? you really can't hunt with them without maiming the animal to the point of the meat being unusable. All they are is people killers.

[ "Talisman" ]
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:33 PM #118 of 211
I do airsoft, does that count?

ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:56 PM #119 of 211
Originally Posted by Iwata
i think gun regulations are in need espically in regards to such weapons as shotguns. After this weekend's massacre up in seattle were an acquaintance of mine was killed by a shotgun. Seriously, why are shotguns legal? you really can't hunt with them without maiming the animal to the point of the meat being unusable. All they are is people killers.
I'm more inclined to say that a man killed your friend, not the gun that he was holding. Shotguns are not as bad/pointless as hanguns.

FELIPE NO
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 03:42 AM #120 of 211
Originally Posted by Iwata
I'm sorry that you have to suffer the loss of someone you know. But as ArrowHead has already said in more or less words, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." It is these sorts of knee jerk reactions that get stupid and pointless laws passed that only stop law abiding citizens from gaining firearms, NOT criminals. Cutting legal avenues of weapons will only cause a rise in deaths like this.

Originally Posted by Arrowhead
I'm more inclined to say that a man killed your friend, not the gun that he was holding. Shotguns are not as bad/pointless as hanguns.
Handguns serve just as much a purpose as shotguns do. I have no idea why you are so blindly biased against handguns but they are not only effective self defense weapons, they are also used to hunt small to medium game (sometimes large game by the brave...). A shotgun is great for home defense but you can't take a shotgun with you at all times.

ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 02:50 AM #121 of 211
I don't like handguns because they can be concealed, and because the vast majority of them are, like Iwata said, "people killers".

I'd say shotguns aren't quite so bad because 1) They can't be concealed like hanguns can and 2) As mentioned earlier in the thread, shotguns can be good for home defense, because buckshot is not as likely as a bullet to go through the wall and injure/kill someone in the next room.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Darsh
blargh

Member 1375

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:23 AM #122 of 211
When I move out, Im probably gonna get quite a few guns just in case zombies should appear. Im not gonna get enough guns to kill off a devastatingly large population of zombies, but only enough guns and ammo to make a driving path to get to a gunstore so I can load up on more guns and ammunition.

But more on topic, I agree that people kill people. The reason I dont like people who own guns is because I dont know, thus dont trust them to be responsible with a firearm like I would be, but its something I have to accept because Im thinking of owning a pistol for home protection. But hell, I might not, since I get somewhat nervous and paranoid around guns.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Darsh; Mar 27, 2006 at 04:26 AM.
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:24 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 04:24 PM #123 of 211
In Oklahoma it's legal to shoot someone trespassing on your land provided you have no trespassing signs in place. In the towns you can get nailed for improper use of a firearm but not charged with murder for shooting someone who breaks into your hoem if I remember correctly. Not entirely related but i find it interesting and it always kept me out of random peoples fields when I was kid.

I don't really find that I need a gun of any kind really but I like them enough that I plan to buy one when i can scrape together the money. Only been shooting once but it was really fun and I'm fairly certain I can resist the urge to shoot random people.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
David4516
Second Child

Member 2016

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:59 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 06:59 PM #124 of 211
Quote:
Seriously, why are shotguns legal? you really can't hunt with them without maiming the animal to the point of the meat being unusable. All they are is people killers.
Its this kind of ignorance that puts stupid laws into effect.

Can't hunt with a shotgun? You're kidding, right? Shotguns are ideal for many kinds of hunting. Bird hunting for example. If fact it's pretty much impossible to bird hunt with anything other than a shotgun. Also, shotguns are popluar (and in some cases, the only legal firearm) for deer hunting in populated areas, because a shotgun slug won't go as far as a rifle bullet, and is therefore safer.

Quote:
After this weekend's massacre up in seattle were an acquaintance of mine was killed by a shotgun.
So, that evil shotgun just decided to murder someone? I don't think so, as others have said, guns don't kill people, people kill people. I'm sorry to hear that your friend died, but he was killed by some crazy bastard, not by a shotgun...

Quote:
I do airsoft, does that count?
I don't understand the appeal of airsoft... and I don't think it counts either, LOL...

Quote:
I don't like handguns because they can be concealed, and because the vast majority of them are, like Iwata said, "people killers".
I like handguns for the very reason you don't like them: they are portable and concealable. I disagree with the "people killers" part though. Many people use handguns for target shooting and/or hunting. I also carry one when I'm out in the woods because I've had encounters with bear and cougar before. When you're face to face with a 500 pound animal with pointy teeth, you feel alot better knowing that you can shoot it if you have to. There are many reasons why a person might want a pistol, they aren't just "people Killers"...

Quote:
The reason I dont like people who own guns is because I dont know, thus dont trust them to be responsible with a firearm like I would be,
I understand you're feelings, but that's just how it is. Look at cars for example, they are far more dangerous than guns, yet you're surrounded by them, and they're being driven by people you don't know, and therefore don't trust...

On a side note, have any of you seen "Thats my Bush"? There was a great episode dealing with these very issues, and the moarl of the story was "You should have the right to bear arms, but not the right to arm bears"...

Most amazing jew boots
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:17 PM #125 of 211
Originally Posted by David4516
Its this kind of ignorance that puts stupid laws into effect.

Can't hunt with a shotgun? You're kidding, right? Shotguns are ideal for many kinds of hunting. Bird hunting for example. If fact it's pretty much impossible to bird hunt with anything other than a shotgun. Also, shotguns are popluar (and in some cases, the only legal firearm) for deer hunting in populated areas, because a shotgun slug won't go as far as a rifle bullet, and is therefore safer.

So, that evil shotgun just decided to murder someone? I don't think so, as others have said, guns don't kill people, people kill people. I'm sorry to hear that your friend died, but he was killed by some crazy bastard, not by a shotgun...
I spent part of my year in an area that is has many hunters and wildlife, to the point that any given morning, you can spot a deer grazing. I've never heard of a hunter who used a shotgun to hunt for meat which IMO is the only justifiable use for a firearm. The only people i have seen use shotgun's to hunt, are the ones who only kill for the trophy head.

With your reasoning of thinking, Why aren't drugs legal? pipes don't kill people, people kill people. Guns may not directly kill people, but they are difinetely an accessory that makes it far easier to kill someone and shouldn't be allowed. The weapon used to kill my friend was a 12-gauge Winchester Defender shotgun.

According to the police, that is a weapon designed for the purpose of self-defense which is in plain terms, Meant to kill or seriously mame a human. These type of weapons should not be in the hands or accessible to any civilian which they are.

[ "Talisman" ]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Firearms