Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[] General Touhou Discussion thread

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 03:48 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2007, 01:48 PM #26 of 137
I can't understand how ZUN managed to make MoF so fucking easy. Easy mode is pathetic, Normal is easy, and Hard is.. well, Normal. Lunatic is weird. EX is challenging.

Definitely unbalanced difficulty levels here.
While playing through normal, I kinda got hammered on Stage 4 (that is, lost all of my lives there) and stopped for the night. Easy was pretty easy and it didn't take too long for me to actually beat it. It might even be easier than IN's easy mode once I get used to how this game works out.

And is there any way to change the number of starting lives? Or is two all that you'll get to start with?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2007, 04:42 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2007, 10:42 AM #27 of 137
Your starting lives are your starting lives, you can't change them. But there's extends and extra lives to help you out.

Stage 4 is bullshit unbalanced, and should be switched with stage 6.

I 1cc'd normal, and I managed to ALMOST 1cc hard. I had an inch of health left on Kanako's final bullet pattern and died. Her bullet patterns aside from that one are easy, except for one which traces you around a bit. I like her music.

Easy's final bullet pattern is harder than Normal's final bullet pattern.

Kanako in EX is pretty easy, even if you have to bomb on her last spell card.

I can get up to stage 4 in Lunatic, but lol fuck stage 4.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:38 AM #28 of 137
Bah.. anyone cleared Extra mode already? I'm still having trouble with Stage 4 on normal.. god I swear its not normal mode...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:40 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2007, 08:40 PM #29 of 137
Extra's pretty easy in comparison to the other Extra's. The survival spell cards seem to kill me quite often, though.

Stage 4 is extremely messed up, I still can't believe it. Also, Marisa B is broken. Keep your power between 3 and 4 while shooting unfocused against a boss, and you'll see what I mean. But Marisa B isn't all that useful in the first place.

Actually Marisa isn't all that useful at all. Reimu A and C are great though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:53 AM #30 of 137
Your'e the only one besides me who think Marisa C is good.. XD

Man, I guess some folks can't use it correctly.. And indeed Marisa B is indeed broken.. >.> Normal Clear here I come!! XD

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 03:01 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2007, 09:01 PM #31 of 137
No.. I said Marisa was useless. I don't like using her at all. I guess if you centre Marisa A properly on bosses, she'd be good.

I'd appreciate it more if ZUN actually PLAYTESTED HIS OWN DAMN GAME before releasing it. Stage 4's most annoying bullet patterns are the blue/white ones, which use a trapping technique. I don't really have a strategy for those.

For the mid boss, start far left or right, and scrape around the edges of the larger blueish white circles. I've pretty much figured that out. It's the gigantic spam of faries which shoot blue orbs that are annoying, don't you think?

After playing Lunatic (I can get to Stage 4, but I have to bomb like hell on Nitori) I've gotta say Reimu A is really useful. Like, REALLY useful. Her damage is just a slight bit under Reimu B providing you're shotgunning the enemy. That doesn't really happen much but it does happen, like on Shizoku's second pattern.

EX is fun, minus the extremely annoying survival patterns. It reminds me of Mokou's pattern where she disappears, and orbs appear from each side of you before exploding.

Oh, here's a video of someone beating Suwako with Marisa B(ugged):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705EpnTjtxk

Not sure what to make of this.. it's not a true EX clear considering Marisa B is bugged. In any case, I'll work on Stage 4 a bit more. I have more issues with the stage itself than Aya herself.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Elixir; Aug 21, 2007 at 03:38 AM.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2007, 06:27 PM #32 of 137
No.. I said Marisa was useless. I don't like using her at all. I guess if you centre Marisa A properly on bosses, she'd be good.

I'd appreciate it more if ZUN actually PLAYTESTED HIS OWN DAMN GAME before releasing it. Stage 4's most annoying bullet patterns are the blue/white ones, which use a trapping technique. I don't really have a strategy for those.

For the mid boss, start far left or right, and scrape around the edges of the larger blueish white circles. I've pretty much figured that out. It's the gigantic spam of faries which shoot blue orbs that are annoying, don't you think?

After playing Lunatic (I can get to Stage 4, but I have to bomb like hell on Nitori) I've gotta say Reimu A is really useful. Like, REALLY useful. Her damage is just a slight bit under Reimu B providing you're shotgunning the enemy. That doesn't really happen much but it does happen, like on Shizoku's second pattern.

EX is fun, minus the extremely annoying survival patterns. It reminds me of Mokou's pattern where she disappears, and orbs appear from each side of you before exploding.

Oh, here's a video of someone beating Suwako with Marisa B(ugged):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705EpnTjtxk

Not sure what to make of this.. it's not a true EX clear considering Marisa B is bugged. In any case, I'll work on Stage 4 a bit more. I have more issues with the stage itself than Aya herself.

Indeed the stage is harder than Aya herself, though her 10sec survival card is a tough one to beat. For that little "waterfall" danmaku( I assume you meant this spot) you actually stay near the bottom-left corner and move as the blue round bullets falls down, and follow those, the "waterfall" danmaku part isn't as hard as those round one to avoid.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:33 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2007, 04:33 AM #33 of 137
After playing around with the scoring of mof, I don't know whether ZUN is a genius or not.

Like, getting the first extend on stage 1 for example. And bombing in the appropriate places for score, despite failing spell cards in the process. In any case, I can pretty much do the first two stages flawlessly on Hard, getting an extend on each, and another extend on stage 3 shortly before or after Nitori mid-boss where she leaves a 1up behind.

I'm randomly victim to Nitori's first spell card, and it's pretty different from Normal (instead of just crossover bluish white bullets, it also has orbs) and her mid-attack which has them coming from both sides in a wavy pattern (in Normal, they're not wavy at all).

Stage 4 I'm still unsure of. I still have to bomb when I don't want too at times. I guess I'll wait for some videos to pop up that deal with that part.

If I'm not playing for score I can easily make it up to Kanako on Hard, but it's not like I would want to do that. Scoring is much more fun. Kanako isn't.

If anyone wants to purchase Mountain of Faith, paletweb are now taking preorders (I bought EoSD, IN and PCB, and they arrived the third day <3)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:58 PM #34 of 137
After playing around with the scoring of mof, I don't know whether ZUN is a genius or not.

Like, getting the first extend on stage 1 for example. And bombing in the appropriate places for score, despite failing spell cards in the process. In any case, I can pretty much do the first two stages flawlessly on Hard, getting an extend on each, and another extend on stage 3 shortly before or after Nitori mid-boss where she leaves a 1up behind.

I'm randomly victim to Nitori's first spell card, and it's pretty different from Normal (instead of just crossover bluish white bullets, it also has orbs) and her mid-attack which has them coming from both sides in a wavy pattern (in Normal, they're not wavy at all).

Stage 4 I'm still unsure of. I still have to bomb when I don't want too at times. I guess I'll wait for some videos to pop up that deal with that part.

If I'm not playing for score I can easily make it up to Kanako on Hard, but it's not like I would want to do that. Scoring is much more fun. Kanako isn't.

If anyone wants to purchase Mountain of Faith, paletweb are now taking preorders (I bought EoSD, IN and PCB, and they arrived the third day <3)
I take you bought MoF already?

Anywho, I can't clear Normal let alone Hard. XD I'm having trouble with Sanae now.. Stage 4 is easy now, but there's something about Sanae's 2nd or 3rd spell, the one that has spear like danmaku thrown at you in a wavy walls next to you, I don't know why, I keep dying on that card..

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2007, 03:17 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2007, 09:17 PM #35 of 137
Yeah, I preordered mof.

I'm only having problems with these spell cards:

Nitori's final card with green spikes.
Sanae's card with white spikes.
Kanako's "huge red and blue bullets that transform into smaller bulltes" card.
Aya's survival card.

Aside from that, sometimes I have issues with Aya or Kanako. I pretty much have Sanae, Hina, and all that, down. I hit 700k faith on Hard before fucking it up at Aya.

CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:36 PM #36 of 137
Yeah, I preordered mof.

I'm only having problems with these spell cards:

Nitori's final card with green spikes.
Sanae's card with white spikes.
Kanako's "huge red and blue bullets that transform into smaller bulltes" card.
Aya's survival card.

Aside from that, sometimes I have issues with Aya or Kanako. I pretty much have Sanae, Hina, and all that, down. I hit 700k faith on Hard before fucking it up at Aya.

I don't have a problem at all with Aya's survival card.. I thought it was rather easy. Nitori's Green spike card is giving me problems too.. I swear they auto-aim.. Kanako's card was somewhat easy, it was her little "path of doom" spell card that got me.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2007, 03:41 AM Local time: Aug 29, 2007, 09:41 PM #37 of 137
1cc'd Hard yesterday. :ver cool:

Scored 591k. I was going to bother with scoring, but uh, considering the fact that there's a Hard replay with over 1 billion in score, I don't think I can compete. Oh well, I'm just happy I 1cc'd it, which is usually what I play for.

How ya doing, buddy?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:29 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 06:29 AM #38 of 137
Cross-posted:

Okay, I've been taking up Lunatic for the past week and I actually managed to pull it off. Barely. The final spell card is by far the biggest pile of bullshit I have ever seen in touhou, and the massive jump between Hard's final card and Lunatic's final card is ridiculous.

Aside from that, Sanae feels really out of place. I mean, Aya is much harder. I did survive her survival spell card during a 1cc attempt once, but it's still very difficult. I'm not sure why stage 4 comes before stage 5, but whatever.

I used Reimu B so I could do more damage to the final card, which is practically the only thing (well, I also have trouble with Aya's final card and Sanae's orb + spikes card) I'm guaranteed to mess up on. I'm probably the first white person to 1cc Lunatic with Reimu B.

I think mof overall, is a visually appealing looking game, but the characters are forgettable and it doesn't retain the touhou charm I found in IN.

Lunatic - 378,421,120 - Reimu B - C - 0.320% - ELIXIR - Replay

If you have Mountain of Faith, check this out. I'll probably retire from the game now, and go back to previous titles like EoSD and PCB which I really haven't given enough attention.

CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 10:22 PM #39 of 137
Aw you quitting? I'm still having problems clearing normal mode and you already cleared lunatic!? You bastard.. XD I can't help trying to get scores sometimes.. it's as bad as smoking except its not bad.. really.

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 11:09 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 05:09 PM #40 of 137
Just mof, because I'm sick of it for now. I tried pofv with a friend, but because of the lag, it's kind of shitty. Still, aside from some jerkyness, the game was quite fun to play (I beat him 5:1)

But yeah, PCB and EoSD need my attention more. I know they're better games, and I haven't even beaten EoSD on Normal yet. That, both EX's, Phantasm, both Hards and maybe Lunatic if I have enough free time, means practically nothing left to do in mof.

Besides, for mof, you can't score properly with Reimu B.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:27 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 10:27 AM #41 of 137
Although it's already gotten underway, maybe some will be interested in Touhou Seimoe 2007 if they don't know about it already.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 01:29 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 07:29 AM #42 of 137
Totally forgot about this. Shit, this will be tough. I can't believe Suika came anywhere even close to Yuyuko. And I can't believe China beat Eirin.

Whatever, I voted for Cirno and Patchouli, since they're my favourite of the group, and:

Spoiler:
Wow. I didn't know Cirno and Patchu were both leading. I would've thought Marisa would be on top, due to her popularity.

But ultimately Mokou or Flandre need to win this.

Most amazing jew boots
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:10 PM #43 of 137
Flandre is going to dominate the competition for sure. She won on our Hongfire's Tou-Moe 07 against the finalist Patchouli. Man it was decided by one vote.. such an epic battle..

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 02:32 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 08:32 PM #44 of 137
Touhou Seimoe 2007 ยท You can Vote for TWO Characters per Group!

VOTE FOR FLANDRE

Also, I 1cc'd Imperishable Night on Lunatic with Border team. Terrible play though. I ended up coming out on my last life with 0 bombs, mostly due to fucking up stage 6 early. A good quarter of the final spell card (Hourai Jewel) was spent with 0 bombs. I guess I'll upload the replay a little later.

CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 06:41 PM #45 of 137
Damn.. I thought Remilia would be running first... Udonge is sweeping the competition.
Yukari, this is a heavy contender. We'll see how it turns out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:33 AM #46 of 137
I just have to say that I am very satisfied with the results of this last bracket.
I was religiously watching the whole thing in the midst of an all-night homework session.
That said, this was DEFINITELY how the competition unfolded.
Spoiler:

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2007, 03:37 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2007, 09:37 AM #47 of 137
Here is the rofltastic 1cc Lunatic run I did of Imperishable Night. It's terrible, and I did it on a bad day, but if you want to watch it be my guest.

Most amazing jew boots
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2007, 09:36 PM #48 of 137
Here is the rofltastic 1cc Lunatic run I did of Imperishable Night. It's terrible, and I did it on a bad day, but if you want to watch it be my guest.
Heh, at least you can clear IN 1CC. I can't even do EoSD extra.

As for the other news..

Seimoe's tournament is getting rougher and rougher each run.. Remilia Scarlet vs Keine Kamishirasawa. My two favorite char.. Wah.. who to choose, who to choose..

slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:21 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2007, 04:21 PM #49 of 137
Yesterday .. Imperishable Night finally appeared - that makes the order from a few weeks ago complete -

<3

Reimu-Mat is going to be my new avatar - that's for sure!

Now I'm off.. playing some Imperishable Night -
I should stop dying at Stage 4 ...

And to every Nana its prey...
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:41 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2007, 04:41 AM #50 of 137
Heh, at least you can clear IN 1CC. I can't even do EoSD extra.
Don't worry, EoSD Extra is probably the hardest Extra available. Followed by PCB, then IN, then MoF. I haven't spent all that much time on EoSD in comparison to the other games. Though, EoSD is probably tied with IN in terms of favourites.

The thing about EoSD is that it has rank, and planning only takes you so far because of it. Patchouli is horrendous if you're on Lunatic and using Marisa A. If you're using Marisa A you're going to have difficulty with capturing Lava Cromlech or Emerald Megalith.

Quote:
Reimu-Mat is going to be my new avatar - that's for sure!
It's actually a pencil board. And they scratch easily.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [] General Touhou Discussion thread