Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Guns Guns Guns
Rifles? 10 20.00%
Shotguns? 2 4.00%
Pistols? 12 24.00%
One or more of the above! 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Firearms

Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:47 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 06:47 PM #51 of 211
Rifle/Pistol.

The pistol is an old .45 Colt Commander... revolver I think. It's in a box somewhere.

The rifle I own I have no clue. It's a hunting rifle, that I inherited along with the pistol. I'm not much of a hunter, nor would I do that unless I was starving. Disney got to me at an early age.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:04 PM #52 of 211
Originally Posted by Gumby
Harmonica: Yes the .50 Desert Eagle is way over kill... but the .44 mag desert eagle while not as a .50 it is still a huge nasty hand cannon.

Jiraiya: Not all AKs are made equally and because it is such a prolific design there is a lot of less than desirable AKs. BTW have you ever used an M-16A2? Shit those things feel like they will break in your hands and they are still pretty accurate.
Yeah I understand, I hear that real Russian made AK's arent too bad. And no I havent had the priviledge to personally shoot an M16-A2, I've heard good and bad things. But for everyday target shooting or hunting, I dont need anything that cant go under water 200ft and still shoot or be dropped out of a plane and be ok :P

Harmonica: I think your referring to me about the Desert Eagle. Yeah it would be a monster to shoot and I think since I've had a lot of experience with my families .44 I could shoot it a few times and get gradual experience with it. And its not like Im gonna have to be all tactical with it, it would just be for target shooting. I like to KEEP AND EAT what I kill, not blow it to hell.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:07 PM #53 of 211
I'd LOVE to have a double-barrel sawed-off shotgun! I've been saying this since I was kid. However, I don't think my fam will like the idea of me actually getting one.

However, if I absolutely have to get one, probably something really small and easy-to-use.

Most amazing jew boots
Moth
Iz!

Member 418

Level 13.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:23 PM #54 of 211
So when I was very young, my grandfather gave my my first firearm for Christmas - it was a bolt-action rifle, but I'll be damned if I remember what kind. The next year, he gave me a colt .45. Last year he died, and left me a 12 guage Beretta.

So, I've been living with firearms for pretty much my entire life. I have to say, I - and anyone else who has - have an extremely healthy respect for what they are, and what they can do. You know "guns don't kill people; people kill people?" It's absolutely true. Nobody who's been around them for their entire lives kills somebody "by mistake." When you're around a gun, you treat it like... well, like a gun. There are no mistakes.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:25 PM #55 of 211
Lady - Haha it'd probably have to be an over under, I think the style you like side by side arent made too much anymore if Im not mistaken. Or maybe its the other way around. Yeah shotguns arent too complicated anyways so you shouldnt have to worry. You should go for it, target shooting is a great stress releiver!

Totally agree with the post above, GUNS ARE NOT TOYS dont fuck around with them or else someone will get hurt/die.

FELIPE NO
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 04:50 AM #56 of 211
Originally Posted by Lady Miyomi
I'd LOVE to have a double-barrel sawed-off shotgun! I've been saying this since I was kid. However, I don't think my fam will like the idea of me actually getting one.

However, if I absolutely have to get one, probably something really small and easy-to-use.
My grandfather has a double barreled shotgun (12 gauge), he has fired both barrels at once before. He said it hurt like a bitch and made him stagger. He is 6'2" and at the time around 180-200lbs.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Harmonica
Pull the pin out.

Member 3486

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:54 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:54 PM #57 of 211
Originally Posted by Jiraiya
Yeah I understand, I hear that real Russian made AK's arent too bad. And no I havent had the priviledge to personally shoot an M16-A2, I've heard good and bad things. But for everyday target shooting or hunting, I dont need anything that cant go under water 200ft and still shoot or be dropped out of a plane and be ok :P

Harmonica: I think your referring to me about the Desert Eagle. Yeah it would be a monster to shoot and I think since I've had a lot of experience with my families .44 I could shoot it a few times and get gradual experience with it. And its not like Im gonna have to be all tactical with it, it would just be for target shooting. I like to KEEP AND EAT what I kill, not blow it to hell.
Well, it's sure an expensive piece for just plinking. Especially since it eats .50AE, which is really expensive, even moreso than other calibers. I guess if money isn't an issue it could be interesting, but it'll probably still manage to piss you off at some point. The real problem is, a semiauto with that large of a round is terribly impractical. The .44 version is indeed better, but unfortunately it's also getting rare.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tuco: God is on our side, he hates the Yankees.
Man With No Name: God is not on our side because he also hates idiots.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:25 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 10:25 PM #58 of 211
When I was young our house got robbed twice so my dad went out and bought this large gauge shotgun. Double barrel, those giant shotgun bullets, it looked like the type that would blow off someone's head and I was terrified of it..

They ended up hiding it in our garage for 10 years since my brother and I were young and we uncovered it when we recently moved, it was all rusted over and I doubt it worked anymore.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:36 AM #59 of 211
Originally Posted by andkeener
So you are the guy that walks around his house/family with a loaded gun in his back pocket and shoots anything that moves. People like you and stereotypical hicks are why people from other countries hate the US. Good job.
Um, if you come in, busting down my door and I happen to defend my family or I. Then how am I sterotypical hick?

I am rather curious why you jump the gun(no pun intended) on that if someone threatens my household that I have no right to defend myself?

And as well, he can't sue me for injuries when he was TRESSPASSING on my land and did damages to my household by breaking and entering.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:25 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 09:25 AM #60 of 211
Originally Posted by Zio
Um, if you come in, busting down my door and I happen to defend my family or I. Then how am I sterotypical hick?

I am rather curious why you jump the gun(no pun intended) on that if someone threatens my household that I have no right to defend myself?

And as well, he can't sue me for injuries when he was TRESSPASSING on my land and did damages to my household by breaking and entering.
Sadly Zio they can sue you if they live... Just because they broke into your home does not justify killing them. Now should they have a gun out then you could probably say it was self defense to blow the guys brains out. If I found someone in my home and they weren't armed I'd make get on the ground at gun point and hog die them, wait for the cops to show up and if the fucking had the misfortune of twitching wrong he's dead. No one should fuck around when it comes to their safety, none of this shoot 'em in the knees bullshit.

Most amazing jew boots

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:30 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 02:30 AM #61 of 211
Sadly Zio they can sue you if they live... Just because they broke into your home does not justify killing them. Now should they have a gun out then you could probably say it was self defense to blow the guys brains out. If I found someone in my home and they weren't armed I'd make get on the ground at gun point and hog die them, wait for the cops to show up and if the fucking had the misfortune of twitching wrong he's dead. No one should fuck around when it comes to their safety, none of this shoot 'em in the knees bullshit.

Yes, I understand that but the thing is, I should have not to wait to see signs of a threat in order to have any self defense. I aint waiting for some guy to get the chance to shoot me. Rather or not he's armed or not, I'll be damn sure they won't get the chance to even get anything. Rather or not I shoot him or not.

Besides people do weird things when they fear for thier lives.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
David4516
Second Child

Member 2016

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:09 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:09 AM #62 of 211
I had to vote "all of the above"...

I own about a dozen firearms, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, as well as a couple of old black powder muzzle-loaders.

My favorite rifle is the Winchester Model 94. I've got 2, both in .30-30, one was a gift from my grandmother, it stays in my gunsafe most of the time, where it will be, well, safe. The other is a beat up one that was made in the 1970s, it's kinda rusty and the stock is all scratched and dinged. I take this one hunting (that way if i drop it in a creek or something I won't care because it was a crappy gun to begin with). It also sits behind my door, with some 110gr JHP (Jacketed Hollow Point) ammo that I handloaded (yes, I make my own ammo). This is one of 3 guns that I keep loaded in the house...

I also have a CHL (concealed handgun license), and own 2 handguns that I'll carry with me when I leave the house, the only execption being when I'm at school. I really wish it wasn't illegal for a CHL holder to carry in a college...

One of my "carry" pistols is a Makarov, a russian pistol that is very similar to the Walther PPK. Many consider it to be "the AK of handguns". My other pistol is a small Beretta model 950 "Jetfire", in .25ACP. Sure, it's small, but it beats throwing rocks... and it's really easy to conceal. Theres an old saying "a .25 in the hand beats a .45 in the safe"

I feel that guns and the people who own them are very "misunderstood". We aren't rednecks or hicks, just regular people who either have an interest in hunting or self defense (or both). Guns are not for everyone, and I respect that, however I don't think that you should have the right to tell me that I can't have one simply because it makes you "uncomfortable"...

As for when you should shoot someone, that depends on your location. If you're out on the streets, I'd only shoot someone if I had not other choice (like, say, running away). I see it as a last resort.

However, if someone breaks into your house, things change. You don't know why they're there, they might just want your DVD player, or they might be there to kill you and rape your wife/mom/daughter/sister. If someone breaks into my home, I have to assume that they have the worst of intentions, I cannot afford to give them the benifit of the dout. If someone breaks into my house, I will kill them without hesitation. I have 8 rounds loaded in my Makarov pistol at all times... and if I have to shoot someone in my home, the police will find them with 8 bullet holes when they come to pick up the corpse...

I know that might sound kind of crazy to some of you, but you'll understand what I'm talking about if your family is ever in danger. I'm sure Alice knows what I mean. Great story by the way Alice, I wish more moms were that protective of their kids, the world would be a better place... keep up the good work...

Last edited by David4516; Mar 22, 2006 at 03:12 AM.
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:56 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:56 AM #63 of 211
Originally Posted by Lady Miyomi

What's the point of sawing off the shot gun to make it shorter? Does it have a bigger blast radius?

FELIPE NO
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:54 AM #64 of 211
Easier to conceal, hell of a weapon close up.

"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:13 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 10:13 AM #65 of 211
Originally Posted by Zio

Did you forget that you said you said, "Because I'd shoot before asking questions..."? The whole 'shoot first, ask later' mentality is VERY stereotypical hick. Also, when did I say anything about breaking and entering, doing any damage to your property, or sueing anyone for any injuries?

Why do you jump to such conclusions as just because someone other than family is in your house they are threatening you or anyone in your family in any way?

EDIT - Please don't forget that my original point I was tyring to make in this thread was 'what makes you think that having a gun in the house will make you any safer', not that you can't get away with shooting someone in your own house (as if that is a good thing).

Last edited by andkeener; Mar 22, 2006 at 12:20 PM.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:45 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 09:45 PM #66 of 211
Originally Posted by David4516
I had to vote "all of the above"...

I own about a dozen firearms, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, as well as a couple of old black powder muzzle-loaders.

My favorite rifle is the Winchester Model 94. I've got 2, both in .30-30, one was a gift from my grandmother, it stays in my gunsafe most of the time, where it will be, well, safe. The other is a beat up one that was made in the 1970s, it's kinda rusty and the stock is all scratched and dinged. I take this one hunting (that way if i drop it in a creek or something I won't care because it was a crappy gun to begin with). It also sits behind my door, with some 110gr JHP (Jacketed Hollow Point) ammo that I handloaded (yes, I make my own ammo). This is one of 3 guns that I keep loaded in the house...

I also have a CHL (concealed handgun license), and own 2 handguns that I'll carry with me when I leave the house, the only execption being when I'm at school. I really wish it wasn't illegal for a CHL holder to carry in a college...

One of my "carry" pistols is a Makarov, a russian pistol that is very similar to the Walther PPK. Many consider it to be "the AK of handguns". My other pistol is a small Beretta model 950 "Jetfire", in .25ACP. Sure, it's small, but it beats throwing rocks... and it's really easy to conceal. Theres an old saying "a .25 in the hand beats a .45 in the safe"

I feel that guns and the people who own them are very "misunderstood". We aren't rednecks or hicks, just regular people who either have an interest in hunting or self defense (or both). Guns are not for everyone, and I respect that, however I don't think that you should have the right to tell me that I can't have one simply because it makes you "uncomfortable"...

As for when you should shoot someone, that depends on your location. If you're out on the streets, I'd only shoot someone if I had not other choice (like, say, running away). I see it as a last resort.

However, if someone breaks into your house, things change. You don't know why they're there, they might just want your DVD player, or they might be there to kill you and rape your wife/mom/daughter/sister. If someone breaks into my home, I have to assume that they have the worst of intentions, I cannot afford to give them the benifit of the dout. If someone breaks into my house, I will kill them without hesitation. I have 8 rounds loaded in my Makarov pistol at all times... and if I have to shoot someone in my home, the police will find them with 8 bullet holes when they come to pick up the corpse...

I know that might sound kind of crazy to some of you, but you'll understand what I'm talking about if your family is ever in danger. I'm sure Alice knows what I mean. Great story by the way Alice, I wish more moms were that protective of their kids, the world would be a better place... keep up the good work...
Yo David, have you ever read the provisions of the weapon ban on school property in your state?!? I don't know which state you are in but here in Oregon you are exempt from that law if you have a CHL. So unless you state has managed to pass a ban on them it is legal to care a handgun to school with a CHL. I suggest you read the law if you haven't already and don't let any of these shit head politicians/sherrifs tell you otherwise!

We have an organization OFF (Oregon Firearm Federation) that is fighting our corrupt state government from doing things that are illegal by its own laws. There might just be something like that in your state, so you might want to look into it.

OFF Website

andkeener: A firearm that is readily available in a home is a means to defend yourself against an armed intruder. What do you think happens when someone breaks into your home who is armed and has the intent to rape and murder your family, oh and guess what your family doesn't own a gun because they are "dangerous". To bad, sorry now rather than having the ability to fight back and win you have no chance what so ever. I find your logic to be stupid. Lets change the subject of your argument to armor. If I wear armor by your logic it will provide me no more safety than if I were naked. Remember andkeener a firearm is a tool, it can be used for many things but what most law abiding citizens use their firearms for is hunting and self defense. Putting restrictions on firearms only limits the private law abiding citizens from getting firearms, not the criminals. Criminals will always have the ability to get guns, never are they legal ways either.

Ok no more of this hick/firearm bashing. We are here to discuss what firearms the population of GFF owns and or wants. NOT whether or not you think gun ownership is stupid or only for hicks. So please stay on topic from now on...

How ya doing, buddy?

Matoki
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3786

Level 1.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:13 PM #67 of 211
My weapon of choice

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 05:28 PM #68 of 211
Did you forget that you said you said, "Because I'd shoot before asking questions..."? The whole 'shoot first, ask later' mentality is VERY stereotypical hick. Also, when did I say anything about breaking and entering, doing any damage to your property, or sueing anyone for any injuries?
No, but others said that they can sue, which is true but you can claim self defense.

And you better call most cops in the USA hicks then cause they go by that philosophy as well. If they feel threaten or you are going for a weapon some sort even if you aren't. They will shoot to disable then ask questions.

And anyone can have a shoot first, ask later... Maybe you shoudl stop sterotyping people. Either way, I'd still be willing to use a gun if I must, rather or not the guy is armed or not. Shoot to disable and disarm, if I must I will kill someone to save my own life or life of my loved ones.

Quote:
Why do you jump to such conclusions as just because someone other than family is in your house they are threatening you or anyone in your family in any way?
Gee, I guess if I knock down a door and began to ravage through things that aren't mine, I would assume that the people inside would be terrified to the point that thier life MIGHT be endanger.

Put it this way, if you walk into a Lion's den that is full of new born lions. Rather you are a threat or not, that Lion will kill you in defense.

Quote:
EDIT - Please don't forget that my original point I was tyring to make in this thread was 'what makes you think that having a gun in the house will make you any safer', not that you can't get away with shooting someone in your own house (as if that is a good thing).

Yes, I know and my philosophy that a gun can help because you have a better way to defend yourself. Why should people who go breaking laws only have a gun. I know you probaly think it's stupid but either way someone is going to have a gun or some sort of weapon, rather legal or not.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 03:38 PM #69 of 211
Originally Posted by Zio
Put it this way, if you walk into a Lion's den that is full of new born lions. Rather you are a threat or not, that Lion will kill you in defense.
My point exactly, guns are a very primal way to deal with things. If you feel it 'necessary' to have one, thats fine with me. But I don't think that is the case in many (I'd say most) parts of the country.

Quote:
Gee, I guess if I knock down a door and began to ravage through things that aren't mine, I would assume that the people inside would be terrified to the point that thier life MIGHT be endanger.
Do you really think that people that break into houses do it just to kill someone? As long as you/a loved one haven't done anything to provoke someone to that state (for example: shoot someone they loved), don't you think the intruder would just take what they want and leave with out harming anyone if it wasn't needed? Maybe I'm just naive in thinking people don't want to harm others unprovoked.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by andkeener; Mar 22, 2006 at 05:48 PM.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 01:06 AM #70 of 211
My point exactly, guns are a very primal way to deal with things. If you feel it 'necessary' to have one, thats fine with me. But I don't think that is the case in many (I'd say most) parts of the country.

Do you really think that people that break into houses do it just to kill someone? As long as you/a loved one haven't done anything to provoke someone to that state (for example: shoot someone they loved), don't you think the intruder would just take what they want and leave with out harming anyone if it wasn't needed? Maybe I'm just naive in thinking people don't want to harm others unprovoked.
I'd disagree. It is a very effective way to defend you in the properly trained hands. Would you rather people "talk" more to criminals and be more sensitive to the needs of the criminals in this world, maybe try and under stand why this man is in my home with a gun pointed at my head?

You really need to read this.

You sound like a man boy just asking to be killed. You think I am going to just stand there and let some piece of shit steal what I have worked so hard to get? You're a fucking idiot to think that any man would let that happen. Yes Mr. andkeener you go head and let those who move a hand against you to do whatever they want to you. Hope you don't mind being ass raped at gun point when they find you cowering in a corner because you are to chicken shit to stand up for yourself. Good luck with that.

Double Post:
Fuck, pretty soon this is going to end up being thrown into PP at the rate it is going...

Last edited by Gumby; Mar 22, 2006 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:09 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 04:09 PM #71 of 211
No doubt that it would not be a fun situation to be in and it may even be terrifying to see someone rumage through your belongings while you were there, but that doesnt mean you are going to die or get hurt or need to shoot the person (even if you could do it and get away with it because of 'self defence').

Double Post:
Gumby, when did I say anything about guns not being safe? When used properly they are perfectly safe. I just don't think they are needed as much as you think.

EDIT - Just a question, but does being able to shoot someone and calling people cowards on the internet make you a man?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by andkeener; Mar 22, 2006 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:18 PM #72 of 211
Acro-nym: Both. I was being a smart ass for most of that so try not to take me toooooo serious even if I do disagree with you on a few things. Also I wanted to know what kind of pistol you would want, not that you would want a pistol :/
You want a specific pistol? Hmm... well, I guess I'd have to go with a 9mm Smith & Wesson. I know there are many, but I can't really say which 9mm would be the best fit for me.

Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:23 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 12:23 AM #73 of 211
And why 9mm Acro-nym? Don't you know that 9mm is considered rather underpowered these days? It barely penetrates kevlar, but then again it depends on the type of ammo. FMJ might do the trick, but JHP's always good against soft targets.

Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:37 PM #74 of 211
Originally Posted by Killy
And why 9mm Acro-nym? Don't you know that 9mm is considered rather underpowered these days? It barely penetrates kevlar, but then again it depends on the type of ammo. FMJ might do the trick, but JHP's always good against soft targets.
A 9mm hollow point wouldn't do crap all to kevlar, even a fullmetal jacket wouldn't penetrate. I'm not sure on distances, but I'm pretty sure a FMJ wouldn't do it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

oh my gawddd
Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 08:21 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 02:21 AM #75 of 211
Originally Posted by Greykin
A 9mm hollow point wouldn't do crap all to kevlar, even a fullmetal jacket wouldn't penetrate. I'm not sure on distances, but I'm pretty sure a FMJ wouldn't do it.
That's what I said, the hollow point is for soft targets. The FMJ however is - unlike the JHP - designed to remain intact, thus it's also better against armoured targets. Although if you're really looking to penetrate armor, use HV bullets.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Firearms