Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Stardust

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2007, 08:08 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2007, 07:08 PM #1 of 6
Stardust

http://imdb.com/title/tt0486655/

Not sure if there was alredy a thread on this, but I couldn't find it.

I went to see this yesterday with a friend not really expecting much, but we both came out of the theater completely blown away. It was definitely one of the most entertaining movies of the summer. It's a great adventure/love story fairytale with a good mix of humor and action. The cast is awesome as well. Even if you only see this flick for De Niro's performance as Captain Shakespear or cause you think Claire Danes and Michelle Pfeiffer
are hot, go watch it or buy it when it comes out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2007, 08:21 PM #2 of 6
I saw it with someone who read the book and is a big Gaiman fan. Needless to say she was disappointed, and by extension so was I. I would honestly watch it again though, since I wasn't paying much attention the first time--it's *really* hard to focus when you're sitting in the back row with a girl. XD

Robert DeNiro was hilarious though. He was so unconvincing.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Aug 21, 2007, 06:18 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2007, 01:18 PM #3 of 6
Need to see this. I'm not a Gaiman follower so I might actually enjoy this...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

These are the Books of Harrow
They are our doom and our salvation
Learn from them, or we will all perish
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 07:42 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2007, 12:42 PM #4 of 6
I'd heard some mixed things about this, but after the last couple of trailers I must say I do quite fancy going to see it. Could be good fun.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 08:46 AM #5 of 6
I went to see it on my dad's suggestion, as he had read the book. We both enjoyed the film immensely. It covers many genres: romance, action, adventure, fantasy, comedy, and even historical fiction. I dare say it's the best movie I've seen this year, maybe in recent years.

Most amazing jew boots
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:44 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2007, 08:44 PM #6 of 6
I really enjoyed the film. Pretty typical story wise but highly entertaining and Robert de Niro's performance stole the show. It had just the right amount of humor, action and romance. Great fantasy film.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Stardust